[APP][4.2+] Corgi for Feedly - Material Design RSS lock screen

Search This thread

peebeenl

Jan 4, 2008
great app

Off course somethings missing. But overall geest app.

My tips..
selective Feeds
custom overlaY filter
send to pocket
no status bar
volume rocker navigation

Keep up the good work

ggclanlord

Feb 11, 2011
Amazing app, beautifully done.

Only issue I've noticed so far is that, when I unlock screen, initially there is stock lockscreen, and after a couple of seconds Corgi takes over. It might have to do with lack of RAM on my phone since there are almost 300+ user apps installed and only 1gb RAM (obviously majority are Greenified).

Other than that, some features I'd like to suggest (forgive me I haven't read all other posts so there might be some repetition).
I like to keep exact track of how much I've read and how much is unread. Hence, two main suggestions.
1. Option to sort posts based on time. Eg. Oldest first or newest first. Useful for people who read news based on feeds. Helps to know what news came at what time.
2. Option for whether the articles which have been viewed should be marked as read.

Awesome job with the app! Thank you!

LeoMaier

Dec 4, 2014
Outstanding. Literally.

Nicest app both in function and design I have encountered yet. HTC should have designed its Blinkfeed like this. Thanks.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
8.5/10 Perfect! Pretty Dang great app, i enjoy the option to add actual websites (for instance xda). There are sometimes when i decide i want to return back to a article but i end up accidentally unlocking the screen itself. I get quite a few crashes sadly coming from a moto x 2012 on 4.4.4 not sure why, i have cleaned the apps caches a few time to see if that would solve it. I would like to be able to change the Clocks font (or style) since it looks like its uses the stock android Clock, Maybe be able uses another Widgets clock?

Reactions: Stan.Dmitriev

Mega Montana

Jul 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
After using the stock lollipop lockscreen, its such a force of habit to swipe up to unlock rather than swipe left to right and accidentally swiping past an article it feels natural to swipe left to right so if not already planned/mentioned definitely would love to see an option to customize or a default setting for changing the motions to hat. Could add to the + button expanding the article instead of swipe up.

Also articles seem to follow in the exact order of the subscription list, how about randomizing the articles order so you don't have to swipe a whole bunch of times to see articles from the subscriptions that get placed at the bottom of the list.

Last edited:

Stan.Dmitriev

Jun 12, 2014
8.5/10 Perfect! Pretty Dang great app, i enjoy the option to add actual websites (for instance xda). There are sometimes when i decide i want to return back to a article but i end up accidentally unlocking the screen itself. I get quite a few crashes sadly coming from a moto x 2012 on 4.4.4 not sure why, i have cleaned the apps caches a few time to see if that would solve it. I would like to be able to change the Clocks font (or style) since it looks like its uses the stock android Clock, Maybe be able uses another Widgets clock?

Glad you like the app. Concerning the crashes, might be an issue with the KitKat, but we will keep looking in to the crash reports to fix it. Works Smooth on my Moto G but, I have Lollipop. I'm not sure if we can put widgets for now, we need to add basic functionality first. We will continue polishing the app, so let's see what's coming next.

Reactions: Trozzul

ggclanlord

Feb 11, 2011
We can, but it's not on the priority list at the moment, it's also not that simple, since what would you define by the oldest post, there has to be some time frame ;)

First Oldest unread post. Most RSS readers have an option to sort posts by newest first or oldest first. Just like that. Though yes, if all posts including read selected then there might be a problem. If only unread, then can be implemented I guess. Then the issue might be what should Corgi show when all posts are read.

Anyway, that was just my two cents. You're the Dev. You'd obviously know better how to go about it. :thumbup:

Reactions: Stan.Dmitriev

Stan.Dmitriev

Jun 12, 2014
We've just uploaded a new version. Your issue should be fixed. The app is Smooth and doesn't crash ;)

Hi there!

You've piqued my interest for this app so much that I decided to sign up on XDA and post here, even though I've been using it for almost 5 years. Please continue development and make this even more awesome.

A Bug report:

Phone: Oneplus One
ROM: Euphoria ROM by Mahdi (CM12 base)
DPI: 408

I faced a critical bug somehow while running this app.
After I installed the app, everything ran smoothly until this error started showing up every two seconds.

(I looked into this error on the internet and the most common reason seemed to be due to a problem with Contacts. But as this error popped up just minutes after I installed this app, I thought otherwise.)

Whatever I tried, it went in vain. I tried rebooting the phone, clearing the data and cache for this app and all that. Zilch. The issue vanished, though, the second I uninstalled this app. No offense but I think there is a possibility that it might have something to do with your app. If I'm wrong, I'm all ears. I'm not very well versed in anything here.

Things I loved:
  • The animations
  • The way the app opened up a temp browser to display the entire content
  • The clean interface

Things that can be improved:
  • Lock pattern integration (Animation and more options)
  • The ability to show the Navigation bar translucently instead of going immersive. This is frustrating a little as when ever I pull down the status bar, the nav bar comes up as well causing the lockscreen to seemingly stutter to accommodate the change. I hope you get this.
  • The color filter that you superimpose over the article while turning the screen on is nice, but can get rather striking at times. I think it would be better if the colors were a little subdued and if the images had a factor of blurriness in them to make the items like Date and Time on the lockscreen more legible.
  • An option to view the newsfeed as a stream of news articles by swiping up and down.
  • I see that there is a default image that you use for articles that do not have one? I request you to use a nicer one ;) Because I see a busy street somewhere in Asia as the default pic and it isn't doing justice to the good aesthetics of this app :)

Thanks a ton for this app. If some of the issues here and there are ironed out, I don't see why it wouldn't become my daily driver!

GuillermoL

Jul 30, 2015
This is a great app, handy, smooth and minimalistic. I didn't have a Feedly account before, but got settled in with Corgi subscriptions really fast. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Corgi is a one of a kind lock screen replacement. It transforms your standard lock in to a Feedly (RSS) reader. It’s a full app experience right when you turn ON the screen. All of this is made in a beautiful Material Design.

How it works?

Once the phone has started, you’ll see latest headlines from your favorite resources. You are still a single gesture away from unlocking your phone. But if you have a minute or two, Corgi is right here, waiting for you with the latest articles from the web. If you saw an intriguing headline, just swipe up and enjoy the article. Browse more stories by swiping to the left, it is that simple.

Corgi is made for Feedly

To make this all come true, we have partnered with the best news aggregator out there. Feedly is fast, reliable. But most importantly, thanks to the Feedly v3 Engine, it let’s you get news from anywhere. Starting with big news resources as The Verge, TechCrunch, XDA-Developers going to more local ones like Boston Business News. Allowing you to read the news, you actually care of. Note: if you are already using Feedly, you don't need to subscribe again.

attachment.php

Why Corgi?
    If a dog is men best friend. Then corgi is the most adorable friend. We want to bring that positive mood right to your lock screen. :D

Screenshots
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Download Link

Play Store Link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swipe.android

Latest .APK version 0.10.10 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3319030&stc=1&d=1431947060

Older Versions - 0.10.5 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3225247&stc=1&d=1427126507
    0.10.3 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3203211&stc=1&d=1425976558
    0.10.1 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3193984&stc=1&d=1425976558

Note!

This is a preview of the application. It is still missing many of the options in settings as well as on screen notifications. Please tell us what you think of the idea and design of this app. Please share your issues so we can fix them ASAP!

Changelog

- Fixed Alarm and Call overlapping
    - Fixed memory leaks
    - Won't crash any more
    - Added Notification support
    i like the icon and ui

i have not time to read all my fav sources. but with corgi it's easy. i enjoy my fave cartoons and pictures from 9gag and 500x

simply beauty keep it up! :good:
    nice app!

flat design, fast and nice.
    Looks beautiful, will give it a try! :)
    Lock is awesome! I realy liked.
    Notice: I have samsung s3. Alarm under lock screen and I need to make an unlock. Pls fix it. Thank you!!

That's is strange, it's related to the fact that Samsung has it's own alarm, it is not that easy to tract that event. But we will do our best to solve this.