Xperia Z1 Compact [ INDIAN Users ]

Which color Xperia Z1 Compact you will buy ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

sajitharsan

Nov 25, 2011
Guys, If someone successfully root their Lollipop, please share how. My bootloader has been locked post Lollipop update.

Just flashed firmware kk108 in flashtool then rooted, installed recovery and then flashed lollipop prerooted firmware

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

Working for Me on default regions.

Has anyone from India got the close all button for recent apps? From other threads, it is only in certain region firmwares. I don't have it.

No but we can add it if we are rooted

Reactions: pathaniya

sajitharsan

Nov 25, 2011
Just flashed firmware kk108 in flashtool then rooted, installed recovery and then flashed lollipop prerooted firmware

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

Like this

Attachments

• 1429402902677.jpg
    1429402902677.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 139

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014

Yes but there are no methods to root with locked bootloader for Lollipop firmware as of now. Does Your method work for locked bootloader?

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
good question, is your bootloader unlocked? and btw, there is no Indian FTF in the forum. am waiting for it. Or debloated flashable stock rom.

sajitharsan

Nov 25, 2011
Yes but there are no methods to root with locked bootloader for Lollipop firmware as of now. Does Your method work for locked bootloader?

My bootloader is locked, i never unlocked. Flashing ftf in flash tool doesn't void your warranty. You can flash with locked bootloader. I'm still locked and rooted.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

good question, is your bootloader unlocked? and btw, there is no Indian FTF in the forum. am waiting for it. Or debloated flashable stock rom.

I made it with Indian firmware I'll try to upload but my network its too slow that's the problem and I'm in locked bootloader.

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
My bootloader is locked, i never unlocked. Flashing ftf in flash tool doesn't void your warranty. You can flash with locked bootloader. I'm still locked and rooted.

I made it with Indian firmware I'll try to upload but my network its too slow that's the problem and I'm in locked bootloader.
Okay.
I have been uploading one, will be done by night. Will post the link here after done.
Edit: Here is the link to ftf.

Last edited:

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
Thanks, let us know that, when ever you do that. Custom ROM ruin the Camera 's potential and non-rooted stock ROM ruin the handsets potential. classic Catch 22.

Yeah, even though I have just brought the phone, needed to root it for various purposes!
Anyways, here is the link to PRF. I have created it using the firmware from previous post, the recovery being locked bootloader XZDualRecovery version 2.8.12 from here thanks to @Nut and root by SuperSU v2.46 thanks to @Chainfire. Obviously You need a recovery for it, and as always, backup before You flash. Am working on a bloatware removal script, will update that too soon.

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
Yeah, even though I have just brought the phone, needed to root it for various purposes!
Anyways, here is the link to PRF. I have created it using the firmware from previous post, the recovery being locked bootloader XZDualRecovery version 2.8.12 from here thanks to @Nut and root by SuperSU v2.46 thanks to @Chainfire. Obviously You need a recovery for it, and as always, backup before You flash. Am working on a bloatware removal script, will update that too soon.

PRF = Pre Rooted Firmware right? This one is pre-rooted right?

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
Yeah, since You do not unlock bootloader at any point. Still, taking backup wouldn't hurt!

Btw, i followed this guide in daze :p
http://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/general/trick-rooting-stock-lollipop-14-5-0-242-t3085888
It worked though. But it wipes out your internal drive/storage. And in daze i forgot :cyclops:

Anyway, I have installed Viper Audio on Z1c for more details watch this
http://xdaforums.com/android/general/guide-how-to-make-viper4android-5-0-x-t3018961
If you haven't used or even heard of it you are probably watching too TV :laugh:

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
Yes. Your method is better, unlocking boot loader hampers performance of stock, e.g. Audio jitters sometimes. I lost some of it. But it's OK.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: getvaisakh

getvaisakh

Nov 27, 2012
Kerala
unlocking boot loader hampers performance of stock, e.g. Audio jitters sometimes. I lost some of it. But it's OK.

Now I know why I have those jitters.. Thanks. I wanted to try the above method as locked bootloader not have this issue.. I tried to restore TA but end up with softbrick :D
Then I opened flashtool and selected lollipop ftf and selected Bootbundle, patition, ta, kernel and unchecked data ( i dont want to loose those :p ). Flashed.
When I check the service menu, I can see that my bootloader is locked again.. (Boot loader Unlock allowed:YES)
Let me see if that audio problem is rectified .. Btw I still have root.
Thanks again

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
Now I know why I have those jitters.. Thanks. I wanted to try the above method as locked bootloader not have this issue.. I tried to restore TA but end up with softbrick :D
Then I opened flashtool and selected lollipop ftf and selected Bootbundle, patition, ta, kernel and unchecked data ( i dont want to loose those :p ). Flashed.
When I check the service menu, I can see that my bootloader is locked again.. (Boot loader Unlock allowed:YES)
Let me see if that audio problem is rectified .. Btw I still have root.
Thanks again

Haha! Smart guy you are. Audio Jitters probably could be rectified by custom kernel, probably, not sure, though I've tried that on my X10i but no success. Boot loader unlocked ain't cool.

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
Hi guys, after uodating to lollipop i am facing some battery issue.. Battery sometimes drop from 90% to 75% or simply 15/20% to 1%.. in kitkat I never faced it.. So anyone facing this issue on lollipop or I am having thr bad luck?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope..don't have it

Now Available

Update is now available on Xperifirm

attachment.php
    Oh sorry, im new here and my english is not that good...
    ...im not from india :-/
    Got mine through ebay using flat 10% coupon. Ended up paying just 30k. :D
    Bargain at this price to be honest. Had no plans to buy this. But saw the offer and jumped in. My first Xperia since X10 and Ray.
    Not a fan of Sony bloat to be honest. I am not going to use any of those services, but then by now we are used to bloat from all mainstream manufacturers. So far so good.
    Sony is giving away case and accidental damage insurance free with this phone. So make sure you get yours when you make the purchase.
    Box has phone, charger, stereo headset, Usb cable, instruction/information booklets, warranty card . Free flip case from Sony as promotional offer. But it is separate package.

From my Xperia Z1 Compact, in your face!