[5.1][SM5.0/4.9][LinkTimeOpt.][F2FS] VividROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rakesh595160

Oct 2, 2010
I m running on twrp v2.8.0.1 while flashing this rom i getting this error"error executing updater binary in zip'/sdcard/vivid-20150426-hammerhead.zip what should i do

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Agreed.. Using aosp based for a day. And straight back to caf based. Caf build still the best one

I will get back after myfluxi starts working on N5 again, he doesn't have the device. nightlies are there, but there are no device-specific changes.

Btw, I made another attempt to fix Maps, if it will be fixed, I'll upload a new build with possible random reboots fix and some new changes, thx to @big_bum

Last edited:

CommanderDuplex

Jul 17, 2009
Schwabenländle
What that means which lines i need to delete n from where

open the zip file with winrar -> META-INF -> COM -> Google -> Android -> Updater-script

you pull the updaterscript somewhere you want and open it with Notepad++
than you simply delete the line 1 and 2 , save it and pull it in the zip file at same folder -> done , now you can flash it

Reactions: socioteq

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Important infos:

I was saying for a few times that I will pause, will build less often, but I didn't. But now I need to be confident. Working on it, and not only that, have eaten my life, also my grades in uni got poorer, I can't leave myself like that. Sorry. Now I get few exams soon and I'm out-of-date with studing. I need to get a life, take a rest, get up-to-date with school.. Then I hope I will come back again.

BUT, if someone wants to continue, improve Vivid, please go ahead, I'd appreciate it. Hope You won't get angry guys. Cheers. I'll leave that thread open, because as I said, I should come back.

Last edited:

big_bum

Sep 20, 2012
Bucharest
As I promised.

- includes KSM and it's tuned for battery life, while still delivering the performance it should
- 2 updates/fixes from CAF for cpu-boost driver
- one update for interactive governor
- cherry-picked the famous i2c@19.2Mhz commit, and also dropped some other things to 19.2MHz
- optimized readahead by doing byte-shifting operations
- enabled deferred resume for mmc core
- built with fstrict-aliasing (Will revert if @reas0n wants to have it reverted in the kernel too, not only in the ROM)

All these are cherry-picks. Enjoy and send me a dmesg/last_kmsg if there are any problems.

The kernel can be downloaded from my FTP, the filename is kernel breaks data connection, removed or from this post. (It's not a flashable zip so please don't try to flash it and complain afterwards. Just unzip the archive and flash the .img)
(PS: Tapatalk can't handle FTP links)

EDIT: See this post for a kernel that fixes data issues.

Last edited:

pianistaPL

Feb 15, 2012
Poznań - Poland
As I promised.

- includes KSM and it's tuned for battery life, while still delivering the performance it should
- cherry-picked the famous i2c@19.2Mhz commit, and also dropped some other things to 19.2MHz
- built with fstrict-aliasing (Will revert if @reas0n wants to have it reverted in the kernel too, not only in the ROM)

All these are cherry-picks. Enjoy and send me a dmesg/last_kmsg if there are any problems.

The kernel can be downloaded from my FTP, the filename is boot-Vivid-28_04_2014_11_11_03.img or from this post. (It's not a flashable zip so please don't try to flash it and complain afterwards. Just unzip the archive and flash the .img)
Is this f2fs compatible?

ekowanz

May 5, 2009
As I promised.

The kernel can be downloaded from my FTP, the filename is boot-Vivid-28_04_2014_11_11_03.img or from this post. (It's not a flashable zip so please don't try to flash it and complain afterwards. Just unzip the archive and flash the .img)
Can i use this for previous caf rom?

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Nope. It won't boot. If we switch branches again, I'll add the changes to that kernel too, but until then you can just it in AOSP only.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate for working on it. I'm studing high-level math crap, not a easy time..

