[APP][ROOT][2.3+] Undeleter - Recover Files & Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

khankk42

Jan 1, 2013
app search for the lost data but when i try to save it app says unlock it when i click on unlock there appears only a small black square then i cant able to save the data plz fix it i m using it on rooted note 2 4.4.2.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
app search for the lost data but when i try to save it app says unlock it when i click on unlock there appears only a small black square then i cant able to save the data plz fix it i m using it on rooted note 2 4.4.2.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi. Lets try and understand. Can you post a screenshot of this small black square? Were about to release an update that will fix other issues, but im not sure ive seen this one yet...

teohhanhui

Jan 26, 2012
Some feedback

Bought the unlock. Didn't ask for refund though the app didn't help in my case.

• I think saving to Google Drive / Dropbox is pretty pointless, as it's just equally likely to be on the same block device. (Unless I've misunderstood something?)
  • If we could stream the recovery through a companion web app that would provide a real solution for those without separate storage (as is the Nexus 5 in my case).
  • I'd also like to view more details of each entry if possible: exact file size in bytes, header info (e.g. MKV)... Things that could help identify the file.

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Bought the unlock. Didn't ask for refund though the app didn't help in my case.

• I think saving to Google Drive / Dropbox is pretty pointless, as it's just equally likely to be on the same block device. (Unless I've misunderstood something?)
  • If we could stream the recovery through a companion web app that would provide a real solution for those without separate storage (as is the Nexus 5 in my case).
  • I'd also like to view more details of each entry if possible: exact file size in bytes, header info (e.g. MKV)... Things that could help identify the file.

Since this is not an exact science, I won't hold myself responsible for refunds. The app scans for files. If the files you want are discovered, you're welcome to recover them, as per the caveats described on Play.

What is block device? Dunno. The scan cache is always located in sectors not used by data exposed through the scan (on all types of volume other than f2fs which has no journaling) so no, upload to cloud is 100% efficient, if that means anything to you. If there aren't enough free sectors for the cache, the app warns you.

Dunno what a comparison web app is. Nor do I care to waste time on anything that requires third party validation of my work. In my experience, consultants can't do, so they teach.

Regarding file info. We already provide a great deal. Certainly enough in mp3/4. Not much to provide in others, i think we do a pretty good job there already. Keep in mind that archives and pure text files do not have any useful info for the end user...

In matroska containers we don't because the header can't always provide the necessary info and most people can recognize the files by their size - which in some cases we can't tell you either for reasons of this not being magic...

Last edited:

teohhanhui

Jan 26, 2012
Since this is not an exact science, I won't hold myself responsible for refunds. The app scans for files. If the files you want are discovered, you're welcome to recover them, as per the caveats described on Play.

What is block device? Dunno. The scan cache is always located in sectors not used by data exposed through the scan (on all types of volume other than f2fs which has no journaling) so no, upload to cloud is 100% efficient, if that means anything to you. If there aren't enough free sectors for the cache, the app warns you.

Dunno what a comparison web app is. Nor do I care to waste time on anything that requires third party validation of my work. In my experience, consultants can't do, so they teach.

Regarding file info. We already provide a great deal. Certainly enough in mp3/4. Not much to provide in others, i think we do a pretty good job there already. Keep in mind that archives and pure text files do not have any useful info for the end user...

In matroska containers we don't because the header can't always provide the necessary info and most people can recognize the files by their size - which in some cases we can't tell you either for reasons of this not being magic...

Sorry if I came across as:
  • asking for a refund - which I'm not; I consciously decided not to get a refund through Google Play because I want to support your development
  • or complaining - which again I'm not; I'm just trying to suggest some enhancements
  • or that I'm trying to teach you how to do things - which again of course I'm not; I'm just an end user in this case, as you can see my concern about restoring to cloud was unwarranted...

p/s I was talking about a web/desktop companion app - something that lets you download the file through local Wi-Fi, for example, because specifically I had a large file to recover and was trying to avoid Internet charges. That's why I ended up corrupting the file by restoring it to the same volume (silly me) :p

Last edited:
Reactions: rootcid

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Sorry if I came across as:
  • asking for a refund - which I'm not; I consciously decided not to get a refund through Google Play because I want to support your development
  • or complaining - which again I'm not; I'm just trying to suggest some enhancements
  • or that I'm trying to teach you how to do things - which again of course I'm not; I'm just an end user in this case, as you can see my concern about restoring to cloud was unwarranted...

p/s I was talking about a web/desktop companion app - something that lets you download the file through local Wi-Fi, for example, because specifically I had a large file to recover and was trying to avoid Internet charges. That's why I ended up corrupting the file by restoring it to the same volume (silly me) :p

Probably not actually. The larger the file the higher the likelihood of the data being fragmented. In some cases the parser will reconstruct the container but some critical data will still be missing. In this case I suggest opening the file with a desktop app.

