[ROM][LP][5.1.1][UNOFFICIAL][GEEB]BlissPop v4.0.3 - Updated 10/03/15

Search This thread

todd_is_not

Nov 18, 2012
Kansas City, MO
I posted this in another rom forum but this helped me fix my battery issues. Maybe it can help you to bake it into the rom? idk

So the problem this rom and many of the other Cm12 roms is that the phone is not going into deep sleep when it is shut off. This means that the processor is always idling at the lowest frequency and this is what uses lots of the power. I did this fix http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comm...updateservice/ and it seemed to help a ton. Now my phone does go into deep sleep but only when these services are disabled/reenabled. Hopefully devs will be able to bake this into their roms to improve battery life. Other than that, Great rom, Love it. Thanks

Link does not work. :p

Vampir1c

Aug 18, 2009
I posted this in another rom forum but this helped me fix my battery issues. Maybe it can help you to bake it into the rom? idk

So the problem this rom and many of the other Cm12 roms is that the phone is not going into deep sleep when it is shut off. This means that the processor is always idling at the lowest frequency and this is what uses lots of the power. I did this fix http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comm...updateservice/ and it seemed to help a ton. Now my phone does go into deep sleep but only when these services are disabled/reenabled. Hopefully devs will be able to bake this into their roms to improve battery life. Other than that, Great rom, Love it. Thanks

Definitely curious about this. Would appreciate if you could fix the link so I can see what I can do! Thanks!

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: WESTdad

dinohunter117

Jan 9, 2011
I could possibly build resurrection remix, however, I'm not sure it'll do much good with the battery issue since I believe it's the Gproj lollipop kernel used for our phone that is the culprit for the bad battery life. Can anyone confirm that the battery life is better with the official CM12 for this phone?

Oh shoot, sorry about that. I didn't even click the link, just copy pasta, but I'll just write the jist of it here.

So with Cm12 and many of these lollipop roms the google services framework update is continually running in the background of the phone causing tons of wakelocks. This, I suspect. is causing lots of the poor battery life seen on these roms, maybe due to no deep sleep or something of the nature. SO to fix this I installed an app called "disable services" from the playstore. I then disabled the systemUpdateService inside google services framework and enabled/disabled SystemUpdateService inside google play services. This seemed to seriously help the battery life, and I was getting through a full day no problem after that.

This link might be of a little more help.
http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/30hsz3/google_play_services_wont_let_my_phone_sleep/

Vampir1c

Aug 18, 2009
Oh shoot, sorry about that. I didn't even click the link, just copy pasta, but I'll just write the jist of it here.

So with Cm12 and many of these lollipop roms the google services framework update is continually running in the background of the phone causing tons of wakelocks. This, I suspect. is causing lots of the poor battery life seen on these roms, maybe due to no deep sleep or something of the nature. SO to fix this I installed an app called "disable services" from the playstore. I then disabled the systemUpdateService inside google services framework and enabled/disabled SystemUpdateService inside google play services. This seemed to seriously help the battery life, and I was getting through a full day no problem after that.

This link might be of a little more help.
http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/30hsz3/google_play_services_wont_let_my_phone_sleep/

Thanks for this! I don't feel like this is our problem, but possibly cause I didn't notice a change on my end. If this helped anyone else with this rom, let me know!

Gs081

Sep 27, 2014
caracas
Forgot to upload the latest build. v2.3 4/8/15 uploaded. I'm not sure if it's me, but has anyone notice battery life being better with this build?

Battery life in this new build is going very, very well, gave me 4:27 hours of screen, thanks for this great change in the life of the battery. The only bug I got him is the FC in the "A better camera" again, thanks for your support and hard work !!

Chum.zuizui

Mar 22, 2013
Forgot to upload the latest build. v2.3 4/8/15 uploaded. I'm not sure if it's me, but has anyone notice battery life being better with this build?
do not another camera app .plzzzz. use camera stock !! it's best

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

but why don't you dev beantalk 5.xx. it's better than blisspop

Vampir1c

Aug 18, 2009
do not another camera app .plzzzz. use camera stock !! it's best

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

but why don't you dev beantalk 5.xx. it's better than blisspop

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking for the camera?

