Tmobile Nexus 6 News..

Search This thread

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
Any ideas how it will work? Will it be an app compatible with any custom rom or will it be something rom builders will need to go integrate?

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
It's great news for those who do use it. Personally I don't so yeah... I got one of those routers from T-Mo that is supposed to be used for Wi-Fi calling and have never used it for that. Otherwise it was a free $150-$200 router that works awesome!
Same here.... Amazing router

8Fishes

Feb 14, 2012
It's great news for those who do use it. Personally I don't so yeah... I got one of those routers from T-Mo that is supposed to be used for Wi-Fi calling and have never used it for that. Otherwise it was a free $150-$200 router that works awesome!

Same here.... Amazing router

But you have to return the router after you terminate services or they will bill you for 100 dollars.
Something to keep in mind, and it will still be 100 dollars a year from now. Or two. Or three.. in three the router is definitely going to be less than 100 dollars market value.

Illrigger

Sep 8, 2007
Its a POS that won't run openwrt.
I had a dual band router with openwrt, and when the 2.4GHz hardware died (which happened far earlier than it should have, probably due to WRT overdriving the radio), and replaced it with a Netgear N900, expecting to get a wired router with WRT and run it as a WAP. Turns out there was not a single feature I used in WRT that was missing in the stock firmware, and the thing was rock solid as far as stability goes. I replaced the Netgear with the ASUS one from T-Mo (actually turned it into a WAP for better basement coverage) and it has even MORE features out of the box, like more powerful QOS support. Openwrt/DD-WRT/Tomato are nice, but they are far more than the vast majority of people need - even power users like me. I'm not using my CCNA skills to do stuff like routing multiple subnets here at home, and if I did, I would grab a used Cisco 861 and run the ASUS as a WAP behind it rather than messing with WRT.

doitright

Oct 31, 2014
I had a dual band router with openwrt, and when the 2.4GHz hardware died (which happened far earlier than it should have, probably due to WRT overdriving the radio), and replaced it with a Netgear N900, expecting to get a wired router with WRT and run it as a WAP. Turns out there was not a single feature I used in WRT that was missing in the stock firmware, and the thing was rock solid as far as stability goes. I replaced the Netgear with the ASUS one from T-Mo (actually turned it into a WAP for better basement coverage) and it has even MORE features out of the box, like more powerful QOS support. Openwrt/DD-WRT/Tomato are nice, but they are far more than the vast majority of people need - even power users like me. I'm not using my CCNA skills to do stuff like routing multiple subnets here at home, and if I did, I would grab a used Cisco 861 and run the ASUS as a WAP behind it rather than messing with WRT.
Because obviously every hack on the internet is CCNA.
Right kid.

You obviously wrote this all up to try to defend yourself, but not working.
Instead, you have a spyware infested piece of unstable junk.

Have fun with it.

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
Right kid.

Have fun with it.

Dude, why so hostile? Did tmo and/or asus personally offend you at some point in your life?

I've been using the tmo/asus router for a month now and it works great. Not everybody needs high level, supertech setups. Some people just want a wifi signal that works well...

doitright

Oct 31, 2014
Well for the rest of us that have a life beyond hacking a router, for no reason, it works just fine. Plug it in and connect. Its free 5 gigggaahertz

Plug it in and they get to snoop on all your communications.

Also, its quite clear that your opinion of openwrt has been severely tainted by... probably a complete moron. Plug it in, and it works better than fine.

Illrigger

Sep 8, 2007
Right kid.

Have fun with it.
I have been an enterprise SysAdmin for 15 years. I have been working with network equipment (the enterprise Cisco stuff, not your wannabe WRT crap) for over 10. I am neither a kid, nor a hack, thanks.

What's your network background that gives your opinion on WRT so valid, and what features make it so special? Because like I said, I have used it and there was nothing in it that made me miss it when I stopped.

Reactions: drksilenc

ldsurftech

Apr 19, 2010
Gilroy
I have been an enterprise SysAdmin for 15 years. I have been working with network equipment (the enterprise Cisco stuff, not your wannabe WRT crap) for over 10. I am neither a kid, nor a hack, thanks.

