Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Colorful 3D icons

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

peterbonge

Sep 16, 2006
A request for the graph widget:
A color option for the time markers (vertical lines) and the outer lines would be nice. I'm using the Material white background and these lines are completely invisible.

Leostaley

Jan 15, 2014
A few feature requests to push 3C over the top

HOWDY!

I DO have the paid, pro version of 3C. Okay, so yeah, 3C is pretty much the best. It is ALMOST the perfect app and system management tool. Almost. But strangely, it's missing a few features that one might expect from such a comprehensive app.

The missing features are as follows:

1. "Make system app."
I found this functionality in an app called "Ultimate Backup" I can't link it because my account on xda is too new. Anyway, In the Advanced Actions tab for an app in Ultimate backup, the option exists to toggle the "system app" status of any app, to change a user app to a system app, or vice versa. This has been critical in getting rid of some carrier and manufacturer bloatware on my phone, and I figured it was the sort of thing that 3C would be able to do too, but, for some reason, it doesn't.

2. Also included in many app managers, including Ultimate Backup, you have a link to the Google Play store for any app app you select. This would be really helpful in 3C as well.

3. Charts detailing storage used, like in Ultimate Backup. I highly recommend having a look at the app to see some of the things it does which 3C could do too. Although, for the charts detailing storage, It would be even better to have multiple view options for it, including a pie chart of all data on the phone.

4. Finally, a great program with a fair bit of overlap with 3C, "Elixer2" has links to a ton of information that seems pretty obvious should be accessible in 3C as well, especially the stuff in the "Wifi Settings" and "Phone Info" Android underbelly. Elixer2 also has better designed, and thus more useful, task manager (with it's multiple views), and file explorer (with more details displayed) which 3C could definitely take some cues from.

Anyway, thanks for the great app, and keep up the good work!

-Leo

Last edited:

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
HOWDY!

I DO have the paid, pro version of 3C. Okay, so yeah, 3C is pretty much the best. It is ALMOST the perfect app and system management tool. Almost. But strangely, it's missing a few features that one might expect from such a comprehensive app.

1. "Make system app."
I found this functionality in an app called "Ultimate Backup" I can't link it because my account on xda is too new. Anyway, In the Advanced Actions tab for an app in Ultimate backup, the option exists to toggle the "system app" status of any app, to change a user app to a system app, or vice versa. This has been critical in getting rid of some carrier and manufacturer bloatware on my phone, and I figured it was the sort of thing that 3C would be able to do too, but, for some reason, it doesn't.

2. Also included in many app managers, including Ultimate Backup, you have a link to the Google Play store for any app app you select. This would be really helpful in 3C as well.

3. Charts detailing storage used, like in Ultimate Backup. I highly recommend having a look at the app to see some of the things it does which 3C could do too. Although, for the charts detailing storage, It would be even better to have multiple view options for it, including a pie chart of all data on the phone.

4. Finally, a great program with a fair bit of overlap with 3C, "Elixer2" has links to a ton of information that seems pretty obvious should be accessible in 3C as well, especially the stuff in the "Wifi Settings" and "Phone Info" Android underbelly. Elixer2 also has better designed, and thus more useful, task manager (with it's multiple views), and file explorer (with more details displayed) which 3C could definitely take some cues from.

-Leo

Why toggle when you can simply select the system app and "uninstall". Apps manager - long press - uninstall. You need to change view to "system" or "all" first.
To "toggle" a system app, select "Move".

App manager - Backups
Long press the app - select "Store".

Did you try System Manager - SD - Analyze?

Reactions: leonardoroza

Leostaley

Jan 15, 2014
Re: A few feature requests to push 3C over the top

Why toggle when you can simply select the system app and "uninstall". Apps manager - long press - uninstall. You need to change view to "system" or "all" first.
To "toggle" a system app, select "Move".

App manager - Backups
Long press the app - select "Store".

Did you try System Manager - SD - Analyze?

------
1. Thanks! The reason one would want to is that System apps have different permissions than user apps. I would rather not just uninstall them; I would much rather turn them into a user app. I have to admit, I never would have guessed the option would have been under "move". Pretty unintuitive. I get that the files are really on a separate partition, and so converting between system and user apps involves actually moving the files, but I never looked there because I knew that my phone didn't allow moving to the SD card, and figured that's what it was for.

