[Q&A][FAQ][UG][MOAR][OA6] FAQ, Q&A and User Guide for MOAR 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

netengineer

I have a question. Is anyone having issues with people receiving duplicate text when you send a text? It doesn't show on my end but it shows on their end. It's rather annoying. I've read where it's an issue with LTE vs 3G. I have tried every SMS app you can think of.

I know it's not the ROM, I just think maybe someone had the issue and know a resolution. :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk 2

elwood

May 1, 2011
Menasha, Wisconsin
I have a question. Is anyone having issues with people receiving duplicate text when you send a text? It doesn't show on my end but it shows on their end. It's rather annoying. I've read where it's an issue with LTE vs 3G. I have tried every SMS app you can think of.

I know it's not the ROM, I just think maybe someone had the issue and know a resolution. :)

There will never be a fix because it is an issue with data transfer

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Anyone using the Edge Launcher with the s6 weather and having it disappear often when opening an app? I switched to the 5x5 Launcher and haven't had it disappear once. Curious to figure out what causes it because i remember it doing it on the 5x5 launcher with the note 4 weather widget

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: netengineer

bradk_1749

May 3, 2011
thanks for fixing the facebook stutter scroll

Hi! Wanted to say thanks for fixing that freeze/stutter while scrolling through facebook. Clean flash to 6.1 and all good!

Reactions: rompnit

Wyzer

Aug 18, 2010
Indianapolis
Question - How to: Flashing KT TW Kernel

Edit : Regarding kernel, if you like to tweak, KT Kernel is excellent, but after every settles, get the latest version from the KT site. It's been working great for me.

Software Version: GP900PVPU1BOA6
Model Number: SM-GP900P
Baseband Version: GP900PVPU1BOA6
Kernel Version: 3.40-3859396
Build Number: LRX21T.GP900PVPU1BOA6

Stock Lollipop 5.0, Rooted and have TWRP 2.8.5.0 as Recovery

Ramer, do I have to do it from within the MOAR "installer", as one of the choices is Stock or KT, or can I just "Flash" the KT TW Kernel directly from Recovery?

Thanks again for the information, waiting for my first boot on MOAR 6.1, so far its been 6 minutes....

Thanks for your time and effort.

Last edited:

Ramer

Jun 20, 2010
Sunset
Software Version: GP900PVPU1BOA6
Model Number: SM-GP900P
Baseband Version: GP900PVPU1BOA6
Kernel Version: 3.40-3859396
Build Number: LRX21T.GP900PVPU1BOA6

Stock Lollipop 5.0, Rooted and have TWRP 2.8.5.0 as Recovery

Ramer, do I have to do it from within the MOAR "installer", as one of the choices is Stock or KT, or can I just "Flash" the KT TW Kernel directly from Recovery?

Thanks again for the information, waiting for my first boot on MOAR 6.1, so far its been 6 minutes....

Thanks for your time and effort.
Just flash the latest KT Kernel directly from Recovery. :good:

Wyzer

Aug 18, 2010
Indianapolis

I take it since this is a "Sprint" thread, you are using that carrier. While it is a network issue most of the time, you can try doing a few things to make sure your end is covered. Go to "System Update" and do the "Update PRL", then "Update Profile". Also if your UICC (SIM Card for Data) is "unlocked" you may need to "re-lock" it back to the phone. I would also suggest that you turn off the phone, pull the SIM and SD card clean them, inspect the connectors of the cards, and clean the sockets with air. Make sure the SIM and SD is fully seated and "firm" (no wiggle/lift) in the sockets. If it is not "firm" in the socket, you may need a new SIM card, quickest is to go to the Sprint store.

If that does not help, then call Sprint and ask them if they are doing a network update in your area, make sure you get a Trouble Ticket number for tracking! This was the reason for my Family's phones "sending" double text's for about 2-3 months, and was cleared once Sprint was done and all PRL/Profiles were updated.

Hope this helps.

Chucklez

Sep 20, 2010
Akron, OH
Flashed this onto my G900P GS5 a couple days ago and was working fine up until today where my phone for at least a few hours now is constantly connecting and disconnecting from the mobile network. When I pull down the status bar and watch airplane mode and mobile data I will see both flash on and off every couple seconds or so (5-10 second intervals). Anyone else having this same issue?

