[ROM][HAMMERHEAD][Marshmallow 6.0.1]Cataclysm for Nexus 5[Jan 05 - Stable]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zizibuba

May 21, 2010
Novi Sad
Yes, until now I have seen it only on the N6 threads, but not on the N5. Not happening here.

Did you flash the ambient display mod provided in the thread?
Do you use adaptive brightness?
It happened just one time on gps 6.7.76 but I just forgot about it. Now it happened again on 7.0.96, I have no mods and adaptive brightness is on.

Here it goes again, running almost all the time now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gawain.j

Aug 11, 2010
I'm trying to add some xposed pearls on Cataclysm just for this reason, like custom dpi/locale/tablet mode.
Hi Atl4ntis and thanks a lot for your awsome work! Are you still working on custom dpi and tablet mode? I'd realy love to see these features back in Cataclysm, it may be the only thing I miss from XPosed.

And, btw, if I can be of any help trying these features I'd love to help!

zizibuba

May 21, 2010
Novi Sad
It seems that sensor_ind stopped when I turned adaptive brightness off and on. Two days ago I flashed gps 7.0.97(1791429-438), that should be the one for N5, but i t seems it triggered the problem.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
It seems that sensor_ind stopped when I turned adaptive brightness off and on. Two days ago I flashed gps 7.0.97(1791429-438), that should be the one for N5, but i t seems it triggered the problem.

I just got updated from 438 to 430 and trusted places now works. From 6.x to 7.0.97

Does the update to March 16 change gps?

AstroBoy89

Oct 16, 2012
Mansfield, TX
OnePlus 8T

I haven't encountered any freezes. I do get a lag every now and then, but it last milliseconds and just jerks the scrolling a little, but doesn't freeze the browser. It still needs work, but it's much better than before :D

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

I just got updated from 438 to 430 and trusted places now works. From 6.x to 7.0.97

Does the update to March 16 change gps?

The march 16th update kept google play services at 6.x. It's recommended not to update as it seems to be causing issues like battery drain, but I've noticed a few users reporting success on the latest google play services 7.x with no problems at all.

Reactions: bobby janow

tatnai

Jul 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, USA
I've tested the volume button acting as the power button, but I haven't come across your issue. Granted I haven't run it for too long, so it might become an issue the longer I use it. I'll keep it on the rest of the day and use it as frequently as I can to see if I can't reproduce the results you are having. Have you tweaked anything else utilizing the volume buttons?

Just reporting that I never experienced it and I always have the volume wake option on.

I do not use any other volume button mods (like music control or cursor control).

I am fairly certain it is not a hardware issue, given that it does not occur with the mod off, and a reboot fixes it instantly. Also, just because it is not an issue for everyone does not make it a non-issue; each of our phones, while the same model, may have slightly different tolerances in processor and or ram or other things (even separate from production versions), and while almost identical may function slightly differently in certain situations (for instance, not all nexus 5s can undervolt to the same level even though they are the same phone; not the same thing as here, I understand, but you get the point).

Thank you for the responses, I love using the volume button wake and hopefully this will take us closer to figuring it out.

BTT8

Oct 16, 2012
Anyone else experiencing a weird idle drain? I'm still getting 2.5%/hr drain night with no obvious reason. The problem disappears when I reboot and I'll get a 0.5%/hr drain. But just toggling wifi on and off with bring back the problem. This also happen on 5.0.1.

Reactions: oleksandrsasha

bxsteve31

Dec 16, 2011
Bronx
File this under the category obvious. When using Google now cards wake lock detector shows my phone awake anywhere from 12-18%. With cards off it drops to 6-8%.

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Free mobile app

ekowwillis

Jan 30, 2012
Accra
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Well, remember the screen off memory leak, everyone welcomed it as THE FIX for the memory leak affecting the N5 and rushed adding it.
I was the only one actually testing it and telling that wouldn't fix anything. The time proved me right as people are still experiencing the leak even after everyone added that fix.
With all the above consideration, don't rush to conclusion, i've not take a look at it yet but a Google engineer already stated it's working as intended so... take your conclusions, until something changes.

Xposed framework is a brilliant and remarkable project but it comes at a cost. Beside the overhead it creates the lollipop version is more invasive cause it disables for example some ART optimizations.
I'd use it to modify on-the-fly third party apps but only if i can't live without, not to modify GEL for example, where you could just use another launcher.
It's also good for phones who are not supported by developers cause too old or cause touchwiz and such.
Using on a Nexus device is just silly to me.
Take this with a grain of salt but i'm not sure if in the long run using it to gain more battery using some battery modules will actually gain anything then using the phone without it.
Said so i'm not the kind of developer who will bash users using it or not giving support to you, just consider the above suggestions.
I always welcome more options on the scene and don't like those devs who are yelling at Xposed as the death of custom roms or as an headache for the bug reports.

I'm trying to add some xposed pearls on Cataclysm just for this reason, like custom dpi/locale/tablet mode.
I've rewrote again the custom dpi feature, some apps glitch like Ingress are fixed and now the feature is 100% efficent.
There's only one last bug that is needed to be squashed, nedless to say that i'm working on it.
brilliance at its best.
Could you please add options to change ICON SIZE.

AA1973

Anyone else experiencing a weird idle drain? I'm still getting 2.5%/hr drain night with no obvious reason. The problem disappears when I reboot and I'll get a 0.5%/hr drain. But just toggling wifi on and off with bring back the problem. This also happen on 5.0.1.
Yes. I think that WiFi is always scanning if it is toggled on and then off. You can check it in the WiFi network config section - in the Dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#* > WiFi information > WiFi status.

If you boot up with WiFi disabled, and leave your phone idle for a short time, WiFi won't appear in the battery stats. The WiFi status will be blank. No entries.

If you enable WiFi, leave it enabled and then disable (or at least try to do it) and check the WiFi status, it will show "scanning" regardless if you disabled "scanning always available" Only a reboot will fix it.

Screenshots hidden in spoiler.

WiFi toggled OFF => Scanning
91d17ddbda1dd9003ecb382400e680d1.jpg

After a reboot
c6094059a4cd78bf1baaf1508439ff37.jpg

Then checking refresh stats
1a151b612f9fbc684676ddd7243899e8.jpg

@atl4ntis is this behavior declared and ruled by WifiSettings.java?

Last edited:
Reactions: nhatphong and BTT8

till22

Jul 30, 2014
34°5'S, 58°5'W

Dude.. I'm going to risk a warning just to tell you that you are really one annoying fella.

Would you please accept the fact that it's highly likely your phone is screwed up in a way that is clearly NOT a Cataclysm issue, since you already clean flashed the stock images 3 times? Stop spamming this thread with useless posts, causing response like the one I'm typing right now.

This is the last time I'll respond to your uselessness, I really hope you fix your problem - but I do not hope it for your good, but for the greater good so you can stop bothering people.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
<snip>

The march 16th update kept google play services at 6.x. It's recommended not to update as it seems to be causing issues like battery drain, but I've noticed a few users reporting success on the latest google play services 7.x with no problems at all.

Well you're right the update did not change my updated GPS from the Play store, trusted places still working swimmingly. But the update did enable the phone to go into sleep mode and now I'm all set. I've not noticed any issues (battery) yet with latest everything.

wifesabitch

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
Dude.. I'm going to risk a warning just to tell you that you are really one annoying fella.

Would you please accept the fact that it's highly likely your phone is screwed up in a way that is clearly NOT a Cataclysm issue, since you already clean flashed the stock images 3 times? Stop spamming this thread with useless posts, causing response like the one I'm typing right now.

This is the last time I'll respond to your uselessness, I really hope you fix your problem - but I do not hope it for your good, but for the greater good so you can stop bothering people.

Someone mentioned there is an ignore feature for users. I didn't know that before, I just added this clown. Should start making this thread easier to read once I get a few more people on there.

Reactions: till22

sonnhy

Jun 24, 2012
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Hold down the torch toggle?

Sent via tapatalk from my cataclysm'd Lollipooop Nexus 5

No, it's an easier and quicker way to change brightness. If you don't know how it works, pratically, you tap and hold the status bar, then slide the finger left to right to brighten up/down the screen. I got used to use it from other Roms and it was a common features, it's strange I can't find it on this Rom.

deathbyte

Dec 11, 2009
Smart Radio

Hello @atl4ntis.

I am monitoring the changelog to see if something appeared related to a issue that I'm feeling, but as I think has not yet appeared nothing, I will describe here.
The Smart Radio works to move from 2G to LTE (4G), but does not change from LTE(4G) to (2G) automatically. Before worked fine.
Already set the delay to "0s", "1s" and nothing, I have to turn LTE off manually and turn Smart Radio On again. (I have wifi: off )

Edit: It's turn to 2G again, only when screen is off but when i turn on goes again to LTE. (Data is off)

Can you give me a clue?
Thank you.
DB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rwm6te.jpg

• Everything has been written from scratch, even common features have been perfected and improved.

• Quality and stability first, bugfree and hassle free, install and forget.

• An actually developed firmware which brings many innovations on the scene.

• Cataclysm uses an unique way to bring AOSP features to stock firmware. genesis evolution

• Cataclysm is 100% Google experience plus other features.

• Cataclysm includes optional/configurable Google Apps with AROMA installer.

• Cataclysm supports Android Pay and RRO themes out of the box.

Installation notes:

- If you're on stock MMB29S just flash latest mod over, no wipes.
    - If you're on Cataclysm but not on MMB29S or stock but not on MMB29S, flash latest full Cataclysm, no wipes.
    - If you're on anything else, wipe/factory reset then flash latest full Cataclysm.

Please read the FAQ and release notes.

eskgpk.png

Download Cataclysm from AndroidFileHost

2vtpmx1.png

Download Cataclysm from Mediafire

MODIFICATIONS AND REDISTRIBUTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED

Code:
    Cert fingerprints to verify the integrity of current and future signed zips:
    (This is NOT the files checksum)

MD5:  3D:67:E0:62:CC:9E:44:5B:B6:EB:36:28:46:E8:23:09
    SHA1: 59:7A:07:38:B4:D1:11:A2:E0:45:16:7E:E6:2D:70:0C:05:0B:96:15

2mpfqtd.jpg

PushBullet Cataclysm updates channel

2lo2osg.png

Cataclysm translation project page

2hy8pi9.jpg

Marshmallow changelog:

