[Root] Root for S6 coming soon

Search This thread

idler1984

Feb 16, 2011
Shanghai
If anyone knows where to download G920AUCU1AOCE please send me the link through PM. Many thanks.
[5/8] Beta 1 released! http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6/general/root-pingpongroot-s6-root-tool-t3103016
[5/8] Beta 1 will be released in 24hrs. Following ROM FP will be supported for testing:
G9200ZCU1AOD5
G9200ZHU1AOD3
G9200ZHU1AOD9
G920R4TYU1AOD3
G920IDVU1AOD1
G920FXXU1AOCV
G920PVPU1AOCF
G920TUVU1AOCG
G920VVRU1AOC3
G920FXXU1AOBN

We are throwing another party, soon... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Root on SM-G9200 has been achieved without tripping Knox, utilising a new vulnerability just reported (https://twitter.com/grsecurity/status/594483601661505536)
attachment.php

ROM specific data will be required, so please let me know your current ROM fingerprint so we can extract data from them. A download link will be appreciated.
Just S6 fingerprint please. Generic root for 32-bit devices will be released in new version of Kingroot (see Q&A)

Credits:
Vulnerability: memeda, wushi
Original idea of exploit: memeda
Exploit: idl3r, Qoobee

Special thanks to:
Kingroot team for help testing and great root manager

Q&A:
[5/5] Sorry for the delay, busy paint balling and fly crossing pacific :p

Q: When will you release it?
A: We are currently working to make it more reliable and covering more ROMs. Please stay tuned

Q: Is this fake?
A: No. We discovered this vulnerability and we don't bother faking a root. See this answer for an explanation of the screenshot: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60531263&postcount=34

Q: How to get a fingerprint?
A: Please follow these steps:
1. Run "adb shell"
2. Type "getprop | grep fingerprint"
3. Please copy and paste the result

Q: Why fingerprint is needed?
A: We will try to extract the kernel for certain binary gadgets to help the root.

Q: Is this a generic root?
A: Not for this particular tool. But generic root is possible for most 4.3+ devices with this vulnerability. I just bought an S6 so I decided to root it first. Stay tuned for other devices :D
We've been working on generic root with Kingroot team to test it out on wide range of devices. Test results just came out and it looks very positive. It will be released in Kingroot in 2-3 days, and shall cover 80%+ of post-futex kernels (may take sometime to optimize the model/FP data).
Among them are devices (32-bit for now) like Sony Xperia Z3, LG G3, Huawei Honor 6, 6Plus, Mate 7 and many other devices,with support of their latest Android L or Kitkat ROM. Stay tuned :D S5 and Note3 with Android L are also supported for specific FP, with new FP added in the future.

Q: S6 Edge?
A: We'll look into the kernel first. So far there are QC charging (hardware) issues for S6 Edge and potentially we will wait till this potential HW issue is fixed.

Q: Will this work for AT&T/Verizon/etc version?
A: In theory, yes. Locked bootloader doesn't affect this one. However, if bootloader locks the UFS controller for write protection (like Note4), chances are su install won't be permanent.

Q: Why you report this vulnerability? Vendor will fix it soon!
A: First of all we are researchers. Releasing 0day exp to public without notifying the vendor is non-ethical. Secondary there is no sense of hiding it since when this tool is released, vulnerability will be learnt by vendor. With all debugging tools/HW and expertise they have no software level obfuscation/encryption would help hiding the vulnerability.

Update:
[5/5] Add Q&A
[5/6] Update status of GENERIC root
[5/8] Beta 1 status update

Last edited:

asdfvtn

Feb 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I have no idea what any of the jargon means unfortunately, but a root without tripping knox?! Definitely looking forward to this. I was planning to root my phone only after the warranty expires haha.

TheEndHK

Apr 25, 2011

Root on SM-G9200 has been achieved without tripping Knox, utilising a new vulnerability just reported (https://twitter.com/grsecurity/status/594483601661505536)

ROM specific data will be required, so please let me know your current ROM fingerprint so we can extract data from them. A download link will be appreciated.

