[Q] otg usb mod for S3 Neo

Search This thread

rpmahe

Feb 28, 2012
I have purchased S3 Neo, but it doesn't support otg usb. Please upload apk/mod for otg support.

6210classick

Feb 9, 2014
it's a hardware thing bro so it's not possible and why did you even get the NEO version ?? why not the original FLAGSHIP

sk1887

Sep 14, 2008
Brescia
buy a otg cable with a micro usb port that enables power through the cable and you are done. it works.

innuendo4

Dec 2, 2011
usb otg bus drivers

Hello,i'd like to ask if there is any way to use the usb bus drivers of S3 to my S3neo
I have rooted the phone and i would like to ask if it is possible to force the phone to provide power to the otg cable.I know that it might be a hardware thing ,but without even rooting the phone,the otg drivers where installed.
So maybe it is possible.I already know for the Y cable i have made one but it is not handy on the road!thanks in advanve

Ismaiel2life

Jun 9, 2014
dude I just bought the device
1- its an amazing device and I love it
2- it supports otg "u can make sure using otg checker apk"
3- it doesnt read otg due to kernel stuff and I have been searching for kernels all day long but nothing so far
4-your choice is really good and its no big deal if it doesnt read otg cable

innuendo4

Dec 2, 2011
usb otg bus drivers

dude I just bought the device
1- its an amazing device and I love it
2- it supports otg "u can make sure using otg checker apk"
3- it doesnt read otg due to kernel stuff and I have been searching for kernels all day long but nothing so far
4-your choice is really good and its no big deal if it doesnt read otg cable

I know it supports but when on the road you need to have a power bank for the Y cable i have made that is why i am trying to find the drivers to enable the bus.
It s a great phone so if you could find a kernel please post it and i will try it!thank you

...simon...

Apr 6, 2015
Heyho i also couldn't use an normal otg cabke ot the samsung adapter for my samsung galaxy s3 neo and i can't buy an y otg cable in austria so i wanted to ask if rher is an kernerl for GT-I9301I with wihich it would work???

Sent from my GT-I9301I using XDA Free mobile app

kralkral

Oct 25, 2013
Heyho i also couldn't use an normal otg cabke ot the samsung adapter for my samsung galaxy s3 neo and i can't buy an y otg cable in austria so i wanted to ask if rher is an kernerl for GT-I9301I with wihich it would work???

you can make a y cable
i mount 1TB hdd on my s3 neo with y cable

...simon...

Apr 6, 2015
Well i will try it out but i must say that it seems not to be so easy.
Thx for ur help :)

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

@Kralkral
It is realy interesting that the phone could nanage a TB because as micro SD it only works zntil 64 GB

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Would this work for me? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1828032

kralkral

Oct 25, 2013

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

@Kralkral
It is realy interesting that the phone could nanage a TB because as micro SD it only works zntil 64 GB

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

yes i made a Y cable {making a Y cable is so easy you need an otg cable & usb cable}
my s3 neo{i9301i} mounts 1 TB external hard in a few seconds

Kumbandit

Aug 29, 2015
As simple as that :)

Case closed:

As a new user I can't post outside links, so search you tube for video called "OTG galaxy s3 neo", and that is that. Cheers :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@Kralkral

yes i made a Y cable {making a Y cable is so easy you need an otg cable & usb cable}
    my s3 neo{i9301i} mounts 1 TB external hard in a few seconds
    Wich thinks will i need to do this? And how will it work? Thx for ur reply ;)

just google : how to make a y cable & fallow instruction
    then install usb otg helper & stick mount