Lollipop for the Optimus 2x

Search This thread

Frecciablu(2)

Feb 22, 2014
Tested the rom :)
Already tryed L keyboard that work on my dual kk. But wasnt work.
Also tryed kk keyboard but no work.

So bored of forceclose of keyboard and of performance controll (each charge was stuck phone).

So i decided to decompile and recompile with no keyboard no performance controll and some app to test.
Also with again edited build prob for lowram false (im graphic addicted x'D)

Result, had way to test xD

And have get that is the buildprob to let users setting appear o.o
But 95% of time get reboot to swich user, as in omnirom :/

Most important problem:
*** wont mount sd
Then:
Wont open
-camera
-google calendar
-play store

Account email give some kind of problem for certificate.
No possible add google account? (Same to omnirom).

Wifi really work!! Great :)
And for the magic of my luck x"D
delete all keyboard have let a light kb appear (maybe hided somewhere for developers...).

40cb05732c0146ad95863269bbd6fb3c.jpg

Sorry, no tested mobile data.

Last edited:

awais_2

Aug 6, 2012
Hello,

Is ADB not working on this ROM? Do I have to apply the method I used on the OmniRom version?

Thank you

Last edited:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nice I see that you guys also fixed wifi now, I will cherry pick it soon when I have time ;) I am a bit busy atm.
If you are flashing gapps you indeed need to remove the keyboard from it cause else it will FC.
I will also look later for you graphic users to enable the stuff which gets disabled with lowram enabled in the device tree if @DJNoXD and @Puri2013 don't do it faster as me. Also goodluck with AOSPA 5.0 :):good:

Last edited:

Frecciablu(2)

Feb 22, 2014
Hi guys! :)

I tested some camera apps suggested from my bro @MatteoB92

None worked
Some app have get open but show just black screen with buttons, and as i interact with buttons, i get same errors.
Can lock on attacked logs? to assure its alway same problem?
really hope its no a kernel prob :/

Had already tryed a m1 version?

Why some app work, other not?

And as this is my first follow of a rom develop, near random reboot are normal? Need some logs for that too? (what can be the problem?)

If need any logs ask me :)

Attachments

• cameraapps.zip
    56.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

gucky01

Dec 22, 2012
Hiddenhausen
Also I'm pushing out my ears..

:D
Me too.

Beside from the wifi-fix, which could probably be included in Wulsic`device tree there is few hope to move on.
I tested some changes and combinations of Omnirom, AOSP and Timduru sources but no success.
A build with newest Omnirom sources stucks on flashing.
Actually I`m working on a build based on Timdurus sources. If I can manage to get it boot it`s the best choice, because we can use his commits in frameworks etc.
Hope for more time at the weekend.
And finally- if an expert like Timduru would look at the sources, it should be no big problem to get it work. Perhaps someone here has connections?

echo_21

Aug 18, 2013
Hamburg
Development workflow?

Me too.

Beside from the wifi-fix, which could probably be included in Wulsic`device tree there is few hope to move on.
I tested some changes and combinations of Omnirom, AOSP and Timduru sources but no success.
Actually I`m working on a build based on Timdurus sources. If I can manage to get it boot it`s the best choice, because we can use his commits in frameworks etc.
And finally- if an expert like Timduru would look at the sources, it should be no big problem to get it work. Perhaps someone here has connections?

Hi gucky01, hi other devs,

is your workflow always as listed here?

1. modify sources, cherrypick, etc.
2. build ROM
3. flash ROM
4. test P990
5. conclude
6. goto 1

Or do you also work this way?

1. build ROM that is known to be a good basis
2. flash ROM
3. test P990
4. conclude
5. modify OS (e.g. by replacing binaries/scripts/config data from other phones or older P990 ROMs)
6. goto 3

Regards echo_21

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Regarding that I can recommend the mmm command, which you can use to rebuild individual files (like mmm frameworks/base).
That's how I usually did my testing, build a ROM, test it, check the log, try to investigate the errors, implement ideas to fix the issues, rebuild the files with mmm, adb push the files to the device, retest. Then when it works git commit and ship it.

But yes, it's a long and exhausting task that requires a great perseverance and dedication, I know that all too well.
The good thing is, you don't need to have an amazing godlike android knowledge - it's more about the will to do some time-consuming research.

Edit: and make sure to check out the Captivate Glide CM12 repo, that's a tegra2 phone as well:
https://github.com/buborh/android_device_samsung_i927/tree/cm-12.0

Last edited:

MatteoB92

Jun 15, 2012
Bari
Me too.

I hope @timduru could help us, he is a God doing an amazing work on my Transformer TF101 !

Reactions: gucky01 and pijas82

NoDze

Some good news. The folks at the Captivate Glide forums have an almost stable and fully functional CM12/5.0 Lollipop build. Why is that relevant? Because the Samsung Captivate Glide uses the exact same chipset as our LG Optimus 2X P990 - AP20H.

Link here :)

Edit: Well, ****, I didn't see that TonyP posted exactly the same thing 2 posts before me. Just ignore this and move on.

Last edited:

gucky01

Dec 22, 2012
Hiddenhausen
I have contact @timduru

Here his reply:

So @TO developer

If have any immediate quest, ask him, he will reply as he can :)

Thank you very much, Frecciablu!
My basic idea was, that he should look at Tonys device and vendor tree, if there should be changes to work with his(AOSP) sources.
Actually I'm trying to build a rom with Timdurus sources again, made small changes, but in my opinion it will not flash or boot, because he made many changes in frameworks etc to improve the power for his Tf101.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Hi gucky01, hi other devs,

is your workflow always as listed here?

1. modify sources, cherrypick, etc.
2. build ROM
3. flash ROM
4. test P990
5. conclude
6. goto 1

Or do you also work this way?

1. build ROM that is known to be a good basis
2. flash ROM
3. test P990
4. conclude
5. modify OS (e.g. by replacing binaries/scripts/config data from other phones or older P990 ROMs)
6. goto 3

Regards echo_21
I tried both ways, actually I try to include the fixes for cm12 Tony posted above. Oh man, sometimes I run out of steam:crying:

gucky01

Dec 22, 2012
Hiddenhausen
CM is back again

Hi all, after several weeks I could wake up the CM-sources to work with our phone again.

First I tried the CM-sources + Tonys device and vendor tree and added the changes to build(I posted some weeks ago). I used TARGET_CPU_VARIANT := generic in boardconfig. This build stops with the known ffmpeg error.

In the second build I used the patches made by bubor(https://github.com/buborh/android_device_samsung_i927/tree/cm-12.0). @ Wulsiv: Did you see, that he is using your ffmepg patch? Again I used the generic command. Now build finishes, but I`ve got a bootloop. Logcat shows the known /F error in libc.

Third try: I changed TARGET_CPU_VARIANT in boardconfig to tegra 2. Now the rom boots up! I think, the tegra fix made by bubor is the reason! Credits goes to him!
This rom crashes after some seconds, it was too late yesterday to get a logcat. I will post the results in the evening and will upload the build, if you want.
With new hope,
Gucky01

Frecciablu(2)

Feb 22, 2014
Hi all, after several weeks I could wake up the CM-sources to work with our phone again.

First I tried the CM-sources + Tonys device and vendor tree and added the changes to build(I posted some weeks ago). I used TARGET_CPU_VARIANT := generic in boardconfig. This build stops with the known ffmpeg error.

In the second build I used the patches made by bubor(https://github.com/buborh/android_device_samsung_i927/tree/cm-12.0). @ Wulsiv: Did you see, that he is using your ffmepg patch? Again I used the generic command. Now build finishes, but I`ve got a bootloop. Logcat shows the known /F error in libc.

Third try: I changed TARGET_CPU_VARIANT in boardconfig to tegra 2. Now the rom boots up! I think, the tegra fix made by bubor is the reason! Credits goes to him!
This rom crashes after some seconds, it was too late yesterday to get a logcat. I will post the results in the evening and will upload the build, if you want.
With new hope,
Gucky01
Publish it ;)
But ill have low time to test :$

Reactions: gucky01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the official thread for the Lollipop roms for our Optimus 2x

As to start, this thread is exclusively for the developers who are interessted/working on on the Lollipop ports for our Optimus 2x
    We had alredy some build like the OmniRom , CM12 and even ParanoidAndroid.
    This thread is exclusively for discussions for the developers and for the testers to test the new made roms so I will update the links as the roms get made. So I am only posting here the links of the latest version, to get the versions from the past you wil need to browse throught this thread :D

Update 05/6/2016
    Gucky did it again! New build for CyanogenMod 12.1 is up, and now with fixed camera! When I get the full list of working features and bugs, I will upload it here. Thank you Gucky for your massive help and contribution to this community. This device is very old after all, and you still find the time to tinker on it. No words really. Respect!
    CM12.1 : https://sourceforge.net/projects/lg...cm-12.1-20160531-UNOFFICIAL-p990.zip/download
    WARNING the Rom is still not stable, but we are close!

ParanoidAndroid: https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Puri/p990/AOSPA(lollipop)

Take in mind that all these roms are unstable besides the CM12 rom,but it still has some major bugs which we as a group will fix.
    As in all of this, stay tuned for updates :)
    LOLLIPOP!!!!!

Gucky01 proudly presents:

Lollipop on Optimus 2X

Here the first picture. Rom and instructions will follow soon...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lgoptimus2x/files/P990/Lollipop/Lollipop.jpeg/download
    Good news!:)
    I could build a CM-version with working ril. The sim card is recognized, but the known error message is still there. Will dig tomorrow or on Monday to find out more.
    In the attachment you can see a screenshot after booting.
    what a mess!

Oh my god, perhaps I should retire.
    Just noticed that my both omnirom builds (with Tonys and Wulsics' device tree) have the same big error!
    I used the false vendor tree for newbl and not for bcmdhd.
    I'm very sorry, will see if our Lollipop works better with the correct one.
    Regarding that I can recommend the mmm command, which you can use to rebuild individual files (like mmm frameworks/base).
    That's how I usually did my testing, build a ROM, test it, check the log, try to investigate the errors, implement ideas to fix the issues, rebuild the files with mmm, adb push the files to the device, retest. Then when it works git commit and ship it.

But yes, it's a long and exhausting task that requires a great perseverance and dedication, I know that all too well.
    The good thing is, you don't need to have an amazing godlike android knowledge - it's more about the will to do some time-consuming research.

Edit: and make sure to check out the Captivate Glide CM12 repo, that's a tegra2 phone as well:
    https://github.com/buborh/android_device_samsung_i927/tree/cm-12.0