Huawei Honor 6 International Variant - H60-L04

Search This thread

sherazjaved

Aug 21, 2014
b370 link

Can you please post the link to b370 stock Rom?

Here you will find both ota and full ROM link of B370
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57273407&postcount=4

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

On the first page of this thread, a link was given for downloading the beta version of Emotion UI 3.0.

I downloaded the same and tried installing the "update.zip" on my phone using CWM Recovery. I encountered an error while doing so.

Obviously, I'm currently running on UI 2.3. How do I proceed with the installation of Emotion UI 3.0?

First of all u need STOCK RECOVERY.. After that just put the zip file in dload folder in the root of your SD card and go in setting>update>local update, install and u are done.

Reactions: jeshuranpaul

hexcoder

Jan 24, 2015

Attachments

• HL.PNG
    HL.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 718

kamalnath93

May 10, 2013
chennai

IMO thats all fake atleast here in INDIA,cuz they didnt even release the EMUI 3.0 they how come they are on to the LOLLIPOP............its been 6 months from release of HONOR 6 in india and no sign of 3.0 update....... very disgusted............ guys we need to do something in return to them,come on...........i have already posted about this on facebook huawei india page & and their reply was like we are working hard on it,then they said me to check downloads page(india) & the result is WEIRD :eek: :( .................go guys check huawei india downloads page and u will see.......Atleast check for my post in Huawei india facebook page(must be latest)

Last edited:

bamit99

Sep 24, 2009
Bangalore, India, India
Odd indeed! I got to know about the updates through XDA only (Long Live XDA) otherwise I was under the impression that I have the final update for my phone. Even the USB Connection issue is now fixed which was present with my phone on B115.

kamalnath93

May 10, 2013
chennai
Odd indeed! I got to know about the updates through XDA only (Long Live XDA) otherwise I was under the impression that I have the final update for my phone. Even the USB Connection issue is now fixed which was present with my phone on B115.

Yeah......... Can we update from B115 or we should rollback to B109SP01 then upgrade to B70???

matt`

Jan 7, 2012
Could somebody please help me hide the navigation bar? I've tried both the non-root options on page 1.

I have a L04 without root.

Thanks.

ravishekharco

Feb 28, 2013
Bangalore
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6
Could somebody please help me hide the navigation bar? I've tried both the non-root options on page 1.

I have a L04 without root.

Thanks.

If you are on an EMUI 3.0 Rom then goto "Navigation Bar" under settings and enable it. Once done that, you can hide and unhide navigation bar at will. I am afraid the option was not present in 2.3

Sent from my H60-L04 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: vreemdevogel

matt`

Jan 7, 2012
If you are on an EMUI 3.0 Rom then goto "Navigation Bar" under settings and enable it. Once done that, you can hide and unhide navigation bar at will. I am afraid the option was not present in 2.3

Sent from my H60-L04 using XDA Free mobile app

:eek: how did I miss that??

Thank you! Been trying to fix this for days :laugh:

npkganesh

Nov 16, 2013
how to update emui 3.0 for rooted honor 6 L04 ?

how to update emui 3.0 for rooted honor 6 L04?..

Any flashable zip via twrp recovery for emui 3.0 (B80).. Or we need stock recovery to install 3.0 ?.. if need How to go back to stock recovery from twrp?

Please help me with the procedure....

foongwk

Oct 24, 2011
Malaysia
Hi, need help here, I rooted my set L60-04 and I've got an update online which I downloaded but it couldn't be install as everytime when I click install it goes to CWM n i just rebooted it.

Any ways to install this?
Also have read a full Rom from here where version B370 I've also downloaded separately using my laptop. How should I install this as I've heard EMUI 3.0?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA

L0GAN0

Apr 26, 2013
Hi, need help here, I rooted my set L60-04 and I've got an update online which I downloaded but it couldn't be install as everytime when I click install it goes to CWM n i just rebooted it.

Any ways to install this?
Also have read a full Rom from here where version B370 I've also downloaded separately using my laptop. How should I install this as I've heard EMUI 3.0?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA

You need stock recovery to install the update CWM won't work here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread for the Huawei Honor 6 H60-L04, the international variant officially available across Europe and some Asian countries outside China since Oct 2014

20141207T021400.jpeg

Android 6.0 MARSHMALLOW is now out for this device.

There is already a pretty comprehensive thread HUAWEI Honor 6 Review, Unlock Bootloader and ROOT
    but that is for the imported Chinese variants (H60-L01, H60-L02, H60-L11 and H60-L12) which have been out since June '14

FEATURES:

1.7 GHz Octa-Core Processor
    Built-in co processor with ultra-low power consumption and the ability to detect external sensors in standby mode.
    (For waking up the phone with 'OK Google' Moto Xs-style voice commands!)

3 GB RAM & 16 GB ROM
    SD Card Slot with upto 64GB additional storage capacity

12.7CM (5”) Full HD In-Cell screen
    Compact design with a 2.86MM ultra thin frame and a 75.7% screen-to-body ratio.

13 MP Sony BSI Rear Camera.
    Double click on volume down button takes photo when screen is off, in 0.6 seconds, for instant shots.
    Back illuminated 5 MP front camera with 1.4um pixel size, 88° angle of view, and the capability to take panoramic selfies
    Full HD video recording.

3100 mAh battery
    ROG (720p) mode for extended battery life.
    Ultra power saving mode in which a 10% battery charge can be used for an additional 24 hours.

Here is how you can get in touch with Huawei:

In Europe:

In India:

--​
    Honor 6 H60-L04 ROOTING METHOD
    Step by Step (Even newbies can easily follow)

Standard Disclaimer: You are rooting your device on your own risk, responsibility and consequences. I am NOT responsible if your device is bricked, or your house burns down on Step 6 - just kidding.:)

Thanks to @VirusPlus for his Multi-Tool, @warea for invaluable advice.

STEP 1:

NOTE: This method to unlock bootloader does not seem to work anymore. Click the button below and use either of these two methods instead:

*SOLVED*
    For anybody struggling to unlock the Bootloader site, I finally managed to get it working.
    Using incognito mode in chrome I went to the emui homepage, & translated with Google.
    Then selected my phone Honor 6plus PE-TL10.
    On the download page there is a link for unlocking. This took me to the homepage & I selected "log in with Facebook" It asked me to create a nickname, then took me back to the unlock page.
    Here I was able to select smartphone in the first drop down box. The second box kept coming up empty & took a while for the page to load the list of phones.
    However I was able to choose the correct model without trying to edit the page info.
    I used IMEI from sim #1 was instantly given the code in red text at the bottom of the page.
    Just be patient when using teanslate as the page may still be loading. Also don't expect a new page or window to open up with the code. Mine just appeard at the bottom & you could easily miss it.

Remember :-
    *email login doesn't work
    *phone number login doesn't work (Chinese numbers only)
    *use incognito mode or clear cache/history/cookies
    *use Facebook to log register a new account
    *go to the site via the homepage not the link
    *be patient using translate (page loads slow)
    *profit ��

you have to send an email [to mobile@huawei.com] like this:

Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am not able to generate my bootloader unlock code for my Honor 6. Please send me the unlock code for my device:
    Model: H60-L/02/12/04
    SN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Product ID: XXXXXXXX

Thanks for your assistance
    Kind Regards
    Your Name

(use google chrome to translate):
    http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=detail

Choose your model from the drop down list.

Fill in the rest of the fields:

To get your Product SN: Settings> About phone> Status > here you can find the serial number.

To get your IMEI: On your dialpad enter: *#06#

(These two you can also get on the box your phone came in)

To get your Product ID: On your dialpad enter: *#*#1357946#*#*

Now enter the security code and click submit.

Your unlock code will be at the bottom in red. Copy it, write it down or save it.

STEP 2:
    Download, unzip and open the Honor 6 Multi Tool folder.

Extract the file SuperSU.zip from the 'Tools' folder and put it on your phone's SD Card.

Make sure you have the phone drivers installed on your computer (if you have connected thru USB before, or installed the HiSuite, you should be fine)

STEP 3:

On your phone, enable developer mode. (Go to Setting>About Phone>Click on Build Number 8 times.) Then go to settings>Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.

STEP 4:

Power off your phone and now press Volume Down and connect USB to computer (while pressing volume down) to enter Fastboot mode:

L3x0i8hl.jpg

STEP 5:

On your computer, run the Multi-Tool.

sDcl8OXl.png

Choose 1 - Unlock Bootloader. Enter the code you got in step 1 and hit enter. Your device will now be unlocked.

If it says 'waiting for device' then disconnect and reconnect in fastboot mode - volume down then connect USB - the multi-tool should now complete its process.

Now go to Step two in the Multi Tool. - Install CWM. (option 1). This will take a few minutes.

hTaIG2pl.png

Now restart phone - you can boot into CWM by pressing Volume Up+ Power and choose to save a backup of your phone system and data before it is rooted. Might come in handy later. This will take some time.

Mficj24l.jpg

Reboot into fastboot and this time choose root (option 3) on the multi tool.

If your phone is stuck in fastboot at any time don't panic! Press Volume up + Volume Down + Power all at the same time and your phone will reboot.

STEP 6:

You can now boot into CWM on your phone (Volume Up+Power) and go to 'Install Zip from SD Card' option and choose the SuperSU.zip from your SD card and install it. Select reboot. The phone may ask "Root may be lost! Restore root Now?" Select 'No'.

Restart the phone and if you have the SuperSU app on your homescreen you are now rooted. Go to playstore and update SuperSU (if required)

Aaaaaand you're done!!!

HAVE FUN!!!

NOTE: You can always go back to stock recovery by using the Multi tool again. The Multi Tool now includes a stock recovery for the H60-L04 as well.
    Hi everyone.

Today is the day I got my hands on a Honor 6 H60-L04. Today is also the day I tried to port EMUI 3.0 on it, and the day I succeeded. I had to find a workaround and a small trick using stock updater to do so, but it's 100% working as far as I know.

