[ROM] FireKatN4 Deodex V21XxXR/V5 TW Ank4/Anj7 Base: Extreme Speed

Search This thread

faslane

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 7, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
For those of us using roms such as yours there isn't much difference...but for those on stock kit Kat it's a big difference. It's smoother,slightly faster,& has better battery life than kitkat. It also fixes a few bugs that were in kitkat. Once it is released it will also give the cm roms a solid base. It also gives developers a new play toy. Lol

Agreed.

Reactions: pstarkey001

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Issue with app: Alarm Clock Xtreme & Wi-Fi calling problems

Just a follow-up with some important information.

My problem with Wi-Fi calling issues and it kicking me off, suspending the call on the "Dialing . . ." forever, then switching back to Network calls, ect... has been resolved through some extensive measures.

- Factory Reset.

- Started re-installing "some" of my apps thus far.

- App Name: Alarm Clock Xtreme confirmed to be the culprit. Everytime I would install this app, either immediately or soon after, Wi-Fi calling would knock out as described above. Doesn't make sense why an Alarm clock app would react this way other than I did notice in it's "Permissions" list, it has access to things like: Network Connectivity, Wifi... ???

I have done further testing with several versions of mentioned app and it yields the same results everytime. Kills Wi-Fi calling ability on my phone. I couldn't find anything relevant in the app's settings to Wi-Fi or Network access, ect... to toggle and test so I have nixed this app and everything has been well for aprox a full day of testing and continuance of re-adding my desired apps one by one.

No idea if this is a Rom conflict issue or T-Mobile w/ Wi-Fi calling conflict in general but I would advise others IF you likely run into any Wi-Fi calling drops, hangs, kick backs to network, disabling itself as I previously described to check if you have Alarm Clock Xtreme installed.

Here's the PlayStore link to offending app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alarmclock.xtreme.free&hl=en

If anyone desires to test or verify on their end but doesn't really matter as with my setup at least, it screws up Wi-Fi Calling. So wanted to share this information so if any others experience what I've been describing, I found the issue. :good::highfive::cool:

Additional Info: Upon uninstall of said app above, Wi-Fi calling immediately re-engages with Icon re-appearing and test calls going out on Wi-Fi successfully without even requiring a reboot of phone.

Last edited:

faslane

Oct 7, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
Just a follow-up with some important information.

My problem with Wi-Fi calling issues and it kicking me off, suspending the call on the "Dialing . . ." forever, then switching back to Network calls, ect... has been resolved through some extensive measures.

With the hundred of alarm clock apps out there I'd just simply not install or use it, good catch.

Reactions: lazer9

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
With the hundred of alarm clock apps out there I'd just simply not install or use it, good catch.

Totally agree. Just glad I found it out because I was at the point of going Odin to Ank and verifying it wasn't a hardware issue with my phone. :eek:

So wanted to get this info out there in case others run into problems similar. I am 100% convinced this app either doesn't get along with this ROM or more likely ANY T-Mobile phone in regards to Wi-Fi calling issues.

Was a pain going "factory" and I'm still re-installing my desired apps very cautiously.

Another side note in regards to your post. The app Sleep As an Android which provides similar Alarm Clock functionality plus additions does in fact work great and hasn't had any ill effects. Play Store Link to free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.sleep&hl=en

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland

Attachments

• 1423692627279.jpg
    1423692627279.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 326

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
Oh for sure...I still knock samsung and think it's a complete joke they don't have some very basic theme and customization elements natively baked in their firmware...theme in general is a minefield and why I've opted to go the Wanam route vs a hard theme for several years because no 2 people have the same tastes...even though I've been a fan of the TW iterations over the years ever new update I scratched my head thinking...I only paid 4 bucks for nova pro and that does all kinda ish and Wanam is free...I myself rebuild TW in pretty large chunks to a pretty good outcome...so then why is it these well paid world class engineers can't bake in a basic color wheel and a few sys ui theme options in the settings?...and a few basic scaling, grid size, and icon set options for the launcher?? Imo these are the most basic things I would've done first before much else as a manufacturer because performance most people aren't super hung up on vs the way their device looks and how tailored they can make it...just baffling especially going into lollipop which is so over the top in many places...and will have almost no custom mod options...Idk but firepop may be the greatest rom ever but it'll be a struggle to force 5.0 on my note as it stands now...my n4 will stay a fire feline forever lol

Mega

I wish I could have worded it that well! These guys are supposed to be so smart, yet it seems they can't figure out to ask their user base what they'd like to see in their software instead of deciding for everyone. You really shouldn't have to download separate app to change up your theme.

faslane

Oct 7, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
Totally agree. Just glad I found it out because I was at the point of going Odin to Ank and verifying it wasn't a hardware issue with my phone. :eek

Cool, I don't install any of that crap. My stock alarm works fine for me, same with texting apps. I keep it relatively stock regarding apps that are already included in the OS itself...some are good sure, but I run pretty lean and minimally. Easy to get install happy :)

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Ha, ha, I read that as Portland!