Now since I do have Sprint Im about 50/50 on thinking its my phone or possibly Sprint themselves but with the airplane mode going on and off id assume its the phone.

Software Version: G900PVPU1ANCB
Model Number: SM-G900P
Baseband Version: G900PVPU1ANCB
Kernel Version: 3.4.0--KT-SGS5-LP5.0-TW-G900-02.25.2015--ktoonsez@ktoonsez-vm #1
Build Number: MOAR v6.1 OA6

EDIT: with no reply still I will just try and to a reflash of the rom and the new stuff 1.1 and see where that takes me.

Last edited:

Ramer

Jun 20, 2010
Sunset
Flashed this onto my G900P GS5 a couple days ago and was working fine up until today where my phone for at least a few hours now is constantly connecting and disconnecting from the mobile network. When I pull down the status bar and watch airplane mode and mobile data I will see both flash on and off every couple seconds or so (5-10 second intervals). Anyone else having this same issue?

Now since I do have Sprint Im about 50/50 on thinking its my phone or possibly Sprint themselves but with the airplane mode going on and off id assume its the phone.

Software Version: G900PVPU1ANCB
Model Number: SM-G900P
Baseband Version: G900PVPU1ANCB
Kernel Version: 3.4.0--KT-SGS5-LP5.0-TW-G900-02.25.2015--ktoonsez@ktoonsez-vm #1
Build Number: MOAR v6.1 OA6
I'm not sure what you've got going on there. You need to update your Software (Firmware) to OA6. How did you go about installing MOAR 6.1? See post #2 for installation instructions.

Chucklez

Sep 20, 2010
Akron, OH
I'm not sure what you've got going on there. You need to update your Software (Firmware) to OA6. How did you go about installing MOAR 6.1? See post #2 for installation instructions.

I thought I did do that. Long story short I went from KitKat to CM12 didnt end up liking CM12 tried to go back to kitkat and then finally decided to go to MOAR 6.1. But I could be wrong but I really thought/remember downloading the SM-G900P OA6 tar and installing it using Odin before flashing to MOAR 6.1. Could that of been causing my problem?

Ramer

Jun 20, 2010
Sunset
I thought I did do that. Long story short I went from KitKat to CM12 didnt end up liking CM12 tried to go back to kitkat and then finally decided to go to MOAR 6.1. But I could be wrong but I really thought/remember downloading the SM-G900P OA6 tar and installing it using Odin before flashing to MOAR 6.1. Could that of been causing my problem?

Could be. You might want to start from scratch and do everything in post #2, just like you were coming from Kitkat.

Reactions: Chucklez

Ramer

Jun 20, 2010
Sunset
Which one is the right one?
Which one is the right one for what? :confused:
Searching is so fulfilling for the mind. I'm guessing these posts are relevant?
Can I install CM 12 after updating firmware to OA6? Thanks.

You are asking in the wrong forum.

Which one is the right one?
So, I searched for you, and look what I found: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/unified-development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-0-android-5-0-t2945538

For the life of me, I can't understand how people can root their phone, but can't search on their own. (At least I feel better now.... :angel: )

Last edited:
Reactions: elwood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FAQ/UG no longer being updated.

Q&A - FAQ
    Removed content as only 30 of the MOAR users even know it exists.
    This is the link for the Bloat tool. Didn't you mean to post the link for v6.2H? I'm not posting the link, in case I'm reading this wrong! (It's been rock solid, including SHealth issue)

Oops.. :silly: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952600849
    Installation instructions, issues, patches and mods

Deleted by OP.
    I will be posting the following fixes tonight as a patch to 6.2F:

- Play store apps force closing
    - 3minit updated to v3.0
    To fix download problems
    (Note there is still the issue with the charging icons I think with this version)
    - Volume link mod fixed

I haven't had time to look at Shealth. Lets see how this does and the folks that are using it can report back on that one.
    Thread has been cleaned, profanity and disrespect are not tolerated on these forums.