Credits:

Special thank to:

The China G9200 and HK G9200 has slightly different, please ensure that root is also working on HK G9200.

http://www.romhome.com/28270.html
HKG9200 stock firmware download link is here via Baidu cloud

Kriomag

Nov 22, 2011
Poznań
could you tell me if this method is universal like towelroot? for any phone? when it will be available for everyone? :)
i was on the edge of loosing my warranty today, i wanted to flash cwm to install root but now when there is hope for knox 0x0 root i will wait :)

Reactions: ama3654

SilkyJohnson

Jul 17, 2014
could you tell me if this method is universal like towelroot? for any phone? when it will be available for everyone? :)
i was on the edge of loosing my warranty today, i wanted to flash cwm to install root but now when there is hope for knox 0x0 root i will wait :)
Pump the brakes, homie. Let's let something materialize before we start the 20 questions. Wait for a drop and an OP.

Fruktsallad

May 15, 2011
Seems likely. Shame that it was released now, though, since the forthcoming 5.1 release might patch the exploit.

edurjbr

Apr 17, 2011

attachment.php

Credits:

Special thank to:
I can help, I am on a 920I from a carrier in Brazil.

But, I really don't know how to get rom fingerprint... sorry bout the noob question.

Reactions: Nervous Pl0x

Wiseor

Apr 14, 2015
I'm in the same boat. SM-G920A
Any way I can help I will but I don't have a clue what I'm doing

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
I hope not until after 5.1 is released so they cannot patch it.

if you read you can see its already been patched.. therefore newer L builds probably already have a patch for it..

people on 5.1 will have to downgrade id assume to 5.0 or lower to take advantage of it

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Hi,
Recently we found a use-after-free bug which can lead to kernel arbitrary
execution in Linux kernel.
The bug was reported to the linux security group and it has been fixed.(commit
a134f083e79f ("ipv4: Missing sk_nulls_node_init() in ping_unhash()"). You
can find the fix commit here:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/6c3c1eb3c35e8856d6dcb01b412316a676f58bbe
The bug exists in all versions of linux kernel. And the credit is to Wen Xu
and wushi of KeenTeam.
I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Wen Xu @ Keen Team

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

clearly said its fixed

CitizenInsane

Jul 8, 2014
Yo, if anyone can answer how to get a "fingerprint" for your ROM, I'd be happy to upload anything from my AT&T S6 edge.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone knows where to download G920AUCU1AOCE please send me the link through PM. Many thanks.
    [5/8] Beta 1 released! http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6/general/root-pingpongroot-s6-root-tool-t3103016
    [5/8] Beta 1 will be released in 24hrs. Following ROM FP will be supported for testing:
    G9200ZCU1AOD5
    G9200ZHU1AOD3
    G9200ZHU1AOD9
    G920R4TYU1AOD3
    G920IDVU1AOD1
    G920FXXU1AOCV
    G920PVPU1AOCF
    G920TUVU1AOCG
    G920VVRU1AOC3
    G920FXXU1AOBN

attachment.php

Just S6 fingerprint please. Generic root for 32-bit devices will be released in new version of Kingroot (see Q&A)

Credits:

Special thanks to:

Q&A:
    [5/5] Sorry for the delay, busy paint balling and fly crossing pacific :p

Q: When will you release it?
    A: We are currently working to make it more reliable and covering more ROMs. Please stay tuned

Q: Is this fake?
    A: No. We discovered this vulnerability and we don't bother faking a root. See this answer for an explanation of the screenshot: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60531263&postcount=34

Q: How to get a fingerprint?
    A: Please follow these steps:
    1. Run "adb shell"
    2. Type "getprop | grep fingerprint"
    3. Please copy and paste the result

Q: Why fingerprint is needed?
    A: We will try to extract the kernel for certain binary gadgets to help the root.