Jan 05, 2016: Cataclysm Jan 05, 2016 Stable release Release notes
    Jan 05, 2016: Sources updated to android-6.0.1_r9.
    Jan 05, 2016: Smart Radio: added battery saver condition.
    Jan 05, 2016: Allow led while screen is on.
    Dec 21, 2015: Cataclysm Dec 21, 2015 Beta update
    Dec 21, 2015: Enable USB data transfer if/when phone is unlocked
    Dec 21, 2015: Battery charging led full at 100 instead of 96+
    Dec 20, 2015: Announce battery charged: use custom notification tone or tts
    Dec 20, 2015: Announce battery charged: misc improvements
    Dec 18, 2015: Tethering shouldn't require a build.prop edit for some people anymore
    Dec 18, 2015: Fixed Swap back and recent sometimes not surviving reboot.
    Dec 16, 2015: Cataclysm Dec 14, 2015 Beta Release Release notes
    Dec 11, 2015: Announce battery charged with voice
    Dec 11, 2015: Swap back with recent
    Dec 11, 2015: Fixed text battery truncated at 100
    Dec 11, 2015: Fixed closed dialer after call
    Dec 08, 2015: Cataclysm Dec 08, 2015 Stable Release
    Dec 08, 2015: Sources updated to android 6.0.1.
    Dec 01, 2015: Cataclysm Nov 30, 2015 Stable release Release notes
    Nov 28, 2015: Lockscreen shortcut color: Colorful/Black and white/White.
    Nov 28, 2015: Fixed bluetooth icon sometimes sticking on statusbar.
    Nov 28, 2015: Removed "Disable motion detection on doze".
    Nov 27, 2015: Cataclysm Nov 27, 2015 Beta Release Release notes
    Nov 27, 2015: Per-app immersive mode.
    Nov 27, 2015: Fixed left lockscreen icon tint when right was default.
    Nov 27, 2015: Hide vibration icon.
    Nov 27, 2015: Volume keys follow device rotation.
    Nov 27, 2015: Swipe statusbar to adjust brightness.
    Nov 27, 2015: SmartTimeout/Flash on notification: misc improvements.
    Nov 20, 2015: Misc options: disable motion detection on doze.
    Nov 15, 2015: Cataclysm per-app settings are now backuppable.(need to set them again)
    Nov 15, 2015: Removed "AppOps Autorun".
    Nov 15, 2015: Removed "Volume cursor control".
    Nov 15, 2015: Removed "Disable full screen keyboard on landscape".
    Nov 08, 2015: Cataclysm Nov 08, 2015 Beta Release Release notes
    Nov 08, 2015: Sources updated to android-6.0.0_r2.
    Nov 08, 2015: Quick Torch.
    Nov 08, 2015: Flash on notifications.
    Nov 08, 2015: Optional hide BT icon only when disconnected.
    Nov 06, 2015: Cataclysm settings icon is now consistent with others for theming.
    Nov 06, 2015: Correctly use reboot strings on reboot system and bootloader.
    Nov 06, 2015: Good old background services activity when longpressing Stats tile.
    Nov 06, 2015: Fixed center clock tint not inverting on some themes.
    Nov 06, 2015: Fixed issue preventing center clock from being hidden by third party apps.
    Nov 06, 2015: Speaker proximity: misc bt fixes.
    Oct 29, 2015: Fixed issue preventing Smart Radio white list from opening.
    Oct 27, 2015: Cataclysm Oct 27, 2015 Stable release Release notes
    Oct 26, 2015: Correctly update left shortcut icon if voice assist is disabled.
    Oct 25, 2015: Wake on notification: option to enforce DnD rules.
    Oct 25, 2015: Speaker proximity rewritten from scratch.
    Oct 25, 2015: Disable Smart Timeout on secure lockscreen to avoid fights with Face unlock.
    Oct 25, 2015: Immersive mode style: NavBar only, StatusBar only.
    Oct 25, 2015: Center battery glow on status bar expanded.
    Oct 25, 2015: Fixed disable recents widget glitch.
    Oct 24, 2015: Cataclysm Oct 24, 2015 Release candidate Release notes
    Oct 24, 2015: Security input prio: fixed double bouncing.
    Oct 24, 2015: Fixed issue with quick pin unlock and sim pin.
    Oct 23, 2015: Immersive mode + tile.
    Oct 23, 2015: Fixed excessive battery redraw on notification panel expanded.
    Oct 23, 2015: Proximity speaker: correctly activate on incoming calls.
    Oct 22, 2015: Proximity speaker: correctly route audio call to BT if available.
    Oct 21, 2015: Quick PIN Unlock.
    Oct 20, 2015: Cataclysm Oct 20, 2015 Beta Release Release notes
    Oct 20, 2015: Clear LED when notification is read/expanded not only on dismiss.
    Oct 20, 2015: Don't disable LED on prio if checked and package has priority.
    Oct 20, 2015: Disable LED on alarm only.
    Oct 19, 2015: Shortcut to AppOps from App details.
    Oct 19, 2015: Allow Navigation bar resizing in portrait or landscape indipendently.
    Oct 19, 2015: Fixed Volume skip music tracks unreliability (also requires kernel patch).
    Oct 18, 2015: Center clock should now stick correctly on reboot for some users.
    Oct 18, 2015: Revert Alarm only icon, changed Prio icon to a different, more consistent one.
    Oct 18, 2015: Fixed RingerMode tile not updating the icon (or missing) on DnD mode.
    Oct 17, 2015: Cataclysm Oct 17, 2015 Beta Release Release notes
    Oct 17, 2015: Fixed proximity speaker not activating.
    Oct 17, 2015: Fixed Smart Radio not honoring the white list.
    Oct 17, 2015: Don't clear LED and break notification sounds on screen on.
    Oct 17, 2015: Charging LED prio fix.
    Oct 17, 2015: Fixed left default lockscreen shortcut sometimes appearing as phone.
    Oct 17, 2015: Right clock shouldn't appear sometimes when center clock is enabled.
    Oct 17, 2015: Misc: Multi window.
    Oct 16, 2015: Fixed global disable headsup notifications, also added dependency with per-app.
    Oct 16, 2015: Rotation tile will show correct icon/text while locked in landscape.
    Oct 16, 2015: NFC tile should be more reliable.
    Oct 16, 2015: Use good ol' silent mode icon for alarm only settings, to differentiate from prio mode.
    Oct 16, 2015: Cataclysm Backup will correctly backup and restore Battery styles and Tiles.
    Oct 16, 2015: Reintroduce Ringermode tile (Normal/Vibrate only)
    Oct 16, 2015: Reintroduce AppOps with 14 new Ops.
    Oct 13, 2015: Fix Notification panel expansion when tapping on status bar.
    Oct 13, 2015: Longpress stats tile for Memory settings.
    Oct 13, 2015: Volume Music control should skip tracks on longpress now.
    Oct 13, 2015: Removed from AROMA option to uninstall TTS, which caused SetupWizard crash.
    Oct 13, 2015: Fixed AROMA not deleting some deselected apps.
    Oct 11, 2015: Cataclysm Oct 11, 2015 Beta Release Release notes
    Oct 11, 2015: Everything from LP has been added to MM except:
    - Quick PIN Unlock
    - Enable Notification Ticker

