[ROM] Official Cyanogenmod 12.1 (nightly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

y@$h98

Nov 11, 2014
I think he means settings mobile networks.
It FC's every time you try to open it.
This bug has been there since a long time...

Reactions: tatun_g

Membrillo007

May 26, 2012
Nowhere
Can someone up a mirror to download the latest build? Official server seems to be down :/

Tap-a-talked from my Moto G (2013) running AOSP+ 5.1 / Decepticon Kernel / Lollipop

shibliaftab

Feb 10, 2012
Aligarh
recovery didt get updated

I checked the "update recovery with system update", but after installing 5.1 my recovery didn't get updated. My flashed recovery is twrp. It didn't get updated to cm recovery after installation of 5.1. Why? I really need original recovery in my phone. Please someone help.

thuva06

Nov 18, 2013
Dubai
April 19th ZIP available on download section, but no OTA shows on my phone. The changelog says nothing about the last update.

flashed the 19th date rom with pa pico pack setup wizard is force closing
downloaded the base gapps and trying to flash now will report back whether it works or not

EDIT:

19th build setup is continuously forceclosing during the setup wizard process tried both pa pico and base gapps no luck. used both twrp and philz recovery even just flashed the rom without the gapps isnt helping to cross the setup wizard

Last edited:

mitesh05

Jun 11, 2014
for those who are facing setup wizard problems ... just remove the sim cards from your phone and set up the phone after that u can put the sims it will work ... all 5.1 gapps works well no issues with that , there is a problem while setting up mobile sim set up ... they will be fixing it in later builds... happy flashing :)

roshan2989

Apr 10, 2012
Purgatory
Guys try this method,i just flash cm12.1 the 19th build with gapps and force ss(single sim method) seems to be working fine on my side..

thuva06

Nov 18, 2013
Dubai
for those who are facing setup wizard problems ... just remove the sim cards from your phone and set up the phone after that u can put the sims it will work ... all 5.1 gapps works well no issues with that , there is a problem while setting up mobile sim set up ... they will be fixing it in later builds... happy flashing :)

did as you said and is working perfectly

XT1033 CM12.1 (20150419) Review

I hated lollipop both stock and the roms since it was damn slower than 4.4.4 stock and roms
i had no hope on 5.1 making it any better but CM12.1 proved me wrong !

the rom is damn smooth that 5.0 animations are more smoother here in 5.1

overall performance is totally good so fast including multitasking and other functions.

There is no memory leaks here now that means more ram and more stability.

this is gonna be my daily driver here on. will report back incase if there are any bugs :)

mitesh05

Jun 11, 2014
did as you said and is working perfectly

XT1033 CM12.1 (20150419) Review

I hated lollipop both stock and the roms since it was damn slower than 4.4.4 stock and roms
i had no hope on 5.1 making it any better but CM12.1 proved me wrong !

the rom is damn smooth that 5.0 animations are more smoother here in 5.1

overall performance is totally good so fast including multitasking and other functions.

There is no memory leaks here now that means more ram and more stability.

this is gonna be my daily driver here on. will report back incase if there are any bugs :)

enjoy :)

hmnk

Oct 29, 2011
[Q] CM12.1 / XPOSED Framework / CM12 Themes compatibility

Hello XDAns..
Sorry for posting questions without doing thorough reading regarding my doubts.
I'm really busy and hardly get time to go through the forums here. I'm currently running CM12 and I'm thinking of updating to CM 12.1.
My doubts:
  • Does XPOSED work on CM 12.1?
  • Will the CM12 themes work on CM12.1 flawlessly?

Thank you!!

Cheers!!

sathvik07

Jan 12, 2015
Hello XDAns..
Sorry for posting questions without doing thorough reading regarding my doubts.
I'm really busy and hardly get time to go through the forums here. I'm currently running CM12 and I'm thinking of updating to CM 12.1.
My doubts:
  • Does XPOSED work on CM 12.1?
  • Will the CM12 themes work on CM12.1 flawlessly?

Thank you!!

Cheers!!

Xposed may not be stable but cm12 themes will work flawlessly...;)

Reactions: hmnk

sjandroiddeveloper

Jan 16, 2015
What about USB otg ? Is it working?

