Votes: 145 39.5%
  • MMS issue

Votes: 8 2.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Safarend

Oct 8, 2010
Riyadh
The new source looks good as there is a change in the camera files I think (Kernel/drivers/media/video/exynos)

Code:
diff --brief -r old/ new/
Only in new/Kernel/arch/arm/configs: ha3g_00_variant_defconfig
Only in new/Kernel/arch/arm/configs: ha3g_03_defconfig
Only in old/Kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/mali400/ump: arch-pb-virtex5
Only in old/Kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/mali400/ump/common: ump_uk_types.h
Files old/Kernel/drivers/gpu/ion/exynos/exynos_ion.c and new/Kernel/drivers/gpu/ion/exynos/exynos_ion.c differ
Files old/Kernel/drivers/media/video/exynos/mfc/s5p_mfc.c and new/Kernel/drivers/media/video/exynos/mfc/s5p_mfc.c differ
Files old/Kernel/drivers/media/video/exynos/mfc/s5p_mfc_common.h and new/Kernel/drivers/media/video/exynos/mfc/s5p_mfc_common.h differ
Files old/Kernel/drivers/media/video/exynos/mfc/s5p_mfc_ctrl.c and new/Kernel/drivers/media/video/exynos/mfc/s5p_mfc_ctrl.c differ
Files old/Kernel/drivers/misc/max77803-muic.c and new/Kernel/drivers/misc/max77803-muic.c differ
Files old/Kernel/drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/bcmsdh_sdmmc_linux.c and new/Kernel/drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/bcmsdh_sdmmc_linux.c differ
Files old/Kernel/drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/wl_cfg80211.c and new/Kernel/drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/wl_cfg80211.c differ
Files old/Kernel/drivers/sensorhub/stm/ssp_firmware.c and new/Kernel/drivers/sensorhub/stm/ssp_firmware.c differ
Files old/Kernel/firmware/ssp_H_3G.fw.ihex and new/Kernel/firmware/ssp_H_3G.fw.ihex differ
Files old/Kernel/include/linux/exynos_ion.h and new/Kernel/include/linux/exynos_ion.h differ

I have attached the new kernel files (above) if you already have the previous LL source code. Just copy it and paste it in your kernel files ( I copied them using --parents so drag and drop devs)

Attachments

• Kernel_SM-N900_CIS_LL.tar.gz
    358.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

egean

Oct 27, 2012
marmaris
Hope new source will solve our little problems, lets wait for devs to work on it :)

EDIT: I have a question about lines in @Safarend 's post. It says driver->mali400 but i don't think this is our gpu model? Mali T628 and Mali400 are same or not?

Last edited:
Reactions: note3freak

Safarend

Oct 8, 2010
Riyadh
Hope new source will solve our little problems, lets wait for devs to work on it :)

EDIT: I have a question about lines in @Safarend 's post. It says driver->mali400 but i don't think this is our gpu model? Mali T628 and Mali400 are same or not?

Not the same. I compiled the source code using the new kernel but I didn't notice any change. All bugs still exists.

sulaimanalmani

Aug 8, 2012
Is the mobile data fixed? If you, on which page is the fix?

P.s is the new souce (or whatever it is) gonna do any good?

WideBRs

Oct 27, 2014
Itu
@djmax81 when will we get the camera fix ? :/
Is there any ETA ?
If not then we have to wait for another long time I guess

You just pointed out a bug EVERYONE knows about, and now you're asking for an ETA even when the dev asked not to do so. You could help this community by: A)- Fixing a bug or B)- Not posting useless stuff and waiting like everyone else. I believe option B would be good in your case.

masaichris

Jun 2, 2013
Dar es Salaam
Quick Advice

We understand the love for CyanogenMod that lives among us and many others, we also understand the urge people have for the need to use CM12 on their beloved SM-N900. But what everyone needs to understand is that development of a Stable ROM is work that requires peace of mind and pure dedication to reach the goals required. The developers @flashka07 and @djmax81 have provided the dedication to bring us the ROM, so let us in turn provide them with the Peace of Mind to allow them to work on the ROM. We should also understand that the developers also have different activities to handle and daily lives to live, so let us not treat them as if developing this ROM is their full time job.