Marshmallow feature list:

Quick Torch
    Flash on notifications
    Swap back with recents
    Announce battery charged
    Enable USB data when unlocked
    Hide BT icon only when disconnected
    Allow led while screen is on
    Quick PIN Unlock
    Immersive mode + per-app
    Swap volume on rotation
    Statusbar brightness control
    Custom batteries
    Softkeys fade mod
    Navbar cursor control
    Allow data background while on battery saver per-app
    Battery save scheduler
    Smart Timeout
    Battery saver and Smart Radio intents
    Wake on notifications + per-app
    Force headsup
    Clear all notifications button on status bar
    Show status bar clock on keyguard
    Hide status bar elements
    Disable album arts
    AppOps
    Security input priority
    Opacity slider for keyguard
    Disable LED on prio or None
    Disable recents widget
    Hide IME switcher
    Show statusbar clock on lockscreen
    Vibrate on remote call pickup/hangup
    InCall blocker
    Don't send number to unknown
    Close dialer after normal hangup
    Hide multiple lockscreen elements
    Expand all notifications
    Custom headsup timeout
    Show app optimization on first boot
    Volume controls always music
    Disable QS on secure lockscreen
    Quick Settings: Quick Puldown (includes DRAG)
    Custom Quick settings with rearrange/scale and much more
    LTE and 3G only network modes
    Lockscreen double tap to sleep
    NavigationBar swipe to sleep
    NavigationBar show left menu
    Wider landscape notification panel
    LED Customization + per-app
    Per-app Lockscreen notifications/force peeking
    Battery charging led
    Disable key press on security input
    Custom left/right lockscreen shortcuts
    Force show menu
    Center clock/Hide clock
    Unlink notification volume
    Smart Radio
    Raised volumes steps number
    Custom lockscreen wallpaper
    Volume music control
    Volume rocker wake
    Clear all recents button
    Longpress actions to clock/date
    Disable OTA update
    Volume key cursor control
    Sleep button on status bar
    NFC polling mode/Disable NFC sounds
    Lockscreen rotation
    AM/PM clock style
    Disable DUN required for tethering
    Disable full screen landscape keyboard
    Allow 180° rotation
    Disable low battery warning
    Disable wake when (un)plugged
    Longpress recents for last task
    Longpress back to kill non system apps
    Resize Navigation Bar
    Disable ADB notification
    Reboot menu/Disable when secure/Hotreboot

Lollipop changelog

Kitkat/Jelly Bean changelogs

* Implement kexec-hardboot - <vbocek@gmail.com> Tassadar - Vojtech Bocek et al.
    * Implement always on rgb led support - <sam@mortimer.me.uk> Sam3000 - Sam Mortimer
    * Don't reset keys pressed at suspend time - <nope> atl4ntis

Custom intents:
    Code:
    android.cataclysm.intent.action.BATTERY_SAVER_ON
    android.cataclysm.intent.action.BATTERY_SAVER_OFF
    android.cataclysm.intent.action.SMART_RADIO_ON
    android.cataclysm.intent.action.SMART_RADIO_OFF
    Lollipop changelog

Retired Lollipop Banner:
    1pa59j.png

12151ld.png

Lollipop changelog:

Sep 25, 2015: Wake on notifications: don't wake if covered is now optional. Cataclysm Sep 27, 2015 Stable Final Release (524MB) Release notes
    Sep 25, 2015: Wake on notifications: removed global wake dependency on pocket detection.
    Sep 18, 2015: Clear notification button on statusbar: don't hide default one.
    Sep 13, 2015: Slightly bigger circular battery.
    Sep 13, 2015: Fixed crash on DPI below 290.
    Sep 09, 2015: Sources updated to android-5.1.1_r14 (LMY48M). Cataclysm Sep 10, 2015 Beta Release (524MB) Release notes
    Sep 06, 2015: Clear all notifications button on status bar.
    Sep 06, 2015: Layers 2.1 support.
    Aug 07, 2015: Sources updated to android-5.1.1_r9 (LMY48I). Cataclysm Aug 07, 2015 Beta Release (524MB) Release notes
    Aug 07, 2015: Layers: SystemUI toggles FC fix, fix sorting of overlays list.
    Jul 10, 2015: Layers: expose toggles rearrange and lockscreen wallpaper dialog text.
    Jul 02, 2015: Lockscreen: double tap to sleep. Cataclysm Jul 03, 2015 Nightly Update (9MB) Release notes
    Jul 01, 2015: Fixed possible Smart Radio white list settings FC on first launch.
    Jul 01, 2015: Lockscreen: Allow cropping wallpaper vertically.
    Jul 01, 2015: Color picker: less cryptic default button.
    Jun 26, 2015: Longpress status bar settings wheel for Cataclysm settings.
    Jun 25, 2015: Hide bluetooth status bar icon when disconnected.
    Jun 25, 2015: Wake on notif: make pocket extraction detection optional.
    Jun 20, 2015: Show Deep Sleep on Stats tile. Cataclysm Jun 20, 2015 Stable Release (524MB) Release notes
    Jun 20, 2015: Fixed status bar double tap glitch.
    Jun 19, 2015: Wake on notification pocket detection: misc fixes.
    Jun 19, 2015: Quick Toggles: USB Tether. Cataclysm Jun 19, 2015 Beta Update (25MB) Release notes
    Jun 18, 2015: Show status bar clock on keyguard.
    Jun 18, 2015: Proximity speaker: disable on audio mode changed by user untill end of the call.
    Jun 18, 2015: Proximity speaker: misc BT fixes.
    Jun 17, 2015: Don't fully expand QS when tapping on statusbar with quick pulldown or two fingers.
    Jun 17, 2015: Wake on notification: wake if pulled out of pocket within 10 sec.
    Jun 14, 2015: Hide Keyguard Clock/Date/Alarm. Cataclysm Jun 14, 2015 Beta Update (25MB) Release notes
    Jun 12, 2015: Cataclysm features now fully support multiuser.
    Jun 11, 2015: Layers: fix multiuser dialog text white over white.
    Jun 11, 2015: Quick Toggles: Quick pulldown: Drag mode.
    Jun 11, 2015: Wake on notification: don't wake if phone is in bag/pocket.
    Jun 11, 2015: Use B/s KB/s MB/s instead of B KB MB in network speed stats tile.
    Jun 10, 2015: Don't truncate time elapsed since last charge on some languages.
    Jun 10, 2015: Allow reposition of clear all recents button.
    May 21, 2015: Sources updated to android-5.1.1_r3 (LMY48B). Cataclysm May 21, 2015 Beta Release (532MB) Release notes
    May 11, 2015: Ringer Mode custom intents for Normal/Vibrate/Silent.
    May 02, 2015: Cataclysm Settings app shortcut.
    Apr 25, 2015: Smart Timeout: disable while on secure lockscreen.
    Apr 24, 2015: Prevent soft reboot caused by getCameraInfo() stock bug.
    Apr 16, 2015: Global Force headsup notifications along with per-app settings.
    Apr 16, 2015: Reintroduce Global Wake on notification along with per-app settings.
    Apr 16, 2015: Don't hide Rotation tile if disabled from accessibility.
    Apr 16, 2015: NFC Tile should disappear less frequently.
    Apr 13, 2015: Speaker follows proximity: disable while bt/wired headset is connected. Cataclysm Apr 14, 2015 Stable Release (532MB) Release notes
    Apr 10, 2015: Smart Timeout: fixed camera busy issue. Cataclysm Apr 10, 2015 Beta Update (26MB) Release notes
    Apr 10, 2015: Smart Timeout: won't activate (more then once) if screen is forced active.
    Apr 10, 2015: Speaker follows proximity: added delay, sync dialer icon/button with speaker.
    Apr 05, 2015: Security input prio: fixed insecure lockscreen not showing on first boot.
    Apr 05, 2015: Smart Timeout: cleanup/misc fixes/improvements.
    Apr 05, 2015: Don't kill dialer if any call is on hold.
    Apr 04, 2015: Wake on notification moved to per-app settings. Cataclysm Apr 04, 2015 Beta Update (26MB) Release notes
    Apr 04, 2015: Speaker follows proximity sensor while in call.
    Apr 04, 2015: Smart Timeout beta.
    Apr 02, 2015: Fixed white notification title under some conditions.
    Apr 02, 2015: Security input priority: no notifications.
    Apr 02, 2015: Fixed Sprint issue.
    Mar 31, 2015: Readded softkeys padding. Cataclysm Mar 31, 2015 Beta Release (532MB) Release notes
    Mar 29, 2015: [RRO] Layers support.
    Mar 28, 2015: Sources updated to android-5.1.0_r3 (LMY47I).
    Mar 28, 2015: BSS: use exact alarm instead of optimized.
    Mar 28, 2015: Lowered end margin when hiding battery.
    Mar 28, 2015: Lockscreen options: disable albums art.
    Mar 28, 2015: Lockscreen options: security input on top priority (never/no clearable notifications/always).
    Mar 28, 2015: Lockscreen options: opacity slider.
    Mar 28, 2015: Lockscreen: fixed ghostly glitch on album art (aosp bug).
    Mar 28, 2015: Allow fine grain animations control up to 2x speed (up from 1x).
    Mar 21, 2015: Fixed recents animation glitch. Cataclysm Mar 21, 2015 Stable Release (577MB) Release notes
    Mar 20, 2015: Battery saver: 0-100 low battery values (slider).
    Mar 19, 2015: SmartRadio: correctly listen for Data on/off changes.
    Mar 17, 2015: Cataclysm backup date/time is again localized.
    Mar 17, 2015: Fixed Volume Music control needing a reboot to make it working once enabled.
    Mar 17, 2015: Smart Radio: re-added custom intent to enable it from the outside.
    Mar 17, 2015: Smart Radio: added two different delays for Low and High power switch.
    Mar 15, 2015: Disabled SystemUpdateService wakelock for good. Cataclysm Mar 16, 2015 Beta Update (16MB) Release notes
