Rhino Shield Screen Protector

Search This thread

tremblingwater

Jul 24, 2010
London
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some info with you. I love these guys - i ve had the rhinoshield on my nexus 4 and 5 so I've been using them for a while.

I received my nexus 6 rhinoshield yesterday and safe to say, its not a finished product. The cut out is too big so we are left with the screen protector going over the edges. I tried reapplying a few times - its just too big and doesn't work well with the curved edges.

I emailed them and they have issued a refund. They have also mentioned that they will be going back to engineering and that they'll release it again soon.

Reactions: jonnydopemsr

RanceJustice

Feb 11, 2013
Normally I'd simply select one of the tempered glass offerings, but given the halo/rounded corner issue, I'm looking elsewhere. How is the RhinoShield when it comes to clarity, anti-fingerprint coating, color, fit etc...? I know that the additional durability over a standard "soft" protector is its big selling point, but the other elements are just as if not more important to me? Especially given its pricing, I fully expect it to be as good if not better in those regards. Anyone know how it stacks up? Thanks.

Edit: From what Tremblingwater mentioned, it seems this one is not ready for the N6 as of yet. I find it strange that so many manufacturers can't seem to get it right...aren't there a few phones with similar rounded edges on which they've already "practiced"?

collegencmc

Jun 18, 2009
It looks like its pre-order only. I heard the same problem for zagg invisible shield as well. My question is it worth waiting until Rhino gets the issue fixed or go with someone else? If so who should be the next screen protector to go with? I was looking on amazon and there are a lot out there. Right now I'm just using the one that came with the phone.

tremblingwater

Jul 24, 2010
London
Hey Rance.

I'd rate then highly. Its the best screen protector I've used. Its a shame that they had the issue with the n6. Once they get it fixed I'll be sure to get it again.

Its ever so slightly thicker than other protectors I've used but it keeps the colours, keeps the feeling of using a screen. On my n5 anyway, it protected against a number of scratches, scuffs and various screws and nails.

Last edited:

Fadakar

Oct 17, 2009
California
Hey Rance.

I'd rate then highly. Its the best screen protector I've used. Its a shame that they had the issue with the n6. Once they get it fixed I'll be sure to get it again.

Its ever so slightly thicker than other protectors I've used but it keeps the colours, keeps the feeling of using a screen. On my n5 anyway, it protected against a number of scratches, scuffs and various screws and nails.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the protector after you applied it?

jonnydopemsr

Feb 5, 2010
Chicago
Just put it on and sorry for no pictures but mine was way to big for the phone. The whole thing is bubbling up around the edges. Sent email waiting for a reply.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Let's see how the revised one looks. It would be nice if there was an easier way to cut it well but if it works for the meantime I wouldn't worry.

androidballer

Feb 13, 2013
Does anyone else have a shipping that says label created December 31st, yet to receive it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

postm

Aug 30, 2012
Just received mine (preordered 1st of December). It's oversized.

Tried cutting it, looked too ugly on a 700eur device, gave up.

And I destroyed a perfectly fine shield I previously had on :(

Do not buy until they fix it.

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Disappointing that it doesn't quite fit right. Now I'm thinking of using the screen protector that shipped with the phone as a guide to trim the rhino shield. I never removed it so I have a clean screen to apply the rhino to. I also wonder if the size is meant to wrap where the glass bevels and if a little heat would help with that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

jhk0215

Dec 7, 2014
I have this screen protector and at first the proximity sensor doesn't work properly, but I did the work around and it works perfectly fine

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
I have this screen protector and at first the proximity sensor doesn't work properly, but I did the work around and it works perfectly fine

How does yours fit? Any pics. Wife just texted me to tell me mine has arrived. If it doesn't look right, I won't be taking off my perfectly good tempered glass to try it.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Those who have received theirs, where did it ship from? I got my shipping notice on Thursday & it came in the mail today. Which is very very fast. Considering I live in Australia. And there is no international shipping label or customs declaration on the packaging. Says it was shipped from Bayswater, Victoria. Australia.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I emailed the other day. Got a response today that they won't ship until after Xmas due to potential shipping delays.
    I ordered one of these on jan 2 and it just shipped, here's to hoping its a revised design and it fits better now, I'll let you all know when I get it.

Finally got mine after a month! So it doesn't wrap around the edges at all but it protects right up to the edge before it begins rolling off to the side. Waiting for some corners to settle (had to reapply it at least a half dozen times to get some dust out. :(), but I'll snag a pic once it's settled.

Overall pretty pleased with it!
    Not yet, I hope it ships soon
    Here's the email I got today.

Hey thanks for the email,?*

All the Nexus 6 orders has actually been packed and ready to go, but we were told by the postal service not to sent them out, as the likelihood of losing them are so high!

We will send them probably after xmas/new year when the service resume again?*

thanks for your understanding and sorry for the delays.

Merry Xmas and happy new years!

Eva
    dWcdY0L.jpg

Got this installed today, both sides are lifting like crazy...