[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 for S4 Mini [3G|LTE|DUOS]

Search This thread

F4k

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
I had problem too after the upgrade. Didnt know why.

Problem solved or at least I found a workaround, I had to de-energizing my router (power off 1 minute) before I'd switched to Linux Mint from Windows, maybe is a driver issue on kernel module, my adapter uses e1000e driver.

Anyway, I'm compiling as I'm writing this :)

Adam3Sixty

Apr 23, 2011
Exeter
linktr.ee
OnePlus 7T
My wife's having a few issues with the camera only taking 1 photo then crapping out, if u back out of the camera and start it again its does the same.
Anyone got any ideas why or a fix at all? It happens with the stock CM12 camera and Google Camera installed off the Play Store.

Please don't flame me, I know this may be a bug from Official CM12, but seeing as this is the ROM on her phone I am asking here, as the likely answer in the official thread is "no support if using unofficial builds"

adrokon

Feb 26, 2014
That bugs always been there for me in cm11 and cm12.. You just learn to deal with it. Although, it happens more frequently with Google camera than the stock one.

F4k

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
My wife's having a few issues with the camera only taking 1 photo then crapping out, if u back out of the camera and start it again its does the same.
Anyone got any ideas why or a fix at all? It happens with the stock CM12 camera and Google Camera installed off the Play Store.

Please don't flame me, I know this may be a bug from Official CM12, but seeing as this is the ROM on her phone I am asking here, as the likely answer in the official thread is "no support if using unofficial builds"

Try NextCamera by CM, is the camera included on OnePlus One and it works like a charm, search this thread for it.

Reactions: ghuertasw

Waltee

Jul 9, 2014
Not sure if its a CM12 issue or an issue with this ROM itself but since updating to 02/02 from 31/01 (skipped 01/02 as was busy yesterday) whenever I connect to my Bluetooth headphones/headset the ROM freezes up then reboots. Anyone else had this issue or know of a fix?

Flatric

Aug 31, 2013
Not sure if its a CM12 issue or an issue with this ROM itself but since updating to 02/02 from 31/01 (skipped 01/02 as was busy yesterday) whenever I connect to my Bluetooth headphones/headset the ROM freezes up then reboots. Anyone else had this issue or know of a fix?

You are in the wrong thread, you're talking about the offical builds

Waltee

Jul 9, 2014
Perhaps I should also mention that a couple of days before that audio/visual sync has been off as well, anyone else suffered such issues? I ask as I'm not sure if it is a ROM issue or just my phone degrading over time, it has been through the wars so to speak.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

You are in the wrong thread, you're talking about the offical builds

I am? My bad, could have sworn I got it from here?

adrokon

Feb 26, 2014
Perhaps I should also mention that a couple of days before that audio/visual sync has been off as well, anyone else suffered such issues? I ask as I'm not sure if it is a ROM issue or just my phone degrading over time, it has been through the wars so to speak.

Check the changelog.. I've seen a few updates to av, and there's an option to change from or to 'nu player' - I think its in dev options that are unlocked by repeatedly tapping the build info in settings > about device.

Adam3Sixty

Apr 23, 2011
Exeter
linktr.ee
OnePlus 7T
The wife told me about a little bug she found today, I'm slowly getting her to tell me of problems, lol.
Whenever the phone is rebooted it always goes into total silent mode, not just priority as it has been left. She is still getting used to Lollypop and every time it happens I get a tx saying "I've got no signal again" and I have to keep reminding her its the sound, not the lack of signal, lol.
Any help would be great, thank u.

volksieboi

Aug 14, 2009
Cape Town
I've been working hard for the money and havent flashed since the official CM was released

What did i miss?

Thankful to see the work continue here.
Big thanks to @F4k

electrified

Jan 11, 2011
Thanks for the update F4K :)
Could you post some details about the changes with this version?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app

-New boot animation
-new icon for Calendar, Music, AudioFX, Gallery
-new tiles for quick settings (LTE, ADB over net, Compass...)
-Settings - Display - Ambient display: Wake scren when device is picked up or notifications arrive (haven't seen this one in last build)
-Settings - security - Lock screen shortcuts
-Settings - privacy - WhisperPush (manage secure SMS settings) Requires Play store to be installed (play services to be more precise.. so no whisperpush/textsecure for me :/ )
-Home screen - menu button - new icon added: Apps - goes directly into "Settings - Apps"

Don't know if I missed anything, or if posted something that was already availible in previous builds. But this above is all new to me

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

16m96w.jpg

WARNING! Unofficial ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190, GT-I9192 and GT-I9195 variants only!)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Downloads
    CM12.1
    GT-I9190
    GT-I9192
    GT-I9195

CM12
    GT-I9190
    GT-I9195

OpenGAppshttp://opengapps.org/ 5.0.2 and 5.1
    GAPPS 5.1(Minimal Edition)

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up" + "Home" + "Power"

- First time flashing CM12 to your Galaxy S4 Mini (or coming from TouchWiz/Stock Based ROMs)?
    1. Install a Custom Recovery (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard using the Custom Recovery that you've installed (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    6. Optionally install Google Apps
    7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom
    - Upgrading from Official CM10.2/CM11?
    1. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    4. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard using the Custom Recovery that you've installed (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    5. Optionally install Google Apps
    6. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom
    - Upgrading from another build of CM12?
    1. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    2. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard using the Custom Recovery that you've installed (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    3. Optionally install Google Apps
    4. WIPE Dalvik/ART Cache (wipe cache partition + wipe dalvik cache)
    5. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom

Main differences between Official ROM and this one
    • Compiled using -O3 optimizations
    • Compiled using Linaro 4.8.3 toolchain
    • Custom system animations available
    • Screen Recording feature added
    • Posibility to add Weather widget on Lockscreen
    • Custom colors on Lockscreen
    • Date customizations on Statusbar
    • Dotted Circle Battery added
    • Posibility to hide SuperSu icon on Statusbar
    • Traffic Meter on StatusBar
    • Smart Pulldown available
    • Four tiles per Row posibility
    • Wakelock Blocker
    • Customize QS Tiles: option to change icon colors, background colors and text colors.
    • Customize Expanded Header: option to change icon colors, background colors and text colors.
    • Added option to enable Task Manager on Expanded Header.
    • Longclick actions added on Expanded Header options.
    • Lockscreen blur and see through.

What works?
    • GPS
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors
    • Camera
    • Audio
    • FM

Known Issues
    • To be updated...

Changelog only on Gerrit Code Review.

WIKI

Credits
    - Google
    - AICP Team
    - CyanogenMod Team
    - EuphoriaOS Team
    - Slim Team
    - @arco68 thanks to this guy we have a proper support on our devices.
    Well, I'm closing this thread now that CM12 will roll out very soon and 'cause @arco68 should create an Official thread for CM12.

Thanks so much to all you guys, I'll still building private builds for my personal use :)
    Screenshots

Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-04-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-04-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-05-19.png

Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-05-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-06-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-06-11.png
    New builds online!

Merry Christmas to all of you!
    New builds online!

Android 5.0.1

I've added Network Speed Indicator on status bar, an option to enable/disable Battery Percentage and Show Wheater on status bar header.