    Mar 15, 2015: Smart Radio: delayed switch.
    Mar 15, 2015: Smart Radio (Beta): rebuilt from the ground up.
    Mar 14, 2015: Attempt to disable SystemUpdateService without wakelocks. Cataclysm Mar 15, 2015 Beta Update (16MB) Release notes
    Mar 14, 2015: Stock-a-like animation to custom toggles.
    Mar 14, 2015: Readded notification volume slider, if unlinked, on sound settings options.
    Mar 14, 2015: Disable led on priority mode/no interruption.
    Mar 14, 2015: Animate recents and recents button like new dismiss notifications button.
    Mar 14, 2015: Don't flip custom toggles icons on RTL languages.
    Mar 14, 2015: Center glow when pressing battery with no labels on status bar.
    Mar 14, 2015: SoftkeysFadeMod: center dots when ime is enabled.
    Mar 11, 2015: Sources updated to android-5.1.0_r1 (LMY47D). Cataclysm Mar 12, 2015 Beta Release (577MB) Release notes
    Mar 11, 2015: Disable recents search widget.
    Mar 11, 2015: Wake on notification: misc fixes.
    Feb 28, 2015: Hide IME switcher.
    Feb 28, 2015: Haptic feedback for cursor arrow keys (if enabled system wide).
    Feb 26, 2015: Swipe HeadsUp up for an early timeout. Cataclysm Feb 27, 2015 Stable Release (502MB) Release notes
    Feb 26, 2015: Fixed navigation bar cursor keys being too tiny on stock dpi.
    Feb 26, 2015: Fixed Circular battery text misaligned at different dpi.
    Feb 26, 2015: Pulse led color chooser, removed redundant disable checkbox.
    Feb 26, 2015: Fixed oval default led color picker.
    Feb 26, 2015: Correctly handle silent mode while in priority mode aswell.
    Feb 25, 2015: Fixed low battery pulse led color.
    Feb 25, 2015: Allow silent mode to be set with volume down key. Cataclysm Feb 25, 2015 Nightly Update (26MB) Release notes
    Feb 25, 2015: Circular battery.
    Feb 24, 2015: Wake on notification: misc fixes.
    Feb 24, 2015: Navigation bar cursor control.
    Feb 22, 2015: Hide status bar on lockscreen.
    Feb 22, 2015: Hide carrier label.
    Feb 21, 2015: Led control: new colors, color picker dialog.
    Feb 20, 2015: Led control: default notification led color.
    Feb 19, 2015: Notification control: Wake on notification. Cataclysm Feb 19, 2015 Nightly Update (26MB) Release notes
    Feb 19, 2015: Notification control: Expand all notifications.
    Feb 18, 2015: Notification control: Custom headsup timeout.
    Feb 18, 2015: Led control: Notification led: priority to first/last, On/Off time.
    Feb 18, 2015: Led control: Charging led: custom colors, priority to charge/notification, On/Off time.
    Feb 12, 2015: Raise vol panel timeout and show zen modes when controls always music is active.
    Feb 11, 2015: Lockscreen shortcuts: none, shortcut.
    Feb 10, 2015: BSS: reenable on unplug if in range and disabled cause plugged.
    Feb 10, 2015: BSS: don't disable if enabled cause low battery.
    Feb 09, 2015: Per-app settings: custom LED "none" option.
    Feb 06, 2015: Battery saver scheduler: misc fixes. Cataclysm Feb 06, 2015 Nightly Update (26MB) Release notes
    Feb 05, 2015: Per-app settings: custom LED color.
    Feb 04, 2015: Volume controls always music stream.
    Feb 04, 2015: Battery saver scheduler.
    Jan 31, 2015: Per-app settings: allow background data while on battery saver mode.
    Jan 31, 2015: NFC polling mode: fix screen on locked.
    Jan 26, 2015: Per-app settings: AppOps.
    Jan 25, 2015: Softkeys Fade Mod.
    Jan 21, 2015: Disable low battery led even if already lit. Cataclysm Jan 23, 2015 Stable Release (502MB) Release notes
    Jan 21, 2015: Per-app settings: restrict mobile background data.
    Jan 20, 2015: Display on battery stats the time elapsed on battery since latest full charge.
    Jan 20, 2015: Disable battery saver orange bars.
    Jan 19, 2015: Swipe2sleep is again optional. Cataclysm Jan 19, 2015 Nightly Update (25MB) Release notes
    Jan 19, 2015: Fixed possible network mode issue due to Smart Radio race condition even when disabled.
    Jan 19, 2015: Volume wake: adjust volume while in call, press volDown and volUP at same time to wake.
    Jan 17, 2015: Swipe2sleep: misc fixes.
    Jan 17, 2015: Disable low battery blinking led.
    Jan 16, 2015: Cataclysm settings: entries are now indexable and appear in Search bar.
    Jan 15, 2015: SmartRadio: don't downgrade if wifiAp is active.
    Jan 15, 2015: Per-app settings: force headsup, disable headsup if available.
    Jan 15, 2015: Per-app settings: block lockscreen notifications, block ongoing lockscreen notifications.
    Jan 13, 2015: Wider landscape notification panel/quick settings layout.
    Jan 13, 2015: Volume cursor control (inverted).
    Jan 09, 2015: Navigation bar swipe to sleep. Cataclysm Jan 10, 2015 Nightly Update (19MB) Release notes
    Jan 09, 2015: Allow locking current landscape orientation with rotation toggle.
    Jan 09, 2015: Close dialer on hangup only if is foreground.
    Jan 09, 2015: Fixed disable QS on secure lockscreen still showing them under some conditions.
    Jan 08, 2015: Backup: correctly restore "Hide alarm icon" and "Close dialer on hangup" values.
    Jan 08, 2015: Fixed FC restoring backups with animations scale and/or smart radio never used.
    Jan 07, 2015: Longclick expanded clock/date for clock app.
    Jan 07, 2015: 3G only/LTE only network modes.
    Jan 07, 2015: QuickToggles: Volumes.
    Jan 05, 2015: Center toggle's icons (and glow) and regain wasted space when hiding labels.
    Jan 05, 2015: Fixed battery text not showing below 5% under certain conditions and styles.
    Jan 03, 2015: Hide persistent alarm icon. Cataclysm Jan 04, 2015 Nightly Update (11MB) Release notes
    Jan 03, 2015: Close dialer on hangup.
    Jan 03, 2015: Show menu on both sides.
    Jan 02, 2015: Settings backup.
    Jan 02, 2015: Hide brightness slider.
    Jan 02, 2015: Quick Toggles: resize, hide labels, custom columns, unify, longclick.
    Jan 02, 2015: Expandable volume panel.
