[GUIDE] Huawei Honor 3C H30-U10 - Bootloader Unlock, Root, TWRP, CWM, KitKat

Search This thread

codelover

Oct 11, 2012
The Land Below The Wind
How to upgrade to EMUI 3.0 B301 / B310

THESE ARE SIMPLIFIED GUIDES, PLEASE REFER TO THE FIRST PAGE FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.

SOME FACTS ABOUT B301/B310
* I believe both ROMs shared the same base, except they are customized for their own (specific) region.
* CN ROMs use a common presets for all regions, hence why you won't have any problem using it with any variant.
* International sets can install EU ROM, and vise versa, but ofcause, you will be missing the presets.
* Live Recovery will NOT work on these ROMs, please flash TWRP to device if you need TWRP. (Eg: To full root)
* These ROM come with gapps (PlayStore, GMail, YouTube, G+, etc), you do not need to flash gapps packages manually.

REQUIREMENTS
* Bootloader MUST be unlocked to avoid bootloop/softbrick (I won't provide support for locked BL), you can relock it if needed.
* Make sure you have MTK VCOM drivers installed & SP FlashTool is in working condition, if not please refer to OP.
* Make sure your phone is charged before continue with the upgrade process.
* Make sure you have created ALL neccesary backup, esp ROM dump; I will not be responsible for any data loss.

The following guides used a more "official" way to upgrade, it will soon be replaced by easier method: TWRP flashable ROM.

UPGRADING TO EMUI 3.0 B301 BETA

Note: B301 is a closed beta ROM optimized for EU sets.

Method #1: Restore B301 Dump Using SPFT
Tips: You can use this method no matter what version you are currently running.

1) Download B301 dumped files (906 MB) provided by @kornis01 on this post, extract it when done.
2) Download View attachment B301_extras.zip, extract it, then add the extracted files to 'OUTPUT' folder above. (12+2=14 files)
3) Open SP FlashTool & load the scatter inside 'OUTPUT' folder, all 13 items should be loaded & checked.
4) Press 'F8' for Firmware Upgrade. (or 'F9' - Download if 'Firmware Upgrade' failed.)
5) Power off your phone and connect it to your computer. (Tips: Try connecting without battery if connecting with battery doesn't work)
6) Wait until the flashing process complete, then disconnect it, boot to stock recovery and perform a factory reset. (Ignore any error msg)

Method #2: Using B301 OTA update.zip
Requirement: SD Card, device MUST be running C432B111 with untouched system, stock boot and recovery.
Tips: If you flashed TWRP to device, you can restore stock recovery by flashing UPDATE-RestoreStockRecovery_JB_B111.zip.

1) Download B301 OTA file update_B301.zip (703 MB) and copy it to your SD Card. (Do not extract or rename the file)
2) Download H30-U10_EU_TWRP_*_LiveRecovery.zip & View attachment UPDATE-UpgradeWithOTAZip_B301.zip
3) Extract LiveRecovery & copy dload folder and UPDATE-UpgradeWithOTAZip_B301.zip to root dir of SD Card.
4) Reboot your phone & you should be booted to TWRP automatically. (If not, try other sd cards)
5) Press [Install] & navigate to /external_sd, select "UPDATE-UpgradeWithOTAZip_B301.zip" & confirm to flash it.
6) The phone will be rebooted to stock recovery and the upgrade process will begin. (Might fail if /system files has been modified)
7) Once the upgrade process completed, select "reboot system" and press power button to reboot.
Note:
* Factory Reset is optional but recommended if upgraded through this method.
* In case of bootloop after the upgrade, please perform the "Unlocking Bootloader" steps again.

UPGRADING TO EMUI 3.0 B310

Note: B310 is a leaked (probably beta) International ROM customized for Middle East countries.

Requirement+: SD Card & Stock recovery.
Tips:
* If you flashed TWRP to device, you can restore stock recovery by flashing UPDATE-RestoreStockRecovery_JB_B111.zip.
* If your stock recovery does not support upgrading to B310, extract & flash B111 stock recovery from above ^ zip first.

1) Download V100R001C900B310 (843.9 MB), extract it, then copy extracted dload folder to root dir of your SD Card.
2) Power off the phone, then start the phone by pressing & holding ALL three buttons together to enter SD Upgrade mode.
3) The upgrade process should begin automatically, loading will take some time, wait until it finished, then reboot. (Ignore any error)
4) Start the phone and continue with phone Setup, then check if you have EMUI 3.0 Launcher, if yes, you can skip all the below steps.

5) Download View attachment UPDATE-EMUI3-SetupFix_B310.zip and copy it to your SD Card. (No need to extract)
6) Download latest SPFT flashable TWRP for your variant, eg: H30-U10_TWRP_*.zip or H30-U10_EU_TWRP_*.zip
7) Now start SP FlashTool & load the scatter inside TWRP_Recovery folder, then press 'Download' button.
8) Power off the phone and connect the phone to computer. (Remove battery if connecting with battery doesn't work for you)
9) SP FlashTool should begin flashing the TWRP right after the screen turned off, disconnect the phone from pc when done.
10) Boot to TWRP, touch [Install] and select /external_sd/UPDATE-EMUI3-SetupFix_B310.zip and flash it.
11) Reboot to system, check if everything is OK, eg: EMUI 3.0 Launcher instead of stock Android Launcher.
Note:
* Perform a 'Factory Reset' if you have any issue like app crashing, force close, etc.
* In case you have difficulty entering TWRP, try with other timing or key combinations. (Refer to OP for alternative methods)

P/S: Please DO NOT quote the whole post while replying, thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited:

zan.

Feb 22, 2015
Nothing Phone 1
SOME FACTS
* CN ROMs use a common presets for all regions, hence why you won't have any problem using it with any variant.
* These ROM come with gapps, you do not need to flash gapps packages manually.

Once again, you have done a great work. Just a comment: China roms, like e.g the latest B266, do not come with all gapps. B266 has only google services installed and you need to manually install Google play and Google sync. There are two alternative ways to do that: 1. You can flash with custom recovery the gapps packages from the links in OP. 2. You can download Google play and Google sync from the online huawei market (http://a.vmall.com/search?wd=google sync) and install them.

Google play: http://a.vmall.com/app/C10057661
Google sync: http://a.vmall.com/app/C10029399

Sent from my Onda V975m using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Wollu and codelover

younastag

Apr 22, 2015
I want to send photos sample but when I tried to send it display that write URL but my images are in SD card how can I send?

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Reactions: kraj21710

alb12

Sep 22, 2012
Method #2: Using B301 OTA update.zip
Requirement: SD Card, device MUST be running C432B111 with untouched system, stock boot and recovery.

If i have c432b109(EU version with old digitalizer), how can i use this method? Can i update to b111 (which it was released only for new EU devices with different digitalizer)?

mr.m.imran

Jun 29, 2014
B310: Smooth transition!

I'm - was - on B115 in International set. Just downloaded the B310, unzipped, copied to SD card, performed a local update and voila! No worries about having to apply patches to get the signals back, or to install gapps... Honestly, I never thought I'd see this day :) Doesn't seem to be any issue so far. Some posts did mention disabled gestures or inability to install themes but I guess those were referring to EU sets. Thanks to all of those who guide and provide links for all of this stuff here.

Last edited:

codelover

Oct 11, 2012
The Land Below The Wind
I just refert back to Signed B108, but something's going wrong with the signal. it's gone, it seems i just flashing the un-official rom.
how could it be? anyway is it normally happen? then i just need to flash the modemfix through twrp?
#EDIT# I just forced update to B310 which comes with emui 3.0 for intl. set, but the problem still persist that the signal is disappear.
Getting IMEI on back on locked B108 is very tricky, i had to first revert back to B115 before B108 to get the IMEIs working last time.
It's recommended that you restore the original NVRAM backup before you unlock the phone, flash B108, and perform a Data Format with LiveTWRP before booting.
Also you can refer to what our friend berreh shared here.

Is this the official ROM? Updates and bug fixes will do later?
Nope, these are leaked & beta UNOFFICIAL ROMs, but it has better compatibility compared to CN ROMs.

Someone manage to full root C900B310? Live recovery is not working on this rom (the phone boot normaly); the bootloader must be unlocked?
Yes many reported root is working fine with B310, you will have to flash TWRP to the device, and yes, you need to be unlocked.

If i have c432b109(EU version with old digitalizer), how can i use this method? Can i update to b111 (which it was released only for new EU devices with different digitalizer)?
You can't use this method unless you are on B111, yes you can update to B111 without any issue, but what for? SPFT method would be direct & faster.

I'm - was - on B115 in International set. Just downloaded the B310, unzipped, copied to SD card, performed a local update and voila! No worries about having to apply patches to get the signals back, or to install gapps... Honestly, I never thought I'd see this day :) Doesn't seem to be any issue so far. Some posts did mention disabled gestures but I guess those were referring to EU sets. Thanks to all of those who guide and provide links for all of this stuff here.
As i mentioned, B310 is likely made for International sets, but customized for Middle East countries.
If you bought your 3c from any of those countries (eg: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, UAE, etc), then you don't need the patch, but it won't harm either if you applied it.
When users from other regions tries to use B310, it will give them something different, eg: No EMUI launcher, no Motions & Gestures settings, etc.

faticata

Jan 9, 2014
OnePlus 8
Dear all,

Thank you for donating your time and experience, specially for the OP, of course.
In the meantime, i'm on B310 and having some trouble step into the Engineer Mode (dial *#*#3646633#*#*). I had no problem in the previous version B115. Any thoughts?

Regards,
David

Rayquaza

Jan 26, 2014
Pineapple Land
Getting IMEI on back on locked B108 is very tricky, i had to first revert back to B115 before B108 to get the IMEIs working last time.
It's recommended that you restore the original NVRAM backup before you unlock the phone, flash B108, and perform a Data Format with LiveTWRP before booting.
Also you can refer to what our friend berreh shared here.

I just figure out that my phone is reversal of international rom. When i was flashing unoffcial rom then to get back the imei i flash the modemfix MY. But, this case is reverse, when i was in intl. roms i didn't get the imei. But the only way i have done is flashing modemfix CN. Something wrong with my device?

D

Deleted member 5071266

I'm using B310. Is there any way to use Xposed on this ROM without disabling Resources? I read somewhere that you can disable the theme engine by build.prop but it's still showing that red warning. I tried some power menu modules and they're not working. None of the modules I tried are working even after disabling Resources. Please help.

Sent from my H30-U10 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: shabbora123

Wel1973

Feb 24, 2012
Seville
That´s very interesting for me. But otherwiase I´m not be able to convert UPDATE.APP into a Flash tool file.
I don´t no why, because can´t find _PrepareFiles.exe in any site. Can extract all files in ROM_UPDATE but ther isn´t any .exe files or provive me.
I have tried it with 3 differents firmwares and get the same result. I have revised tutorial often and there´snt error on that to comment, except this one.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

schizlow

Oct 28, 2014
San Jose Del Monte
That´s very interesting for me. But otherwiase I´m not be able to convert UPDATE.APP into a Flash tool file.
I don´t no why, because can´t find _PrepareFiles.exe in any site. Can extract all files in ROM_UPDATE but ther isn´t any .exe files or provive me.
I have tried it with 3 differents firmwares and get the same result. I have revised tutorial often and there´snt error on that to comment, except this one.
Thank you in advance.

It will only work if its on its default location which is CL's project folder. Redownload the folder again :)

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

@CL can you update the custom rom thread :):eek::eek::eek:

To$i

Aug 8, 2014
Islamabad
Can't Flash MIUI 6 on B310

I flashed B310 on Int'l set using SPFT guide and it's working great but then I tried flashing latest TWRP 2.8.6.0 and that happened successfully too and then I flashed MIUI 6 (Multi Language) with successful result. But when I turned on phone after flashing it, the Mi Logo just comes and goes like flashing. I left phone for 15 minutes and still it's just logo flashing. The phone is not vibrating. Can anyone help me?

Wel1973

Feb 24, 2012
Seville
Exact, there was a problem with download and now I have it extracted correctly. :D
Now, I´ve necessary files and have used firmware of P1 to extract file them for Sp flash tool. Sactter.txt is named like MT6582 but my terminal is not this nomenclature. Might it to work, anyway? and if it is like that ... would it work for all the firmwares of Huawei? Anyone that is the terminal?
Excuse if asking is too much but the post is quite extensive to read everything and I´m not quite shure of that. Thanks in advance for yours answers....and this fantastic Tutorial:good:

codelover

Oct 11, 2012
The Land Below The Wind
i'm on B310 and having some trouble step into the Engineer Mode (dial *#*#3646633#*#*).
I had no problem in the previous version B115. Any thoughts?
Try this code maybe.

I just figure out that my phone is reversal of international rom.
When i was flashing unoffcial rom then to get back the imei i flash the modemfix MY.
But, this case is reverse, when i was in intl. roms i didn't get the imei. But the only way i have done is flashing modemfix CN.
Something wrong with my device?
Nothing wrong, it's like that, like i said it's possible but very tricky, i would advise you to stay with unlocked and don't flash signed unless really necessary.
If you must get back to B108 signed, try Full Format Except Preloader, restore NVRAM then only flash B108, but please proceed with caution.

I'm using B310. Is there any way to use Xposed on this ROM without disabling Resources? I read somewhere that you can disable the theme engine by build.prop but it's still showing that red warning. I tried some power menu modules and they're not working. None of the modules I tried are working even after disabling Resources. Please help.
If you disabled Resources Hook, many xposed modules won't work because they depend on that function to do the work.
EMUI uses the similar technique for it's theming engine, and that caused trouble for Xposed, so you can only choose one.

I flashed B310 on Int'l set using SPFT guide and it's working great but then I tried flashing latest TWRP 2.8.6.0 and that happened successfully too and then I flashed MIUI 6 (Multi Language) with successful result. But when I turned on phone after flashing it, the Mi Logo just comes and goes like flashing. I left phone for 15 minutes and still it's just logo flashing. The phone is not vibrating. Can anyone help me?
Make sure you 'Format Data' in TWRP prior to installing the ROM.
I am not sure if the MIUI V6 shared by Ax1qwer work for International set or not, i think he swapped the kernel with EU kernel.

@CL can you update the custom rom thread :)
Thanks for the advice! Yes i figured i should update it, wish i could, but unfortunately i don't have much time to test new ROMs nowaday,
plus the guy on 4pda did a very good job maintaining the latest list of custom ROMs, so it's better refer to the 4pda post for new ROMs.
But if anyone of you tested any custom ROMs, feel free to share here along with some screenshots, i am more than happy to add it to the custom rom thread/post.

Exact, there was a problem with download and now I have it extracted correctly. :D
Now, I´ve necessary files and have used firmware of P1 to extract file them for Sp flash tool. Sactter.txt is named like MT6582 but my terminal is not this nomenclature. Might it to work, anyway? and if it is like that ... would it work for all the firmwares of Huawei? Anyone that is the terminal?
Excuse if asking is too much but the post is quite extensive to read everything and I´m not quite shure of that. Thanks in advance for yours answers....and this fantastic Tutorial:good:
Did you mean Ascend P1? As far as i know the phone doesn't use MTK chip so it's doesn't use SP FlashTool either.
I am afraid you used the wrong guide, this guide is for Honor 3C with MT6582 only, sorry i can't help with the phone as i am not familiar with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wel1973
D

Deleted member 5071266

If you disabled Resources Hook, many xposed modules won't work because they depend on that function to do the work.
EMUI uses the similar technique for it's theming engine, and that caused trouble for Xposed, so you can only choose one.

Thanks for replying. I disabled the theme engine by changing ro.config.hwtheme=2 to ro.config.hwtheme=0, and did not disable *Resources Hook* but none of the modules I tried are working. I'm using the latest version of Xposed.

Sent from my H30-U10 using XDA Free mobile app

schizlow

Oct 28, 2014
San Jose Del Monte
@CL So far this is the roms I have tried :)) Will try others or spend more time on finding bugs :)

CM11 1.0_5.29 and CM11 by fxluy800 - wierd static sound when touching the screen, cant take a video (camera app force closes when switching to video mode)no sound on music player, invalid imei.

Aosp rom from the list, i forgot the name - Didnt boot, booted one time but too many force closes (system ui and other core apps)

H30-U10_ Xperia-v4.0_UI-v4a_SD - Didnt boot, maybe I was impatient tho :#

H30-U10Miracle II Xperia E4 - Too many force closes (system ui and other core apps) do a factory reset and got stucked on charging logo even though im not charging.

H30-U10-LG G3 OS no other language so didnt test it for long. Reverted to B266

Sent from my H30-U10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

stcosmin

Jan 13, 2011
I'm uzing the EU BETA on my chinese honor 3C for a couple of days, and my first impression is that kitkat is a little bit to much. Is hard to explain, but this is the overall feeling. Does anyone else have the same feeling? The new/different digitalizer can affect the functionality?

mr.m.imran

Jun 29, 2014
Reverting back from B310 to B115 (Int'l)

Okay so B310 is doing fine on International set, but I want to know something just in case. If I wish to revert to B115 (International) then a simple forced upgrade would do or will I need to get back the signed 108 (through SPFT) and then upgrade to B115?

mymo82

Apr 9, 2011
I installed the Emui 3.0 according to Codelover's guide and it worked like a charm, the guide was simple to follow and complete as usual.

Unfortunately, before perfoming the wipes, I had forgotten to backup my pictures, which went lost. After flashing the TWRP recovery, I tried to mount the internal sd and connect my phone to the PC, as to recover the data via Recuva or a similar software, but the intermal memory of phone doesn't get recognized as drive by windows. Where am I going wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tkrRfUN.png

More information about this device:
    GXnnz3v.png

DIFFERENT VARIANTS AND VERSIONS OF Honor 3C
    There are now five main versions of Honor 3C that i am aware of:
    H30-U10 (联通2G), H30-T00 (移动1G), H30-T10 (移动2G), H30-L01 (移动4G) and H30-L02 (联通4G).

Most guides and resources provided on this thread are dedicated to Honor 3C 2G H30-U10 with MT6582 chip.
    But guides like SD Upgrade and ROM flashing using SPFT might also applicable to other variants with MT6582.
    Just make sure you don't mess up and use only files dedicated to your device, please check, and double check.

Since we will be working with Honor 3C H30-U10, let's discuss some known variants of this version.

• International set: Comes with LOCKED bootloader. (Ref. Build number: H30-U10 V100R001C900B1XX)
    • China set: Comes with UNLOCKED bootloader. (Ref. Build number: H30-U10 V100R001CHNC00B1XX)
    • Europe set: Comes with LOCKED bootloader. (Ref. Build number: H30-U10 V100R001C432B1XX)
    Note: International set sometimes referred to as global, MY (Malaysia) or TW (Taiwan) set.​

USEFUL LINKS & RESOURCES
    H30-U10 ROM (In UPDATE.APP format)
    Official ROM for International Set
    * EMUI 2.0 / V100R001C900B110 / JellyBean 4.2.2 (Mirror: UsersFiles, Mega)
    * EMUI 2.0 / V100R001C900B115 / JellyBean 4.2.2 (Latest) (Official, Mirror: UsersFiles)
    Official ROM for International Set (New Revision/Set)
    * EMUI 2.0 / V100R001C900B127 / JellyBean 4.2.2 (Official, Mirror: UsersFiles) (New/diff digitizer)
    Official ROM for International Set (Region Based Update)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001C900B320 / KitKat 4.4.2 (Optimized for SouthEast Asia countries) (Official, usersfiles)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001C900B320 / KitKat 4.4.2 (Same with above, higher zip compression) (Official, usersfiles)
    Official ROM for China Set
    * EMUI 2.0 / V100R001CHNC00B149 / JellyBean 4.2.2 (稳定版 / Stable Build) (Official)
    * EMUI 2.3 / V100R001CHNC00B629 / 4.10.16 / KitKat 4.4.2 (开发版 / Developer Build) (Official)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001CHNC00B255SP01 / 4.12.10 / KitKat 4.4.2 (开发版 / Developer Build) (Official)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001CHNC00B256SP01 / 4.12.20 / KitKat 4.4.2 (稳定版 / Stable Build) (Official)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001CHNC00B261 / 5.02.06 / KitKat 4.4.2 (稳定版 / Stable Build) (Official)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001CHNC00B266 / 5.05.08 / KitKat 4.4.2 (稳定版 / Stable Build) (Official, UsersFiles, Mega)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001CHNC00B267 / 5.08.12 / KitKat 4.4.2 (稳定版 / Stable Build) (Official, UsersFiles)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001CHNC00B268 / 5.10.27 / KitKat 4.4.2 (稳定版 / Stable Build) (Official, UsersFiles)
    Official ROM for Europe Set
    * EMUI 2.0 / V100R001C432B109 / JellyBean 4.2.2 (Official)
    * EMUI 2.0 / V100R001C432B111 / JellyBean 4.2.2 (Official, Mega) (Note: For sets with new/diff digitizer)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001C432B306 / JellyBean 4.4.2 (Official, UsersFiles) (Note: Works woth both old/new digitizer)
    Unofficial ROM (Leaked & Beta) (Outdated now)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001C432B301 / KitKat 4.4.2 (Optimized for EU sets) (SPFT Dump shared by kornis01)
    * EMUI 3.0 / V100R001C900B310 / KitKat 4.4.2 (Optimized for Middle East countries) (Official, Mega mirrored by Ax1qwer)

Note:
    * For devices that come with B127/B129/B111, use only EMUI 3.0 B3XX releases and NOT the B2XX . (Touch issue)

SP Flash Tool Flashable ROM
    Signed Factory Stock ROM for International Set (H30-U10 V100R001C900B108)
    Signed Factory Stock ROM for Europe Set (H30-U10 V100R001C432B111)
    * To Honor 3C europe set users: ONLY use B111 if your device come with this version, otherwise use B108.

Custom ROM in Zip Format (With Custom Recovery Only)
    <Click HERE for tested custom ROM>
    * To be updated / contact me if you know any good one or want to add yours to the list.

Flashable Zip (With Custom Recovery Only)
    Chainfire SuperSU (For root & Superuser app)
    Google Apps for JB 4.2.2 (gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip)
    Google Apps for 4.4+ (Delta GApps)
    Google Apps for 5.1+ (TK GApps) (Note: 'pico' or 'nano' version preferred)

Drivers
    Handset WinDriver v1.00.00.31 (Drivers for ADB, MTP, USB Mass Storages, etc)
    DriverAutoInstaller v1.1236.00 (Drivers for MediaTek USB VCOM)
    MediaTek USB VCOM Driver v1.1123.00 (MTK VCOM driver for Win 8.1 x64) (Important: read this)

Programs & Tools
    SP Flash Tool v3.1324.0.sn177 (SecBoot)
    Hi-Suite - Android Smart Device Manager (Official software by Huawei)
    Huawei Update Extractor by @worstenbrood (Tool to work with Huawei update.app)
    MTK Droid Root by @rua1 (Multi-function ROM Tool)

Miscellaneous
    H30-U10 JB Kernel Source (Kernel 3.4.5)
    H30-U10 KK Kernel Source (Kernel 3.4.67)
    Online Themes for EMUI 2.0 (Theme preview & downloadable .hwt format)
    Online Themes for EMUI 2.3 (Theme preview & downloadable .hwt format)

NOTE: Password to download & extract file, if needed: codelover@xda

CREDIT & THANKS
    gavrila from 4pda.ru - For sharing unlocked bootloader and provide modem hack tips! Huge thanks!
    cvg from LYN - For sharing stock B108 SPFT flashable ROM and other useful resources.
    @Dees_Troy - For the greatest TWRP Recovery
    @carliv - For his Carliv Touch Recovery and Modified CWM for MTK phones.
    @yuweng - For his Easy Magic TWRP Installer for MTK phones.
    @worstenbrood - For his Huawei Update Extractor, the best software to work with update.app.
    @Whiskey103 - For his screenshot taking tool.
    @Chainfire - For his SuperSU.
    @TKruzze, @osm0sis - For their TK gapps packages.
    @Deltadroid - For his Delta gapps packages.

And many many more who contributed to the projects, thank you all!

DISCLAIMER
    All guides and informations shared on this page are purely based on my own personal experiences.

I cannot guarantee that these informations are 100% correct, there is a chance that some of the info is inaccurate/wrong,
    but i can assure you all these guides have been personally tested and proven working from my repeated trials and tests.
    Though, i cannot promise that these tricks will work on your device, nor won't brick your device, there is always a risk.

I will NOT be responsible for any loss or damage caused, or alleged to have been caused, directly or indirectly,
    by the informations or ideas suggested or referenced, including but not limited to links and files provided on this thread.

Please try at your own risk. Your warranty is now void.

I am more than happy to answer any question related to the guides, all others irrelevant question will be ignored.
    All private message asking for support will NOT be entertained, i have shared everything i know about the device.

Please note that most guides found on this page were written with Honor 3C H30-U10 (MY) locked set in mind,
    Make sure you have read and understand all the steps, and check whether the guide is applicable to your device before applying it.

ALL About Recovery

Custom Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.x
    Ported with the help of @yuweng's Easy Magic TWRP Installer, further improved to work better with Honor 3C.

Reminder: Before making any backup with this recovery, remember to change storage location to Micro-SD
    ErSzooZ.png

Z4qdx23.png
    CPsUfIS.png

MWkGsEO.png
    E7OLc1Z.png

jNwcwUn.png
    sDVYFFC.png

pQMAYfL.png
    5Z8C1Cn.png
    Custom Recovery: Carliv CWM Based Recovery v6
    Ported using files provided by Carliv, please visit Carliv's thread for more information about this recovery.

16Dkxu7.png

S4TSVcj.png

HLyRDmc.png

zgREcVU.png

67DFNGp.png
    Custom Recovery: Carliv Touch Recovery (CTR) 1.4
    Ported using files provided by Carliv, please visit Carliv's thread for more information about this recovery.
    Note: Touch buttons are not functioning, use volume & power keys to navigate; This version has no gzip compression support.

7PtYSPr.png

NSmoyIN.png

z52e5Lk.png

19pongK.png

8mKPBvU.png

Wz82Ov2.png
    Running Live Recovery: Use TWRP without flashing the recovery to device
    Tips: MicroSD card is needed to run recovery using this method.

1) Download Live TWRP provided on this thread, extract the zip & copy 'dload' folder to to your SDCard.

Fy9z0uQ.png

2) Make sure there are 2 files under the folder /sdcard/dload/, which are: au_temp.cfg & UPDATE.APP.

wZ7IvLk.png

3) Also copy any UPDATE.ZIP that you want to flash via recovery to SDCard. (Eg: UPDATE-SuperSU-*.zip)

fkvmrG9.png

4) Now power off the phone and press power button to restart the phone.

5) Instead of booting normally the phone will be booted into Live TWRP Recovery.

b6zXPgx.png

6) Now do whatever you want with the recovery, eg: flash update.zip, backup, restore, etc.

7) When you are done with recovery:

A) If you are using my LiveTWRP 2.8.1.0 & above, skip step 8-13 and jump to step #14.
    B) If you are using my LiveTWRP 2.7.1.0 / 2.8.0.0, continue with the following steps.

For LiveTWRP 2.8.0.0 & below, you MUST delete 'au_temp.cfg' in SDCard before restarting the phone.

8) To do so, touch the 'Home' icon to return to main menu, then touch 'Advanced' button.

O8eLicK.png

9) Touch 'File Manager' button.

BB0LTz4.png

10) Browse to '/sdcard/dload/', find the file 'au_temp.cfg' and touch on it to bring up the actions menu.

AYSeGr4.png

11) Now touch 'Delete' button on the actions menu.

yltpr93.png

12) Confirm file deletion by swiping the blue icon.

9HAqpCI.png

13) Now you can boot normally again, touch 'Home' icon to return to main menu.

AsS4lCE.png

14) Touch 'Reboot' button to enter the reboot menu.

sh7btec.png

15) You can choose to Power off the device or reboot into android system directly, it's up you.

c22vDwI.png
    Installing Custom Recovery: Flashing custom recovery to device with SPFT
    Warning:
    * Your bootloader MUST be unlocked before you install custom recovery on your phone, otherwise you will get a bootloop.

Tips:
    * If you just want to use custom recovery but do not want to unlock your device, use Live Recovery instead.

1) Download your favorite custom recovery from this thread, eg: TWRP, and extract the zip content to 'Honor 3C' project dir.

IKc2Siu.png

2) Open SP FlashTool, click [Scatter-loading] and browse to 'Honor3C' project dir, then select recovery folder and click 'Open'.

YfHQPgT.png

3) Select 'MT6582_Android_scatter.txt' found in the recovery folder and click 'Open'.

VARORdq.png

4) The partitions info should be loaded as shown below, press 'Download' or 'F9' on keyboard.

WsOm9oz.png

5) You will receive a warning message that not all images are loaded, press 'Yes' to continue.

7YWFmaW.png

6) SP FlashTool is waiting for connection, now connect your phone to computer using USB cable, WITHOUT the battery inserted.

7FJ7VOS.png

7) SPFT has successfully established a connection with the phone, the download process will begin.

x7LBF7O.png

8) Download in progress, this may take a few seconds...

PVnRJvk.png

9) The following GREEN circle will be displayed if the download succeeded.

OLDhbxu.png

10) Now DISCONNECT the USB cable from your phone.
    Using Custom Recovery: Root & Install SuperSU with TWRP (Full Root)
    Tips:
    * You can use Live Recovery if you do not have custom recovery installed.
    (Works for EMUI 2.0, 2.3 4.9.x & below)
    * For Honor 3C europe set of with build number of V100R001C432B1XX, please read this post before you proceed.

1) Download latest SuperSU from Chainfire's thread. (Get 'CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP' version)

2) Copy the downloaded UPDATE-SuperSU-*.zip to root dir of your SDCard as shown below.

fkvmrG9.png

3) Next, download 'UPDATE-FullRootHelper*.zip' from this thread and copy to SDCard like you just did.

4) Power off your phone, boot into custom recovery using key combinations of [Volume Up] + [Power]

5) Touch [Install] button.

Q6Z7x0D.png

6) Browse to '/external_sd' and touch on 'UPDATE-SuperSU-*.zip'.

m088idR.png

7) Make sure 'Zip file signature verification.' is unchecked, then confirm flashing.

176N1sF.png

8) If flashing succeeded the word 'Successful' will be displayed.

Zjnvoxd.png

9) Now repeat step 5-6 and flash 'UPDATE-FullRootHelper*.zip'.

10) Now your phone is fully rooted, touch 'Reboot system' to restart the phone and boot normally.
    Using Custom Recovery: Apply modem fix after installing non-official ROM
    Warning:
    * Apply this patch ONLY if your IMEIs are missing and 'No services' after you have just installed a non-official ROM.
    * Please make sure you use the correct patch based on your phone variant, eg: Use ModemFix-EU if you have EU set.

Tips:
    * MicroSD card is needed. (Although you may store the patch anywhere you can remember, and have write access to)
    * Custom recovery is needed to apply this patch. (Live Recovery can be used if you do not have one installed)

1) Download 'UPDATE-ModemFix*.zip' provided on this thread.

2) Copy the patch 'UPDATE-*.ZIP' to the root dir of your SDCard as shown below. (Note: No need to rename)

HcRTJeI.png

3) Power off your phone and boot into custom recovery with key combinations of [Volume Up] + [Power] button.

If you are using TWRP recovery:
    4) Touch [Install] button on home screen.

eRAc1jp.png

5) Use '(Up a level)' whenever needed to navigate back to root '/' directory.

AgwyWAa.png

6) Now that you are in '/', find and touch on 'sdcard' to enter the directory.

F8cGH1X.png

7) Touch on 'UPDATE.zip' to apply the fix.

4abFY8c.png

8) Make sure 'Zip file signature verification.' is unchecked, then confirm flashing.

CSoAeop.png

9) If flashing succeeded the word 'Successful' will be displayed.

oWALVb2.png

10) Touch on 'Reboot System' to restart the phone.
    If you are using CWM based recovery:
    4) Use Volume +/- keys to move highlight to 'Install zip' and press [Power] button to select.

F2aEi9K.png

5) Select 'Apply /sdcard/update.zip' and press [Power] button to enter.

spFli9n.png

6) Select 'Yes' and press [Power] button to confirm flashing.

Exni1uG.png

7) If flashing succeeded the following message will be displayed.

Qo80ioC.png

8) Use '<< Go Back' to return to main menu, enter 'Power Menu' and power off the phone.

j2DpfF8.png
    Using Custom Recovery: Running Aroma File Manager
    Tips:
    * Aroma File Manager v1.8 work best with Honor 3C. (Download aromafm-1.80.zip)
    * For CWM based recovery that supports calling Aroma FM directly, place the zip at /sdcard/clockworkmod/.aromafm/aromafm.zip
    * For TWRP recovery, place the zip in sdcard root /sdcard/aromafm-1.80.zip and use [Install] function to call the app.

2HjyWkO.png

CHANGELOG
    2014/10/06 - TWRP & LiveTWRP updated to v2.8.0.0, which has MTP support.
    2014/10/08 - 'PermissionFix' updated to V3 but renamed to 'FullRootHelper' V1 to better reflect it purpose.
    2014/11/05 - TWRP & LiveTWRP v2.8 updated to V2, optimized to work better with custom ROMs.
    2014/11/14 - Added 'RestoreStockRecovery' zip, for more info please refer to the guide 'Restoring Stock Recovery'.
    2014/11/19 - TWRP updated to 2.8.1.0, FullRootHelperV2 released, minor bug fix.
    2015/02/17 - Added TWRP 2.8.1.0 optimized for EU set that comes with Build.no C432B111.
    2015/04/18 - Updated TWRP 2.8.6.0, FullRootHelperV2d & update-binary. (Important: Read this)
    2015/05/14 - Added ModemFix for CN & EU set; FullRootHelper updated to V2e with minor bug fix.
    2015/05/15 - Updated TWRP for EU sets, now using B301 kernel which has proper SELinux support.
    2015/08/06 - Added kernel (KernelSwapper) & modem (ModemFix) from latest official EU ROM - B306.

IMPORTANT NOTE
    - ModemFix has been tested on unofficial EMUI 2.3 only, DO NOT flash it for more than 1 time.
    - Please remember to switch your 'Storage:' in TWRP to external memory (MicroSD) before making backup.
    - As of TWRP 2.8, external storage (MicroSD) will be mounted at /external_sd in recovery. (was on /sdcard)
    - FullRootHelper might cause your next OTA to fail, this is unavoidable if you want full filesystem access on KitKat.
    - Live TWRP no longer work with newer versions of EMUI released after October 2014. (4.10.x & above)
    - For devices that come with build number B111 or B127, you must use EU version of the TWRP.

WARNING: Please DO NOT hotlink or mirror these files. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Amaran: Hotlink/cermin file berikut adalah tidak diizinkan. / 警告: 以下文件不被允许转载, 谢谢合作
    Unbrick, Unlocking Bootloader, Restoring Stock & Force Upgrade

Unbrick (Recover from a bootloop caused by installing custom recovery)
    Note: This unbrick method will ONLY works if the bootloop was caused by installing custom recovery on device with LOCKED bootloader.

1) Make sure you have downloaded my 'Honor 3C' project folder and contain 'Unbrick' folder under it.

gUfWUp1.png

2) Open SP FlashTool, click [Scatter-loading] and browse to 'Unbrick' folder, enter into the dir.

Nq0nhhz.png

3) Select 'MT6582_Android_scatter.txt' found in 'Unbrick' folder and click 'Open'.

11rs8I4.png

4) The partitions info should be loaded with only 'RECOVERY' partition checked.

xdmEYag.png

5) Now press [Download] button or 'F9' on keyboard to begin the writting procedure.

xmDbZOC.png

6) You will receive a warning message that not all images are loaded, click 'Yes' to continue.

PLC90J8.png

7) SP FlashTool is waiting for connection, now connect your phone to computer using USB cable, WITHOUT the battery inserted.

7KYtQ7U.png

8) SPFT has successfully established a connection with the phone, the writing process will begin.

RILaNM9.png

9) The following GREEN circle will be displayed if the download succeeded.

sIe43uL.png

10) Now DISCONNECT the USB cable from your phone.

11) Re-insert the battery into the phone and press power button, you should be able to boot normally again.
    Unlocking Bootloader (For International aka MY/TW/Europe set ONLY)
    Warning:
    * Below steps are ONLY applicable to Honor 3C (H30-U10) that comes with locked bootloader.
    * If you unlock the bootloader, you may void the warranty of your device.

Unlocking on this device consist of two parts:
    1) Flashing a fully unlocked version of the bootloader.
    2) Flashing an unlocked secro. (To work with the unlocked bootloader).

1) Open SP FlashTool, click [Scatter-loading] and browse to 'Honor3C' project dir, then select folder 'Unlock' and click 'Open'.

GUHj619.png

2) Select 'MT6582_Android_scatter.txt' found in 'Unlock' folder and click 'Open'.

QV4YVXV.png

3) The partitions info should be loaded as shown below.

kiDQtYF.png

4) Enable 'Write Memory' under [Window] drop down menu.

nYdIQzZ.png

5) Switch to 'Write Memory' tab and click [Open raw data] button.

3PEILFw.png

6) Browse to 'Honor3C' project dir and select folder 'Unlock' and click 'Open'.

bXncoUv.png

7) Select 'preloader_huawei82_wet_jb5.bin' inside 'Unlock' folder and click 'Open'.

kY1wvpt.png

8) Now change Memory Setting to 'EMMC', Begin Address to '0x800' and Container Length to '0x1B0EC' as shown below.

7QlgEic.png

9) Double check everything is correct and press 'Write Memory' button.

9IqeB2A.png

10) SP FlashTool is waiting for connection, now connect your phone to computer using USB cable, WITHOUT the battery inserted.

40aPZnv.png

11) SPFT has successfully established a connection with the phone, the writing process will begin.

zHDmbua.png

12) The following GREEN circle will be displayed if the writing succeeded.

94HGksj.png

13) Now DISCONNECT the USB cable from your phone.

14) Return to 'Download' tab and press [Download] button or 'F9' on keyboard.

BOoNJrC.png

15) You will receive a warning message that not all images are loaded, click 'Yes' to continue.

uBAQlTr.png

16) SP FlashTool is waiting for connection, now connect your phone to computer using USB cable, WITHOUT the battery inserted.

40aPZnv.png

17) SPFT has successfully established a connection with the phone, the writing process will begin.

4q2fyUC.png

18) The following GREEN circle will be displayed if the download succeeded.

uM321QM.png

19) Now DISCONNECT the USB cable from your phone.

20) Your phone should be unlocked now, you may re-insert battery to boot normally or continue flashing recovery/ROM.
    Restoring Official Stock ROM using SPFT (+Relocking The Bootloader) (Intl. Set)
    Warning:
    * This guide is ONLY applicable to Honor 3C (H30-U10) that comes with locked bootloader.
    * DO NOT use this package on China set or other variants, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
    * Please note that the phone will be formatted prior to the installation, please make any necessary backup.

What's this all about?
    * You can follow this guide to revert back to original stock ROM which can receive official local OTA updates from Huawei.
    * This guide can also be treated as a Full Reset or Unbrick guide as you can use it to reload your whole system.
    * The ROM we will be using is B108 signed ROM, which is believed to be identical to the one used to flash locked version of H30-U10.

Important Note:
    * If your device come with B127 or B129, you MUST Force Upgrade to V100R001C900B127 after flashing B108. (To regain touch)
    * If you receive error #6010 from SP Flash Tool while flashing, you MUST first do the following:

1) Load scatter file in 'UReflash' folder, make sure only 1 item is checked.
    2) Press 'Download' and connect the phone to the computer with USB cable - without battery inserted.
    3) Wait until the process complete and after that you may continue with below steps.

To relock the bootloader, you will need SPFT SIGNED ROM:
    * For International sets or Europe sets that come with C432B109, use B108 SIGNED ROM. (761 MB)
    * For Europe sets that come with C432B111, use B111 SIGNED ROM. (739 MB)

Once you have it, extract the zip content and move the extracted 'ROM_*' folder to 'Honor3C' project dir.

iOKDMir.png

1) Open SP FlashTool, click [Scatter-loading] and browse to 'Honor3C' project main dir.

2) Select the extracted folder 'ROM_H30-U10_V100R001C900B108_SIGNED' and click 'Open'.

dk5H2UQ.png

3) Select 'MT6582_Android_scatter.txt' found in the signed ROM folder and click 'Open'.

3PhPCfm.png

4) The partitions info should be loaded as shown below, make sure ALL items are checked.

hgO0oE2.png

5) Press [Firmware Upgrade] button or 'F8' on keyboard.

ekiyrsY.png

6) SP FlashTool is waiting for connection, now connect your phone to computer using USB cable, WITHOUT the battery inserted.

uOGsEu5.png

7) SPFT has successfully established a connection with the phone, the upgrade process will begin.

aIIkxzq.png

8) SP FlashTool will verify the input images and begin writing to the phone EMMC once the verification succeeded.

fc5e361.png

9) Upgrade in progress, this may take a few minutes...

aoGWXy4.png

10) The following GREEN circle will be displayed if the upgrade succeeded.

1BnlKPc.png

11) Now DISCONNECT the USB cable from your phone.

12) Re-insert battery to your phone, press [Volume Up] + [Power] button to enter recovery.

13) Perform a 'Factory Reset/Wipe data' before booting from the rom for the first time.
    Restoring Official Stock ROM (+Relocking The Bootloader) (Europe Set - B109)
    Warning:
    * This guide is ONLY applicable to Honor 3C (H30-U10) EU set that comes with B109 & locked bootloader.
    * Please note that the phone will be formatted prior to the installation, please make any necessary backup.

What's this all about?
    * You can follow this guide to restore EU stock ROM which can receive official local OTA updates from Huawei.
    * This guide can also be treated as a Full Reset or Unbrick guide as you can use it to reload your whole system.
    * The ROM we will be using is B108+B109, which is believed to be identical to the one used to flash locked version of H30-U10.

Process Summary:
    To relock unlocked EU set, we will need to first flash the Intl. B108 ROM as it's the ONLY relocking package we have.
    Once we have (re)locked the bootloader, we can use Force Upgrade method to get C432B109 EU ROM restored.
    Note: If you did not unlock bootloader but just want to reload B109 (eg: unroot), you can skip step #2.

1) Download stock ROM for your EU set V100R001C432B109 (UPDATE.APP format, 740 MB)

2) Follow the guide "Restoring Official Stock ROM using SPFT (+Relocking The Bootloader) (Intl. Set)"

3) Follow the guide "Force Upgrade / Installing ROM using UPDATE.APP" (Using B109 UPDATE.APP)

4) Boot into stock recovery & perform a Factory Reset before you start using the phone.
    Restoring Official Stock ROM (+Relocking The Bootloader) (Europe Set - B111)
    Warning:
    * This guide is ONLY applicable to Honor 3C (H30-U10) EU set that comes with B111 & locked bootloader.

What's this all about?
    * EU set that comes with B111 is believed to have different sensors with set that comes with B109.
    * You can follow this guide to restore EU stock ROM which can receive official local OTA updates from Huawei.
    * The ROM we will be using is B111, which is believed to be identical to the one used to flash locked version of H30-U10.

Process Summary:
    To relock unlocked EU set, we will need to flash the B111 signed ROM.

1) Download stock ROM for your EU set V100R001C432B111 (739 MB)

2) Follow the guide "Restoring Official Stock ROM using SPFT (+Relocking The Bootloader) (Intl. Set)"

3) Boot into stock recovery & perform a Factory Reset before you start using the phone.
    Restoring/Installing EMUI Stock ROM using SPFT (China Set / Unlocked Intl. Set)
    Warning:
    * DO NOT flash signed B108 on your China/clone set, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
    * For Intl. set users, your bootloader MUST be unlocked first before you can flash or use this guide.

What's this all about?
    * You can follow this guide to revert back to stock ROM which can receive OTA updates from Huawei/EMUI.
    * For Intl. set users, you may consider this as flashing unofficial ROM, tho, B11X ROMs are identical to official one.

Important Note:
    * If you receive error #6010 while flashing, you MUST first do the following:
    1) Load scatter file in 'UReflash' folder, make sure only 1 item is checked.
    2) Press 'Download' and connect the phone to the computer with USB cable - without battery inserted.
    3) Wait until the process complete and after that you may continue with below steps.
    1) Download your desire version of ROM from EMUI.com. (开发版=Dev Build, 稳定版=Stable Build, 下载=Download)

jmvSeKv.png

2) Please continue with instructions found on post #7.
    Restoring Single Partition using SPFT (NVRAM, PRO_INFO, ETC) (Restore IMEIs)

What's this all about?
    * You can follow this guide to restore individual/single partition which cannot be restored using standard 'Download' method.