Q: Is this a generic root?
    A: Not for this particular tool. But generic root is possible for most 4.3+ devices with this vulnerability. I just bought an S6 so I decided to root it first. Stay tuned for other devices :D
    We've been working on generic root with Kingroot team to test it out on wide range of devices. Test results just came out and it looks very positive. It will be released in Kingroot in 2-3 days, and shall cover 80%+ of post-futex kernels (may take sometime to optimize the model/FP data).
    Among them are devices (32-bit for now) like Sony Xperia Z3, LG G3, Huawei Honor 6, 6Plus, Mate 7 and many other devices,with support of their latest Android L or Kitkat ROM. Stay tuned :D S5 and Note3 with Android L are also supported for specific FP, with new FP added in the future.

Q: S6 Edge?
    A: We'll look into the kernel first. So far there are QC charging (hardware) issues for S6 Edge and potentially we will wait till this potential HW issue is fixed.

Q: Will this work for AT&T/Verizon/etc version?
    A: In theory, yes. Locked bootloader doesn't affect this one. However, if bootloader locks the UFS controller for write protection (like Note4), chances are su install won't be permanent.

Q: Why you report this vulnerability? Vendor will fix it soon!
    A: First of all we are researchers. Releasing 0day exp to public without notifying the vendor is non-ethical. Secondary there is no sense of hiding it since when this tool is released, vulnerability will be learnt by vendor. With all debugging tools/HW and expertise they have no software level obfuscation/encryption would help hiding the vulnerability.

Update:
    [5/5] Add Q&A
    [5/6] Update status of GENERIC root
    [5/8] Beta 1 status update
    Just a progress note:

Before this post we got 9 unique FP. Thank you all for submitting them.

Done and tested:
    G9200ZCU1AOD5
    G9200ZHU1AOD3

Done (pending test):
    G920R4TYU1AOD3
    G920IDVU1AOD1
    G920FXXU1AOCV
    G920PVPU1AOCF
    G920TUVU1AOCG
    G920VVRU1AOC3

Nowhere to download:
    G920AUCU1AOCE

Pending download/analysis:
    T-Mobile Galaxy S 6 Gold 64GB

[ro.build.fingerprint]: [samsung/zerofltetmo/zerofltetmo:5.0.2/LRX22G/G920TUVU1AOCG:user/release-keys]

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Good grief, people!

Talk about a ghost town in the AT&T forums. Go look at any Nexus thread. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus has more activity than here. Someone comes along with a little information and the pitchforks come out. If I was that person I'd tell y'all to FO.

Why don't you learn some patience, sit back and chill like the rest of us. Nobody owes you a damn screenshot. Be happy something is remotely interesting in here.

This is why having the have at least 10 posts rule in development should really be increased. It's amazing that people who buy this phone think that prior to the actual launch date we should have root and well established ROMS. Get a grip all of you. Developers are doing this FOR FREE. You are demanding something of them that you have paid NOTHING for and have contributed zero towards getting our phone hacked.
    Just another progress note:

Done and tested:
    G9200ZCU1AOD5
    G9200ZHU1AOD3

Done (pending test):
    G920R4TYU1AOD3
    G920IDVU1AOD1
    G920FXXU1AOCV
    G920PVPU1AOCF
    G920TUVU1AOCG
    G920VVRU1AOC3

Pending download & analysis
    G920FXXU1AOBN
    G920FXXU1AOCW (seems to be baseband version, ROM is G920FXXU1AOCV)

Nowhere to download:
    G920AUCU1AOCE
    That is odd.. Meaning odd they did not incorporate the write protection on the s6.. so what you are saying is, the WP could be carrier dependent so its possible the att/vzw s6/s6 edge have WP as well?

Second question, I have AOC3 which you listed as Done (pending test)... Does this simply mean you have incorporated the fingerprint but havent actually tested if it has WP or not?

Thanks in advance!

For the 1st question, I suspect it should NOT be carrier dependent since carrier shall never bother messing up with bootloader code (too many HW dependencies). However, I can't tell for sure.
    For the 2nd one, yes, I have incorporated the data but has no real device for testing both exp and WP status. Good news is that I'm going to release the first version including all the data I can collect in 1-2 days :D