(Guide) Root Note 3 SM-N900 5.0/Install Recovery

Search This thread

dhanmohan

Here is a full guide on how to root and install custom recovery on Galaxy Note 3 N900 Lollipop

(THIS WILL VOIDE WARRENTY,I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IF YOUR DEVICE BRICKED)

How to do root:

NOTE 1- MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE FILE FOR YOU CORRECT ROOT FILES, THE FILES ARE DIFFERENT FOR 4.4.2 AND DIFFERENT FOR 5.0

NOTE 2- IF YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO FLASH A ROM THEN NO NEED TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE, SKIP THIS AND GO TO HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY!

Step 1)Get the CF root file compatabile to your vairant from here.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423

Step 2) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Buttons together for few seconds followed by Power button then proceed with volume up.

Step 3) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Galaxy Note 3 to your computer.

Step 4) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue (or yellow) and will show the COM port number.

Step 5) Click on pda in odin (if odin 3.09 choose AP) and choose the ".tar" file.

Step 6) Tick "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options and make sure that "Re-Partition" is unchecked
!!!!DO NOT CHECK "Nand Erase All" IN ANY WAY!!!!

Step 7) Click on Start button in ODIN window to start the flashing process. The process will take few minutes to complete.

DO NOT UNPLUG USB CABLE WHILE EXECUTING THE PROCESS, YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE!

Step 8) When the installation is completed, you read a "Reset " then a "Pass". your phone will restart

How To Install Custom Recovery
Download The Recovery Image You Want
For TWRP:
Download TWRP IMG From Here:

http://dl.twrp.me/ha3g/

(I dont have other recovery img links.. its your homework :p)

After downloading go to playstore and download :

Flashify: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify&hl=en

AFter Installing Flashify Open it and grant SuperSu Permission

Then Choose: Recovey Image

Then: Choose A File And browse the twrp.img file you downloaded and Select it and select yup..

It Will Flash TWRP For Your Phone
And Then Select Reboot.. It Will Reboot Into TWRP Recovery
ROCK AND ROLL NOW :D

Credits:
@CF-Auto-Root
@TWRP Recovery

Attachments

• TWRP.jpg
    TWRP.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 7,982
  • BOOT.jpg
    BOOT.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 7,949
  • ROOT.jpg
    ROOT.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 7,910
Last edited:

dhanmohan

If you wanna root kitkat its available but if you want rootfor lollipop its not available now... may be out soon.. you can check yourself from cf root website.. only n900s kitkat available

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

Miaow93

Feb 8, 2015
wuhan
tks for your detailed guide!

and there have another way to root your device:
1.download supersu.zip to your phone memory or sd card .
2.flash rec customed by odin
NO CHICK THE AOTUREBOOT! you can wait few secs after flash over
3 . Manual reboot (by volume up + home button and power )into rec and flash SU.zip
4.reboot and enjoying it !

dhanmohan

tks for your detailed guide!

and there have another way to root your device:
1.download supersu.zip to your phone memory or sd card .
2.flash rec customed by odin
NO CHICK THE AOTUREBOOT! you can wait few secs after flash over
3 . Manual reboot (by volume up + home button and power )into rec and flash SU.zip
4.reboot and enjoying it !

yep i tried it.. it didn't worked for me bro.. so i figured this one and it worked..

Miaow93

Feb 8, 2015
wuhan
yep i tried it.. it didn't worked for me bro.. so i figured this one and it worked..

as we know, phone will flash the rec failed if you select reboot button directly while flash the TWRP.rar though ODIN .
mostly rebooting into rec is still officials,.
so somebody flash it no select reboot , in that way ,we can flashed it successly by manually reboot after a few secs or more than ten secs,
i don't know why but it can be completed.
after that, we can flash su.zip as same as a rom.

i do not know what is your problem ,
forgiving my poor English and i try to describe what I mean clear。

i ll tell you what i know : )
PS:in china ,we use the CWM rec more time than TWRP

dhanmohan

as we know, phone will flash the rec failed if you select reboot button directly while flash the TWRP.rar though ODIN .
mostly rebooting into rec is still officials,.
so somebody flash it no select reboot , in that way ,we can flashed it successly by manually reboot after a few secs or more than ten secs,
i don't know why but it can be completed.
after that, we can flash su.zip as same as a rom.

i do not know what is your problem ,
forgiving my poor English and i try to describe what I mean clear。

i ll tell you what i know : )
PS:in china ,we use the CWM rec more time than TWRP

i tried to flash twrp through odin but its still stock recovery..didn't flashed twrp.. so i root through cf root and flashed twrp through flashify app and it worked... i use only twrp.. but you can try other Recovery's also.. but i didn't tried other Recovery's..

Miaow93

Feb 8, 2015
wuhan
i tried to flash twrp through odin but its still stock recovery..didn't flashed twrp.. so i root through cf root and flashed twrp through flashify app and it worked... i use only twrp.. but you can try other Recovery's also.. but i didn't tried other Recovery's..
Yep!
I just remembered something a few minutes ago.
the twrp can flashed success just in android 4.4 or 4.4's BL .

Forgive me waste your time.
my previous words without trial,:-[

if you want to try the cwm rec ,please tell me .
I can think of a way to share with you, that would be a bit different.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

a little regret ,the new version cwm does not support English.

There is embarrassing for me ,
oh,god

dhanmohan

Yep!
I just remembered something a few minutes ago.
the twrp can flashed success just in android 4.4 or 4.4's BL .

Forgive me waste your time.
my previous words without trial,:-[

if you want to try the cwm rec ,please tell me .
I can think of a way to share with you, that would be a bit different.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

a little regret ,the new version cwm does not support English.

There is embarrassing for me ,
oh,god

ohh i don't know about cwm as i don't use them

skssha

Aug 29, 2009
India, Ranipet
While flashing recovery pl ensure usb debugging enabled in developpers option. For me flashing of recovery failed till i enabled usb debugging. This is my experience.

Skssha

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

Prolab

Nov 9, 2007
Toronto
Thanks. Finally flashed stock Lollipop Rogers ROM and have rooted and installed TWRP recovery.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a full guide on how to root and install custom recovery on Galaxy Note 3 N900 Lollipop

(THIS WILL VOIDE WARRENTY,I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IF YOUR DEVICE BRICKED)

How to do root:

NOTE 1- MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE FILE FOR YOU CORRECT ROOT FILES, THE FILES ARE DIFFERENT FOR 4.4.2 AND DIFFERENT FOR 5.0

NOTE 2- IF YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO FLASH A ROM THEN NO NEED TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE, SKIP THIS AND GO TO HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY!

Step 1)Get the CF root file compatabile to your vairant from here.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423

Step 2) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Buttons together for few seconds followed by Power button then proceed with volume up.

Step 3) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Galaxy Note 3 to your computer.

Step 4) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue (or yellow) and will show the COM port number.

Step 5) Click on pda in odin (if odin 3.09 choose AP) and choose the ".tar" file.

Step 6) Tick "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options and make sure that "Re-Partition" is unchecked
    !!!!DO NOT CHECK "Nand Erase All" IN ANY WAY!!!!

Step 7) Click on Start button in ODIN window to start the flashing process. The process will take few minutes to complete.

DO NOT UNPLUG USB CABLE WHILE EXECUTING THE PROCESS, YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE!

Step 8) When the installation is completed, you read a "Reset " then a "Pass". your phone will restart

How To Install Custom Recovery
    Download The Recovery Image You Want
    For TWRP:
    Download TWRP IMG From Here:

http://dl.twrp.me/ha3g/

(I dont have other recovery img links.. its your homework :p)

After downloading go to playstore and download :

Flashify: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify&hl=en

AFter Installing Flashify Open it and grant SuperSu Permission

Then Choose: Recovey Image

Then: Choose A File And browse the twrp.img file you downloaded and Select it and select yup..

It Will Flash TWRP For Your Phone
    And Then Select Reboot.. It Will Reboot Into TWRP Recovery
    ROCK AND ROLL NOW :D

Credits:
    @CF-Auto-Root
    @TWRP Recovery
    Hi all.
    Thanks for the guide :)
    If i want get custom recovery and root access, its possible to keep all data?

Yes .
    Is there root for Note 3 N900s available?