[ROM] [Unofficial] [Bliss Pop V 2.0] [5.0.2] 02-08-15 - [LS990]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drekalots

Mar 25, 2013
I think I need to rescind my GPS comments. In checking GPS with GPS Toolbox I am finding out that my phone cannot sync to GPS. It's been trying for ~20 minutes. The only way I get location is via network services. This post looks promising (Lollipop Illusion Post 270) but I need to find a rooted stock ROM to flash in order to try it. I really don't want to flash stock and then have to repeat the whole root/customer loader process.

Well I can confirm that the steps in post #270 in the above link fixed my GPS issues. Here's what I did:

1. Flashed back to ZV4 (losing root and TWRP).
2. Signed into the device and let it sit (skipping install on all programs and canceling firmware upgrades)
3. Re-rooted with Stump / Installed TWRP with Bump!
4. Installed GPS Status and Toolbox
5. Set Location to High Accuracy (GPS and Network Location)
6. Opened Maps and GPS Status and Toolbox
7. Picked a local address and started navigation to it
8. Powered off the phone and then booted into TWRP
9. Flashed Bliss Pop and GAPPS

After completing that I installed the GPS Status and Toolbox app and fired it up. GPS sync took less than 5 seconds. My other apps (non google) that use GPS also picked up the GPS sync. Overall it looks to have worked rather well.

Reactions: Pump Ac7i0n

vestaviajag

Oct 28, 2006
South Fork, NC
At lease you figured out it wasn't the ROM it was some app. My guess, it's got to be some app that requires ROOT or messes with phone settings; themers, ringtone apps, automated apps. Maybe you'll have an off day and have time to find it, good luck.

Preliminary results confirm that its the scary ringtone app that is causing this issue. When I uninstall this app, the Fc goes away. I am going to flash back to my backup and uninstall this app and see if that solves this problem.

Look at that... Good job isolating the app, I'm sure it was tedious.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming! :p

Reactions: otroguero

otroguero

Mar 23, 2011
Texas

Play Store install or TB resurrection? Data incl, or no? Thx

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I'll let you and everyone know what I find out. I am also doing a backup every 50 apps to so I don't have to keep installing all my apps. Do you think maybe I have too many apps installed for the app manager?? I normally have over 200+ apps installed.
Update- I have narrowed it down to 10 apps that maybe be causing this issue. Getting closer

Preliminary results confirm that its the scary ringtone app that is causing this issue. When I uninstall this app, the Fc goes away. I am going to flash back to my backup and uninstall this app and see if that solves this problem.
Still think this isn't development thread fodder... Try the "scary ringtone app" thread.

Reactions: RandomPooka

vestaviajag

Oct 28, 2006
South Fork, NC
Play Store install or TB resurrection? Data incl, or no? Thx

Not sure what you're asking.

Personally, I agree with some that you shouldn't use TB, as it will only increase possibilities of problems (not saying it never works, but I don't like to risk it). But I figured if TB wasn't his problem, it was an app that messed with settings, such as a ringtone app.

My data works 90%... sometimes it will cutoff and I have to do the airplane mode trick (airplane mode -> reboot -> airplane mode off). This happens once every 72 hours or so... if that.

jreink01

Jun 27, 2012
Saginaw

I still haven't finished installing all my apps. I am going to continue to do this until I know for sure if it is/was only one app. It could possibly be multiple app, don't know for sure yet.

Update- After searching through 250+ apps, the final report is in. After extensive research and time, I have isolated 7 apps to be conficting with this rom.
scary ringtones
sound effects ringtones
know your personality
popular funny ringtones
funny morning alarm ringtones
christmas ringtones
pie control pro

This is a heads up to everyone.

Last edited:

otroguero

Mar 23, 2011
Texas
5. Create a thread or post a message only once.

