[4.4.4] MicroKernel-r1

Search This thread

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Info:
Hey guys this is MicroKernel, this is the complementary kernel to the highly acclaimed MicroKat ROM!
I will work on backporting alot of features from the popular Lollipop kernels present here while maintaining good performance and battery life.

Features:
- Stock KK Kernel
- Linaro 4.8 Generic
- Backported lots of features (check changelog)

Changelog:
Spreadsheet

Download:
Google Drive

Source-code & building:
GitHub
Building: Ive made building this kernel so easy its literally copy pasta, see this for super simple build instructions.

Credits:
- Motorola ~ kernel source
- Luca & Luk ~ help, build fixes & gcc 4.9 support
- Slukk, DC07, Anas Karbila - Cherry Picks

XDA:DevDB Information
MicroKernel, Kernel for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
Pizza_Dox
Source Code: https://github.com/DiamondBond/MicroKernel

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-04-13
Last Updated 2015-04-17

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Thanks again Pizza :)
BTW is ur device unbricked

:) Yeah unbricked it recently, lol, took it for repair and i didnt have to give them an excuse since it was a hardware issue, :D glad i paid the extra 30$ for that hardware warranty lol it was an issue with the pmic (power management integrated controller), it broke charging past 3%, they fixed it and now my device charges faster and dosnt have weird behavior anymore :)

Reactions: hkjareda

haytham.kenway

Mar 13, 2013
Mumbai,Virar
Whoa custom Kernel for KK :D could you add MSM-hotplug and intelliplug once again thanks for your contribution appreciate that :fingers-crossed::good:

Krishna Eyunni

Jan 20, 2015
How to install kernel? sorry i'm new to this.

just download the kernel and place it into your sd card and boot into recovery by turning off your device and holding power button and volume down button for 5 seconds and release them and you will go to fastboot and then hit the volume down and then volume up button you will go to recovery and hit install and navigate to the zip you downloaded and flash it .........:good:

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

yes ! it does support xt1068:p

Reactions: Hankmg5

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
yay!! kitkat kernel with cm12 kernel features..can't wait :D thank's @Pizza_Dox
:D
just download the kernel and place it into your sd card and boot into recovery by turning off your device and holding power button and volume down button for 5 seconds and release them and you will go to fastboot and then hit the volume down and then volume up button you will go to recovery and hit install and navigate to the zip you downloaded and flash it .........:good:

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

yes ! it does support xt1068:p

Thanks for helping out ;)

note to all: b4 has i/o optimizations and new build flags, all in all, should be better performance and etc... im slowly adding features so i can isolate errors and etc...

enjoy! ;)

matyrock

Jul 30, 2012
AnTuTu score :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-14-13-41-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-14-13-41-38.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Reactions: DiamondBond

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Apps randomly force close and can't open until I reinstall.

Sent from my XT1068 using XDA Free mobile app
Further information would be helpful, device (68,69 or 63,64), rom (microkat, stock kitkat, exactly what rom ;) ), did you wipe dalvik cache and cache when flashing and what version did you flash :)
:D wow i wasnt expecting that lol, it will get better though once i really start working on the kernel, today i was very busy with some other stuff :)
Is there a way to use it on cm11 ? on stock works perfect
Hmmm as far as i know, nope.. :) thanks!

matyrock

Jul 30, 2012
And to think that is in beta ... I hope much from this kernel! For now all is working without bugs :D Will report bugs in future updates. ;)

Reactions: Krishna Eyunni

Monratis

Jan 4, 2015
Further information would be helpful, device (68,69 or 63,64), rom (microkat, stock kitkat, exactly what rom ;) ), did you wipe dalvik cache and cache when flashing and what version did you flash :)

:D wow i wasnt expecting that lol, it will get better though once i really start working on the kernel, today i was very busy with some other stuff :)

Hmmm as far as i know, nope.. :) thanks!
Using it with your room ;) works really nice
Waiting for dt2w :3
And is it possible to have notifications in lockscreen like in lolipop i miss it

revenat

Feb 20, 2014
Buenos Aires
Seems to be a very good kernel.. Congratulations, dev!
Im on stock 4.4.4 now and, after next MicroKernel update, i will flash it inmediatly.

Will be checking this thread.. I hope next update will be soon here to download and test it!

Thx again! :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts