[ROM][STOCK][BUMP'd] LG D850 20F Lollipop 5.0.1 (+ extras)

Search This thread

omaralkha99

Sep 17, 2014
Toledo
Of all the weeks for my PC to go t*ts up on me. I tried to do the flashable several times, both as dirty flash and as clean, and each time after installing the 3 files, wiping Dalvik one last time, and rebooting, I get the LG logo briefly before it takes me to a black screen with the "fastboot mode started" message. Thank God I can get back into recovery. Gonna have to try to figure this thing out. Ahh the joys of warranty-voiding!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I cant deal with the att bloat ware **** anymore, every time i remove them i accidentally remove an important file, which causes things to crash, etc. This is my third time flashing this rom today, can someone please make a debloated version of this rom or include a list of safe things to debloat?

Reactions: 12:121390

plguzman

Sep 24, 2008
Caracas
So far so good. Only problem was with Xposed and Stock Weather. I don't use Smart Cover.

Obviously Titanium is VERY necessary for removing all the ATT bloatware.

omaralkha99

Sep 17, 2014
Toledo
Also anyone having troubles with titanium backup and es file explorer(or any other app related) I get error saying system cant read this, or something like that.

djmasters

Jun 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Asking before I waste my time.... Was trying CM12 for a while, it worked OK but had a couple of show-stoppers for me and since CM isn't accepting CM12 "it never worked right bugs" at this time I dropped back to PA 4.4.4.

1. AVRCP would fail to reconnect properly on CM12. Initial connection would be OK, but if I stopped for gas (as an example) when BT reconnected I may or may not have had sound, and if I did it was coming from the phone instead of the car. FC of Bluetooth Share would resolve this. Ended up doing a Llama script to FC Bluetooth Share when BT disconnected, ghetto but it worked.

2. I could not connect to my GoPro Hero3+ via wifi, would get hung at "connecting". Phone wifi connected to everything else, no problems. Likewise, I could connect to the GoPro with anything else.

Soooo, how's the stock ROM doing on these two things??

Last edited:

sandro100

Mar 7, 2011
falls church
Force close it and clear app data. In app drawer drag the icon like you putting it on home screen and drag to app info. Then drop. It will open up the info. Hit force close and OK it. Then clear app data and OK it. Reopen play store and accept terms. Retry install.
If on stock you may have to go into settings>apps>play store then do the stuff mentioned.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Rebooted my phone, working now! Thanks for helping

ski21

Apr 25, 2009

gpgon

Feb 14, 2011
Not quite, I'm at 12% ATM and it's only 10p.m. my time. About to pop in my spare battery and put this one in the charging cradle. 23 hours, half of which I was not using my phone

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

ski21

Apr 25, 2009
How heavy do you use your phone. Trying to get a good idea on battery life. So far I tried Illusion rom, and love the rom, but my battery seems to drain quick once I start using the phone.

Not quite, I'm at 12% ATM and it's only 10p.m. my time. About to pop in my spare battery and put this one in the charging cradle. 23 hours, half of which I was not using my phone

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

ElBeaner

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas
Just wanted to say thank you for this. Worked perfectly, and I didn't need to restore anything. Just had to install the new xposed and it all worked perfectly

4ndroid99

Apr 6, 2014
New York
Just installed this, very impressed with LG's efforts. Everything is noticeably smoother compared to KitKat, probably due to Lollipop itself. In any case, it's good to be on stock again for the camera and stability.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock LG D850 20F Lollipop 5.0.1
    This thread is based on my original post found in the AT&T G3 Lounge Thread..

What's new is I've just packed 20F into a flashable zip for those with TWRP already installed. It's not much.. but I know many would prefer not to use ADB or terminal.

What's this thread have to offer?
    Flashable/BUMP'd D850 20F "rom" (system/boot)
    Flashable D850 20F modem
    Stock D850 20F partition images
    Patched/BUMP'd D850 20F boot.img
    Manual directions for installing TWRP if already on 20F
    Manual directions for installing 20F if flashable zips aren't your thing
    The above mentioned can all be downloaded HERE ON CODEFIRE

Flashable "rom" directions:
    1. Put D850_20F_Lollipop_Stock.zip and D850_20F_2.0.1.c1.13-00050_Modem.zip on sdcard
    --For root: Also grab the SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE
    2. Boot into TWRP
    3. Hit install button and select each zip file you need
    4. Swipe to flash... done. Rom flash will take a bit.. be patient.
    5. Reboot phone when rom, modem, root is flashed. First Lollipop boot may take up to 5 minutes.

In some cases you may need to wipe cache/dalvik/data(factory reset) in TWRP if the phone gets stuck on boot animation or if things just aren't acting right. To avoid data loss be sure to use something like Helium or Titanium Backup prior to upgrading to Lollipop. TWRP backups/Nandroids don't hurt either.

Having issues with internal sdcard permissions afterwards? Having issues with downloads not saving? You may need to fix your sdcard permissions. In terminal emulator or adb shell enter:
    Code:
    su
    restorecon -FR /data/media/0/
    Some have mentioned external sdcard issues.. not sure if anyone has way to fix that? Maybe same command as above only pointing to ext-sd?