Also, has Beanstalk gotten that better? I used to build both, and Bliss eventually surpassed Beanstalk in features quicker which is why I switched. I'm not opposed to building it again, just would like some user insight on why you feel it's better?

Chum.zuizui

Mar 22, 2013
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking for the camera?

Also, has Beanstalk gotten that better? I used to build both, and Bliss eventually surpassed Beanstalk in features quicker which is why I switched. I'm not opposed to building it again, just would like some user insight on why you feel it's better?

I'm not good at english. But i like cam stock than other camera app :):) .it's my opinion. Sorry you if i made you don't understand @@

Maqical

Jun 5, 2012
Am I the only one experiencing the screen going black randomly and needing the charger to turn it back on when battery has over half left..

Vampir1c

Aug 18, 2009
Unfortunately, blisspop's source moved on to 5.1 and we don't have a gprog cm12.1 rom for this phone for me to use those sources. I tried the mako kernel and source but couldn't get it to build successfully. As soon as cyanogen updates us to 12.1 I'll be able to get a new version uploaded.

Gs081

Sep 27, 2014
caracas
Unfortunately, blisspop's source moved on to 5.1 and we don't have a gprog cm12.1 rom for this phone for me to use those sources. I tried the mako kernel and source but couldn't get it to build successfully. As soon as cyanogen updates us to 12.1 I'll be able to get a new version uploaded.

ok, I understand bro. Thanks for answering ...

zeronatdo

Nov 11, 2014
ha noi

you can try kenvinjoa kernel or nitro kernel to build rom

Reactions: Vampir1c and Gs081

Vampir1c

Aug 18, 2009
you can try kenvinjoa kernel or nitro kernel to build rom

Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm just bad at this, but I can't find any updated 5.1 device trees for the e970. I've currently asked around and awaiting answers. Hopefully I'll have some news soon. Also, does anyone know why every other variant of the Optimus G got CM12.1 but the e970 didn't?

Reactions: zeronatdo

zeronatdo

Nov 11, 2014
ha noi

thanks you :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heading_Blue_BlissPop.png

Bliss Roms now has a new website with several features.
    Member sign-up, giveaways, weekly newsletter for members,
    staff information, downloads and the option to open support tickets for issues
    are just a few of the great features available on our website.
    Huge thanks to @pjgraber03 for developing and maintaining our website.

Team Bliss is a team consisting of developers and device maintainers that work on this project in our spare
    time to be able to give Android users a custom rom packed with features that will make a lasting impression.

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you BlissPop Rom!

BlissPop is one of the most highly customizable roms that you can install on your mobile device,
    and you will have a truly blissful experience.
    BlissPop is CM12 based, with some features added in, and we will continue to update features as they become available.
    A huge thanks to CyanogenMod for the source, and all the work and dedication their team puts in to keep us updated.
    We will keep up to date with the latest CM code, and updates will be posted on a regular basis.
    However, please do not ask for ETA's. We will update the links as soon as they become available.

We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread.
    We will do our best to answer your questions or concerns as soon as possible.

Heading_Blue_Features.png

Personalization Options

-Clock & Date Options
    -Option to show seconds in time
    -Battery Options (Portrait, Landscape, Circle, Text or Hidden)
    -Battery Bar Options
    -Traffic Monitor
    -Brightness Control
    -Notification Count
    -Weather
    -Notification Ticker
    -Carrier Label Options

Recents Options
    -Clear All Button Tweaks
    -Option to show Google search bar in recents Menu
    -OmniSwitch (Option to replace recents menu with Omniswitch)

Quick Settings
    -Quick Pulldown (Left, Right, Off)
    -Smart Pulldown

Gesture Anywhere
    -Location Options
    -Trigger Regions

Animations
    -Toast Animations
    -Listview Animations
    -System Animations
    -Scrolling Cache
    -Scrolling Modifiers

App Circle Bar
    -Choose what apps you want to show on the App Circle Bar
    -Trigger width, position and height

AudioFX Equalizer

Device Options

-Navigation Bar Buttons & Options (Height & Width)
    -Power Button End Call option
    -Home Button Options (Wake up device, Answer call, Long Press Action, Double Tap Action)
    -Back Button Wake Up Device option
    -Menu Button Options (Wake up device, Short Press Action, Long Press Action)
    -Backlight Duration

Sound & Notification Options

-Media, Alarm & Ring Volume Options
    -Increasing Ring Volume
    -Call Vibration
    -Interruption Options
    -Notification Light Options
    -Battery Light Options
    -App Notification Options
    -Notification Access
    -Camera Shutter sound, Screenshot Sound, Safe Headset Volume
    -Less Frequent Notifications
    -Heads Up Notification with Snooze Timer & Time Out

SuperSU
    -Device Control - Allows control of kernel settings & other device options
    -Advanced Reboot
    -Wakelock Blocker

--Many other settings throughout the rom. Take some time to familiarize yourself with all the blissful options!
    Heading_Blue_Source.png

BLISSPOP SOURCE

TeamBliss-LP​

Kernel​

Device​

Heading_Blue_Gapps.png

I used Slim 5.1.1 Gapps with no issues. Here

If you prefer another set of GApps, just make sure you use 5.0.
    Heading_Blue_Downloads.png

BLISSPOP V4.0.3 10/03/15 E970

Being that this is now Geeb based, and the last build was from May, I took the safe route, and did a clean install. You can try dirty flashing, but I would make a backup before hand. I also used Slim Gapps 5.1.1 and had no issues.

Heading_Blue_Installation.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of flashing.
    Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.
    Please make sure you download the correct version of BlissPop for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.

-Make sure you are rooted.
    -Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. (I used TWRP 2.8.0.0)
    -Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package.
    -Boot into recovery.
    -Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    -Flash Bliss Rom
    -Flash GAPPs package
    -Reboot

Heading_Blue_Bugs.png

As you all know, Lollipop is new and there are going to be bugs.
    This should have all of the same bugs as CM12 for our device. I last remember Wifi tethering not working, but haven't kept up to date with it. I've used this rom for a day and haven't had any issues with it, so maybe those little bugs were fixed.

BlissStalk_Screenshots.png

BlissPop%20Screenshot.png

BPop01.jpg
    BPop1.jpg
    BPop2.jpg
    BPop3.jpg
    BPop.4jpg
    BPop5.jpg
    BPop6.jpg
    BPop8.jpg
    BPop9.jpg

Heading_Blue_Donate.png

If you would like to donate for further development of BOSP
    feel free to donate to them with this link!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=S8QQ4AG7Y9RL6

BlissStalk_Credits.png

The Bliss Team:
    Thanks to @skyliner33v for the wallpapers & boot animations.
    @pimpmaneaton, @jackeagle, @nprev420, @remicks, @Deliberate, @xboxfanj, @nerdyblonde, @Vortex1969

Those who helped me when learning to build:
    @ThatKawaiiGuy (For putting up with my noobness while helping me)
    @xboxfanj (For also putting up with my noobness while helping me)
    @clementinox (For helping me getting 5.1.1 to build for the 970)
    @ronasimi (For the Geeb sources)
    @Kaik541 (For helping me use the Geeb sources properly)
    The LGOG Developer Hangouts (I wouldn't be able to do this without all their help. Thanks everyone!)

&& Thanks to a ton of other people who have contributed to the sources that I used to build the rom!
    With help from @clementinox I was able to get 5.1.1 built for the e970. Make sure to send some thanks his way because without his help, I wouldn't have been able to get this updated so soon.

New version 3.4 5/29/15 uploaded!
    New build v4.0.3 10/03/15 uploaded. Links are on the main post. Enjoy!
    New build v4.0 9/15/11 uploaded. Links are on the main post. Enjoy!
    v2.0 uploaded. I dirty flashed over v1.8. I skipped 1.9 because of the button issues, but 2.0 does not have them. Enjoy guys!