So, before posting and asking questions like:
  • What is the ETA
  • When is the Camera fix coming?
Please first read quickly or skim through the thread and see what questions have already been asked and answered to. Instead of posting repeating questions, lets post helpful information that may assist the developers to reach our mutual goal as soon as possible. This should be taken into consideration especially by the Newcomers to this Thread.

FYI: Just saying, but please take it seriously.

egean

Oct 27, 2012
marmaris
Guys, i found something interesting about camera. Actually i dont know if it means somethi g but just wanted to share :) While listening to music, if you try to open an app which wants to use camera(snapchat,instagram,etc.) Music skips itself. This happened to me every single time. Maybe this issue has something in common with our camera problem.

Hope you all having a good day:)

Safarend

Oct 8, 2010
Riyadh
@djmax81
@flashka07

Hey Devs,
I'm trying to fix the camera :silly: but it didnt work at all. Same result every time.
Tried to copy settings from i9500, klimtwifi, basicly any device that has exynos54** but no luck. I'm trying all possible combination.
I know you are busy but a hint where to look can be helpful.

The files that I cannot touch because they are complicated to me for now are the following:
  • rootdir/
  • sepolicy/
Are they worth looking into because I need to study them (bootloop causer)?
Why do we have in sepolicy/file_contexts
Code:
/dev/v4l-subdev[0-9]*   u:object_r:video_device:s0
instead of the following which match the stock lollipop? (I guess)
Code:
/dev/v4l-subdev[0-9]*   u:object_r:camera_device:s0
Thanks guys

Last edited:

flashka07

Nov 18, 2011
@djmax81
@flashka07

Hey Devs,
I'm trying to fix the camera :silly: but it didnt work at all. Same result every time.
Tried to copy settings from i9500, klimtwifi, basicly any device that has exynos54** but no luck. I'm trying all possible combination.
I know you are busy but a hint where to look can be helpful.

The files that I cannot touch because they are complicated to me for now are the following:
  • rootdir/
  • sepolicy/
Are they worth looking into because I need to study them (bootloop causer)?
Why do we have in sepolicy/file_contexts
Code:
/dev/v4l-subdev[0-9]*   u:object_r:video_device:s0
instead of the following which match the stock lollipop? (I guess)
Code:
/dev/v4l-subdev[0-9]*   u:object_r:camera_device:s0
Thanks guys

It is not important now, since selinux is disabled in kernel. I patched camera wrapper in January to make library linkage possible, but now we have a runtime fault because of gralloc module may be.
RaymanFX's script made a thing (that creates a CameraID.txt file), but it is not enough.

Safarend

Oct 8, 2010
Riyadh
It is not important now, since selinux is disabled in kernel. I patched camera wrapper in January to make library linkage possible, but now we have a runtime fault because of gralloc module may be.
RaymanFX's script made a thing (that creates a CameraID.txt file), but it is not enough.

Yeah I saw the CameraID.txt hack. Will do more research in what you have pointed thanks :good:

Safarend

Oct 8, 2010
Riyadh
@djmax81
@flashka07
Sorry to bother you guys again.

I played a lot with gralloc but always end up with bootloop :crying:

So I tried to fix one error by a time and I hate the omx error so I changed the media_codecs.xml file and similar files media_*.xml and the omx errors are gone and the camera are giving more information like setPreviewSize with actual sizes instead of zeros check log for more dets.

But there are only one error which kills the mediaserver and I don't know how to fix it.

Please devs check the lines in logcat attached:
553:
Code:
E/ExynosCameraHWImpl( 2343): invalid gralloc handle (at 0xb1d11040)
--------- beginning of crash
F/libc    ( 2343): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0xc in tid 4085 (CameraStartThre)
617:
Code:
I/DEBUG   ( 2338): backtrace:
I/DEBUG   ( 2338):     #00 pc 0003d536  /system/lib/libexynoscamera.so (android::ExynosCameraHWImpl::m_getPreviewCallbackBuffer()+773)
I/DEBUG   ( 2338):     #01 pc 0003d79f  /system/lib/libexynoscamera.so (android::ExynosCameraHWImpl::m_startThreadFuncBufAlloc()+110)
I/DEBUG   ( 2338):     #02 pc 0003d841  /system/lib/libexynoscamera.so
I/DEBUG   ( 2338):     #03 pc 0000eeb5  /system/lib/libutils.so (android::Thread::_threadLoop(void*)+112)
I/DEBUG   ( 2338):     #04 pc 0000ea25  /system/lib/libutils.so
I/DEBUG   ( 2338):     #05 pc 00013fa3  /system/lib/libc.so (__pthread_start(void*)+30)
I/DEBUG   ( 2338):     #06 pc 00011f93  /system/lib/libc.so (__start_thread+6)

