[ROM][N6][6.0.1_r62][MTC20F] Chroma 08/02/2016 | Substratum Support

Search This thread

bigant262

May 12, 2009

Oh wow, that's huge.

Thanks for the heads up, shamu's are dropping like flies over there. Go check it out guys. MUST READ.

Its weird, I did that and I haven't had any issues. I went back to stock 5.0.1 using the factory image then I went to 5.1 using the OTA zip then I went back to stock 5.0.1 using the factory image again and now I'm back on Chroma. I wonder if those people used the factory image of 5.1? I asked in another thread, waiting to hear a response.

derekr44

Mar 13, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Here's a little sneak peek, it's not a final build. It is a barebones AOSP build with just templates for Chroma related options. There are some features on it but not too many, I forget which ones. FULL WIPE NEEDED

Download:
5.1 Bootloader + Radio: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934540313
Chroma 03/13 PREVIEW FOR 5.1.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934541138
GApps: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=27488 (Use PA GApps for now, banks gapps are not fully done. banks gapps will FC on setup wizard)
SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

THIS IS NOT A FINAL RELEASE, NO BUG REPORTS. NO FEATURE REQUESTS.
BAREBONES AOSP + CHROMA MENU template + some other features

I'll have a little something more complete later today or tomorrow, hopefully. When that build comes out, you can dirty flash on top of this build.

Last edited:

clothednblack

Apr 27, 2011
Crescent city california
For the people with 5.1 factory image who are going to unlock the boot loader, make sure OEM Unlocking is enabled in developer settings or else you will be stuck in bootloop

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app
Indeed, I got a buddy that forgot to check that box and is now waiting for a replacement device, fastboot and sideloading won't fix the issue, he's tried everything suggested, bootloop heaven for his N6.

Check that box peeps!

Reactions: dadymon53

symple

Jan 27, 2010
an island in the SUN
Here's a little sneak peek, it's not a final build. It is a barebones AOSP build with just templates for Chroma related options. There are some features on it but not too many, I forget which ones. FULL WIPE NEEDED

I'll have a little something more complete later today or tomorrow, hopefully. When that build comes out, you can dirty flash on top of this build.

I can't wait...will flash in a few....doing everything through twrp.....

Thanx @zephiK

. . . uploaded from a hand-held Killer WHALE

Last edited:

jrun

Jun 17, 2010
Denver
Will there be a version we can dirty flash over chroma 5.0x or will a full wipe be necessary for going to any 5.1 version?

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
I flashed the bootloader and radio yesterday and data for me sucked on the new radio so I flashed back the old radio I should still have the boot loader right so no need to flash it or do I have to flash over? Thanks.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I flashed the bootloader and radio yesterday and data for me sucked on the new radio so I flashed back the old radio I should still have the boot loader right so no need to flash it or do I have to flash over? Thanks.
You'll still have the old bootloader, you should really try the new radio again on a 5.1 ROM. The 5.1 radio is best suited for the 5.1 ROM.

Will there be a version we can dirty flash over chroma 5.0x or will a full wipe be necessary for going to any 5.1 version?

Full wipe is required, it might work on old 5.0.2, it might not. ROM is on a new base.

The purpose of that zip is for people who want to use 5.1, it doesn't have all the Chroma goodies you're accustomed to. It'll come as time passes by. I already have a newer local build that isn't ready for prime time, it has a lot of features. I'll probably put that out maybe later today or tomorrow, whenever I feel that it is stable enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: badpanda and DanRyb

stevepick2

Feb 23, 2015
Overland Park

Haven't been able to get it to fully boot restarts after optimizing apps.

Gapps fail when trying to flash

Says:
PA GApps can ONLY be installed on top of an existing installation of PA GApps. You must wipe (format) your system partition BEFORE installing any PA GApps package.

Edit________
Got gapps to flash. You have to wipe system not just data

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts