Pure AOSP marshmallow

Search This thread

XperiAngelRB

Jun 13, 2012
Guayaquil
While I download applications from playstore I noticed that the notification of download disappears after a few seconds and the download of the application stops, even if the wifi is full signal..after other seconds download restarts..but i don't know if it's a notification bug or a download bug.. Also downloading under wifi signal seems to be slower than in previous releases..but it's an impression..anyone has experienved the same?
The same!

mirhl

Oct 15, 2012
While I download applications from playstore I noticed that the notification of download disappears after a few seconds and the download of the application stops, even if the wifi is full signal..after other seconds download restarts..but i don't know if it's a notification bug or a download bug.. Also downloading under wifi signal seems to be slower than in previous releases..but it's an impression..anyone has experienved the same?
It all depends upon your wifi connection speed..
If actual download speed is different from nominal one then there could be a problem on the phone side..
Otherwise it's all speculation

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: schumifer1

lks72

May 4, 2012
I've noticed that in wifi menu there isn't the wifi speed setting, which allows you to set wifi signal intensity to 2.5 or 5 or automatic, maybe this could be the problem with wifi.. Also improvement of quality of photocamera could be appreciated.. instead on daily use is quite smooth and works fine.. not with Facebook app that has some issue..maybe due to heaviness of itself that takes long time to open and lags

yunamunchy

Mar 31, 2014
Honor 6X
I've noticed that in wifi menu there isn't the wifi speed setting, which allows you to set wifi signal intensity to 2.5 or 5 or automatic, maybe this could be the problem with wifi.. Also improvement of quality of photocamera could be appreciated.. instead on daily use is quite smooth and works fine.. not with Facebook app that has some issue..maybe due to heaviness of itself that takes long time to open and lags

Chrome lags a lot due to its size also. This might be due to ram management also

patrol-cz

May 15, 2013
Prague
It all depends upon your wifi connection speed..
If actual download speed is different from nominal one then there could be a problem on the phone side..
Otherwise it's all speculation

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app

Hi!
I'm observing it as well, but on more phones and with different releases (KitKat 4.4.4 does this as well). I think it's not a problem of the phone or OS, but of the Play Store app. The indication is, that the download icon is really disappearing, while on a laggy / slow connection the data are arriving slowly, but the indicator is there all the time. On Motorola Milestone II with custom KK 4.4.4 ROM the "pause" may be even 2 - 3 minutes, then the download indicator resumes, the download is finished in a few seconds and the installation proces begins immediately. However, official unmodded (rooted only) 4.4.4 ROM on Xperia Z doesn't exhibit this problem.
Pavel

m1st3r1

Aug 15, 2010
Jakarta
Maybe the play store (the download service) got force closed due low-ram then got restarted back when the phone has more free ram. It happened with me too, sometimes, cant complaint though, as the job still be done.

And if you feel some apps feel heavy/lag, maybe try other alternative apps (like i use naked browser instead of chrome). If you dont find the alternative apps, maybe it's time to realize that you need newer (and more powerful) phone.

And for the dude who want to install cwm: why do you want to install cwm? Do you have specific reasons to must have cwm? Maybe you can flash cwm into the fota partition just like twrp (havent tried it). But i dont think there is advantage to have cwm than twrp, if you have problem flash naosp rom (in mine it has error when flashing naosp rom in twrp) you can flash doomkernel first (it has cwm built in the kernel and it will bypass the recovery in fota partition)

Reactions: galabuon

XxAkIMxX

Jun 1, 2012
seremban
bug?