It seems like thread problem, is this issue related to what @crpalmer said
On at least the current Exynos based devices, the vendor's HAL
appears to be unable to handle the threaded startup
Do I have to add this to the overlay Camera2 res ?
<bool name="enableThreadedCameraStartup">false</bool>
If I created an app that takes a picture without using threads is it worth a try?
Any hint will help as I'm running out of time (Doing my thesis)
Thanks for the help guys

Attachments

• camera_log.txt
    90 KB · Views: 37

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */
    Requirements:
    • Any Custom Recovery
    • Lollipop base or flash this if you are on kitkat before flashing this ROM(Lollipop Bootloader)

Clean Install Recommended
    1. Download the appropriate ROM using links below.
    2. Download the appropriate GApps following the links below.
    3. Back up any and all important data.
    5. WIPE DALVIK/CACHE/DATA/FACTORY RESET.
    6. WIPE SYSTEM.
    7. Flash the ROM in recovery.
    8. Flash the GApps.
    9. Reboot Device.

CM 12.1 installation - If you update from older CM 12.1
    1. Download the appropriate ROM using links below.
    2. Back up any and all important data.
    3. WIPE DALVIK/CACHE.
    4. Flash the ROM in recovery.
    5. Reboot Device.

Downloads
    CyanogenMod 12.1

Mega- Google Drive

CM12.1 (2015-12-26) Latest security updates + new settings apps for our device + fixed call/data bug
    md5sum: 3076d32f6495140dda48b4c45c7d2328
    sha1sum: a2ee8a27ea569cb21b4e49f993e0265cae010e0a

Gapps
    Download the one with the title: Lollipop Base Gapps package for 5.1.1
    [GAPPS][CM11][CM12.x][4.4.4][5.0.2][5.1.x] Delta Gapps With Modular Addons (All DPI)

Source
    Local Manifests
    Device tree
    Kernel
    Vendor files

Credits
    CyanogenMod
    flashka07
    djmax81
    Safarend

Google Document for old builds here.
    Good News

I successfully increased/decreased the Incoming voice volume while in call (NO REBOOT :D ).

Since it is a hack it will take sometime to integrate it to the call application (I'm using adb for now).
    Maybe 2-4 days and I will build a fresh one with the hack/fix.

:good:
    Fixed issues
    • Mobile data - 19.04.2015 (fixed by djmax81)
    • Some sensors - 05.04.2015
    • Calls (works with echo) - 25.04.2015
    • Lagging UI - 05.04.2015
    • SPen (just no visible pointer) - 25.04.2015
    • Camera - 19.04.2015 (fixed by Safarend)
    • Glitches - 25.04.2015 (fixed by Safarend)
    • InCall Volume - 31.07.2015 (fixed by Safarend)
      [*] Camera picture quality is low 27.08.2015 (fixed by @Alberto96 commit)
    • MMS does not work 31.08.2015 (fixed by Ed Mancebo commit)
    • Camera video quality is low 11.09.2015 Fix Video Quality thank to @clau_la2
    • Not battery friendly 12.09.2015 Optimized battery life
    • Fixed battery light 29.10.2015 commit
    • Fixed battery off charging wake up 13.11.2015
    • Added new app for extra settings 24.12.2015

Current issues
    • Camera not connected : Use third party apps to connect it example
    FYI: finally Data fixed (3g and 2g) including ExtSDcard mount fixed.And other minor bugs like lag in UI also fixed 60 to 70 percent .
    To be fixed :
    1).Camera
    2).Audio (when voice call )
    3).other small issues
    Update:

I'm now trying to build our ROM using CyanogenMod 5420 kernel, if it works with it without changing much we can then submit the code to them to create an official build.