Attachments

• Funny-2015-happy-new-year-with-minions.png
    Funny-2015-happy-new-year-with-minions.png
    233.8 KB · Views: 448

CekMTL

May 16, 2011
Cork
PreCog.me
Been folloeing your tweets and seems like you got some major improvements to PreCogGov. :) Exciting indeed.
Yep, it's like nothing else... I mean nothing comes even close to what it already does but I haven't finished yet.
Once I release the new version of ShinTo Kernel, it will be a totally radical & different kind of kernel, not for the faint of heart.

Actually, I know it will give me a lot of grief once I release it because of it being so radically different, so there are moments when I think of not releasing it to the general public.

JT man

Sep 10, 2007
Yep, it's like nothing else... I mean nothing comes even close to what it already does but I haven't finished yet.
Once I release the new version of ShinTo Kernel, it will be a totally radical & different kind of kernel, not for the faint of heart.

Actually, I know it will give me a lot of grief once I release it because of it being so radically different, so there are moments when I think of not releasing it to the general public.

I'm brave heart, so you don't have to worry about me lol...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: kpirnie

Jan 6, 2014
Manila

Aw. Well, I would always respect your decision on such. If you don't plan on releasing it to the general public, hopefully a lucky few would still get it. :)

Megaflop666

May 17, 2014
Insanity

Just my 2 cents, as we've discussed in private conversation, the majority of the world isn't ready for your work.

Reactions: WhateverMan2

PTJunkie1975

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, OH
soundcloud.com

I will respect whatever you decide to do since it's your work and countless hours of coding, modding and what not...I will respect that. But here's my 2 cents...don't let people get to your nerves. I've seen a lot of people here that complain about the most minimum thing regardless they're getting it for free at the expense of someone who puts a lot of sweat into something just for being nice. You'll find people like that everywhere, my best advice, ignore and keep walking. Unfortunately this place is plagued with people with lack of sense of appreciation and respect towards others, regardless they donate or not. So my friend, if you decide not to release your new work, it will surely suck not only for me but for a lot of other people who have been loyal to your work since day one, but it is what it is.

:crying:

Don't stress yourself with the newbies around here. Most users think you do this kind of work for a purpose and that you owe the community something. They don't even realise that you do it as a hobby simply.. As per your decision, feel free to do whatever goes in your heart. As from me, I'll try to help you as much as possible with the kernel and bug hunting :)
A big hug my friend from Portugal and above all: Thank you for your work on this awesome community :D

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
Google Pixel 6

And that's where the fun begins. You should just accept useful feedback and ignore the noise.

If you don't let your emotions overwhelm you and carry on with your great work, it would make you feel you and us better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to drop a quick line to wish you all merry Christmas, happy holidays and also to let you know that I've been working non stop on the new "revolution"... ;)
    Attention.... attention everyone...

The dev is passed out and has been working all day and night. It's currently almost 2 am his time.

The latest greatest shinto build will be released tomorrow late morning/early afternoon eastern standard time. There will be updated instructions here on the thread and at precog.me and of course if you follow the kernel you know where it will be.

Enjoy your nights, run your backups, have fun and get ready for some kernel that makes butter feel rough and coarse.
    @Bogeyof : Thank you for the help and scripts; yes ShinTo Kernel does modify/add in etc "izat.conf" "lowi.conf" "sap.conf". I will see that in future versions it will leave /system partition pristine and have an option to uninstall ShinTo Kernel prior to installing other kernels.

I've downloaded the paying GMD, installed it, played with it, and even defined my own gestures. Everything worked correctly and there was even one cool "feature" where for my own (one finger) gesture, I didn't have to touch the screen; it would work very close to the screen but without touching so the rest of stuff wouldn't react. What I did notice is that if you do the gesture really fast it wouldn't register it. Once you slow down and take your time, it works flawlessly.
    Anyhow, if you can't muster it, or want to have it like always, then all you have to do is select any governor except PrecoGov, turn off the screen, turn it on again and be happy.

@100401321 : You are one very smart guy! Yes, it works like that :) I told you all I intend to use the Note3 to it's fullest capacity, and this is one way.
    Our Synaptics digitiser has the option to report when there's a disruption in the magnetic/electric field in close proximity. Of course it can only detect the unit, as in one, but that is more than enough and it serves PrecoGov well. Samsung uses it in their TW as the "air view" thing.
    The best is that it will also be available on other roms that are not TW... :)

New version will be coming that has many fixes and hardened warrior code to avoid all the messy things out there...

One last thing that got me really pissed off is that my work has already been ripped off and used, but the worst part is that they ask me for support for issues when they are using it on OTHER KERNELS and roms... REALLY?!?!
    If that is the kind of game we are playing... then I don't have any problem going dark and continuing my work in private (and sharing with select few).