My battery usage shows that wifi is always on but most of the time wifi is off. It is lollipop bug or its just me. Everything else is perfect. Its becoming my daily driver. Cant wait for next build n tap2wake function. Good job..!! :D:fingers-crossed:

vishals16

Apr 18, 2013
My battery usage shows that wifi is always on but most of the time wifi is off. It is lollipop bug or its just me. Everything else is perfect. Its becoming my daily driver. Cant wait for next build n tap2wake function. Good job..!! :D:fingers-crossed:
Goto wifi -> advanced and change wifi always on during sleep to never.
It is supposed to keep the wifi on while in sleep when it was turned on before the device went into sleep. Somehow it turns the wifi on in sleep even when the wifi was not on to begin with. I have faced the same problem in the past. Hope this helps [emoji4]

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk

XxAkIMxX

Jun 1, 2012
seremban
Working as expected

Goto wifi -> advanced and change wifi always on during sleep to never.
It is supposed to keep the wifi on while in sleep when it was turned on before the device went into sleep. Somehow it turns the wifi on in sleep even when the wifi was not on to begin with. I have faced the same problem in the past. Hope this helps [emoji4]

Thank you very much, It is working as I expected. But I need to reboot in order the trick to be done and I cant turn on wifi. If i turn wifi on I need to reboot again. Do you have any parmanent solution to solve this poblem? Btw I dirty flash. Did it inteference with the system?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-01-21-04-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-01-21-04-07.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 729

vishals16

Apr 18, 2013
Thank you very much, It is working as I expected. But I need to reboot in order the trick to be done and I cant turn on wifi. If i turn wifi on I need to reboot again. Do you have any parmanent solution to solve this poblem? Btw I dirty flash. Did it inteference with the system?
It is strange that you have to reboot everytime you have to turn on wifi. Mine works fine with those settings. I don't think dirty flash should create any problem provided you wiped the cache and dalvik cache after flashing the rom and gapps.

lks72

May 4, 2012
i have tryed to do a selfie, the front camera turns automatically to landscape, while i have the phone in vertical, if i turn the phone in landscape the image goes to vertical. is quite annoying..

mgrinwis

Sep 25, 2013
i have tryed to do a selfie, the front camera turns automatically to landscape, while i have the phone in vertical, if i turn the phone in landscape the image goes to vertical. is quite annoying..
It does not necessarily need to be related to the ROM you use...
Could you provide a logcat with that? Which app did you use and which (test)version of Pure AOSP did you use?
I've just tried my front camera but it doesn't show the 90ᵒ shift you described. I use the Google camera app and billchen's Pure AOSP test10.

lks72

May 4, 2012
It does not necessarily need to be related to the ROM you use...
Could you provide a logcat with that? Which app did you use and which (test)version of Pure AOSP did you use?
I've just tried my front camera but it doesn't show the 90ᵒ shift you described. I use the Google camera app and billchen's Pure AOSP test10.
i've used the photocamera stock of whatsapp.. maybe it's due to this.. i'll try again with AOSP camera (test 10 is the rom version i use now).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pure AOSP marshmallow build

It is just a reference for other developers, because I don't have much time to careful test and maintain it.

Warning: not recommend to try it unless u are sure know how to achieve the following condition, sorry for my bad English, but be careful. And more, /data will not mount under recovery after encryption(needed by android 6.0)

Before Installation:
    1. remove /sdcard partition(p15) and increase size of /data partition(p14). In theory just decrease size of /sdcard partition is also work, but I have not test.
    2. format /data but leave 16384 Bytes spare area at the footer of partition.(manual specify block/sector count when mkfs)

download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=21312
    source:
    https://github.com/billchen1977
    back from Chinese new year holiday.
    and please help to test kernel_fix_flicker.zip, take such a long time to try to fix this issue.
    here is a repackaged kernel (taken from test3) with built in recovery in both boot.img (fastboot) and update zip format. You will need to extract the boot.img from the boot.zip if you want to use fastboot.
    OK, caught it! Log attached. For me it seems that the problem is, that interrupt occured in the middle of pm8058_xoadc_dequeue_slot_request(). Shouldn't be it disabled, when the slot manipulation routines are running ?

Pavel

Should be fixed now, is is cause by something I miss merge from sony's msm_adc driver. Please test it! Thanks alot!!!

kernel_fix_random_reboot.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473397660
    Please help test kernel_cma_test2.zip, seems stable now.