As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer. (Also refer to Rule 16)

15. Keep threads / posts on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
General Forums - For news and announcements relating to your device.
Q&A Help & Troubleshooting Forums - For all question / request threads and posts. If there is no Q&A Help & Troubleshooting forum, use the General Forum of the relevant device
Accessories Forum - For posts related to accessories relevant to the device
Development Forums (ones with the word development in the title) - For Developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to kernels, bootloaders, ROMs, etc.
Themes and Apps Forums - For the posting of Themes and / or Apps as well as announcements & discussions including modifications made to Themes and Apps.

Too much to ask? @MikeChannon

jreink01

Jun 27, 2012
Saginaw
5. Create a thread or post a message only once.

As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer. (Also refer to Rule 16)

15. Keep threads / posts on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
General Forums - For news and announcements relating to your device.
Q&A Help & Troubleshooting Forums - For all question / request threads and posts. If there is no Q&A Help & Troubleshooting forum, use the General Forum of the relevant device
Accessories Forum - For posts related to accessories relevant to the device
Development Forums (ones with the word development in the title) - For Developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to kernels, bootloaders, ROMs, etc.
Themes and Apps Forums - For the posting of Themes and / or Apps as well as announcements & discussions including modifications made to Themes and Apps.

Too much to ask? @MikeChannon
In regards to your discussion, I believe my issues ARE related to this rom (bliss pop), (therfor are relevant to this thread), as these apps have never had these adverse effects on other roms I have installed and ran. This is a heads up to others who may have similar issues with this rom. Its not the rom itself that has issues, I know that, but these apps obviously confilct with this rom. I wouldn't say its totally a issue with these apps as they have worked fine on other roms. I'm sure others would like to know to steer clear of these apps as (in my case), can cause issues with the rom.
As always, we are all here to help one another, not to dispute and there is no ONE person that knows everything, myself included. We have all needed help from time to time, even the most experienced.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
This ROM is fantastic! So smooth and fast. Great work guys. It's slipping out of my hands its so fast.
QQ, I was in /interface/navbar settings, and somehow ended up with arrows on either side of nav bar. Can't seem to get rid of them. Far as I can tell, I only have 3 buttons active in settings , but these arrows won't go away. I must be looking in wrong spot or something, but any tips appreciated.
And again, this ROM is mind-numbingly smooth and fast. Wicked fast.

NVM, i figured it out. Was being dumb. Lol
This ROM is super fluid and seems to get great battery life, and has the most customization I've seen in a LP ROM so far. That said, I may end up back on 4.4.4 just because I don't really dig what Google is doing with android. In particular with regard to the notification pull down, and quick tiles/toggles.
Great job with it, though, guys.

Then you shouldn't be using custom ROMs. Data restores are ALWAYS a bad idea. That is something to be learned early on in android.

^^^^^^regarding this^^^^^^^

I see my comments were inelegant, inartful, and inflammatory. A bit over the top. My bad, I was "altered". Sorry.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

My compass seems to be off 180°, but I think I've seen others with same issue. GPS, more generally, seems to be pretty damn accurate.

otroguero

Mar 23, 2011
Texas
Done Arguing
Your issues are App related
Your issues have been posted multiple times
Your issues are not Development issues, they're app/user issues
When you signed on (posted 10x) you agreed to a certain set of rules for contributing to a Dev thread. All I ask is that you do your due diligence, and respect those rules and the other users of the thread. Thx! :)

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
I don't know that I've ever seen the phrase "due diligence" used in a non-legal contract sense more than I have here on XDA. I know that language evolves, but that one just throws me every time.

Reactions: otroguero

tritonesub

Dec 26, 2012
Osaka
I accidentally muted my Shuttle+ notification two days ago, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to un-mute it. I've checked the app notification settings as well as reinstalling the app.

IamFlynn

Jul 20, 2012
adf.ly
Something weird happened for the first time. I was using the phone and then I put it down and next thing you know, I pick it up to use and I get this error message something about a kernel crash. I couldn't take a screenshot because it was like a black screen that said, "Kernel crash by demigod" or something like that and it said reboot press power and i was going to take a screenshot but as soon as I did, it rebooted. It was weird.
Should I be worried?

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Of course not.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

;)

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

This ROM is running so sweet. Just wanna say again what a sick job you've done here. 2 days, no issues so far. Also, I just had 2hr 33min screen in time, and battery was only at 66%. Amazing. And the inverted theme is beautiful, please don't change. Also, I always use nova premium, but thought I'd mess with the stick launcher for a few. I couldn't believe all the customization it offers, I don't know if you guys did that, or Google finally did, but either way, great work!

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

And what I'm possibly mist surprised by, usually AOSP Roms mean you must suffer the camera. This works excellent. Can't say enough about this ROM.

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
A kernel crash here and there can happen. Usually not very often. If it persists, worry. If it doesn't? No big deal.

You couldn't screenshot it, because the OS was no longer running. That was essentially like a Windows BSOD, if you're familiar with those. I was trying to think of the linux equivalent, but the linux equivalent is just a kernel panic message like this :)

Reactions: IamFlynn

jreink01

Jun 27, 2012
Saginaw
On this new install, everything appears to be working good, great rom. I have the native pie enabled. I have noticed that on more than one occasion that pie does does not trigger in the activation area. Anyone else experienced this issue?

Update - I have just confirmed these two issues. The native pie and also the double tap to work does not stick when rebooting. Each time I reboot, I have to go into the settings and turn them off and back on again for them to work. Anyone else having this issue? And /or know how to fix?

Last edited:

mrl0n3ly714

Jan 30, 2007
Tampa Bay
Everytime i change mobile network from LTE to Global, whole system is freeze and lag and untouchable.....Signal (GSM) is on and off... I hard unlock the device, as long Global function is work i can get signal from GSM

mrj0087

Feb 21, 2014
El Paso
wow rom is really good. I was wondering, is there any way to have the long press open up the power menu? I had that on my old rom (an lg rom) and wanted the same functionality for my recents button. I looked at the setting and didn't see it. Anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!

jreink01

Jun 27, 2012
Saginaw
Does this rom have native voicemail?? It appears that it does but I can't find the app for voicemail to either uninstall it or disengage it because I use google voice. I am getting two notifications (status bar only) when I get a voicemail. I would like to only use google voice for voicemail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
There's apps for voicemail? I mean, beyond the bloatware crap that comes on the phone. It's a core function of your cellular service and doesn't require an app to work. You use your dialer to call your voicemail number (often your own cell number) and enter your password. That's about as native as it could get.

jreink01

Jun 27, 2012
Saginaw
There's apps for voicemail? I mean, beyond the bloatware crap that comes on the phone. It's a core function of your cellular service and doesn't require an app to work. You use your dialer to call your voicemail number (often your own cell number) and enter your password. That's about as native as it could get.
Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that on aosp roms (like blisspop) there was no native voicemail. Maybe I'm wrong on this. I would like to use the google voice for voicemail, is there a way to have the core voicemail shut off of disengaged? If I'm way off base, please let me know, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heading_Blue_BlissPop.png

Team Bliss Website
    http://www.blissroms.com/

Bliss Roms now has a new website with several features.
    Member sign-up, giveaways, weekly newsletter for members,
    staff information, downloads and the option to open support tickets for issues
    are just a few of the great features available on our website.
    Huge thanks to @pjgraber03 for developing and maintaining our website.

Team Bliss is a team consisting of developers and device maintainers that work on this project in our spare
    time to be able to give Android users a custom rom packed with features that will make a lasting impression.

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you BlissPop Rom!

BlissPop is one of the most highly customizable roms that you can install on your mobile device, and you will have a truly blissful experience.
    BlissPop is CM12 based, with some features added in, and we will continue to update features as they become available.
    A huge thanks to CyanogenMod for the source, and all the work and dedication their team puts in to keep us updated.
    We will keep up to date with the latest CM code, and updates will be posted on a regular basis.
    However, please do not ask for ETA's. We will update the links as soon as they become available.