    Dec 23, 2014: Battery styles: misc fixes. Cataclysm Dec 24, 2014 Stable Release (502MB) Release notes
    Dec 23, 2014: Don't show default shortcuts preview on custom shortcuts launch.
    Dec 23, 2014: Fixed right shortcut not working on secure lockscreen for some users.
    Dec 22, 2014: Fixed custom wallpaper lag. Cataclysm Dec 22, 2014 Beta Update (32MB) Release notes
    Dec 22, 2014: Led support for charging (optional).
    Dec 22, 2014: Led support for missed calls (default).
    Dec 21, 2014: Disable material glow for pinpad clicks.
    Dec 21, 2014: Retuning icon + inner text battery style.
    Dec 20, 2014: Custom swipe left/right lockscreen shortcuts.
    Dec 19, 2014: Fixed notification volume auto unlinking from ringer on reboot.
    Dec 17, 2014: Smart radio: apps white list. Cataclysm Dec 17, 2014 Beta Release (502MB) Release notes
    Dec 17, 2014: Longpress back to kill: don't kill pinned apps right after unpinning them.
    Dec 17, 2014: InCall Blocker original + custom numbers.
    Dec 16, 2014: Custom animations speeds.
    Dec 16, 2014: Sources updated to android-5.0.1_r1 (LRX22C).
    Dec 14, 2014: Force show menu on navbar.
    Dec 14, 2014: Hide phone number to unknown.
    Dec 11, 2014: Disable autorun for apps on AppOps. Fixed another index out of bounds error (aosp bug).
    Dec 10, 2014: Volume rocker music control. Cataclysm Dec 10, 2014 Nightly Update (14MB) Release notes
    Dec 10, 2014: Disable Heads up notifications.
    Dec 09, 2014: Enable notification ticker.
    Dec 08, 2014: Quick Toggles: Battery saver.
    Dec 08, 2014: Custom lockscreen wallpaper. Will temporarily hides on media album art showing.
    Dec 08, 2014: Raised multimedia volume steps to 21, up from 15.
    Dec 08, 2014: Disable Nfc sounds, vibrate instead.
    Dec 08, 2014: Nfc polling modes (Screen on unlocked/Screen on locked/Screen off)
    Dec 07, 2014: Unlink notification volume.
    Dec 04, 2014: Fixed battery scaling on non standard dpi. Cataclysm Dec 05, 2014 Stable Release (502MB) Release notes
    Dec 04, 2014: Disable QS on secure lockscreen now works for every quick pulldown modes.
    Dec 03, 2014: Battery Styles: Stock / Stock + Inner Text / Text only / Gone. Cataclysm Dec 03, 2014 Beta Update (10MB) Release notes
    Dec 02, 2014: Quick Toggles: Network mode (2G/3G/LTE) - Gps.
    Dec 02, 2014: Quick Toggles: System Stats (CPU speed/temp - Network speed download/upload - Memory available (real, includes cached).
    Dec 01, 2014: Longpress reboot in powermenu for hotreboot (zygote restart).
    Dec 01, 2014: Quick Toggles: RingerMode (normal/vibrate/silent/priority/none).
    Nov 29, 2014: Quick Toggles: Screenshot - Nfc - Sync - Screen Timeout.
    Nov 29, 2014: Longpress back to kill won't kill screenpinned apps.
    Nov 29, 2014: Disable Quick Settings expansion on secure lockscreen.
    Nov 29, 2014: Clear all recents button is now optional.
    Nov 29, 2014: Reboot entry in powermenu is now optional.
    Nov 27, 2014: Fixed switches in appops detail being out of the view sometimes (aosp bug). Cataclysm Nov 27, 2014 Beta Update (10MB) Release notes
    Nov 27, 2014: Temporarily fixed animation when pulling directly QS without notifications and while not on lockscreen (aosp bug).
    Nov 26, 2014: Lockscreen rotation.
    Nov 26, 2014: AM/PM on status bar clock.
    Nov 26, 2014: Center status bar clock.
    Nov 26, 2014: Quick PIN unlock.
    Nov 25, 2014: Volume rocker wake: correctly eat the volKey after waken.
    Nov 25, 2014: Fixed sleep button overlap with QS Header switch when closing QS with showdetails.
    Nov 24, 2014: Aggressively disable Play Services System Update causing wakelocks for some users. Cataclysm Nov 24, 2014 Beta Release (501MB) Release notes
    Nov 24, 2014: Fixed sleep button overlap with QS Header switch when toggling QS details.
    Nov 24, 2014: Shortened longpress back to kill the foreground app to 1s (down from 2s).
    Nov 24, 2014: Disable status bar clock.
    Nov 24, 2014: Disabled dun required for Wifi tethering.
    Nov 24, 2014: Volume rocker wake. Press both volUp and volDown to wake if music is playing.
    Nov 24, 2014: Moved clear recent button up for pie users. Faster/smoother animation. Fix showing when not needed.
    Nov 24, 2014: Vibrate on call remote pickup/hangup. One for pickup, two for hangup.
    Nov 22, 2014: Delete button on screenshots notifications. Cataclysm Nov 22, 2014 Beta Release (501MB) Release notes
    Nov 21, 2014: QuickToggles haptic feedback.
    Nov 21, 2014: QuickToggles quick pulldown (six modes).
    Nov 21, 2014: QuickToggles rearrange for default toggles.
    Nov 21, 2014: QuickToggles choose for default toggles.
    Nov 21, 2014: Expanded date clickable go to calendar.
    Nov 21, 2014: Exposed AppOps. Fixed index out of bounds error (aosp bug).
    Nov 20, 2014: Disabled system update.
    Nov 20, 2014: Volume key cursor control.
    Nov 20, 2014: Disable full screen keyboard.
    Nov 20, 2014: Disable power menu on secure lockscreen.
    Nov 20, 2014: Smart Radio.
    Nov 19, 2014: Sleep button on status bar. Longpress for power menu.
    Nov 18, 2014: Clear all recents button on navbar. Won't kill the task from which is invoked and go back to it.
    Nov 17, 2014: Disable low battery warning.
    Nov 17, 2014: Disable wake when (un)plugged.
    Nov 17, 2014: Allow 180° rotation.
    Nov 17, 2014: Longpress recent to last task. Move task to front or reopen.
    Nov 17, 2014: Led notification light shortened to 3 sec (down from 7).
    Nov 17, 2014: Longpress back to kill the foreground app. Also remove it from recents.
    Nov 16, 2014: Disable GoogleNow gesture.
    Nov 16, 2014: Disable volume adjust beep.
    Nov 16, 2014: Added proper resource for ime key land.
    Nov 16, 2014: Disable adb notification.
    Nov 16, 2014: Navigation bar resize. Icons scale down only below 75%. Optional portrait only.
    Nov 16, 2014: Extended power menu - Reboot.
    On Cataclysm development and genesis

