* Your warranty is... still valid?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is an unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 build I developed after seeing some of the craziness in the official CyanogenMod kernel (such as massive merges from different sources and untested cherry-picks that introduce random reboots), as well as craziness with CyanogenMod's camera libraries. If you just want your phone to work without any fancy frills then you might be interested in using this. The ROM is the same as official CM12.1 on the outside, but there have been many optimizations under the hood. It comes with a fancy unique kernel I worked on that is cleanly based off of the latest CAF sources from Qualcomm.
Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM unless otherwise noted. I will not provide support if you install a custom kernel.
- Based off latest generic CyanogenMod 12.1 stable sources (root access is not included)
- OTA updates via built-in CMUpdater
- OxygenOS camera libraries (no camera bugs and improved camera performance)
- Snapdragon Camera app by Qualcomm (comes with many unique features, such as high-speed recording with audio)
- Custom camera HAL featuring:
-Intelligent anti-shake algorithm (significantly reduces motion blur when capturing photos)
-Faster autofocus in low lighting conditions
-No stuttering/frame drops in camera viewfinder (viewfinder frame rate won't go below 30 FPS)
-Slow-motion video recording at 60 FPS, 90 FPS, and 120 FPS for 720p, and 60 FPS for 1080p
-High-speed video recording with audio at 60 FPS, 90 FPS, and 120 FPS for 720p, and 60 FPS for 1080p (you need to use the Snapdragon Camera app in order to use high-speed recording)
-1080p video recording with the front-facing camera
-2.5k 1440p video recording with the front-facing camera and back camera (only with the Snapdragon Camera app that comes with the ROM)
-4k video recording at UHD and DCI resolutions
-Manual ISO control
-Slow shutter (ranging from 1/5000th of a second to 2 seconds)
-More picture sizes than plain OxygenOS, such as 9.7MP 16:9
- Many other misc. improvements under the hood
- Based off latest CAF Lollipop kernel source from Qualcomm (LA.BF.1.1.1_rb1.26)
- Removed lots of excessive bloat
- Rewrote battery driver (for the BQ27541 fuel-gauge chip; battery % readings are more accurate, there are various
safety mechanisms now, and you may get better battery life)
- Rewrote half of the Synaptics touchscreen driver (over 2500 lines of code modified; your touchscreen might work better)
- Newest available Synaptics touchscreen firmware (no battery drain)
- Dynamic CPU input boost driver I wrote myself (makes the phone feel smooth)
- CPU underclocked to 1958MHz by default (you can disable this; see why I did this in the FAQ in the 3rd post)
- Vibrator is automatically disabled when recording videos (so the buzzing noise doesn't get in the videos)
- Custom thermal driver I wrote myself (keeps the phone cool)
- LCD KCAL by Savoca
- Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (enabled by default)
- F2FS support
- NTFS support
- No placebo patches, features, or compiler "optimizations"
- Many other misc. improvements not listed here
Kernel (cm-12.1-caf branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android...neplus_msm8974
Local manifest (contains the rest of the sources): https://github.com/sultanxda/android...l_manifest.xml
Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
First, perform a backup of your existing setup, and then perform a clean install (wipe /data and /system; TWRP is recommended). Next, try flashing the ROM and see if it installs; if it installs without any issues then congratulations! Now just flash a Google Apps package, and then reboot.
- CyanogenMod and its contributors
- CAF (aka Qualcomm)
- myfluxi (awesome friend with lots of amazing contributions)
- 69gm (loyal guinea pig)
- PA for the Google Apps
- If your name should be here and it isn't, then make me use an iPhone 4 running iOS 8
If you get an error when trying to install ("oppo.verify_trustzone" error), then first you must install/use TWRP recovery 188.8.131.52 (TWRP 184.108.40.206 cannot properly update the modem). Next, download and flash the latest official CM12.1 snapshot. Then, without rebooting from recovery, wipe /system and flash my ROM. This process is necessary to update various firmwares (including TrustZone), as the updated firmware is needed by my ROM. After flashing my ROM, flash a Google apps package, and then reboot.
Installation instructions (for updating to a newer release):
If you are already running my CM12.1 ROM, then you can update to a newer version of the ROM via the built-in OTA updater or by simply dirty-flashing the new ROM build without wiping anything.
Google Apps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...gapps-t3116347
SuperSU (if you want root access): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053
Disable CPU underclock: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...t/dl/?id=12808
CM12.1 with clean CAF 3.4.0 kernel, ROM for the OnePlus One
ROM OS Version:
No Longer Updated