We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread.
    We will do our best to answer your questions or concerns as soon as possible.
    Heading_Blue_Features.png

Personalization Options

Status Bar
    -Clock & Date Options
    -Option to show seconds in time
    -Battery Options (Portrait, Landscape, Circle, Text or Hidden)
    -Battery Bar Options
    -Traffic Monitor
    -Brightness Control
    -Notification Count
    -Weather
    -Notification Ticker
    -Carrier Label Options

Recents Options
    -Clear All Button Tweaks
    -Option to show Google search bar in recents Menu
    -OmniSwitch (Option to replace recents menu with Omniswitch)

Quick Settings
    -Quick Pulldown (Left, Right, Off)
    -Smart Pulldown

Gesture Anywhere
    -Location Options
    -Trigger Regions

Animations
    -Toast Animations
    -Listview Animations
    -System Animations
    -Scrolling Cache
    -Scrolling Modifiers

App Circle Bar
    -Choose what apps you want to show on the App Circle Bar
    -Trigger width, position and height

AudioFX Equalizer

Device Options

-Navigation Bar Buttons & Options (Height & Width)
    -Power Button End Call option
    -Home Button Options (Wake up device, Answer call, Long Press Action, Double Tap Action)
    -Back Button Wake Up Device option
    -Menu Button Options (Wake up device, Short Press Action, Long Press Action)
    -Backlight Duration

Sound & Notification Options

-Media, Alarm & Ring Volume Options
    -Increasing Ring Volume
    -Call Vibration
    -Interruption Options
    -Notification Light Options
    -Battery Light Options
    -App Notification Options
    -Notification Access
    -Camera Shutter sound, Screenshot Sound, Safe Headset Volume
    -Less Frequent Notifications
    -Heads Up Notification with Snooze Timer & Time Out

Pie Control

-SuperSU
    -Device Control - Allows control of kernel settings & other device options
    -Advanced Reboot
    -Wakelock Blocker

--Many other settings throughout the rom. Take some time to familiarize yourself with all the blissful options!

Heading_Blue_Source.png

Heading_Blue_Gapps.png

We recommend using Banks GApps. The latest are available Here
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps

If you prefer another set of GApps, just make sure you use 5.0.

BlissPop Website Supported Devices

Heading_Blue_Installation.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of flashing.
    Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.

-Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. (TWRP, CWM, Philz CWM)
    -Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package.
    -Boot into recovery.
    -Make a backup
    -Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    -Flash Bliss Rom
    -Flash GAPPs package
    -Reboot

Heading_Blue_Bugs.png

As you all know, Lollipop is new and there are going to be bugs.
    Please bear with us while we work on getting things updated, and all errors fixed.
    If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, and is not a known issue with CM,
    please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you time, as well as us.

-Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    -After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    -Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    -As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    -Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    -Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.
    -You can also open trouble tickets on our website for bugs.

**** ROM ****
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934525560

Heading_Blue_Donate.png

If you would like to donate for further development of Bliss Roms,
    (or to buy us a beer every now & again), visit this link:
    PayPal Donate Link
    Any & all donations are greatly appreciated.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...bn=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donate_SM.gif:NonHosted

Or you can choose to donate to any other of their team members
    This is @pimpmaneaton
    Heading_Blue_Credits.png

The Bliss Team:
    Thanks to @skyliner33v for the wallpapers & boot animations. @pimpmaneaton, @jackeagle, @nprev420, @remicks, @Deliberate, @xboxfanj @nerdyblonde, @Vortex1969 @pjgraber03, @bracketslash @death2all110

&& Thanks to a ton of other people who have contributed to the source that we used to build the rom!
    Its quiet in here... 2.0 coming later today
    The new build is up. Settings > display fixed and dialer.
    New build with theme engine up
    Hopefully the moment will be years lol, cannot stand the white. I suppose if I ever decide I like the white I can get an iPhone. Course once the theme engine gets in everyone will be happy.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Dark Theme isn't going anywhere. We decided as a team to make it material dark because we hate the bright white. Sorry for those who do not agree with our decision, but until there is a working toggle for light/dark switching then we will continue to have the dark theme.