Hello everyone,
    this is a development thread after all so i like to update you over what's going on and about my development.
    If you're interested in how Cataclysm is developed, why it's different from other firmwares, why gapps are included have this read, hopefully it won't annoy you so much.
    Keep also in mind that i'm not bashing full AOSP firmwares, it's just how Cataclysm was born.
    I'm also aware of the possible legal infringments in including gapps without certification.

Writing this due to the gapps complaining.

AOSP is different from Stock firmwares, mainly due to the closed sources nature of apps, blobs, etc that comes with a stock image.
    What comes out of AOSP is pretty much useless to end users.
    Even when new sources are published you will still need the factory image cause some files are missing from AOSP.
    You can of course build new sources but they will have always something missing or different.
    People claiming it differently are either ignorant or are trying to fool their users.
    Just flashing Gapps over simple AOSP firmwares is not enough if you don't change on AOSP lot of subtle settings which are always hard to track at first.
    I remember location issues, sprint issues, sync issues, dialer issues on fresh AOSP builds right after new android releases.
    Also some existing Gapps package are poorly made, had my confirmation when i saw odexed gapps floating around when Kitkat was released, cause they were "needed to be odexed" for ART.
    That's why i strongly suggest you to NOT install third party Gapps, even to update them. Just update them from Play store.

I've always felt stock roms to be more stable then simply aosp roms.

With all above considerations then my thought was: don't fix what ain't broken.

I started "modding" my stock rom, by decompiling it and adding some features in smali doing a diff with fresh compiled AOSP files.
    I've also noticed all the features i needed were pretty much inside always the same files.

Then i worked on a way where i could just pickup whole freshly compiled files from AOSP and copy over stock with no issues, without the needs of manually editing them.
    This pretty much allowed me to create Cataclysm.

Cataclysm is basically only NINE files different from STOCK ROM.

Those nine files are modified before adding features to be also 100% like the ones in stock image.
    Hell, having more Google experience devices, more time and a smarter installer as i need to "prepare" the stock rom for "accepting" the aosp files, i could've released not
    Cataclysm ROM, but a CataclysmMOd of around 25 MB which would install on any stock rom / device converting it like Cataclysm is for you now.
    Something like stock + exposed + gravity box = stock + cataclysm mod.

This approach has basically made easier to me to have a pretty much bufree firmware for more then two years.
    Also this makes any bug you can encounter, related only to the features i add and only to them, No gps issues, sync or stock features missing.

There are lot of other things i could say, like why the name Cataclysm or the differencies developing this alone instead of being a team, but maybe on another episode :p.

Hope you had a good read.
    Cataclysm Oct 11, 2015 Marshmallow Beta release

rwm6te.jpg

Here we go peeps :)
    This is the first Marshmallow Cataclysm release, hope you'll enjoy it.

TIPS:
    - Do NOT remove TTS (Text to speech) within AROMA.
    - To make Titanium Backup working you need to change selinux to permissive via another kernel or terminal command or app (Like selinux mode changer)

NOTES:
    - This is a beta, there may be some bugs considering the huge changes and the little testing time
    - Clean flash is mandatory.
    - Root works out of the box with included kernel, should be safe to flash another kernel and have root still working.
    - Should be safe to restore the backup, battery and toggles won't be restored for now.
    - I've adopted the Google UI tuner to handle toggles, it's not perfect but will improve it.
    - Some per-app options are buried due to how Google implemented some of them, will improve them
    for wake led etc go to app --> notifications
    for allow background data on battery saver go to app --> data usage
    - Some features are obsolete (cause are already baked in), so have been removed, to name few:
    Disable volume adjust beep
    Disable Gnow gesture
    Silent mode
    Ringer mode toggle
    Expandable volume panel

Downloads are on OP:
    MD5: 3ad321fce8b622520af00b7b11ecd0a4
    SHA1: 93ac3730de2f175226b8d7e2807efde94c952fd3

Changelog:
    Everything from LP has been added to MM
    except:
    - Quick PIN Unlock
    - Enable Notification Ticker
    - Layers 2.1

This doesn't mean i won't add them in the future.
    I hope you'll be more like:

iwrx2u.jpg

then:

2eq4906.jpg
    Heya, little update.

I've successfully merged stock and base aosp, it was a long and stressful job but eventually it's done.
    Kernel is done.
    AROMA is done.
    Gapps are all updated as of today (!).

Currently running what i call a Cataclysm base 5.1 where i only need to install the usual 25mb pack every modification.

Now the best part, can finally start working on the real code, need only to merge 30k lines of Cataclysm code.
    There will be probably some conflicts like on toggles and on volume panel looking at the new stuff but the boring and hard part is done.
    No ETA but won't take long.