Yes working flawlessly

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I can't see any updates in setting √CyanogenMod updates

But I can see them on CyanogenMod's page as well as cyandelta app although cyandelta is not showing the changelog

I am on 20150417 nightly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-12-1-rom.jpg

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The “L” is for Lollipop
    some words of wisdom:

1- This is an Android 5.0.1 Lollipop-based release - update your third party addons to ensure compatibility
    2- The CM backupscript.sh in recovery will ignore and remove incompatible applications from your system partition (these are usually non-CM apps that users have opted to install). You must install a compatible app (or app pack) to regain that functionality
    3- You can flash CM12 nightlies directly from CM11 M12 or CM 11 nightlies (no need to wipe), provided you read and followed items 1 and 2
    ALLERT:
    4- Once one CM12 nightlies, you cannot downgrade back to CM11 – if you are thinking of just exploring the release, then take a backup of your existing installation if you want to go back to it.

5- You’ll need an L compatible recovery
    Happy Flashing, :)[/QUOTE]

Latest features :
    • Adaptative Brightness : Increase brightness faster if ambient light is brightening quickly
    • Ambiant Display (with both hand wave and Pocket mode) X ==> This feature has been removed (buggy), Use AcDisplay instead (See FAQ)
    • Themes : Multiwallpaper support
    • Quick Settings : added Sync tile
    • LiveDisplay : Optimize screen based on time of day and ambiant conditions to improve readability and reduce eyestrain

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 For Falcon, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    matmutant, luca020400, Yuuki Mikan, Ethan Chen, AOSP, Google, CyanogenMod
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CyanogenMod 11, Lollipop Rom based
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-07
    Last Updated 2015-11-30
    HOW TO : Download, Install, Update, Enjoy!

LINKs:
    All Downloads
    UPDATED AT: 29/05/2015 Still Nightly!

REMEMBER:
    Better use TWRP 2.8.6.0/2.8.7.0

HOW TO INSTALL
    Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader, a Lollipop compatible Custom Recovery and the Downloaded Zips.

1. Place the rom and other like Gapps on the internal Storage or on a USB OTG
    2. Reboot to recovery using the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    3. Do Wipes (Data, Cache, Dalvik and System partitions) if you are in a different ROM.
    4. Select the Zips
    5. Swipe to install (if using TWRP)
    6. Reboot and wait 2-3 min
    Pro-TIP : To avoid GPS locking issue, refer to #Q7 of the CM12 dedicated FAQ

HOW TO DIRTY UPDATE
    1. Download the rom zip using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta...
    2. Press update.
    3. Wait 2-3 min

HOW TO CLEAN UPDATE : this kind of update helps to avoid any update related issues
    1. ProTip : Read the Changelog and disable features that have been updated between your build and the latest build (this is important when Theme features are updated and it could break things, same for Ambient Display which is a "new" feature)
    2. Download the rom zip on the CM Website or using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta... make sure you have gapps zip on your device
    3. Reboot to recovery using the power menu or the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    4. Format /system, /cache and /dalvik-cache (advance format in wipe menu of TWRP); do NOT Wipe DATA!
    5. Select the Zips
    6. Swipe to install
    7. Reboot and wait 2-3 min

PLEASE USE THIS FAQ THREAD:
    FAQ
    Known BUGS:
    Common to all variants:
    • Random Black screen with Ambiant display when getting notifications (extremely rare, and i was never able to reproduce it intentionally, but it happened twice on my device)
    • GPS issue : the GPS may not be able to lock position after Install, to fix, simply take the time to read #Q7 of the FAQ

XT1032:

XT1033 :

XT1031/28:
    • Native SMS/MMS is broken. Send button is disabled on the native app but Hangouts or another third party app works eg Textra, 8sms etc...

Before reporting any issue, read FAQ in case an issue appeared and already has a workaround or a temporary fix.

BUGTracker: JIRA
    From The Official CyanogenMod JIRA Page, click the Down Arrow on the Issues menu, click Search for issues, and enter your search terms for the bug or issue you are interested in finding. Be sure Status is set to all to see if your issue has been fixed already. If you do find an unresolved existing bug report, you can click the vote link on the right of the issue to show your support for having this bug fixed.
    If you do not have a solution or further technical details to provide not already covered, there is no need to make a comment.

In the next build:
    On CM12.1
    This Monday first snapshot for falcon will be released :)
    Happy flashing

Sent from my Moto G 2014 LTE using Tapatalk