Btw, I was curious so I moved to official CM CAF, and realised, that battery is significantly poorer here :confused: I think LTO actually does something

Hormesis

Feb 12, 2014
I've been testing the kernel since last night, and have run into one problem: my mobile data connection keeps dying. The strange thing is that my phone still says I'm connected to LTE, but nothing will load. A full reboot of the phone fixes this for about 10 seconds, and then it stops working again. WiFi remains unaffected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rWMqovk.jpg

Read it before flash!
    -I really love to test some rare optimizations etc., so keep calm if something breaks sometimes
    -Of course You must have the latest bootloader and modem, like for every 5.x ROM

Features:
    *CyanogenMod features with:
    INTERNAL CHANGES:
    *Link Time Optimization for both system and kernel,
    it's a experimental flag which provides significant performance and battery-life improvements.
    *All possible optimization flags for kernel/system
    *everything compiled with SaberMod with some little edits
    ROM:

*pngquant
    *AdAway (disabled by default, choices!)
    *debloated from useless things
    *deodexed
    *some build.prop touches
    *SuperSU
    KERNEL:
    * kernel made by @big_bum and me:
    *MultiROM support
    *enabled hardfp
    *F2FS automount for /data and /cache
    *SaberMod changes/fixes:
    -BFQ iosched
    -LZ4 compressor
    -some flags like -pthread

INTERFACE CHANGES:
    *LCD density settings
    *animation speed seekbar
    *black BatterySaver skin
    *navbar custom height

Changelog:

[22/04]
    -Initial AOSP build (moving from CAF)
    -reorganization of optimizations
    -some changes from Sabermod repo, like BFQ iosched
    -updated to Android 5.1.1
    -just dunno lol
    ***F2FS is broken in this build***
    [23/04]
    -F2FS should be fixed
    -Introducing some Vivid gcc optimizations for whole ROM
    -refreshed some outdated modules from OptiPop
    -milestone(?)

Download:
    Vivid 5.1 builds

Gapps 5.1

- @myfluxi
    - @neobuddy89 for being helpful and being great with kernels ;)
    - CyanogenMod for base
    - @Cl3Kener and @sparksco / Team SaberMod for making Android faster than ever
    - @patrik.KT for being a good friend and helping me with first steps :good:
    - @socioteq for sharing his build machine

XDA:DevDB Information
    Vivid ROM, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    reas0n
    Source Code: https://github.com/VividROM

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod
    FAQ:

Can I use Viper4Android for more settings?
    -I really don't recommend it. You lose all the improvements of caf-audio + may break the audio. If You REALLY want to use it, add those build.prop lines, I remember from LG G2 times that those lines were doing their work:
    lpa.decode=false
    lpa.releaselock=false
    lpa.use-stagefright=false
    tunnel.decode=false
    tunnel.audiovideo.decode=false

I see You have F2FS automouting, what I have to do to make it work?
    -Just update to the latest TWRP (do it always btw) and change FS to F2FS for /data and /cache and wipe them (it's good to do a full factory reset after it, You'll lose Your data on storage anyway, so...)

Why not F2FS on /system?
    -Because I chose simplicity and safety over near zero improvement. To change FS on /system, we must change SELinux to Permissive. It isn't too safe. (detailed explanation)

I have a XYZ bug, what should I do?
    1. ALWAYS have a logcat/kmsg/whatever of it.
    2. profit

The ROM is awesome, where can I donate?
    Look on left! There is a nice button for that :cowboy:
    Update:
    I have a preeeetty nasty bug, no error log, nothing. I have to find out what is wrong. So for now, no ETA (I'm so CM-ish right now lol)

EDIT: @21plays I probably found that Heads Up thingy, it's from SlimRoms ;)
    EDIT2: Okay guys, SM4.9 on kernel is finally working. Only thing for now is to fix the common bugs I had before. Today/tomorrow I may provide a test build without the optimizations (yet). I thrown everything away to find that invisible bug :confused:

New build is being uploaded!
    [TEST_23/02]
    -kernel built with SaberMod 4.9 (oh God finally.. CAF isn't helping me with it)
    -no optimizations in this build, had to find the bug (coming in the next build)

EDIT3: Just having hard time with Java lol. Next build will have some new features :p
    Bluetooth with Linaro4.9 is fixed for both 5.0.2 and future 5.1 version. I will upload it in few hours and update that post. Cheers

EDIT: So for the CAF lovers, the last 5.0.2 is being uploaded before a new thing come:

[12/03]
    -final update
    -BT fixed (for now and the future lol)
    Update time!

Okay guys! Today's changes are pretty big, hope You'll enjoy :cowboy: The build will be on AFH in 5-10minutes.

[01/03]
    -fixed bootanimation
    -a try to fix LCD density settings values
    -updated to latest CM sources
    -device/kernel CAF updates
    -added Graphite and loop nest optimizations to kernel (LTO coming soon)
    -added Graphite and -O3 back to ROM + added PThread
    -SaberMod Bionic and ART improvements