MD5:
    85460a3ce5d0259477d2f03c64e867e9 D850_20F_Lollipop_Stock.zip
    df2564aa824b35dbaf8bd886b5210b4a D850_20F_2.0.1.c1.13-00050_Modem.zip

Below I am including my original directions for manually flashing Lollipop.. whether completely stock and already on 20F... or already rooted/BUMP'd/TWRP'd.

You do not need to pay attention to any of this below if you are just flashing the rom above... these are the original manual directions only. #learn2read

If you want TWRP just downgrade aboot.img and laf.img to KK.. then BUMP'd TWRP will work. Must be rooted to be able to flash TWRP obviously. If not already rooted -- Root with THIS METHOD HERE or use THIS ONE-CLICK METHOD if typing an ADB command scares you.

If rooted and on stock 20F Lollipop follow #1
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd on KitKat (or using AOSP) and want to manually update to rooted stock 20F follow #2

Download D850 TWRP HERE and rename to twrp.img. download stock KK aboot and laf images HERE. Stick all 3 on root of internal sdcard. You'll also have to flash a patched stock 20F boot.img so that the Lollipop system still boots when using the downgraded aboot.img/laf.img. You can download the patched boot.img HERE. Stick it in the root of your internal sdcard.
    Now issue the following commands with ADB shell. If using terminal app on phone do not use the "adb shell" command:
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    md5 /sdcard/aboot.img (confirm md5 = 348064a6d4f8d5b7d3eeec79d86de5bd before proceeding)
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot[/SIZE]
    You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom. You are now rooted, BUMP'd and TWRP'd on Lollipop!

If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd and you want to upgrade manually to 20F Lollipop... download the patched boot.img HERE and stick it on the root of your internal sdcard.. along with the 20F modem.img and system.img. (@timmytim[/MENTION] shared system.img in the lounge thread HERE so be sure to thank him)

You may or may not have to "factory reset" in TWRP. YMMV.
    [If flashing system.img you must be in TWRP, not the rom, while issuing these commands]
    [May need the "Koush Universal ADB" drivers to get ADB goin' in TWRP]
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system[/SIZE]

If flashing 20F system via this method you will also need to root since the system.img is stock. Download SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE and flash the zip in TWRP AFTER flashing the system.img. You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom. You are rooted, BUMP'd and TWRP'd on Lollipop.
    Sweet first in second in ;)

you can still be first! feel free to remove netomel's first post (post #2) since he's gone and posted it yet again in post #4 as well.
    ;) :p :good:

I used the method 1 since I am already on lollipop rooted. Is this method bumped o mean the bootloader is unlocked?
    Following method #1 downgrades your bootloader so that BUMP works. If you did method one(#1)... you are BUMP'd/TWRP'd...

BUMP = G3 unlocked bootloader method.

Any kernel's (and roms with new kernels) flashed thru TWRP on your phone will need to be BUMP'd from here on out unless you go back to 100% stock.. including proper bootloader. Most custom zips should already be pre-BUMP'd so that should not ever be a worry.

Anything that needs to be discussed further about BUMP or unlock does not belong here.

Testing now, wish me luck!

Good luck! I don't have a D850 so wasn't able to test :rolleyes: :fingers-crossed:

100% stock system.
    no specified odex/deodex = odex

If I flash this on a stock backup will I still be able to restore stock 4.4 or my cm 12 ROM.just don't want to loose them.
    noob question. I am rooted kk can I just flash the Rom, modem and su..and I'll be good ? Thank you for bringing us this.

Yes to both of the above questions. @jaybird38 to make restoring 4.4/aosp nandroids effortless.. be sure to backup the modem as well. you may or may not need to reflash KK modem when using 4.4 roms. @louvass yes, that's exactly what the flashable zips are for.

if im already on 5.0.2 illusion rom or any other 5.0.2 rom can't i just flash the rom and modem?
    yes that's exactly what the directions say... flash rom zip, modem zip and supersu zip.

Hi my play store won't download anything, just stays stuck on downloading any help please:(
    this can sometimes be fixed by running the following commands in terminal emulator or adb shell:
    Code:
    su
    restorecon -FR /data/media/0

and perhaps a reboot after.
    @autoprime can you share the md5 of the rom zip and modem zip it continues to fail in twrp for me i just want to make sure I have a good copy
    Can't get pass boot logo after 2 flashes. Can someone post the MD5 for the ROM? I feel the download was complete. Coming from Illusion AOSP ROM.

85460a3ce5d0259477d2f03c64e867e9 D850_20F_Lollipop_Stock.zip
    df2564aa824b35dbaf8bd886b5210b4a D850_20F_2.0.1.c1.13-00050_Modem.zip

In teh future I may reply to people using this post rather than making a new post just to say "yes" or something...
    Right on nice job ???

Running On New Deadly Venom Note 4 v1.0