Jiayu S3 discussion/support MEGA Thread

Search This thread

Aussie_Oddball

Feb 21, 2015
Yep now that I look at it it makes sense thanks. The rooting I can manually remove the SU in xbin etc. But for now I am happy. Bit loath to remove root in case it hampers the lollipop upgrade. :)

Sent from my JY-S3 using XDA Free mobile app

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Request For 3GB NFC version build.prop

Someone with a 3GB NFC version who has Google Plus working, can you please share your build.prop file? I want to see if I can get Google Play Store to accept my phone as having access to the apks. Maybe some of you have spoofing as another device to get access.

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Someone with a 3GB NFC version who has Google Plus working, can you please share your build.prop file? I want to see if I can get Google Play Store to accept my phone as having access to the apks. Maybe some of you have spoofing as another device to get access.
Just flash a proper rom, or don't buy it from sellers, who "preinstall" playstore, but miss Google services.
Google+ is working out of the box

Reactions: genesisalgor

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Just flash a proper rom, or don't buy it from sellers, who "preinstall" playstore, but miss Google services.
Google+ is working out of the box

My device is not detecting in the SP Flash Tools. When I check the USB devices there s none listed when the phone is off. I tried the VolUP and VolDown mode but it's all in Chinese. I've tried in Win8 and Ubuntu.

Does anyone know if there are any required programs are needed to run on Ubuntu? I already ahve fastboot and ADB installed.

Will/should the SP Flash Tools work in ADB mode from recovery?

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

It's a bit of a piss off that I can't simple use fastboot to flash. ? or can I if I issue special nram vectors?

haasgo

May 22, 2011
Hamburg
My device is not detecting in the SP Flash Tools. When I check the USB devices there s none listed when the phone is off. I tried the VolUP and VolDown mode but it's all in Chinese. I've tried in Win8 and Ubuntu.

Does anyone know if there are any required programs are needed to run on Ubuntu? I already ahve fastboot and ADB installed.

Will/should the SP Flash Tools work in ADB mode from recovery?

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

It's a bit of a piss off that I can't simple use fastboot to flash. ? or can I if I issue special nram vectors?

Flashtool is windows only afaik. Try virtual box or emulate a windows environment. I use win 7 and everything runs fine (drivers, flashtool etc.)

Edit: heard windows 8 kinda dislikes the driver+tools package. You could try running it in compatibility mode (win7, win xp)

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Flashtool is windows only afaik. Try virtual box or emulate a windows environment. I use win 7 and everything runs fine (drivers, flashtool etc.)

Edit: heard windows 8 kinda dislikes the driver+tools package. You could try running it in compatibility mode (win7, win xp)

I do have an Ubuntu version running from the Official Website. I will test with compat mode like you said with the VirtuaBox/ Note I have UDEV rules in and VBOX is detecting all three modes of the USB, as in ADB, fastboot and normal op.

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Where are people getting the MT65xx Preloader driver from for windows? Is there a latest versions or what are the settings? The driver settings in Windows seems to be for a UART or RS232 type serial comms.

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
OK GOT IT FLASHED and Google+ is working now.

Used this Preloader driver. http://www.mediafire.com/download/7yee2of64nhl947/SP_Drivers_v1.4.rar

Here is the UDEV Rules for Linux Users;
Filename = /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
Change the GROUP to what suits. Example 'plugdev' group for Ubuntu. Make sure you add your user to the group.

Code:
#Jiayu
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTR{idProduct}=="0c01", MODE="0660", GROUP="adbusers", SYMLINK+="android%n"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTR{idProduct}=="0c02", MODE="0660", GROUP="adbusers", SYMLINK+="android%n"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0e8d", ATTR{idProduct}=="2000", MODE="0660", GROUP="adbusers", SYMLINK+="android%n"

elkosith

Aug 7, 2013
Are you experiencing rebooting from time to time i'm whit the s3w20150205 rom.. Any solutions?

I believe this is caused by background WiFi usage. Try to turn off any automatic updates or syncs.

-------------------------------------------

Finally got the 20150319 update installed.

For those who can't do OTA and got the "Your system was damaged, wireless update is disabled" error, you could try this:
- Download the update from needrom here http://www.needrom.com/download/jiayu-s3/
- Extract the file and get the update.zip, do not extract the update.zip
- Copy the update.zip to SD card on phone directory
- Run wireless update (from settings > about phone) and open options. Select Local updates.
- Select the update.zip and select update now.

Or you can boot into recovery and install the update from there

The update will not erase your apps and data.
Variety unlock and Font manager is removed.

Warning: after the update, if the phone has custom recovery, it will be erased and you'll need to re-install it.
Google service might force closed. If it does, just re-flash it using recovery (it's handy to keep gapps installer in the phone)

Last edited:

adilrenzu

Feb 27, 2011
Riyadh
ok guys
got my phone today from AliExpress after a wait of 1 month.
the phone is good and fortunately the seller has sent it out with the latest Version S3S20150213, so it already came with gapps.
One Thing i noticed is the slow USB Charge, its literary not charging

Last edited:

haasgo

May 22, 2011
Hamburg
I believe this is caused by background WiFi usage. Try to turn off any automatic updates or syncs.

-------------------------------------------

Finally got the 20150319 update installed.

For those who can't do OTA and got the "Your system was damaged, wireless update is disabled" error, you could try this:
- Download the update from needrom here http://www.needrom.com/download/jiayu-s3/
- Extract the file and get the update.zip, do not extract the update.zip
- Copy the update.zip to SD card on phone directory
- Run wireless update (from settings > about phone) and open options. Select Local updates.
- Select the update.zip and select update now.

Or you can boot into recovery and install the update from there

The update will not erase your apps and data.
Variety unlock and Font manager is removed.

Warning: after the update, if the phone has custom recovery, it will be erased and you'll need to re-install it.
Google service might force closed. If it does, just re-flash it using recovery (it's handy to keep gapps installer in the phone)

Is there any gapps package that might work with this update?

Also: it seems that this update is not wcdma enabled. Can you say anything about lte bands and radio qualitiy?

Attachments

• 1427270095572.jpg
    1427270095572.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 367

Levered

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2012
Malaysia
levered.webs.com

elkosith

Aug 7, 2013
Is there any gapps package that might work with this update?

Also: it seems that this update is not wcdma enabled. Can you say anything about lte bands and radio qualitiy?

I have it, I think its link was posted in this thread earlier. Later I'll upload it to may dropbox.
There are no changes to the band modes and radio quality.
Compared to my old phone, the S3 has a lot better radio, wifi, and GPS reception.

Top Liked Posts