Votes: 57 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
Just i got my i9250 i have isntalled cm12 with pico uni gapps and i will flash another kernel with more settings
Adroid is updating installing app 88 of 88....
so nervous to get lollipop

Last edited:

Zzrman

Jan 27, 2015
www.artmadance.com
Hi everybody,
i just installed the zion 13feb unofficial cm12, it's seem must stable than before...the e-mail app works now without crashing
But the camera with the green line is still here..and waze doesn't really work....
I'll try it tomorrow on the road and post feedback.
Sorry for my english
Thanks a lot

ASHURiCAN

Mar 12, 2011
Hi everybody,
i just installed the zion 13feb unofficial cm12, it's seem must stable than before...the e-mail app works now without crashing
But the camera with the green line is still here..and waze doesn't really work....
Sorry for my english
Thanks a lot
I think we should continue to use our old device without its videomedia side. We should use it as a smartphone without excepting much for video and else... [emoji4] Already happy how nice we can still use it. Poor suffering Galaxy Nexus [emoji1]

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Hi everybody,
Sorry for my english
Thanks a lot
Waze working nice here...

Reactions: Zzrman

zzpianoman

Jun 25, 2008
New York
I think we should continue to use our old device without its videomedia side. We should use it as a smartphone without excepting much for video and else... [emoji4] Already happy how nice we can still use it. Poor suffering Galaxy Nexus [emoji1]

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

The problem with video is a minor one - the only trouble is actually tracking it down within the hundreds of thousands of lines of code. There's absolutely no reason at all why video recording should not work perfectly on our device.

Zzrman

Jan 27, 2015
www.artmadance.com

Thanks for your reply, yes i agree.....i like this old device and really i use it just like a smartphone, it's very rare that i use the camera...
thanks zion, thanks everyone

M

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

The problem with video is a minor one - the only trouble is actually tracking it down within the hundreds of thousands of lines of code. There's absolutely no reason at all why video recording should not work perfectly on our device.
i'll try to use waze tomorrow....
Thanks

Reactions: ASHURiCAN

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
Well guys my oneplus one came in today so my gnex is now retired, however I'll still be willing to test out builds and report findings and all that hood stuff, just not ril related things. It's been a good two years with that little guy! And no, I don't have any invites cuz I got mine off oppomart. Cheers!

Reactions: cujo6801

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
Hey guys, got a Gnex running CM11 right now. Runs like a dog. So slow it's almost unusable. How have people found CM12 in terms of performance under F2FS? Looking to make the switch for my daily driver, but I really need general stability. Offline charging and video recording are non-issues for me at the moment. With the current state of this ROM should I stick to CM11 (maybe do a reset, convert to F2FS) or make the leap to CM12? Cheers :good:

ykom

Nov 19, 2011
Installed 2/13. Smoother and manages well a jump to app from app.

Hey guys, got a Gnex running CM11 right now. Runs like a dog. So slow it's almost unusable. How have people found CM12 in terms of performance under F2FS? Looking to make the switch for my daily driver, but I really need general stability. Offline charging and video recording are non-issues for me at the moment. With the current state of this ROM should I stick to CM11 (maybe do a reset, convert to F2FS) or make the leap to CM12? Cheers :good:

You may want to install unofficial cm12 versions with a backup, and you can always retrograde to cm11 if you see problems.

Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: hemantv

janstetka

Feb 18, 2015
Bugs and development

Hi,

Been following this thread for a while and recently tried a clean flash of 12-20150209

Kernel version is 3.0.101-gca31951-dirty daniel@build-server.com #1 Mon Feb 9 02:29:35 CET 2015

I've read much of what is on the thread. Looks like we could do with a FAQ the amount of times the same questions about updating to TWRP to load minimial google apps. I'll probably go back to kit kat for a working phone but was interesting to test the beta. The maguro is well capable of running lollipop if the developers can sort the bugs.

Bugs I'm experiencing. Charging text on locksreen, youtube and other videos need reboot to work, camera requires reboot - this breaks QR code reader. Everything else works as expected so far.

I've got extensive experience of C++ windows system programming and would be interested in transferring some of that skill to help development of this ROM if I have time and if this would be helpful.

Jan

Last edited:

ADDOriN

Jul 8, 2012
Burgas
www.combatkingz.com

Mate i'm switching b/n CM11 and CM12. With each update CM12 is getting closer to final builds but sometimes i get back to CM11 because the general performance of CM11 is better ATM. Right now i'm CM11+Minimal GAPPS which make the phone faster in general. The same thing i do when i get back to CM12 again with Minimal GAPPS. Almost everything is dont in the beta builds. I've noticed alot of ppl making their own builds with merged code from the CM12 general devices atm and its amazing. Both CM11 and CM12 are great i can stick to both as daily device the question is what do you prefer?

ADDOriN

Jul 8, 2012
Burgas
www.combatkingz.com
CM11 is close to perfect, with stability, speed, CM12 definitely need more dev hours to get there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

Well mate you cant blame anyone can you? We get all of this for free and the developers have their own life behind those projects. I know you say nothing bad abut yeah you understand :p CM11 is perfect tho :D

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it. I found an app that will run fstrim automatically for me, that should hopefully keep things running quick enough till CM12 is ready for prime time :) either way is pretty awesome that our old Gnex lives on!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-10-banner-600.jpg

For instructions about installing or building for maguro, see the CyanogenMod wiki page.

The latest builds are available at http://get.cm/?device=maguro.

Known Issues page for the Galaxy Nexus (GSM) (not updated yet)

Google Apps can be found at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps - beware that if you choose OpenGApps, only the pico version will fit, unless you change your partition sizes!

Want to support development? You can consider donating, I spent countless of hours with this :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    Ziyan, MWisBest, Everyone else who helped me: AOSP, Hashcode, ...
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2014-12-01
    Last Updated 2016-07-20
    After countless unofficial builds and hours spent with this, I am happy to announce that maguro is now considered stable enough to get official CM12.1 nightlies :) moving on to CM13 after I find some time, which will hopefully become a nightly soon as well, since the hard part of the work is now done ;) updated the OP accordingly (the builds in the downloads section will stay up for a couple days, just in case there's a problem we need to compare with an older build).
    Sorry for not being active lately guys, I was busy, as my new semester just started :( but don't worry, I didn't forget my plans for this, I'll release a new build soon :)
    New build up. Changes:
    - reclaimed ~6 megabytes of userspace RAM
    - enabled video stabilization, exposure and whitebalance lock in the camera HAL (our ducati supports these, but it's not advertising it! what a *****...)
    - disabled dex2oat watchdog (this should make the optimizing apps dialog on every boot disappear, and hopefully fixes installing large apps)
    - synced with CM repos (01/01)

I also switched back the default I/O scheduler to BFQ - I hope that the lockups some of you experienced were caused by an older CM bug (they made some BFQ-related platform changes).
    If anyone encounters another one, and wants to switch back, simply change sys.io.scheduler to cfq in /system/build.prop. Alternatively, use your favorite kernel settings app to change to CFQ on boot (but I'd recommend changing build.prop instead - I think Kernel Adiutor has a nice interface for editing it). And remember: if it locks up again, no need to remove the battery: just hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, and the device will turn itself off.

will 13 come :fingers-crossed:
    As soon as I'm satisfied with the results (currently, I'm not - looking at you, memory management).

The folks over at the S3 camp are enjoying a nearly bugfree CM13 with 3.0 kernel. Funny if you look back at codewokx swearing while getting CM9 to work (camera was a pain).
    Facts:
    - they received official KitKat update with proper drivers and stuff, tuna only got 4.3 (Samsung updated their EGL blobs for KitKat, meaning they didn't have to port over to a new kernel like we did, and didn't have to switch to a newer camera and domx hal)
    - there's at least 10 people actively maintaining it over CM
    - their user and developer community is at least 10x bigger

I can't express how hard and time-consuming it is to maintain tuna with only two active developers :(
    Just a heads up, the flashlight toggle has been fixed, but CM's ffmpeg **** broke the domx, so video playback is now gone, I already have the fix composed in my mind (lol), just need to test it... my finals are here, so I'm pretty busy now, but I'll try to fix and upload a new build in the next few days :)