[ROM][OFFICIAL][Candy5][v2.5.4][Android 5.1.1][falcon][09/06/2015]

Search This thread

plewis1981

Aug 14, 2013
Nottingham
How to install Moto FM Radio on this rom? It says our device isn't compatible, while there is the right hardware for it.
I've seen that in Settings>Info the device is called "moto g" and not "XT1032". Might be the reason?

Cheers.

You can change the device name by modifying it in the build prop and rebooting.

Sent from my moto g using XDA Free mobile app

plewis1981

Aug 14, 2013
Nottingham
Ok, thanks. This won't solve the FM Radio incompatibility, right?

I think i read that the play store checks the build prop to verify the device, so in theory it should work, unless something has changed since since i read this, as it was back when Nexus 4 was king, the advice then was to change the device type to nexus 4 and all apps will be available, not to sure whether the xt should be in caps or not for our device so it might be worth trying both, or maybe even nexus 6

Sent from my moto g using XDA Free mobile app

simosimi

Jul 5, 2013
Rome
Hi guys. I have xt1032 upgraded to GPE 5.0.1. I cannot flash neither one rom 5.0.x with this... I have error unable to mount /system or cannot upgrade binary...
Could someone tell me which recovery should i use? I think i have problems with partitions... Thanks in advance !!
P.s. i have root access

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
Hi guys. I have xt1032 upgraded to GPE 5.0.1. I cannot flash neither one rom 5.0.x with this... I have error unable to mount /system or cannot upgrade binary...
Could someone tell me which recovery should i use? I think i have problems with partitions... Thanks in advance !!
P.s. i have root access

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

That is because the GPE 5.0.1 has changed the partition table and hence there are problems faced. You'll have to downgrade to 4.4.4 GPE and then use philz recovery to flash. You can try philz first on the 5.0.1 version to flash. The only rom till now compatible with the GPE partition seems to Vanir.

IzzyMiacki

Dec 31, 2014
IN security settings theres no smart lock. it supposed to be under owner info..but its not there would you be able to fix it? other then that the ROM is great thanks :)

troytheboy

Dec 5, 2014
IN security settings theres no smart lock. it supposed to be under owner info..but its not there would you be able to fix it? other then that the ROM is great thanks :)
there is a smart lock under owner info. if you cant see it, first choose a locking type other than swipe (patter for e.g.) once you have setup a lock code you can see smart lock under owner info.

thuva06

Nov 18, 2013
Dubai
there are alot of talk about this cannot flash over GPE 5.0.1 Converted devices.

I have a XT1033 converted to GPE 5.0.1 and i flashed TWRP 2.8.2.0 and i could flash any rom of 5.0.2 without any problem

never had any problems in the rom too everythings works fine. I guess only XT1032 devices face this problem once converted to GPE

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
there are alot of talk about this cannot flash over GPE 5.0.1 Converted devices.

I have a XT1033 converted to GPE 5.0.1 and i flashed TWRP 2.8.2.0 and i could flash any rom of 5.0.2 without any problem

never had any problems in the rom too everythings works fine. I guess only XT1032 devices face this problem once converted to GPE

I have a XT-1033 and both philz and twrp fail to mount the system partition to flash any rom.

thuva06

Nov 18, 2013
Dubai
I have a XT-1033 and both philz and twrp fail to mount the system partition to flash any rom.

well i used this tread to downgrade from my 5.0 soak test but this works with any firmware i even tested it with stock 4.4.4 works fine convert your device into this 4.4.4 and then try flashing any rom with TWRP 2.8.2.0

GEP: http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/guide-xt1033-downgrade-lollipop-5-0-to-t2969729

TWRP: http://d-h.st/8at

DO THIS AND YOU ARE GOOD TO FLASH ANY ROM :)

Reactions: andogeek10

simosimi

Jul 5, 2013
Rome
well i used this tread to downgrade from my 5.0 soak test but this works with any firmware i even tested it with stock 4.4.4 works fine convert your device into this 4.4.4 and then try flashing any rom with TWRP 2.8.2.0

GEP: http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/guide-xt1033-downgrade-lollipop-5-0-to-t2969729

TWRP: http://d-h.st/8at

DO THIS AND YOU ARE GOOD TO FLASH ANY ROM :)

Yeah i am one of those that had problem flashing any Rom... Either with 5.0.1 gpe and 4.4.4 gpe. I have xt1032.
The only fix to this problem is returning to 4.4.4. Stock Motorola Firmware and then u can flash with philz recovery any kind of roms, 5.0x and 4.4.x without problems...
I hope all xt1032 users could read this!