REQUIREMENTS:
    -Unlocked bootloader. Because we'll use fastboot a lot here.
    -A Honor 6 L04.
    -fastboot command installed on your computer. Not going to explain it here, it's pretty easy to find by yourself.

THE METHOD:
    It's pretty easy to understand. I discovered by trying that EMUI 2.3 factory images from L01 worked perfectly on L04, so I thought, why not use this as a base?

-Download EMUI 2.3 images for L01 here: https://mega.co.nz/#!Mk0VhI6K!V2su7wLGl8shiwxROOQnJ-t67S1DPL2vlTWuW3EeBsw
    -Put your L04 in fastboot mode (turn it off, then hold volume down key and connect to computer)
    -Use the following fastboot commands:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot (path to BOOT.img)
    fastboot flash cache (path to CACHE.img)
    fastboot flash cust (path to CUST.img)
    fastboot flash recovery (path to RECOVERY.img)
    fastboot flash userdata (path to USERDATA.img)
    fastboot flash system (path to SYSTEM.img)
    fastboot reboot

Please also remember to disconnect and reconnect your phone to computer between each command. It refused to flash the next command everytime if I didn't disconnect it before.

-Configure your phone so that it's usable. This may not be required, but I did it for safety purposes.

So, now we're going to enter the interesting part: EMUI 3.0 installation.

-Download EMUI 3.0 official update for L01 from Huawei here: http://www.emui.com/nsp/geturl.php?path=H60-L01_EMUI3.0_Android4.4_V100R001CHNC00B307.zip&rid=786
    -Unzip the downloaded file. You'll get a folder called "dload".
    -Plug your phone to computer (MTP mode is preferred) and transfer the dload folder to the root of your INTERNAL memory (not the external SD card).
    -Go to Settings > Update, and choose "Local update"
    -Agree to update your phone. It'll reboot.
    -After a while, your phone will say that update failed. Sad, isn't it?
    -Hit power key to shut it off, then reboot it.

And then you'll see that you are on EMUI 3.0. But it's not over yet. It should be okay by now, but as phone said, update failed. To get on the safe side, we'll make a proper fastboot installation.

-Download EMUI 3.0 images for L01 here: https://mega.co.nz/#!V003WQSA!JmEoL2bMQwVeDRlJJueWBX3haXYzo5aK8XeCUq7XLww
    -Put your L04 in fastboot mode (turn it off, then hold volume down key and connect to computer)
    -Use the following fastboot commands:

Code:
    fastboot flash cache (path to CACHE.img)
    fastboot flash cust (path to CUST.img)
    fastboot flash recovery (path to RECOVERY.img)
    fastboot flash userdata (path to USERDATA.img)
    fastboot flash system (path to SYSTEM.img)
    fastboot reboot

Please also remember to disconnect and reconnect your phone to computer between each command. It refused to flash the next command everytime if I didn't disconnect it before.

Your phone will now be rebooted on EMUI 3.0 fully functionnal. It'll show "H60-L01" in Settings > About, this is 100% normal. It doesn't prevent your device from being 100% functional.

If you experience problems with the icons being ugly, just go to the Themes app and apply stock theme (in the 4th tab of the app). It'll be fixed. You can now flash a custom recovery and install gapps and SuperSU.

EDIT: if you have an Android logo as bootanimation, it means your bootanimation.zip is missing. To fix this, just download ES Explorer from Play Store. Then, copy /cust/channel/cn/media/bootanimation.zip to /system/media/bootanimation.zip and reboot. It'll fix this issue.

EDIT 2: if your internal memory seems to have shrinked, you will have to reformat it in CWM recovery. Go to "Mounts and storage", then "Format /data and /data/share (/sdcard). It'll be fixed.
    IMPORTANT LINKS

NEW: MARSHMALLOW FILES!

1. Update MARSHMALLOW Android 6.0 from B822 to B831 for the H60-L04 courtesy @panamera2011

2. Stock ROMS Latest for H60-L04 is B822

3. Cyanogen Mod ROM for Huawei Honor 6 by Codeworkx

4. Honor 6 Multi Tool by @VirusPlus (For Unlocking and Relocking Bootloader, Rooting, Unrooting, changing Stock Recovery to TWRP recovery and back to stock recovery)

5. Honor 6 H60-L04 B822 Marshmallow Recovery.img

6. Honor 6 H60-L04 B822 Marshmallow BOOT.img

7. Honor 6 H60-L04 B822 Marshmallow FASTBOOT.img

HONOR 6 ACCESSORIES

1. Honor 6 Touchplus Smart Film - Get Hardware Navigation Buttons on your Honor 6 just by installing a new screenguard!

2. Original Honor 6 earphones
    Hide notification bar with out root

Courtesy Abinash Jeevan of ‎Huawei Honor 6 Users India
    FB forum:-
    1. Download "Activity Launcher" from Playstore.
    2. Launch the app after installing.
    Tap on the the words "Recent Activities" right on the top of the screen, and select "All activities"
    3. Scroll down the list to "Settings" and open it.
    Again, scroll until you get to the "Navigation bar"
    4. A nice UI will open in which you can set the option to hide the navigation bar.