I did too!! at first...I'm in WA state and thought, why just "Portlandland"???

Fas

pstarkey001

Aug 11, 2008
I wish I could have worded it that well! These guys are supposed to be so smart, yet it seems they can't figure out to ask their user base what they'd like to see in their software instead of deciding for everyone. You really shouldn't have to download separate app to change up your theme.

That's how they make their money. If you have a phone that you could change everything on you wouldn't get tired of it until something with better hardware comes along which is why they aren't going to make it easy for us to do so.

Reactions: RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
That's how they make their money. If you have a phone that you could change everything on you wouldn't get tired of it until something with better hardware comes along which is why they aren't going to make it easy for us to do so.

That makes sense! Things are changing now, however, there's really not much more that they can do hardware wise IMO. We don't need a higher resolution screen, I don't think four gigs of ram would make much of a difference, and they've got the sensors all covered. I think what Samsung in particular needs is more focus on user experience, a revamp of Touchwiz, better smoothness, speed and battery life. A real commitment via advertising focussed on showing users how to use Android features. Small touches like bezeless design and front facing speakers. And most of all, stop looking at what Apple is doing!

champoi

Jun 5, 2012
Oh for sure...I still knock samsung and think it's a complete joke they don't have some very basic theme and customization elements natively baked in their firmware...theme in general is a minefield and why I've opted to go the Wanam route vs a hard theme for several years because no 2 people have the same tastes...even though I've been a fan of the TW iterations over the years ever new update I scratched my head thinking...I only paid 4 bucks for nova pro and that does all kinda ish and Wanam is free...I myself rebuild TW in pretty large chunks to a pretty good outcome...so then why is it these well paid world class engineers can't bake in a basic color wheel and a few sys ui theme options in the settings?...and a few basic scaling, grid size, and icon set options for the launcher?? Imo these are the most basic things I would've done first before much else as a manufacturer because performance most people aren't super hung up on vs the way their device looks and how tailored they can make it...just baffling especially going into lollipop which is so over the top in many places...and will have almost no custom mod options...Idk but firepop may be the greatest rom ever but it'll be a struggle to force 5.0 on my note as it stands now...my n4 will stay a fire feline forever lol

Mega
I don't want 5.0. I have no interest in it at all. There's functionality removed even more so from what I've read (going to silent mode disables the notification light when the screen is off was the biggest one for me, I know it may seem small but I don't like it) and the theme is okay. I doesn't offend me like it does some peeps here lol but it's not a life or death, need-to-get-it thing.

4.3 was fine for me and I only got 4.4 cause I got the Note 4. Xposed works and I use Nova also so I'm gravy. This ROM is perfect and there isn't really any other features I need or want. Tethering works, long battery life, all my radios work... But that dang lady started talking to me on my calculator! ROFL I guess my workaround didn't work, but it's no biggie. Downloaded another app and don't use stock.

Buy yea, I don't want 5.0. 4.4 is perf. There was a report the other day that iOS 9 might just be security fixes and performance fixes. Which is what 5.0 seems like... Well, also a more walled-garden approach. I think we're getting to the saturation point where there's not too much left to do.

pstarkey001

Aug 11, 2008
That makes sense! Things are changing now, however, there's really not much more that they can do hardware wise IMO. We don't need a higher resolution screen, I don't think four gigs of ram would make much of a difference, and they've got the sensors all covered. I think what Samsung in particular needs is more focus on user experience, a revamp of Touchwiz, better smoothness, speed and battery life. A real commitment via advertising focussed on showing users how to use Android features. Small touches like bezeless design and front facing speakers. And most of all, stop looking at what Apple is doing!

Well...as far as TouchWiz goes...you may not have to worry much longer as Samsung is trying to part ways with android altogether & go to Tizen. Now as far as hardware goes there is little to be done except for making better screens,& installing better processors. Oh...& better batteries would also be nice. Lol

champoi

Jun 5, 2012
I probably would like better optimizations for stock TW. AND stereo speakers on the FRONT. I would love that.

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I think the biggest things I like on lollipop are the lock screen notifications, smart lock, the nicer looking quick settings pull down, flashlight quick setting (yes I use that a lot) and thats off the top of my head.

One thing I miss from TW is using the fingerprint scanner for the lock screen.

Reactions: PlatinumNick

faslane

Oct 7, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
I think the biggest things I like on lollipop are the lock screen notifications, smart lock, the nicer looking quick settings pull down, flashlight quick setting (yes I use that a lot) and thats off the top of my head.

One thing I miss from TW is using the fingerprint scanner for the lock screen.

Never have used fingerprint crap but not in a place I need it either. No kids or anyone playing with device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts