[MOD][XPOSED][2018/3/20 6.3]Android NavBar Buttons

Search This thread

3n3rd0p3

Apr 28, 2015
I had used my own SystemUI before, but it has been removed by flashing clean stock system. Currently I have only these modifications : SuperSU, XZDR recovery, DRM fix and Xposed Sony fix (to have Xposed running without clearing ART cache on each reboot).

Thats strange. On my gf's z3 it doesnt Show the buttons too, except the search button. She is rooted, xposed, flimit 4096 (flashable zip) and the navbar buttons activated.
Maybe i'am the chosen one :D

sent with XDA App while banging your Wife

hispanico957

Mar 14, 2011
It's possible in new release including also the option to add screen off (4 bottons) like this ?
hVuxOq8.jpg

Thank for your work
Hispanico

suta

Oct 28, 2008
same.. on z2 5.0.2.. Theme only changes the search icon.. the rest stay stock.

suta

Oct 28, 2008
Are you using stock ROM? Any other modules enabled, like GravityBox?

Stock.. Gravitybox is the only module I had.. I tried uninstalling Gravitybox to test if it was due to it.. but still the same outcome... a number of users who is on the same device is also having the exact issue..(few post back)

-DM-

Dec 17, 2010
@itandy
for me it is impossible to change the height of the nav bar, I do have Gravity Box installed but navigation bar tweak is set to off...if I remove GB from xposed, the height is set correctly with this app as soon as GB is back on, the height doesn't change and I have to use an other module (Dimensions Editor) to be able to fix the height to the desired value...
going from portrait to landscape is a bit glitchy as well

Here is the View attachment xposed_error_20150509_123201.log (this log is with GB navigation tweak set to off and your module, Dimensions Editor is not installed)

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
@itandy
for me it is impossible to change the height of the nav bar, I do have Gravity Box installed but navigation bar tweak is set to off...if I remove GB from xposed, the height is set correctly with this app as soon as GB is back on, the height doesn't change and I have to use an other module (Dimensions Editor) to be able to fix the height to the desired value...
going from portrait to landscape is a bit glitchy as well

Here is the View attachment 3305029 (this log is with GB navigation tweak set to off and your module, Dimensions Editor is not installed)

Sorry this is a conflict with GravityBox. As stated in the OP of GravityBox, it's designed in such a way that individual feature cannot be disabled completely.

-DM-

Dec 17, 2010
Sorry this is a conflict with GravityBox. As stated in the OP of GravityBox, it's designed in such a way that individual feature cannot be disabled completely.
Thanks, I thought from reading the OP that after disabling nav tweak in GB it would make the module work...my bad ;)
but as I said, I was able to get the same result by adding Dimensions Editor module to accomplish the required effect.
Thanks and great work on your app

Last edited:

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
@itandy - not sure if you found the source of the issue with "unthemable" buttons, but maybe you could create some development version with detailed logging which we can run and provide you with logs..? :)

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Xposed module allows you to change the NavBar buttons on your Xperia/AOSP devices. On stock ROM, there're only three buttons on the NavBar (Back, Home and Recent Apps). Now you can have complete control of the buttons and how they look like.

Features
    1. Show or hide Recent Apps, Menu and Search buttons
    2. Re-order buttons
    3. 18 themes with different colors
    4. Use your own images for buttons http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53045744&postcount=136
    5. Restart SystemUI to see changes immediately without rebooting (Busybox required)
    6. Activate changes on the fly without root (Nougat only)
    7. Define left and right margin
    8. Define navbar height
    9. Define search button action

Requirements
    1. Your phone must be rooted
    2. Xposed framework must be installed first http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
    3. Xposed library 2.2 is required

Instructions
    1. Install the module
    2. Run Xposed Installer and enable the module Android NavBar Buttons
    3. Reboot the phone
    4. If you want to use your own button images, check out this link.

Permissions
    • WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - store stock button images for preview
    • READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - read stock button images for preview
    • GET_TASKS - used by Switch to Last App function
    • REORDER_TASKS - used by Switch to Last App function

Limitations & supported devices
    I developed this module based on AOSP source code and tested only on my Xperia devices. I expect it to work also on AOSP devices such as Google Nexus. You can try it on other devices but I don't expect it to work universally, especially HTC and Samsung devices because their framework is heavily modified.

If you enable this module and Tinted Status Bar together, the color for the Home/Menu/Recent/Back buttons will be controlled by Tinted Status Bar while the Search button color will be controlled by this module.

If you're also using GravityBox, you must disable Navigation Bar Tweaks. Otherwise, this module won't work.

Currently the following devices are supported: (to be updated)
    • Sony Xperia ZR stock 4.3 ROM
    • Sony Xperia V stock 4.3 ROM
    • Sony Xperia ZL stock based custom ROM/eXistenZ
    • Sony Xperia SP ExistenZ 3.3.0
    • Sony Xperia T
    • Sony Xperia M dual stock 4.2.2 ROM
    • Sony Xperia Z1 4.4 ihackers 4.1
    • Sony Xperia Z1 Compact stock KK ROM
    • Sony Xperia Z stock 4.3 ROM
    • Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2
    • Nexus 7 (2013) stock 4.4.2
    • MUCH i5s
    • Moto G stock 4.4.2 ROM
    • Moto X stock 4.4.2 ROM
    • Samsung Galaxy Lollipop or older devices (you need to set qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 in build.prop to enable Navbar)
    • Samsung Galaxy Marshmallow or higher devices
    • Sony Xperia X series devices Marshmallow ROM

Credits
    I used this guide to help me develop this module. This document is outdated but the concept is still the same.

Huge thanks to atticus182 for his great work of Softkey collection
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/themes-apps/softkeys-softkey-collection-t1413582

Thanks to C3C076 for his wonderful GravityBox! This module uses some of his codes for search button actions.

