[ROM][5.1.x]CyanogenMod 12.1 for LG Optimus L9 P765 by IMER [CM12.1][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

eemcee

Mar 27, 2013
Prievidza
In 20150506 version camera (end) worked fine but had issues with 3G which had troubles getting APNs.

In the last version 3G works but I constantly get message Can't connect to camera! Even with Google camera [emoji24]

Otherwise great rom!
I had camera problem too, but i went to app settings and "wipe" camera app, and everything works. But Sometimes when I switch between photo and video camera stop working and after I re open it says cannot connect to camera. When this happened I have to "wipe" camera app and reboot phone, and it works again. I have no problem with 3G, I have allways mobile data on, and allways have H+

zabig

Jun 24, 2009
I have tried this too, but it did't help. Neither rebooting the phone.
I had camera problem too, but i went to app settings and "wipe" camera app, and everything works. But Sometimes when I switch between photo and video camera stop working and after I re open it says cannot connect to camera. When this happened I have to "wipe" camera app and reboot phone, and it works again. I have no problem with 3G, I have allways mobile data on, and allways have H+

9600xt

Aug 27, 2008
Turin
@ALEX.IMER
NFC support lack for p760 is the only big issue of a perfect rom, i like to know if this is due to NFC Kernel Module not compiled or due to lack of NFC files inside rom? Maybe we can help the developer to add P760 support too :D

Last edited:

cheppiroma

Apr 4, 2013
Jakarta
Dear Master Imer, Your rom is perfecto with L Speed. I use it on my P765, and now your rom is my daily driver. Thanks a lot masters, you rocks!! Hope you keep update this rom ;)

Reactions: nta139

cheppiroma

Apr 4, 2013
Jakarta
How do you install L Speed? I found 2 file on my init.d folder. Do I have to remove that?
I just flash the zip. Yes of course in my init folder also has 3 files; 00banner, 90userinit, and 99SuperSUDaemon. It still work though, and I think that 3 files on init folder is not relate to LSpeed customization. It just my personal opinion, I don't know if I'm wrong though. Just remember to do nandroid backup first before you flash it. Good luck experimenting akang Juniorstyle ;)

Reactions: juniorstyle

GearCarlos

Dec 14, 2014
Madrid
I started using LSpeed, but after that I get a lot of Kernel Panic errors, and the improvement was not to significant. Anyway, I have no lag normally, so no problem. :)

And a little question, I have problems with 3G conections, sometimes I lose the connect and I've to restart the phone. It's anoying because it happends many times :(

Sorry for my bad english and thanks you in advance ;)

Paarix

Aug 21, 2013
works perfect on P760. I'm wondering whether you are able to add increased volume steps (or sth like that, if you ever used Ressurection Remix, you probably know what I mean). that would be great, as it would provide better volume control. as for the rest of all the features included, it's ok but sometimes camera apps crash.

9600xt

Aug 27, 2008
Turin
@ALEX.IMER
NFC support lack for p760 is the only big issue of a perfect rom, i like to know if this is due to NFC Kernel Module not compiled or due to lack of NFC files inside rom? Maybe we can help the developer to add P760 support too :D

@ALEX.IMER

Ok, after some more investigation i think i just found that Kernel does have NFC module, if i look into /dev/ with: ls -l /dev/ i will find:

Code:
crw------- root     root      10,  37 2015-05-19 10:38 network_latency
crw------- root     root      10,  36 2015-05-19 10:38 network_throughput
crw-rw-rw- root     root       1,   3 2015-05-19 10:38 null
[B]crw------- nfc      nfc       10,  53 2015-05-19 10:38 pn544[/B]
crw-rw---- radio    vpn      108,   0 2015-05-19 10:38 ppp
crw------- root     root      10,   1 2015-05-19 10:38 psaux

Where i can read pn544 that is our p760 NFC chip.

I just tried to get the needed NFC files from other CM 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) roms and put it into your rom, but unfortunately this doesn't worked, but in some chases there were some progress.

Files taken from Nexus 5 CM 12.1 (different NFC chip): ----> I can see NFC toggle inside Android Settings, applications that make use of NFC see that it is disabled, but it wan't turn on unfortunately
View attachment MY_NFC_Enabler.zip

Files taken from Nexus 7 CM 12.1 (same NFC chip as our p760): ----> I can't see NFC toggle inside Android Settings at all
View attachment MY_NFC_Enabler_NEW.zip

So i think that the solution with Nexus 5 files is the one that is closer to the solution, but for some reason doesn't works....
ATM i have no time to investigate more and make some other tests, but i hope this will be usefull to someone that have time to spend to make NFC works on p760

EDIT:
This is the log with the errors generated with the Nexus 5 files:
View attachment NFC_LOG.txt

Last edited:

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
I'm still with Artas' Rom, but this one seems to have the same 3G troubles as his, which can be cured by using thr right baseband firmware. For Artas' rom it's the latest v20o or p. Which should I use here?
I flashed the bb with Artas' hacked LG flash tool, which conly contains the baseband firmware, not a complete rom. Anything else might no longer work, as an L9 with Artas CM11 gets no longer recognized by the LG usb drivers and software, except in download mode. This sufficed for the hacked tool, but probably not the regular flash tool.

cheppiroma

Apr 4, 2013
Jakarta
Im also having network issue before. When i flash rammar PA 4.6. I ask everywhere and the answer is yes should flash the baseband. But i found it hard to update though (with artas method, or flashing the kdz). And i dont really know why.

At first i almost desperate about that, and decided not using CM 11 version or up just use CM 10. And then i found master Imer thread. Since it was the same model (P765), i then decided to try flashing newer rom again.

After flashing, the network issue still come. And then i read again carefully the requirement for the rom. I found that my recovery still using CWM 6.0.4.8, i try to change the recovery to TWRP suggested. After flashing recovery, and the rom. The network issue seems fixed, just one or two time my device lost signal, but not long it back again without reboot the phone.

So i may think its not always because baseband, maybe other like recovery.. But its just my tought, i may wrong too.. Anyone?

Sorry for my bad english and the long story, just sharing ;)

Sent from my LG-P765 using XDA Free mobile app

the_naxhoo

Jul 7, 2014
Graneros
I found a possible error when trying to download from the Play Store... could confirm?

Attachments

• 1432153086085.jpg
    1432153086085.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 204

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to present you an insertion in we wash execution.
    For me everything works, was tested and steadily works on 765.
    What doesn't work? You will tell me!
    Later I plan to make for 760/768/769.
    I don't bear responsibility if you damage the device.
    Remember that everything, what are you doing with the phone, you do at own risk.

Special thanks to the CM team, Rammar515, artas182x, dhiru1602 and me... :)
    1. BOOT TO RECOVERY
    2. FULL WIPE`S
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    5. REBOOT
    UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
    1. DOWNLOAD LATEST BUILD
    2. BOOT TO RECOVERY
    3. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    4. FLASH ROM
    5. REBOOT
    6. ENJOY!
    Installation on p768

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the LG Optimus L9 P760, P765, P768

Contributors
    ALEX.IMER, Rammar515, CyanogenMod, artas182x, dhiru1602
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP (2.7.1.1 EXT4)
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-04-10
    Last Updated CLOSED
    update!
    from the new:
    • Android 5.1.1 R1;
    • tweaks ART;
    • update hardware lib`s;
    • setting LCD density;
    • add Heads UP
    • add custom setting kernel ("Kernel Adiutor")
    • and there are a lot of small corrections... :)
    updating of the version
    changelog
    ALEX.IMER something new ??? please do not let this marivollasa rom !!!! thank you very much for your time and effort

soon, very soon ;)