Kustom Rom Beta 1.5

What would you like to see next?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
I'm still working on the update file but it will be uploaded tonight. It will include a Native Hotspot mod, S6 Font Fix, and a few other minor bug fixes. I am working on getting some themes for us to play with :D Had some downtime yesterday due to my primary hard drive failing. A buddy of mine got me a new 2TB drive so after reinstalling my 3 operating systems I am back in business and now have 5TB of storage space total :D But anyways, good things are coming soon, I just like to triple check my work before uploading anything :silly:

Air message?

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
I'm still working on the update. When I flashed it, it caused it to boot loop. I may have to just patch the current rom and I will try dirty flashing. I am also working on Air Message to get it working. Sorry it's taking a while, I have not been feeling super great the last couple days

I'm sure I speak for most everyone here that an apology is not necessary for not feeling well, I appreciate what you've do so far - To me, it is THE smoothest rom I've installed lately without having to do anything to get certain items to work out of the box. Thank You for your work and dedication.

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
I'm still working on the update. When I flashed it, it caused it to boot loop. I may have to just patch the current rom and I will try dirty flashing. I am also working on Air Message to get it working. Sorry it's taking a while, I have not been feeling super great the last couple days

If you need help with air message let me know. I helped get it working on the current ROM I am on.

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
My God. Dude I've not even rooted yet. This is the first time I've gone this long. But I tempt myself by looking into what's being developed every once in a while. I came across your Rom and read it.
I can't imagine the pain you are going through. Forget the Rom. Knee surgery is the most painful. The area is major serious stuff and knees are said to be the most painful. I hope you are putting this on hold to keep the stress off your mind. Let alone your bills. I am sorry you had this happen to you. I don't know you but as a human being I can't help but wish you the best. A speedy recovery. Damn. You are a generous man. Please be generous to yourself a bit and take care of you. Your work will be here. I was in a deadly wreck at 18. I carry mental and physical scars. 200,000 in medical bills thankfully covered by insurance. It took me a year to recover. I won't go into detail but just know this. I am 43. This happened years ago. I didn't let myself heal long enough. Today I suffer because I pushed too hard. Anyway. I apologize for intrusion. This is your life. I just hope you take time for you brother. Sincerely. RobC.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

crazycori

Jul 26, 2014
Ogden, Utah
My God. Dude I've not even rooted yet. This is the first time I've gone this long. But I tempt myself by looking into what's being developed every once in a while. I came across your Rom and read it.
I can't imagine the pain you are going through. Forget the Rom. Knee surgery is the most painful. The area is major serious stuff and knees are said to be the most painful. I hope you are putting this on hold to keep the stress off your mind. Let alone your bills. I am sorry you had this happen to you. I don't know you but as a human being I can't help but wish you the best. A speedy recovery. Damn. You are a generous man. Please be generous to yourself a bit and take care of you. Your work will be here. I was in a deadly wreck at 18. I carry mental and physical scars. 200,000 in medical bills thankfully covered by insurance. It took me a year to recover. I won't go into detail but just know this. I am 43. This happened years ago. I didn't let myself heal long enough. Today I suffer because I pushed too hard. Anyway. I apologize for intrusion. This is your life. I just hope you take time for you brother. Sincerely. RobC.

Wow, I'm almost at a loss for words. I really appreciate your kind words! I am taking good care of myself, I only get one body in my lifetime. I'm terribly sorry to hear about what happened to you, I know overtime it becomes easier but it never goes away. What mine was is I had a ganglion cyst going around my ACL. When I walked or ran or anything, I would have random knee dislocations and it was incredibly painful. I am so glad I had a great doctor and a great wife who was able to take care of me. I had been living with this issue for over 10 years and I finally had enough. This is going to improve my quality of life and I am very thankful I was able to have it done, my only regret is not having it done sooner. The reason I hadn't been felling good lately is I was prescribed some pain meds and I was having an allergic reaction to them, I had a migraine for over 48 hours but was still trying to help everyone out on here. I'm still felling a bit sick but it is defiantly better today then it has been over the last week. Here are some pictures of my process, I hid them incase some are squeamish.

I was a big drugged and my brother was talking smack on me haha
20150413_110553.jpg

4 days after
20150415_113533.jpg

Pictures of the beast
Knee%201.png

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/moldypoo/Knee 2.png
My best friend, it pumps ice water around the area
20150421_191645.jpg

How it looks today
20150421_191551.jpg

20150421_191546.jpg

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery

Just have to say that that was probably one of the most sincere, heartfelt comments I've read on any post. Just goes to show you that there are still people out there that are truly acting out of sheer kindness.
You sir, are a gentleman.

crazycori

Jul 26, 2014
Ogden, Utah
New build will hopefully be done tomorrow. Got 4 way reboot working, got audio mods working to increase headphone volume, due to hating low volume when aux connected to car radio. Working on call and messaging tweaks for less intrusion, if you play games you understand. Also started breaking down the systemui of the s6 to try and fix the transparancy issues. I was thinking of integrating a custom kernel, but I will leave that decision up to you guys. Any more ideas you have for me to try and work in?

bluediablito

Jun 20, 2010
Hey @crazycori
thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Random suggestion.
full screen caller id (mod by dr.ketan). He has it working on a note 4 rom. It would be cool.

if others would like and you have time.

Reactions: pstarkey001

photoshopgeek

Hey guys, check the OP.. I just saw the section about the knee surgery. So I click on the link and it shows that $0 has been donated. I get that everybody has a tight budget. I do as well. I am the sole provider for my family of 4. But I haven't even downloaded this Rom yet and I gave what I could.

You guys wonder why developers are getting burnt out and leaving? This is one of the reasons. These guys know they can't do this to make a living, but to do it for free is ridiculous.

Support the developers you use. And definitely think long and hard about asking for features if you haven't supported the developer.

Very few of us can give a lot, but a little from everyone using this Rom would go a long way.

Seriously, you have a Note 4.. how broke can you be that you can't give a few dollars.

Reactions: pstarkey001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Typical warning message. By flashing you acknowledge your warranty is
    now VOID.
    I do not hold any personal liability for any dead devices, sd cards, nuclear war, etc. Please keep any questions
    about features or bugs to the thread, so others can also get answers. I do not check my PMs as much as the threads.

Update!
    Sorry guys, I have been thinking about this for a while and honestly I just do not have the time at the moment to maintain this Rom. I am however working on some other great things that will hopefully come soon. Please feel free to make changes or modify this rom in any way you'd like. Just shoot me a PM and ill host it for you. Thanks for your time, and thank you for your dedicated support. I appreciate all the kind words.

Introduction
    This is my first custom rom, hope you enjoy it!
    Kustom Rom Beta
    This rom is based off tx_dbs_tx's Deodexed Stock with itson and knox removed.
    This Rom is currently stable, listed as beta die to currently adding more features!

This rom is kept mostly stock but added a bunch of Galaxy S6 apps, so we have some new features to play with!

Features!
    1.5 Added:
    S6 Translate
    S6 Geo
    Dolby Audio Mod
    Bravia Engine Proof

Initial Build 1.1
    S6 Keyboard
    S6 Browser
    S6 SHealth
    S6 Smart Manager
    S6 Calculator
    S6 Galaxy Apps
    Fully Debloated, no Sprint preloaded apps! (Besides SprintID) Bug, being worked on

Screenshots

Bugs:
    4/20/15 Build 1.5 has no weather widget. Currently being worked on.

Have noticed a bug when first launching and selecting wifi, says it fails to connect. But works fine, only time the message may appear is at initial boot

App preloader will run after reboot bringing back a lot of bloatware. Can be fixed by running root uninstaller manually but I am working on having this issue resolved in the next build, which should be in the afternoon 4/19

Also initial boot does take about 10 minutes to boot. Remember to wipe then flash, I have not tried
    to dirty flash the ROM, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Changelog
    Code:
    Version 1.5
    Added Bravia Engine Proof
    Added S6 Launcher, Translate, and Geo
    Added Dolby Audio Mod
    Removed ANT+ and Sprint ID

Version 1.1:
    Added Build.Prop Optimizations including
    Improved Audio
    Improved Wifi and Data
    Improved Voice Quality
    Brighter Flashlight and Camera Flash
    Several Performance Tweaks

Version 1.0:
    Initial Build

Check out post #2 to get Xposed and some future MOD's Soon!

Special thanks to ianmb for figuring out the MMS issue I was having with floating messages! A lot of fun updates soon!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kustom Rom, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    crazycori, tx_dbs_tx, ianmb
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: 1.5
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-20

Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2015-04-25
    Hey guys, sorry I have went back to work this week. I'm still working on it but has been slow. Hope you all understand
    Hey guys, sorry about todays build. I didnt get a chance to get it 100% complete. Don't worry tho! This build is going to be version 1.5, there are so many new features integrated I'm stoked to share it! Don't want to spoil any of the surprise however. Will be uploading it in the afternoon!
    I wanted to say thank you to everyone. I was so surprised when I awoke this morning and I am honestly for a loss of words. I'm so glad there are people who still care in this world. Thanks again! Update on the build. I got Bravia Engine 3 working, working on a network monitor of somekind, and trying to work out the bugs in the systemui and floating messages. I had the floating messages working but it wouldn't allow data access so I was unable to send mms. Had no idea why becauses the permissions should have been set correctly. Also on the initial test build of 1.5 I had the transparent status bar. But when I compiled the final version and uploaded it, it was black. I am going to go through all my work and see what went wrong so we can have a transparent bar. Sorry its taking so long, I don't want to release another build with just a few changes, I would like for it to be worthwhile. Also I was messing around the other day and did have the Sony Xperia launcher working perfectly and waa curious if anyone would like it integrated into the next build. It is actually a pretty nice interface, ill let you guys decide tho. But thanks again!
    Can you implement the S6 launcher with the new accuweather from S6? Just out of curiosity.
    Just downloaded BTW and going to give this a run. Thanks!

A step a head of ya :D I've been testing to make sure it is stable before I release it