I don't give a FuKC about fame or if ShinTo Kernel is known or not, or if it is better than this or that... Seriously, I don't care; I'm my own worst & most aggressive critic! if I find one tiny stutter while scrolling with my own stock crap TW rom, I go crazy, take everything apart to trace why the hell it happened and fix it.

I have fixed and tested myself all outstanding issues/gotchas/omissions/wrong assumptions and will start working on the sharing problem.
    I will have it fixed soon but I would need one KNOWLEDGEABLE VOLUNTEER to test it, and if it fails, to be able to do a remote control session (team viewer) with note3 hooked to a pc and "adb shell" ready.

Those that value battery life above anything else, please stay away from PrecoGov and put some other governor.
    I say this because the aim of PrecoGov, even on such early stages and being in ALPHA release is to unleash the full power of the Note3 WHEN YOU NEED IT and then keep the cpu in check (which means NOT STARVE IT) when you don't, as for example when screen is off...
    Up until now, I would suffer from severely restricted power by other governors that are always STARVING the OS, especially when I needed it the most, and actually was fed up fiddling with their big number of cryptic parameters and having to activate all the touchboost frequency boost, threshold boost, frequency scales and the likes.
    As PrecoGov matures, you actually won't need or be able to touch anything to "fine-tune" because it will (already is in some very basic degree) SELF-TUNE and ADAPT to what you are doing, to the surroundings, battery, temperature, best energy efficient strategy for the workload, etc... all in realtime...

So to recap:
    I value not burning my battery when the screen is off.
    I value not burning my battery when the screen is on and I am not doing something that needs power.
    I value using my battery and cpu in the most efficient way by having the exact amount of POOOWWWWAAAAA needed for the task unleashed by the brain (that will become) PrecoGov.
    And, those benchmark ppl, especially antutu (antutu...SERIOUSLY?!?!?! that for a benchmark?!??!?)...I use it for stability testing but the numbers are to laugh at. Once I managed to hit 48k plus... anyways, PrecoGov doesn't care about synthetic benchmarks right now. As PrecoGov evolves, it will have full self tuning and adaptation functionality, so it will know what is going on, and adjust itself accordingly...smart over brute force... right?
    PrecoGov is not a mix of interactive and conservative or any other combinations you might think; PrecoGov is totally the opposite of the way of thinking of these governos.

And, do not forget I included a work in progress that is in ALPHA stage right now, as a gift so you can have a sneak-peek and also as a public thank you to those who generously donated. (I won't forget about you in the upcoming weeks ;) )

One good knowledgeable friend told me that ShinTo Kernel is too revolutionary for "mass consumption" and would give me headaches, and that I should tone it down & release a watered down version from time to time.
    At first I didn't share his point of vue at all but, today, I wholeheartedly agree with him and will be following his advice.

Thank you all for your time and patience.

PS: While I was at it, I thought I'd throw an improved GPU subsystem that should give even better UI smoothness. (yes... even in Tapatalk...).
    This just shows how much our Dev cares about *user experience*. Hey Samsung, you should watch and learn!

Re others stealing your code, have you reported it to XDA mods? I know they're very quick to sort out issues like this.
    I wouldn't be surprised if others are using your kernel code. eg. I've had some skinny kernel Dev smirk at me when I mentioned that anorexic kernel goes down the toilet when modem crashes and that Shinto Dev has fixed it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Nah, nothing to report here, it is bound to happen as it always happens. What got me upset is that I was asked for support to fix the "issue" on another kernel... I mean... com'on!!!!!!!!

As for the kernel code, for now I haven't published my sources so don't think it's possible.

The last part, that's not cool man... From the "anorexic" term, I think I know who you're talking about and he's one of the best Kernel devs out there...PERIOD! (and very generous for having his github!).

Again, I didn't *FIX* the modem, no one can fix the modem crashing, it's a closed source and very well guarded.
    ShinTo Kernel AVOIDS the issue, so instead of PANICing it RESETS the whole modem subsystem... that's it.
    We are lucky it only takes about 1s from crash to ready or else we all would be complaining...

ShinTo Kernel tries to stay alive whatever the costs, but you still have an issue with the modem, and it is still crashing till you upgrade or those who have the code, fix that part that somehow gets triggered in your case.

I really wish I could lay my hands on the baseband code... as everyone else of course!

PS: I don't think Samsung lacks a team of very talented coders there, on the contrary!
    They have contributed a lot of code to Linux and android... they created F2FS and keep upgrading and enhancing it among other things!!!
    When you are in a company, you have to follow procedures, rules, regulations and your manager's orders... you (usually) don't have the freedom to do something cool when you want to even if it's something amazing...
    I have the freedom, and I do it to learn and push myself out of my comfort zone... hell maybe what I designed isn't feasible, or maybe it is too cpu cycle heavy or costly.
    For now I am increasing my C & Kernel coding skills... and I consider my skills to be very basic but I am motivated, passionate and have the time... and I'll stop myself here coz I'm writing a novel... time for me to hit the sac... too many hours with this.

Good night all!