[MOD][Xposed] XQuietHours v 2.0 (Updated)

Search This thread

adlx.xda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
Are there any apps out there that do this for specific apps? I would love to silence just email and gmail apps overnight, but not others. I guess I just want calls and texts to ring.

I have a quiet mode on my LG G3 but I don't want to actually miss something important while I'm sleeping.

Great work here though, bravo.
I believe that's the whole idea of Priority notification, you get to choose what app are considered priority and which not. But Lollipop removed the silent mode! So now it's forced to at least vibrate, which sucks.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

adlx.xda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
I'd like something like this, but the reason I don't use Gravity Box's and from the looks of this one too, it doesn't appear to have a setting to allow "starred" contacts or a certain group of contacts to bypass the silent mode, even after so many tried or anything. I wouldn't mind being woken up in the middle of the night if something serious happened. Family and close friends would get a hold of me for that and I'd like to keep that option open.
Damn, you're right! I was exited about this module, but you just gave me a reason to rethink about it... ?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Nexus 5 on Android 5.0.1 cataclysm rom. I setup xquitehours with the latest update version. I still get vibration during the quite hours selected. I thought it was supposed to default to silent mode?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dCode16

dCode16

Apr 5, 2010
Munich, Germany
Nexus 5 on Android 5.0.1 cataclysm rom. I setup xquitehours with the latest update version. I still get vibration during the quite hours selected. I thought it was supposed to default to silent mode?

"No vibe" should be ON.
I could not reproduce the issue.

Phone calls are not silenced.

Last edited:

dCode16

Apr 5, 2010
Munich, Germany
Reactions: FuMMoD

dCode16

Apr 5, 2010
Munich, Germany
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B25U42vL3cnkTE0wMzlLSzl6UkU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Forgot xposed had logs. Was trying to get it in a logcat tonight.

Well the method was hooked properly. I have no idea why its not working :(
Gravity box I reckon already has this feature. Maybe you want to try it . If not try disabling GravityBox and check.
I will put in more logs in the next release so that we can better debug this kind of issues.

Reactions: FuMMoD

saepak

May 5, 2009
Will this work on a lollipop sense rom? I really hate the way interruptions doesn't work.

EDIT: I tested it. It will not, plus it is not got the features I was hoping for. Thanks though for building the app.

Last edited:

clickjack

Oct 6, 2011
OnePlus One
Asus Zenfone Max M2
Issues with Lollipop CM12 nightly. The phone still rings :(
Whatsapp and mesages however are silenced.
Have attached the log file of xposed. Let me know if you need any extra information. :)

Attachments

• xposed_log.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hate the Priority interruptions in Lollipop. So decided to port my old XQuietHours Xposed module over from Kitkat to Lollipop.

NOTE: Please un-install the previous version before installing the new one as I lost my certs and had to generate new ones.

UPDATE:
    Lollipop Support
    Selection of an Additional Quiet hour
    Simplified the GUI
    Days of week name is picked up based on Locale

Background
    The QuietHours feature of CyanogenMod ROMs is very handy and a must have for me. However, when I moved over to Paranoid Android 4.4/4.5, I missed this feature heavily. So I developed a simple xposed module to bring it back.
    This application was developed for personal use and hence has been tested only on a Nexus 5 with Paranoid Android 4.5 BETA 2. Though, I see no reason why it would not work on KitKat based AOSP ROMs.
    I would not install this with GravityBox as it already supports this functionality, nor would I install this on CyanogenMod based ROMs for the same reason.

Tested On
    Nexus 5 Paranoid Android 4.5 BETA 2.

Installation
    • Download and install Xposed framework
    • Install XQuietHours module and activate it (download from attachment)
    • Reboot
    • Open the XQuietHours app and set time range and notification options

Changelog
    v1 : Initial implementation
    v1.1 : Added selection of day of weeks.
    v2.0 : Lollipop Support + Additional Quiet hour settings

Screentshots v2.0
    See Attachments

Credits
    I have made this application by referring to the following work.
    • rovo89 for Xposed Framework
    • CyanogenMod
    • GravityBox Kitkat (C3C076@xda)
    • WhatsAppQuietHours (pbosio@xda)

Source
    You can find the source here

Cheers :good:
    Added lollipop support !
    NOTE: Please un-install previous version before installing the new one.
    Thanks for this module OP. I received over 500 WhatsApp messages and a bunch of BBM messages last night and this finally forced me to look into a Quiet Hours module. I installed yours and set it up. Installed Whataspp quiet hours too.

Just wonder if you would be able to add an option that will add a separate option for the Phone ringer. I'd like to be able to mute all notifications except phone calls. I remember this being implemented in AOKP builds and it's even in TouchWiz now in the Blocking Mode app.

It helps with emergency situations in case someone needs to get a hold of you.

Thanks again@

Phone calls are let through. This app does not silence them.
    I am looking into silencing calls .. also have some exceptions like let through calls from favorite contacts.
    You should make it so you can add different time frames. (I.e. 4-5pm then 9-11pm)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app