Warning:
    * Usually you DO NOT need to use this function, except when you accidently wrote to wrong partition, or ran a Full Format through SPFP.

Tips:
    * You will need backup file created by SPFT's Read back function, and processed by dumpSplitter. (You can also use files from MtkDroidTool)
    * These special partitions backup files can be found under 'ROM_READ\OUTPUT\NoDL\' folder and start with 'nodl_' prefix.
    * For this guide, i will be using NVRAM that stores calibration data, device IMEIs, etc as an example.
    * You can also use the same method to restore almost all partition, provided that you know the start address of the target partition.

1) Open SP FlashTool, enable 'Write Memory' under [Window] drop down menu.

w8Pnlhw.png

2) Switch to 'Write Memory' tab and click [Open raw data] button.

n42S3Hc.png

3) Browse to 'Honor3C' project dir and select folder 'ROM_READ' and click 'Open'.

zCWZlgx.png

4) Select folder 'OUTPUT' and click 'Open'.

Gova0m6.png

5) Select folder 'NoDL' and click 'Open'.

7LzHJo0.png

6) Select the file 'nodl_NVRAM' and click 'Open'.

44zH1bi.png

7) Change Memory Setting to 'EMMC', Begin Address to '0x1800000' and use File Size value as Container Length.
    8) Double check everything is entered/selected correctly, then press 'Write Memory'.

J8Ffc0k.png

9) SP FlashTool is waiting for connection, now connect your phone to computer using USB cable, WITHOUT the battery inserted.

84EDu06.png

10) SPFT has successfully established a connection with the phone, the writing process will begin.

NEBJE5R.png

11) The following GREEN circle will be displayed if the download succeeded.

dtRrsUS.png

12) Now DISCONNECT the USB cable from your phone.
    Force Upgrade / Installing ROM using UPDATE.APP (Method #1)
    What's this all about?
    * Incase you haven't heard about 'UPDATE.APP', it's one of the format used by Huawei/OEM to pack ROMs & provide updates.
    * This method requires a MicroSD with minimum size of 2 GB as the ROM itself could cost 1.2 GB for newer version of android, eg: KitKat.
    * Under normal 'Local Upgrade' mode, you are ONLY allowed to upgrade if your current version is listed under the ROM's supported version.
    * But with 'Force Upgrade', we can bypass version check and upgrade/downgrade to any supported ROM, as long as it's made for the device.

Warning
    * You must be running stock recovery in order for this to work, otherwise use method #2 below to call this function.
    * Although it's called 'upgrade', it's not actually an upgrade, it's more like a Full Reset as data partitions will be cleared.
    * Make sure the phone is fully charged as the upgrade process is power-intensive and will drain your battery quickly.

1) Download the target ROM file, extract the zip, copy extracted 'dload' folder to SDCard as '/sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP'.

992ikkK.png

2) Power off the phone, restart the phone by holding [Volume Up/+] & [Volume Down/-], then press & hold [Power] button.
    3) The phone will be booted into recovery and the upgrade process will begin automatically.

* The upgrade process takes around 3-10 minutes depending on your memory card speed.

FCH10ut.png

4) Once the upgrade process completed, a large 'OK' text similar to below will be shown and the phone will reboot by itself.

j6dZBAq.png

NOTE: If you are having International (aka MY/TW) set and upgrading to non-official ROM, you might also get the following error.

W9bzTgK.png

* The error was caused by missing preset in /cust partition specific for your country/region in non-official ROM, eg: ROMs from emui.com.
    * Don't worry as it won't affect the phone basic functionality, just restart the phone manually if you get the error message.
    Force Upgrade / Installing ROM using UPDATE.APP (Method #2)
    What's this all about?
    * Similar to method #1 above, this method can also be used to bypass version check when flashing 'UPDATE.APP'.
    * Unlike method #1 above, this method calls the target ROM's recovery and enter SD Upgrade with the help of 'au_temp.cfg'.
    * This method can be used even you are not using stock recovery, eg: installed a custom recovery.
    * However, NOT all target ROM support calling upgrade using this method, if that is the case use method #1 above.

1) Download the target ROM file, extract the zip, copy extracted 'dload' folder to SDCard as '/sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP'.

2) Create an empty file 'au_temp.cfg' and copy it to '/sdcard/dload/au_temp.cfg' alongside 'UPDATE.APP'.

cOSh3GW.png

3) Power off the phone, then start the phone normally by pressing [Power] button only.

4) The phone will be booted into recovery and the upgrade process will begin automatically.

* All remaining steps are similar to method #1 above. (Step 3 onwards)
    Reverting to / Restoring Stock Recovery
    What's this all about?
    * Some people prefer custom recovery (eg: TWRP, CWM) over stock recovery because the earlier provides more functionality.
    * However, custom recovery does not work well with Huawei specific update files, for eg: EMUI OTA zip and UPDATE.APP.
    * Because of this you will need to restore the stock recovery before you perform any EMUI related update.
    * Please note that the 'stock recovery' we are talking about is the 'Android system recovery <3e>'.

1) Download recovery flashable stock recovery 'UPDATE-RestoreStockRecovery_*.zip' from HERE.

2) Copy above .zip file to your external sdcard.

3) Boot into your custom recovery, eg: TWRP and flash (Install) the updater zip that you just copied.

4) If the flashing process completed successfuly, you should have the stock recovery restored to phone memory.

5) To confirm, back to [Home], enter '[Reboot/Power]' menu and choose 'Reboot into Recovery'.
    ROM Backup using SP Flash Tool 'Readback' feature

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CREATED A FULL ROM BACKUP BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING ELSE!

Backup your current ROM (Create ROM dump with SP FlashTool)
    Warning:
    * Files produced by this method are unsigned, thus it CANNOT be restored to a device with locked bootloader.

Tips:
    * Since the unlocking method for this device has been found, the ROM dump can now be restored easily.
    * It's recommended that you dump the ROM right after the phone comes out from the box.
    * Only system and device specific data will be dumped, user data will be skipped.
    * You can create another dump for userdata only should you think you need it. (For backup purpose only, not recommended for restore)

1) Open SP FlashTool, click [Scatter-loading] and browse to 'Honor3C' project main dir.
    2) Select the default 'MT6582_Android_scatter.txt' and click 'Open'.

PQp0LAd.png

3) The partitions info should be loaded as shown below.

h2cHOGb.png

4) Now switch to [Read back] tab.
    5) Clear all existing items in the list and click [ADD] button to create a new read back item.

WPOyVEG.png

6) Double click on the newly created item in the list. (Double click anywhere in the highlighted blue area)

DcJ5caU.png

7) Browse to 'Honor3C' project dir and select 'ROM_READ' and click 'Open'.

aho5ZFh.png

8) Change the output file name to 'ROM_FULL' and then click 'Save' button.

Du8iVtM.png

9) Edit the read back settings as following: (Type: Hex, Start Address: 0x0, Length: 0x62380000), then click 'OK'.

TKjBONb.png

10) Double check everything is correct and press 'Read back' button or 'F10' on keyboard.

CwNdtad.png

11) SP FlashTool is waiting for connection, now connect your phone to computer using USB cable, WITHOUT the battery inserted.

9JW2Clm.png

12) SPFT has successfully established a connection with the phone, the read back process will begin.

fok3ufK.png

13) Read back in progress, this process could take 30 minutes or more, please be patience...

ewVs8B0.png

14) The following GREEN circle will be displayed if the read back succeeded.

qVgJyF8.png

15) Double check the output file has been saved successfully in 'ROM_READ' folder.

GhwJCU0.png

16) Now DISCONNECT the USB cable from your phone.
    Process ROM Dump File (Convert Dump File To SPFT Flashable Files)
    1) Check and make sure dumped file 'ROM_FULL' exists in 'ROM_READ' folder.

hItfh9g.png

2) Now run 'dumpSplitter.exe' provided in the folder. (Required .NET 2.0+)

0za70sO.png

3) The program starts and begins splitting the ROM dump into it's individual partition.

fOXd18a.png

4) The processed files will be saved in 'OUTPUT' folder.

Dsur3xb.png

4) Inside 'OUTPUT' folder you can find files that can be used to restore your android system.

QIsfCOY.png

5) Inside 'NoDL' subfolder you can find files that contain important data such as device IMEIs, vendor/id, etc.

ARECdtw.png

6) Please keep ALL generated files, who knows you might need it someday.

Warning: DO NOT share files under folder 'NoDL' with people you don't know or don't trust.
    Restoring ROM Dump (Using files generated from SPFT Read back)
    Note:
    * Make sure you have already processed the ROM dump file, eg: splitted it back to it's individual partition using provided tool.

Warning:
    * You cannot and won't be able to restore from this backup unless your bootloader is/has been unlocked.

1) Open SP FlashTool, click [Scatter-loading] and browse to 'Honor3C' project dir, then select folder 'ROM_READ' and click 'Open'.

ZRwlpMk.png

2) Select folder 'OUTPUT' and click 'Open'.

vWT0bBb.png

3) Select 'MT6582_Android_scatter.txt' found in 'OUTPUT' folder and click 'Open'.

sCqEUs1.png

4) The partitions info should be loaded as shown below. (If more than 2 items are unchecked, something is not right! Stop now!)

mQFnX8b.png

5) Click on the 2nd last item 'CACHE', browse to 'Honor3C' project dir, select folder 'URestore' and click 'Open'.

D1LMKBQ.png

6) Select the file 'cache.img' and click 'Open'.

nhgIlDA.png

7) Now click on the last item 'USRDATA', this time select 'userdata.img' and click 'Open'.

Qy6741h.png

8) Now ALL partition should have it's source defined, make sure the files path are similar to below.

2tiaDwA.png

9) Next, press [Firmware Upgrade] button or 'F8' on keyboard.

9hwwqqe.png

10) SP FlashTool is waiting for connection, now connect your phone to computer using USB cable, WITHOUT the battery inserted.

Qz2E8OK.png

11) SPFT has successfully established a connection with the phone, the upgrade process will begin.

hYxqAlZ.png

12) Upgrade in progress, this may take a few minutes...

mOkfocd.png

13) The following GREEN circle will be displayed if the upgrade succeeded.

1nGVEG2.png

14) Now DISCONNECT the USB cable from your phone.
    Before We Begin...

BEFORE We Begin, Make Sure You

DCqylxw.png
    HAVE Compatible Version of 'Handset Driver' Installed.
    * This driver provide access for device services such as ADB, MTP, USB Mass Storages, etc.
    * You can get 'Handset WinDriver 1.00.00.31' from HERE. (18.5 MB - Mediafire)
    * NOTE: It's recommended that you install the driver as Adminstrator while the phone is connected.

Driver shared courtesy of cvg from LYN
    DCqylxw.png
    HAVE 'MediaTek VCOM Driver' Installed.
    * This driver allow SP FlashTool to work with the device running under META/PreLoader mode.
    * You can get the driver from HERE.
    (9.6 MB - Mediafire)
    * NOTE: It's recommended that you install the driver as Adminstrator while the phone is connected.

Driver shared courtesy of cvg from LYN
    DCqylxw.png
    HAVE Prepared Memory Card (Micro SD), and...
    * Required for storing ROM & updater files, mainly UPDATE.APP and UPDATE.ZIP.
    * Need to be FAT32 formatted, has minimum 1.3 GB free space if you plan to use ROM upgrade feature.
    * MicroSD class 10 or higher is recommended for faster operation.
    DCqylxw.png
    KNOW How To Transfer Files From Computer to SD Card.
    * You can manage files on SD card easily by connecting the phone to PC with USB cable.
    * You need to connect the phone as MTP or USB-Storage mode.

NL9gSUH.png
    DCqylxw.png
    KNOW How To Enter Device Specific Modes.
    NOTE: The device MUST be powered OFF before you can enter below modes:

RECOVERY MODE (METHOD #1)
    Press and hold [Power] while holding down [Volume Up/+], release all when REC booted.

RECOVERY MODE (METHOD #2)
    Press and hold [Power] until it vibrates, immediately press & hold [Volume Up/+], release all when REC booted.

RECOVERY MODE (METHOD #3)
    NOTE:
    This method only applicable if you have custom recovery installed on the device.
    Press and hold [Power] while holding down [Volume Up/+] and [Volume Down/-], release all when REC booted.

RECOVERY MODE (METHOD #4)
    NOTE:
    This method requires you to have adb driver & binary setup and working.
    Open Windows Command Prompt and type "adb reboot recovery".

FASTBOOT MODE
    Press and hold [Power] while holding down [Volume Down/-], release all when honor logo appears.

* NOT all ROMs support calling fastboot using this method.

SD UPGRADE MODE (METHOD #1)
    1) Copy ROM upgrade file 'UPDATE.APP' to '/sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP'.
    2) Press and hold [Power] while holding down [Volume Up/+] and [Volume Down/-], release all when logo appears.

* You need stock recovery for this to work, if you flashed custom recovery this method won't work.

SD UPGRADE MODE (METHOD #2)
    1) Copy ROM upgrade file 'UPDATE.APP' to '/sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP'.
    2) Create an empty text file and save it as 'au_temp.cfg', copy the file to '/sdcard/dload/au_temp.cfg'.
    3) Start the device normally by pressing [Power] button only.

* NOT all ROMs upgrade can be called using this method, phone will boot normally if this is the case.
    * Unlinke method #1 above, this method will work even you are not running stock recovery.

PRELOADER MODE
    Simply connect the device to computer with USB cable while the device is powered off.

With Battery: Exit PRELOADER mode after a while and enter battery charging mode if no connection is made.
    Without Battery: Keep restarting the phone (and vibrate) until a connection is made, eg: SPFT
    * You MUST have MTK PreLoader USB VCOM driver installed for this to work.
    * Although both methods would work, entering this mode without battery is preferred.
    DCqylxw.png
    HAVE Downloaded My 'Honor3C' Project Folder With Tools.
    * The project folder contains SP Flash Tool and some other tools to work with Honor3C ROMs.
    * Download the project folder from HERE.
    (13.4 MB - Mediafire, password: codelover@xda)
    * EXTRACT the downloaded zip and copy the project folder to root directory of your drive. (C:\, D:\, E:\)
    * From now on, remember that this folder is to be called 'Honor3C project dir' in my guides.

syQwjDp.png
    DCqylxw.png
    CREATED Complete Backup (ROM Dump and Personal Files)
    The following tools can be used to create full ROM dump of your existing ROM.

1) SP Flash Tool 'ReadBack' feature.
    (Can be used before first boot)
    2) MTK Droid & Tools by rua. (Required a rooted device)

To backup personal files, you can use Hi-Suite. (Official software by Huawei)
    DCqylxw.png
    UNDERSTAND That You May Lose Your Phone Warranty (By Unlocking)