Nevertheless, it doesn't work. It might have to do with the fact that my phone Sony Z1Compact, doesn't allow moving apps to SD, it might not, but When I try moving a system app (I chose a Manufacturer installed wallpaper, to be safe), C3 just hangs. After restarting, I now find the app in my backups, but not in my active user apps.

I then tried moving one user app (Airdroid) to system. It worked, but I had to reboot the phone. Unfortunately, I tried moving it back, and 3C barfed again. I restarted, and luckily it looks like it's back where it's supposed to be, but *now* the app is taking up twice the space it was previously.

None of these issues ever occured when using Ultimate Backup to do it. Didn't even have to restart afterward.

2. I'm not using 3C to backup my apps so I was never gonna find it there :). Why not have it available in the app management options? That's a really unintuitive place for something that I feel should be placed a bit more visibly.

3. Yeah, it just didn't have all the viewing and analyzing options i was hoping for. Oh well.

Thanks!

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
------
1. Thanks! The reason one would want to is that System apps have different permissions than user apps. I would rather not just uninstall them; I would much rather turn them into a user app. I have to admit, I never would have guessed the option would have been under "move". Pretty unintuitive. I get that the files are really on a separate partition, and so converting between system and user apps involves actually moving the files, but I never looked there because I knew that my phone didn't allow moving to the SD card, and figured that's what it was for.

Nevertheless, it doesn't work. It might have to do with the fact that my phone Sony Z1Compact, doesn't allow moving apps to SD, it might not, but When I try moving a system app (I chose a Manufacturer installed wallpaper, to be safe), C3 just hangs. After restarting, I now find the app in my backups, but not in my active user apps.

I then tried moving one user app (Airdroid) to system. It worked, but I had to reboot the phone. Unfortunately, I tried moving it back, and 3C barfed again. I restarted, and luckily it looks like it's back where it's supposed to be, but *now* the app is taking up twice the space it was previously.

None of these issues ever occured when using Ultimate Backup to do it. Didn't even have to restart afterward.

2. I'm not using 3C to backup my apps so I was never gonna find it there :). Why not have it available in the app management options? That's a really unintuitive place for something that I feel should be placed a bit more visibly.

3. Yeah, it just didn't have all the viewing and analyzing options i was hoping for. Oh well.

Thanks!

1. I guess different devices have different problems, I never had this one. I always get very fast support when sending 3C a support request.
Just go to Help and create a request.

2. Just found that it is in app management as well. Just take one step more: Open-Store ;)

Btw, you can tap the question mark on most pages to get a compressed help on the functions.

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
HOWDY!

1. "Make system app."

-Leo

I'm always looking for constructive feedback, so thanks for that.

1. Already there, I don't know any users not aware of the fact that system apps are located in the ROM while user apps are downloaded in the device's data area, like some apps can be moved to SD. As in TiBu, a reference in this matter, it says 'integrate into ROM'. In my app, it says 'Move' and System. Every apps has its own way of putting it.

2. Already there too, in apps manager, apps tab, open / store. Can't be more straigth forward than this.

3. Already there again, System manager, SD tab, all information is there. No bling bling, just raw data organized by size. I have improvements in mind for future updates.

4. Just tried (again) elixir2. Took me some time to find the task manager, and didn't find more information than what my app provides, actually much less. Even more so for the file manager, while Elixir2 displays only names and dates, my app provides permissions, owners, dates, sizes, all at the same time for both folders and files. The sort by size only works on files in Elixir2. Couldn't find any page with WiFi info or phone info, only found the info / peripheral page with very limited info, not more than what my app provides.

Cyclu

Feb 23, 2009
I'm always looking for constructive feedback, so thanks for that.

4. Just tried (again) elixir2. Took me some time to find the task manager, and didn't find more information than what my app provides, actually much less. Even more so for the file manager, while Elixir2 displays only names and dates, my app provides permissions, owners, dates, sizes, all at the same time for both folders and files. The sort by size only works on files in Elixir2. Couldn't find any page with WiFi info or phone info, only found the info / peripheral page with very limited info, not more than what my app provides.

I use personally Elixir2 for a long time and it provides many information, even I use it for checking a lot of the XPrivacy functions.

To reveal all information, you have to click on a row to open "More information" dialog, then by clicking the arrow go to others pages. For example see the WiFi dialog in the screenshot.
By cons, indeed the file manager is too simple, I prefer one that is included in 3C Toolbox.

Attachments

• 1431770935356.jpg
    1431770935356.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 316

gdonanthony

Mar 2, 2013
Cebu City
hi its me again... im using nexus 6 now and still using 3c toolbox pro.. i really suggest giving the right options for CPU hotplug, GPU hotplug
view the github codes of Kernel Auditor or Synapse...

Sdougy

Apr 17, 2015
Bronx
plus.google.com
Proper network folder file path

Hello i just went through the entier post and still didnt find my answer so i guess ill ask . while going throught the settings i found that i had the abilty to backup to the net. ive tried everything i can think of and 3c wont accept my cloud drives as net servers. so what is the proper way to format a file in the net input of backup options so that 3c will back my stuff to the cloud thank you ive been working on this all day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-25-02-25-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-25-02-25-16.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 267

N.Tesla

Apr 10, 2014
Hi @3c ! The new notifications are beautiful! :victory:

It is certainly the best buy in google play. :fingers-crossed:

Thank you so much !! :good::good::good:

Reactions: leonardoroza

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
hi its me again... im using nexus 6 now and still using 3c toolbox pro.. i really suggest giving the right options for CPU hotplug, GPU hotplug
view the github codes of Kernel Auditor or Synapse...

I could not find any of those kernels for the Nexus 6. That said I believe Synapse is using a configurable file similarly to trickster, so if you can post this file, I could take a look at it.

Hello i just went through the entier post and still didnt find my answer so i guess ill ask . while going throught the settings i found that i had the abilty to backup to the net. ive tried everything i can think of and 3c wont accept my cloud drives as net servers. so what is the proper way to format a file in the net input of backup options so that 3c will back my stuff to the cloud thank you ive been working on this all day.

There's no option at the moment to backup to the net, this is something I'm still working on. In the app's explorer you can definitely access your net folders, should they be configured for Samba access. You have to enter at least the server name/IP, and user/password if protected. The folder should be optional in most configuration and allows you to see the shared folders of a Samba server. I use it everyday to access my NAS data and stream family movies.

thagringo

Nov 24, 2008
Hi @3c,

i know this is probably way to soon ( and sorry if this has already being reported or asked) but i installed toolbox pro on my nexus5 running the M preview and a couple of things arent working ( as expected).
Not that i have tested everything but from the things i use the most, battery statistics arent being displayed and the cpu manager is also missbehaving.

Thanks for your time !

Last edited:

reesedizan

Mar 10, 2011
Holland
When disabling permissions for applications that are installed, SuperSU does quite well for the first few permissions that are granted, but then SuperSU denies continued permissions for further disabling, thusly having to restart my phone in order to kickstart SuperSU into working again. I'll search SuperSU's forum as well to seek further direction for this issue. Thanks for your help!
Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge, Stock Lollipop.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Hi @3c,

i know this is probably way to soon ( and sorry if this has already being reported or asked) but i installed toolbox pro on my nexus5 running the M preview and a couple of things arent working ( as expected).
Not that i have tested everything but from the things i use the most, battery statistics arent being displayed and the cpu manager is also missbehaving.

Thanks for your time !

I have the Nexus 9 running the M preview, and so far I noticed the shell is broken without the expected path definition, statistics now require extra permissions which are not requested by the helper app and some old APIs have actually been entirely removed from the preview. An update should be published soon. I have no problems with CPU manager though, it's more related to kernel, but this shell issue is likely having a deeper impact.

thagringo

Nov 24, 2008
I have the Nexus 9 running the M preview, and so far I noticed the shell is broken without the expected path definition, statistics now require extra permissions which are not requested by the helper app and some old APIs have actually been entirely removed from the preview. An update should be published soon. I have no problems with CPU manager though, it's more related to kernel, but this shell issue is likely having a deeper impact.

thanks for your reply !
what i see with cpu manager is that it basically displays different stats than other apps ( like kernel adiutor) and sometimes the selected scheduler doesnt stick. But no biggie of course and as you said it might be kernel related after all. There are probably lots of more important problems that have to be taken care of first.

thanks for your time !

izeeqo

May 4, 2015
Strasbourg
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with 3C Toolbox
When I go to "CPU Management" and I've configure my settings for the CPU, I click the circular button, on the top right, next to the parameters logo , and it's marked "ON", but when I restart my phone, nothing is saved, the old parameter setting is back. What could I do ?

Gerxp

Dec 31, 2013
Schagen
I have issues with a bought version of 3C Toolbox.
Installing the System Helper app fails.
I get a fail to install message. I tried manually copying the app to Priv-app folder with a filemanager. But I dont think it helps. Because Batter Manager Statistics keeps loading forever.

I tried rebooting, removing, reinstalling.

I am on a S4, rooted, Android 5.1.1 by AntaresOne.
Any help is welcome.

Gerxp

Dec 31, 2013
Schagen
I have issues with a bought version of 3C Toolbox.
Installing the System Helper app fails.
I get a fail to install message. I tried manually copying the app to Priv-app folder with a filemanager. But I dont think it helps. Because Batter Manager Statistics keeps loading forever.

I tried rebooting, removing, reinstalling.

I am on a S4, rooted, Android 5.1.1 by AntaresOne.
Any help is welcome.

Ok I forgot to tell that I am using Multirom.
I installed the same rom as second rom. And in there I installed 3C Toolbox. Installing the helper file gave no problems.
So, not sure why it didnt install in the first place.

Next day:
problem solved after messing with primary and secundary.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

3C toolbox 2.9.3 system uptime in widget shows cpu frequence also cant show in double chart
    This will be fixed in 2.9.3d, but you'll have to edit widget configuration to show the option you want. There's been an overlap in data configuration causing this.
    3C toolbox 2.9.3 system uptime in widget shows cpu frequence also cant show in double chart
    This will be fixed in 2.9.3d, but you'll have to edit widget configuration to show the option you want. There's been an overlap in data configuration causing this.
    [APP 4.1+] 3C All-in-One Toolbox

3C Toolbox, available on Play Store and XDA Labs is the most comprehensive must-have toolbox for Android version 4.1 and above, running any ROM or kernel. Issues, suggestions, feature requests, please make sure to read post #2.

This app includes all features delivered separately in below apps. This is the result of many years of work to bring all features together in an easy-to-use giant toolbox, and it includes the features of many other apps, including Titanium Backup, Greenify, BetterBatteryStats, App2SD, Seeder, ROM Toolbox Pro, SetCPU, System Panel, Root Explorer, Autorun Manager, Terminal Emulator, Script Editor, SD Booster, BuildProp Editor, ATK and so much more.

What is 3C Toolbox Replaces 20+ apps easily worth 30€ for the price of a couple of beers!

Download link Play Store XDA Labs

Can take advantage of the following apps (not integrated because of policy restrictions from Play Store):

3C Sensitive Backup - Allows backup/restore of SMS/MMS and call-log, can work with 3C Toolbox to schedule backups.

3C Legacty Battery Stats - Allows reading Android legacy battery statistics

Non-exhaustive list of integrated apps and features :

3C CPU Manager (root) - CPU/GPU controls for root users

3C Kernel Tweaker (root) - Kernel tweaking for root users

3C Task Manager - A simple yet powerful task manager for Android

3C Task Recorder - A simple yet powerful task recorder for Android

3C Log Reader - A simple log reader allowing you to read logcat, kernel and xposed logs from a single place

3C Explorer - This is a very simple file explorer for Android

3C Toggles - Highly customizable widgets to control about 30 system components.

3C Battery Monitor - The most complete tool to monitor your battery, have no equal on Play Store.

3C Network Manager - Monitor trafic and control network configurations

3C Apps Manager - The most complete app manager to backup/restore/control all your apps

3C SQLite Manager - A simple SQLite editor

More information

App Features

App screenshots

3C Apps Feature Comparison

Lowest CPU consumption on Play Store

Permissions requested

Getting started guide

Online help

Unique features not available elsewhere

Track your ROM, kernel and battery performance (%/h or mA, screen on or standby)
    ◊ Battery milli-amp (mA), mW and %/h consumption reporting
    ◊ Automatic backup of installed and updated applications
    ◊ Highly configurable textual and graphical monitoring widgets
    ◊ The most advanced and configurable UI
    ◊ Clean and safe reboots, without data loss (root required)
    ◊ And much more
    FAQ and guidelines for any queries

Before you put a bad rating on Play Store for a single broken feature among the 100 the app delivers, and before you contact me (or post here), you may consider the following:
    3C Toolbox runs on hundreds of devices and custom ROMs, I cannot test all of them, however I try to change device regularly to ensure the app is compatible with all devices, please check my signature.

◊ 3C Toolbox and its derived apps are, at the time of writing, used by more than half a million users and 3C Toolbox Pro is rated 4.8/5 by about 3000 users.

◊ 3C Toolbox runs on Android 4.x and above, I always have at least one device running 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.x to avoid issues, however I may miss some key differences from time to time, possibly causing the app to crash or a feature to malfunction.

◊ 3C Toolbox is not a game relying on well established documentation, but an advanced toolbox which uses some undocumented features, which have evolved along with each version of Android. Even some documented features had to be adapted to newer Android versions.

◊ 3C Toolbox provides milli-Ampere data for your battery either provided by Android OS or estimated by the app when there is no current sensor. Hardware current sensor can sometimes report inaccurate or no data at all. It's impossible to predict how the next device will report milli-Ampere if it does at all.

◊ I'm a human being, not a service center, not a big corporate. Like any other human being I don't like being bashed or insulted by email or anywhere else and will no longer waste my time for anyone doing so.
    Why such guidelines?
    - You want new features and improvements as soon as possible?
    - You want a quick solution to a problem?
    - You don't want to waste your time explaining?

Me too, that's that simple.
    Feature requests?
    Please explain using as few words as it's possible and join a screenshot if it applies to an existing feature. Pictures speaks 1000 words they say, maybe.
    Issues with CPU temperature or battery current mA or capacity mAh?
    Please explain this in a support request sent from app settings, help and support so I can provide the appropriate option to use in 'mA retrieval method' of battery / monitoring settings and add out-of-the-box support for your device. All necessary information is provided in the request's attachments.

Battery current mA and CPU temperature are non standard on Android and every devices/manufacturers provides it differently or not at all. Don't blame the app if your device doesn't provide it or report inconsistent values, ask your manufacturer which get paid lots of bucks.
    Issues with GPU tab missing features?
    GPU configuration is not something standard on Android, and there are currently 10+ implementations available. If you miss something, please send a support request from app settings, help and support mentioning what's missing and a screenshot of each GPU tabs.
    How to get support for any other issues
    Please send a support request from app settings, help and support. You need to clearly explain your issue, attach any relevant screenshots showing where and how the issue occurs. I will not provide any support here.

The idea is that you explain the observed issue, possibly add a screenshot so that I know exactly where to look (app has 100+ screens and sometimes words don't mean the same for you and me), from there I can really do a good job at helping you. You want my help, do it the right way or simply don't.

The support requests contains the following (you can check the content before sending). Privacy policy is available here.

◊ Battery technical details as available on device
    ◊ Battery history recorded (last 100 records)
    ◊ CPU technical details as available on device
    ◊ SD mount points (to help identify unsupported SD locations)
    ◊ Previous visible and internal crash reports (FC)
    ◊ Process running (to identify possible conflicts)
    ◊ App configuration (version number, type and mA retrieval method in use)
    ◊ Android configuration (version, security settings, ROM, kernel)

You've read all this? I thank you for your time and hope you enjoy my apps.
    Future plans

Here is what I'm working on or planning next:

• Improve ROM Manager with extra features.
    • Improve Battery Manager status tab and displayed data
    • Add tabs to App Manager (protect, debloat, crystallize, others?)
    • Add 'optimize' tab to System Manager for memory/storage
    • Improve file manager with swipe left-right and new tab options
    • Improve Terminal Emulator with real terminal display.
    • Improve UI, suggestions most welcome.
    • Removing all ads to see if it brings any positive results (currently testing on 3C Toolbox).
    • Add PayPal to XDA Labs apps if possible.

This is my current objectives:
    • Increase user support from Play Store, Huawei AppGallery or XDA Labs
    • Get XDA Labs apps Google-free (using PayPal)
    Recent Update - Mea Culpa

You have certainly noticed the recent updates that is supposed to improve root handling in my apps, and might have experienced issues.

Why make such change

In versions before 1.6.12, the app was using a very common root method, using scripts and Android commands. Each action was taking 120ms just to get started. Some features like app manager and explorer run a lot of them. With Marshmallow, there's even a bug that cause determining path to fail and require root, slowing down everything a lot.

I started testing a shared library in 1.6.12 that would run root commands directly without this 120ms overhead and it worked really well, running some commands in 1ms instead!

In 1.7, I've started 'migrating' all root features to this new method, always implementing a fall-back in case something went wrong. That didn't work so well in the end.

What went wrong?

To make it short, I was testing this new method on a few devices, running Android 6.0.1, 5.1, 4.4 and supposedly 2.3 but it was running 4.1.2. You can imagine easily how misleading this was!

I learned that Samsung devices had special security constraints that made some commands fail completely and prevented the fallback to take place.

At the same time, Xposed module was reported to fail on Marshmallow because of new security policies. Had to change everything because of that!

Then the APK build process was no longer building the x64 versions anymore.

What's next

I'm still receiving reports of various issues on different versions of Android that I will have to address in the next few days/weeks.

Android N is coming with new security restrictions that will require further changes, but this new root method is already taking care of that.

Did I make a bad decision?

No. Since Android implemented SELinux security policies in 4.2/4.3, each new version of Android has required many internal changes to keep features working, and its getting worse with M and now N.

This new method not only offers much better performance but also requires much less workaround to keep working.

Yes, I made a mistake. After hours of working nights and week-ends, it was still not ready for public release as I thought.

What went even more wrong?

In my desire to offer the best experience possible, I published fixes too quickly and instead of stabilizing stuff, I've only made it worse.

Long story short

I'm sorry for any inconveniences you might have experienced, and I'll do my best to make it better asap.

Want to help?

If you experience any issues and want to help, please send a support request from app settings, help and support, mentioning what happens and possibly screenshot for my understanding.

The support request provides valuable information on the Android version, app logs, Xposed version if installed, app config, etc... Much needed so that I can investigate the issue with similar environment, otherwise I might be testing on a dozen devices without reproducing the issue.

I can then send you an updated APK with a fix or with active debug if I can't pin-point the problem on my test devices.

FWIW: Version 1.7 was addressing a number of issues in previous versions and I did hope it would make users happy with some nice improvements. My bad.
    3C Task Manager 3.0 (beta)

Dear users,

I've updated (in beta) 3C Task Manager with the new project/build structure. APK size is reduced by 15% while delivering more features. Future maintenance will also be much easier.
    3C Task Manager is now capable of managing app's components (activities, services, etc...) and also to renice (Linux priority scheduling) processes (optionally using Xposed for efficiency).
    On rooted device, the app will also be able to use 3C Explorer to open an app's data folder or 3C Log Reader to get app's logs.

This new build allows me to reduce development and maintenance times greatly when publishing apps other than the Toolbox.

A lot of refactoring and splitting took place, allowing to build other apps (with similar look'n'feel) faster too, namely the SMS/Call-log backups that's now missing in the toolbox (due to Play Store restrictions).

Next steps include:
    • Building an SMS/Call-log backup companion app and link it to the toolbox.
    • Adding full SAF / Content Provider support to Explorer
    • Allowing browsing network shares through Explorer's SAF / Content Provider
    • Adding app labeling in Apps Manager.
    • Rebuilding other apps (Battery Monitor, Toggles)
    • Creating 3C App Manager