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: robergalvan69

Edu13

Feb 2, 2013
Barcelona
Yeah i am one of those that had problem flashing any Rom... Either with 5.0.1 gpe and 4.4.4 gpe. I have xt1032.
The only fix to this problem is returning to 4.4.4. Stock Motorola Firmware and then u can flash with philz recovery any kind of roms, 5.0x and 4.4.x without problems...
I hope all xt1032 users could read this!

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

Make sure verify zip in TWRP is ticked √ otherwise it won't flash. Something obvious but sometimes overlooked. Good luck!

A

amarc78

On latest build I got system ui has stopped message as soon as setup finished and was unable to even get to home screen with XT1031.

rc420head

Jan 14, 2013
New Lenox
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6a
On latest build I got system ui has stopped message as soon as setup finished and was unable to even get to home screen with XT1031.

What do you mean latest build, are you talking about the one I uploaded and then deleted a few hours later and I never said was released? Lol if so yeah.... Had some issues, New fixed builds will be up by tomorrow

CandyRoms Maintainer

A

amarc78

Must be, I downloaded it yesterday. It was newer than the last build in the downloads now.

Valbon

Dec 3, 2012
Hey, I have a problem with the brightness on this rom and on the GPE. If I set the brightness on automatic and I set the brightness on the minimal, my screen is black. Anyone else have this problem ?

Sorry for my very bad english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @tr1gg3r84 @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @Bx16

qy9e6u4u.jpg

Will be up shortly. We are still in transition from CK

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    Candy Interface
    Custom navigation bar
    Battery Percent
    Recents Panel Options
    Clock and Date Options
    Wake Options
    Rotation 360 degrees
    Custom Notification Lights
    Lockscreen Notifications Per App
    IME options from 4.4+
    Disable Ime selector
    Gestures anywhere
    Dark Candy5 ROM option
    Battery Saver mode coloring
    Custom system animations
    Full Sweetner Pack compatible
    Battery bar
    Theme Engine
    Visual improvements
    ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions

1389691_orig.png

CHANGELOG

Steps:

Download Candy5.zip
    Download 5.0.+ Gapps (optional)
    Place Candy5.zip on phones memory or SD card
    Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
    Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    Flash Candy5.zip
    Flash Gapps
    Flash SuperSu zip (optional)
    Reboot and Enjoi

be9apenu.jpg

*Candy5

* Gapps
    Or use 5.0.0 Gapps of choice

kernel source HERE

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

Candy5 is in early stages and will inherit CyanogenMod bugs and issues. But some we have resolved ourselves.
    The base has been tested and passed most users needs for a Daily Driver.

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms,for making their source open.
    Sources:

CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    LiquidSmooth

XWkqU3e.png

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    Candy5, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    tapan15in
    ROM OS Version: Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.5.4

Created 2014-12-02
    Last Updated 2015-06-09
    Had a few very minor issues, rebuilding now and will have new release very soon,
    Here's the changelog for coming build
    http://the-candy-shop.co/changelog.html

m8 running official candy5 beta
    New build is up 0.8.3

---------------------------------------------
    Candy5 taste the sweetness
    Changelog for 0.8.3?

- Reverted Dpi Changer...conflicts with built in su. Will bring it back when bug is resolved

- Added Custom HeadsUp options [thanks Slim]...Sound & notification

- Added PullDown header weather option...Candy Interface/Statusbar

- Added Lock screen Gestures security...Security/Screen lock

- Added Volume music controls...Candy Interface

- Added Notification count toggle... Candy Interface/Status bar [thanks Cm]

- Tons of C5 under the hood improvements

- Added ALL Cm's new features

- TONS of Cm fixes and maintenance

- Device Specific Improvements and additions
    ---------------------------------------------
    Candy5 taste the sweetness
    update is out, see op for changelog and download link