[MOD] Volume Boosting Sound Mod | For VZW Galaxy S4 Lollipop

Search This thread

joebrady119

Apr 27, 2010
I love me some Lollipop but it was way to quiet!!!

I modded the stock files from latest LOLLIPOP update. I was tiered of waiting for someone else to do it. So, I figured I would share.

This will only work if...

1. You have root on Verizon S4 with Lollipop

2. You have @Chainfire- Flashfire app installed so you can flash this zip file.

I have included stock sound files if you want to go back..

Flashable Volume boost (not to loud)

Flashable Revert to Stock Volume levels

Galaxy S4 VZW Only. Have not tested on any other devices.

To Flash:

1. Open the FlashFire app and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
2. Press (+) twice to bring up the “Actions” menu.
3. Select “Flash ZIP or OTA” then locate and select the sound-boost-lp.zip. Make certain that “Auto-mount” is unchecked then press the checkmark to continue.
4. Press the lightning bolt then “ok” to begin the flashes. The screen will turn black then display the contents of your system before beginning the flash. Once complete your device will reboot. Done!

Not responsible for you if you flash on something other than what I built this for. And if you do flash it on said device,then I am still not responsible as this is all a risk..

Before flashing any mods you should always make a backup!

I followed this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293133
Thanks to: @jovy23

Attachments

• sound-boost-lp.zip
    166.6 KB · Views: 723
  • sound-stock-lp.zip
    166.5 KB · Views: 297

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Will this affect BT volume as well? <crosses fingers> :)

My biggest issue is w/BT headset volume.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Also - why are there two copies of each zip file in the OP for download? They each appear to be the same two files going to the same directory. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

EDIT: Really odd - in the XDA app I only see one of each file. Here in Chrome on my PC I see two of each zip.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I pushed the files and set permissions and rebooted, and don't think I hear any difference in volume on my BT headset. So maybe this mod won't help w/that volume. I thought I had heard that back when I used this mod on my S4 running JB...

Last edited:
Reactions: D4oidz3r

D4oidz3r

Sep 28, 2010

Thanks!

@Redflea I'm in the same boat. I was hoping that this mod would end my quest :fingers-crossed: I've tried everything including V4A. I just can't seem to find something that will increase the core BT volume. With V4A I'm able to increase the bass, clarity and play with the equalizer but it seems I need to do this for songs with bass and songs without bass; it's just not cutting it. I'll keep on searching for something that allows BT audio gain and I'll let you know if I find something.

Last edited:

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
@Redflea I'm in the same boat. I was hoping that this mod would end my quest :fingers-crossed: I've tried everything including V4A. I just can't seem to find something that will increase the core BT volume. With V4A I'm able to increase the bass, clarity and play with the equalizer but it seems I need to do this for songs with bass and songs without bass; it's just not cutting it. I'll keep on searching for something that allows BT audio gain and I'll let you know if I find something.

Thanks...it is a noble quest. :) If I find anything I post back.

It is frustrating....I'm kinda surprised that we don't have a sharp Android dev who's figured this out.

Don't mean to thread hijack, won't post on this further here...this claims BT volume increase: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2769799 In the LG forum, and only working on AOSP for Lollipop at the moment.

Thanks again to OP for this mod!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I love me some Lollipop but it was way to quiet!!!

I modded the stock files from latest LOLLIPOP update. I was tiered of waiting for someone else to do it. So, I figured I would share.

This will only work if...

1. You have root on Verizon S4 with Lollipop

2. You have @Chainfire- Flashfire app installed so you can flash this zip file.

I have included stock sound files if you want to go back..

Flashable Volume boost (not to loud)

Flashable Revert to Stock Volume levels

Galaxy S4 VZW Only. Have not tested on any other devices.

To Flash:

1. Open the FlashFire app and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
    2. Press (+) twice to bring up the “Actions” menu.
    3. Select “Flash ZIP or OTA” then locate and select the sound-boost-lp.zip. Make certain that “Auto-mount” is unchecked then press the checkmark to continue.
    4. Press the lightning bolt then “ok” to begin the flashes. The screen will turn black then display the contents of your system before beginning the flash. Once complete your device will reboot. Done!

Not responsible for you if you flash on something other than what I built this for. And if you do flash it on said device,then I am still not responsible as this is all a risk..

Before flashing any mods you should always make a backup!

I followed this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293133
    Thanks to: @jovy23

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Also - why are there two copies of each zip file in the OP for download? They each appear to be the same two files going to the same directory. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

EDIT: Really odd - in the XDA app I only see one of each file. Here in Chrome on my PC I see two of each zip.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I pushed the files and set permissions and rebooted, and don't think I hear any difference in volume on my BT headset. So maybe this mod won't help w/that volume. I thought I had heard that back when I used this mod on my S4 running JB...