I see no good reason to make a companion app when we have the upload to drive and Dropbox.

But there's much to do. I have plans in the coming months to greatly expand the apps functionality. Can't say much about it but suffice to say your material support is appreciated.

Reactions: error_problem

error_problem

Jan 26, 2015
Ooh could you give us some hint at least? Is it to bring back the shred functions? I miss those from the original Undelete.

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
No thats not it. The shred will never be back because it caused more problems than it solved. The upcoming features will be about restoring things that have never been restorable before :)

I know our cheaper, lower quality competitor reads all my stuff - the rascal - so i wont startle you with the details.

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Hi guys. Just want to let you all know that at this stage the v3 beta is almost over (we will release a final v3B build within 48h) and all releases in the beta branch will now be v4. Thank you to everyone who helped us debug and translate!

Another thing - ill be changing the apps name to Undeleter Restore Files & Data, so anyone who confused please look in the "My apps" page of Play for the Undeleter icon...

Reactions: khankk42

khankk42

Jan 1, 2013
After recieving update from google play i m getting this error.plz fix it

Sent from my GT-N7100

Attachments

• 1426848656901.jpg
    1426848656901.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app scans and recovers deleted files from SD cards and internal storage.

Undeleter 3 has a new UI and support for all volume types (FAT, EXT, RFS and their derivatives).

Join the community to get beta updates and help:

https://plus.google.com/communities/113775337370180900364

Features:

• Restore any file that has not been written over
    • Works with documents, images, video, music, archives and binaries
    • Save files directly to Dropbox and Google Drive

For free, the app will only restore image files. Buy the key to unlock full functionality - undelete any supported file type, remove ads and allow background scanning.

FILE TYPES:

Journal scanning can discover files with any conceivable extension. Essentially these files are still on your volume with their data in previously allocated sectors. This type of scan is not available in RFS-derived file systems.

Deep scan heuristically scans for and recovers the following types of files: BMP, JPEG/JPG, PNG, MNG, JNG, GIF, MP4, AVI, MKV, MP3, OGG, OGM, WAV, FLAC, AMR, MP4A, PDF, SXD, SXI, SXC, SXW, ODT, ODG, ODS, ODP, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, ZIP, JAR, APK.

This list will be expanded in the future to include other kinds of files.

NOTE: Some files that are discovered after a scan may fail to recover as the data can be corrupted beyond repair, just like desktop based solutions. Similarly, files that are recovered may fail to open or play back due to degeneration. If your files are not working on your device, try to open them in desktop programs, they may be salvageable!

BILLING is used for in app purchase of unlock Key

ACCOUNT PERMISSIONS needed for Google Drive and Dropbox

Download:

Click here to view on Google Play

or

Click here to download latest APK

Screenshots:

UFqZk7UI.jpg
    1tT1NR6O.jpg
    Beta branch 3.4.2.1
    Uploaded 2.4.2015

• No SELinux content modification
    • 64 bit fix for previous noSEL release

Beta branch 3.3.3.8
    Uploaded 15.3.2015

• New multi-select mechanic, feedback please!
    • Improved MP3 scanner
    • Fixes

Release branch 3.3.3.7
    Uploaded 10.3.2015

• Fixes in background scan
    • Fixed issues from user replies
    • Updated translations

Release branch 3.3.3.6
    Uploaded 27.2.2015

• Save file interface is now separate from the share menu
    • Hotfixed bugs from yesterdays user reports

Release branch 3.3.3.5
    Uploaded 26.2.2015

• Updated translations
    • Added Parse analytics
    • Fix for white screen on background scan
    • Fixes from user reports
    Wow, that is an usefull app *_*

I will use it many many times XD
    Added APK direct download link for people without Play Store. Enjoy.
    The version you pmed me now shows internal storage and external storage when I start up (although the other did the second time)

Internal is /data
    External is /mnt/media_rw/ext_sd

Looks like the internal SD card is showing as /data/media/0

Only things I might suggest is a little note to users that expect that to be /sdcard/ to tell them that it can be under data, and also an animation while it's searching for files - the progress bar doesn't feel like it's ever moving and a couple of times I've wondered if the thing had locked up.

The time estimates seem way off - started with an ETA of 2 minutes, progress bar is I guess 1/3rd of the way through and the ETA is 11 minutes.

Other than that looking pretty decent - considering it for an article on Pocketables.com when you get the newest one released, if you're not adverse.