Otterbox-like case?

Search This thread

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
I have a Note 3 with an Otterbox Defender case. Love it. My previous phone had a Ballistic case. I really liked it, but I like the all rubber back of the Otterbox Defenders, gives much better grip and better protection in my opinion.

Is there anything similar for the Nexus 6 right now? I ordered a Foscom Rugged one off Amazon, the outside is a hard plastic and the inner softer shell feels really rigid.

bluh5d

Dec 9, 2010
!Cloud Hack!
The best case for nexus 6 is the ballistic tough max. It's more like an otter box then any case available. Also my otter box that I had for my droid maxx before switching to nexus 6 wasn't rubber on the back? The plastic part clips over the rubber just like ballistic. So I'm confused. But anyways ballistic is way to go on nexus 6.

Reactions: guitardoc64

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
The best case for nexus 6 is the ballistic tough max. It's more like an otter box then any case available. Also my otter box that I had for my droid maxx before switching to nexus 6 wasn't rubber on the back? The plastic part clips over the rubber just like ballistic. So I'm confused. But anyways ballistic is way to go on nexus 6.

Otterbox has several series. Commuter is rubber touching the phone, then a hard plastic shell on the back. The Defender series has the hard plastic touching the phone, then encased in a rubbery shell.

ooofest

Aug 17, 2011
NY
Depends on which kind of Otterbox you mean, really.

I overviewed some two-piece cases (i.e., inner sleeve + outer frame) which have similar characteristics to the bigger Otterbox styles, for example.

The Supcase and Ballistic Max cases mentioned above are also within the same ballpark.

- ooofest

BootlegSnackz

Apr 27, 2008
I just ordered this one
http://www.amazon.com/Protection-i-Blason-Full-body-Protective-Protector/dp/B00OGYP52Y

From what I understand its slightly less bulky than the supcase plus IMO it looks much better than the supcase or the ballistic

I have this case and it works pretty great. Protected from a few drops already, but I did remove the built in screen protector as I can never stand those. Still a great case without the screen protector as it maintains its integrity.

Reactions: guitardoc64

1SiK1500

Jan 20, 2012
Orlando FL
Ive purchased a few of the Supcases off of Amazon and have been blown away with how Nice they are. I wont buy Otterbox anymore because of it.

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
I just ordered this one
http://www.amazon.com/Protection-i-Blason-Full-body-Protective-Protector/dp/B00OGYP52Y

From what I understand its slightly less bulky than the supcase plus IMO it looks much better than the supcase or the ballistic

I really don't like the smooth plastic backs of those types of cases. I do have a Supcase for my IPad. I agree it offers the same or better protection as an otterbox at a fraction of the price. I got the Foscom and it's pretty nice. I also ordered a Ballistic Tough Maxx. I know it's also smooth on the back, but I had one for a different phone and the dimples in it help give it some grip.

guitardoc64

Sep 26, 2007
Lake Charles,LA
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I just ordered this one

I have this case and it works pretty great. Protected from a few drops already, but I did remove the built in screen protector as I can never stand those. Still a great case without the screen protector as it maintains its integrity.

I have this case too. I like it for the most part, but I'm thinking of getting either the Supcase or Ballistic. The recesses in the back add some grip, but i feel the TPU material is harder than it needs to be and will transfer more energy from an impact, and the N6 is a heavy phone...

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
I think the trident aegis is as close to otterbox as you can get, it's a good case. An unseen benefit of the aegis is it sits flat so if you use the phone while its on a table it won't rock like a curved back does.

Drootz!

Oct 29, 2010
Otterbox

Has anyone else tried contacting Otterbox to see if they plan to develop a case for the Nexus 6? They seem to develop cases based on interest, or at least that's what I was told when I called them to ask. So I would advise anyone else interested in an Otterbox to contact them and ask when they plan to release one.

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
Got a Ballistic Tough Maxx today. Realy like the feel. I think it's the best case. Just wish it had a kickstand.

Has anyone else tried contacting Otterbox to see if they plan to develop a case for the Nexus 6? They seem to develop cases based on interest, or at least that's what I was told when I called them to ask. So I would advise anyone else interested in an Otterbox to contact them and ask when they plan to release one.

Don't think they 're going to start making a case because a few people from XDA want it. I'm sure they're looking at sales figures from Google and Motorola to see how many people own one.

Reactions: joshm.1219

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia

They would never make a case for a phone this late in the device's life cycle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have this one too. Really nice. Supcase makes great cases. I also have their regular Unicorn Beetle case with the clear plastic back, and that one is even better than the Pro series cases.
    I just ordered this one

I just ordered this one

Got a Ballistic Tough Maxx today. Realy like the feel. I think it's the best case. Just wish it had a kickstand.

Don't think they 're going to start making a case because a few people from XDA want it. I'm sure they're looking at sales figures from Google and Motorola to see how many people own one.