What's your network background that gives your opinion on WRT so valid, and what features make it so special? Because like I said, I have used it and there was nothing in it that made me miss it when I stopped.
I second you on the wrt stuff. Yes while it is nice it is not necessary for home use at all. Especially since the Asus-68u / TMO-1900 AC (same router/WAP etc.) has it built in for the most part and actually works better than WRT crap-ware as I determine it. I to would get a used Cisco or aerohive or enterprise level hardware over any home-based consumer router for security and other things that just are not available. But that is not this subject I have the TMO-1900AC and Asus-68u at home I use the TMO as WAP and Asus as primary this works very well for wifi calling etc. I believe wifi calling will be built in to the phone on update not a wannabe app like sprint.

Reactions: drksilenc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the OTA link!

Hey guys, I just reverted back to stock and immediately got the OTA to 5.1.1. The file size is ~126MB.

Heres the link: https://android.googleapis.com/pack...Z28E-from-LMY47M-fullradio-fix-superblock.zip
    So it looks as wifi calling should go out to tmobiles nexus 6 by the end of the first quarter.. and volte for the nexus 6 and tmobile is nearly done with testing http://www.tmonews.com/2015/02/wi-fi-calling-coming-to-nexus-6-by-the-end-of-q1/
    This will be a horrible experience with T-Mobile & Sprint - The two networks that make up Google Fi.

My choice is to go 1/2 miles from my home to be able to make or receive calls using the T-Mobil network so I don't drop calls or to have non-stop issues and aggravation using the CellSpot Asus TM-AC1900 router which I received from T-Mobil (replaced once already) and the Galaxy Note 4 which has unresolved issues which Tier 2 support finally told was confirmed by Samsung, no clue as to when there might be a fix.

They would have upgraded me to the Nexus 6 except that WiFi calling isn't working with the Nexus 6 and there was no date for the fix. I was provided with an LG G3 that also did not provide WiFi calling and was returned within 2 weeks.

I require WiFi calling for my phone from my home in Orange County, California 92782 and I'm sure there are many thousands of people that require trouble free calls .

I am not alone in believing that the advertising of WiFi calling is false advertising when it doesn't work reliably.

Google requiring a dysfunctional Nexus 4 to be used on the two networks that provide the worst customer support dooms Google Fi to failure.
    OK, your experience is not that of thousands of others, plus your WiFi calling complaints are about T-Mobile not Project Fi. I've had fairly good customer service from sprint in the past, and while I think T-Mobile has some shipping issues, their customer service has been fairly good to me.

One story a trend does not make.

Edit: I suck at typing.
    You do not know what you are talking about. All calls now use LTE when available. Nexus 6 does VoLTE. VoLTE = calls made OVER LTE....which the Nexus DOES. All my calls have been using LTE. Please do not say things you have no knowledge about.
    Was this a failure to quote the right post or failure to read?

Let me try to explain again just in case.

"All call now use LTE when available."
    Available means 1) Your phone has VoLTE enabled. 2) You are in a LTE market with LTE signal. These we agree on I'm pretty sure.

"Nexus 6 does VoLTE"
    Yes if it is enabled and running 5.1 with one of the new radios sure does. Once again we agree.

"VoLTE = calls made OVER LTE"
    Well that's 3 for 3, correct again sir. Again we agree.

"Please do not say things you have no knowledge about."
    Since nothing I said is different then what you said, either we both know what we are talking about, or neither of us do. And I am fairly certain I know what I'm talking about so......
    New to T-Mobile-was on unlimited with VZW for many years. Ordered the 64gb N6 since they did not have any in stock. Unlocked the bootloader and rooted it the day after I activated it. Don't miss VZW a bit.

VZW has been after my unlimited plan for a year or more. Well, now they have it.....

Coverage is not as good on T-Mo but the unlimited plans are cheaper and I was able to enroll everyone in an unlimited plan and save $70/month. Loving T-mobile...:)