Supports & troubleshooting
    If you're using Android 6 and are unable to see folders when importing image files for user define theme, you need to grant Storage permission in App settings.

If you find that this module doesn't work on your device and see FC repeatedly and both notification and navigation bar disappeared, don't panic! Just run Xposed Installer, disable this module and reboot.

If you want me to add support for your device, please send me the following:
    1. Xposed log file
    2. Your device model
    3. Android and ROM version
    4. Deodexed /system/app/SystemUI.apk or you can send me a link for the ROM
    ** I can only work on Xperia/AOSP devices at the moment, please don't send requests on other devices **
    ** CM ROM is not supported because it has its own implementation of NavBar **

Source code
    You can find source code for this module from GitHub here.

Download
    Xposed Module Repository | Play Store
    Instructions to use user define button image:
    1. Prepare your own buttons images in PNG format. Name the files using the following format. You don't need to prepare all of them. Stock image will be used if a user define version is not found.
    2. Copy the files into your internal sd storage. Any folder under the internal sd storage is fine. Very often, you can access this using the path /sdcard/.
    3. In Select theme screen, there's now a new theme called User define
    4. If this is the first time you select User define, then you should see a list of folders in your internal sd storage. Otherwise, you should see a new button called Import button images
    5. Navigate to the folder where you've stored the images
    6. If successfully detected, it should shows the number of image files found
    7. Tap Confirm button
    8. The module will copy the files into it's own cache folder so your copy can safely be deleted now
    9. Restart SystemUI or reboot to take effect

Image filename format:
    • ic_sysbar_back.png - Back button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_back_land.png - Back button (landscape)
    • ic_sysbar_back_ime.png - Back button (portrait and when keyboard is shown)
    • ic_sysbar_back_ime_land.png - Back button (landscape and when keyboard is shown)
    • ic_sysbar_home.png - Home button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_home_land.png - Home button (landscape)
    • ic_sysbar_menu.png - Menu button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_menu_land.png - Menu button (landscape)
    • ic_sysbar_menu_alt.png - Menu button (portrait and alternate)
    • ic_sysbar_menu_alt_land.png - Menu button (landscape and alternate)
    • ic_sysbar_recent.png - Recent button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_recent_land.png - Recent button (landscape)
    • ic_sysbar_search.png - Search button (portrait)
    • ic_sysbar_search_land.png - Search button (landscape)
    Change Log
    Code:
    - Fix the issue that customized navbar is not activated after a reboot for Nougat and higher devices

- On Nougat and later, customzied navbar will be applied much earlier after a system reboot

- Add support for Android 8 (Oreo)
    - Fix the issue that settings are not applied after system reboot for Nougat and higher

- Add support for Nougat
    - Rename application as Android NavBar Buttons
    - Settings can be activated on the fly without root in Nougat (except navbar height and width)

- Fix issue with Sony Xperia latest X series devices

- Automatically enable navbar on Samsung devices on Android 6

- Fix button size issue when orientation is changed on tablet

- Fix issue with Asus Zenpad when using user define theme

- Fix theme issue with Xperia device on Android 5.0 and higher

- New separator which can be used to split buttons into 2 groups to mimic tablet mode in Android 6.0.1

- Fix missing buttons on Huawei devices when theme is applied

- Add support for Android 6.0

- Fix theme not working for Home/Menu/Recent/Back buttons on HTC devices

- Fix button image size and navbar height issue in KK

- Fix button image size issue in Android 5.1
    - Fix search button crash in ICS 

- New search button actions (Launch shortcut, Kill foreground app)

- Add Russian translation

- Add support for Lollipop (Android 5.0)

- Bug fix that setting UI crashes on some devices

- New option to customize search button actions

- Bug fix an issue that navbar height adjustment doesn't work on some devices

- Maximum margin is now automatically set to 75% of screen width
    - NavBar height adjustment
    - Added Lollipop buttons to theme

- Fix issue during orientation change when recent button is disabled
    - Larger margin values

- Define left and right margin

- Fix button alignment issue for Samsung Tab

- Add translation for Chinese (Thanks to surwscl)

- User define button images [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53045744&postcount=136"]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53045744&postcount=136[/URL]

- Fix preview stock buttons not displayed correctly if a theme is currently in effect

- Fix preview stock button size on some devices

- Fix missing buttons in landscape mode in Nexus 7
    - Fix stock button size on some devices

- New option to choose themes (17 themes with different colors)
    - Bug fixes

- New option to show or hide Recent Apps button

- Add support for MUCH i5S

- New option to re-order buttons

0.7 alpha
    - New option to select Menu and/or Search button to show
    - Restart SystemUI process to apply changes immediately

0.5 alpha
    - Initial version
    Guys, I'm just thinking about how to implement the adjustable spacing for navbar buttons. Currently, the buttons are evenly spaced among the available width of the navbar.

For example, if your device is 720px and you choose to have 5 buttons. Then each button will occupy 144px.

I plan to add 2 options: left and right margins.

Using the above example, if now you choose to have 50px for left and right margin, then the spacing will become:

[space 50px] + [button 1 124px] + [button 2 124px] + [button 3 124px] + [button 4 124px] + [button 5 124px] + [space 50px]

The effect is the buttons are closer together with more space on the left and right sides.

Please let me know what do you think about this implementation.
    Love thus work, many thanks.

Is it possible to have the menu button hide on its own, only show if needed like on the stock?

And would be great if users can adjust the distance between the buttons and the size.

Great work, :)

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not sure about the menu button hide because that needs considerable change in the module. Anyway I can take a look.

Spacing between buttons will be added in next release. You cannot just change the size of the button because the image will be unfit. I also plan to allow user to select button image and I believe that's a better option.