[ROM][OFFICIAL] BlissPop [Hammerhead][DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Ariz.
volitionarmament.com
Glad to see bliss back! About the bootloader... Havnt had to update on the nexus 5 ever. Can the image be flashed with flashify? And if I were to flash it without installing 3.4, would it effect my current 3.3. Of course I'll have a backup just don't have the time today to set up after a clean install. Its been a while since I've had to update a bootloader, just want to get the steps right the first time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: magnamentis

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
Glad to see bliss back! About the bootloader... Havnt had to update on the nexus 5 ever. Can the image be flashed with flashify? And if I were to flash it without installing 3.4, would it effect my current 3.3. Of course I'll have a backup just don't have the time today to set up after a clean install. Its been a while since I've had to update a bootloader, just want to get the steps right the first time.

Easy, download the file attached, then reboot to bootloader, open a terminal and type : fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-hammerhead-hhz12h.img

It won't affect anything ROM related.

Attachments

• bootloader-hammerhead-hhz12h.img
    3 MB · Views: 97

HTCore

Dec 12, 2004
LA
to get rid of such weird things you have to use TiBu and the likes with care. don't restore system apps, don't restore system settings if you have an app to do that and only restore from TiBu in increments and make a nandroid between each increment and see when it starts so to know in which batch of restored apps the culprit is. had to do this twice in 4 years and either i found the culprit or the problem was gone.

try to setup as many apps without TiBu at all or form in app restore, some have that. some apps are so easy to setup again since they have many changes to be made that it's well worth to leave the TiBu out and then don't restore the entire apps, always install from playstore and only restore "data only" if anything. my moto with computers are: middle finger and i always win at the end, full stop. same applies to you i'm sure :) LOL :good:

Well, new update is just released but I will keep it in mind, your moto as well :) thanks for your great support anyway.

What's your other choice of ROM?

Kangdroid-Project. The OP is a bit messy but dev is very supportive, always check the last page for updates. The ROM is very solid by itself. Then TeamUB, great ROM as well, supportive again but with much better OP!

Team Bliss is BACK !!! The official builds are now restarting for hammerhead !!!

Ok guys, there is a fresh new official BlissPop 3.4 build on the BlissRom website. As I said earlier, that build will only flash with the latest bootloader (HHZ12h), so update it before flashing!
It contains some major changes, so clean flash is highly recommended, otherwise don't complain about problems.

I'm glad to say that the Google Play services FCs is FIXED! Sorry guys, I know it has been annoying, it pissed me off too, but now it should be all good!
I also changed the pink notification color of the Gmail notification to dark grey (upon users request). It works well for me but I don't use any theme. It might conflict with dark themes so report if there is a problem.

Enjoy !!!

Just right in the time, before I destroy my phone!!!! Thanks.

Sergey2510

May 3, 2014
Jönköping Sverige
Is the hhz12f bootloader compatible to installation the latest Bliss 3.4? Right now my laptop isn't available. So I need the flashable bootloader zip-file can be installed via TWRP ?! Thanks advance!

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Ariz.
volitionarmament.com
Awesome thank you... What about upgrading the radio to 48B? Is that recommended as well?

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

I was gonna try flashing the IMG with flashify unless someone is aware of that not working.

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Is the hhz12f bootloader compatible to installation the latest Bliss 3.4? Right now my laptop isn't available. So I need the flashable bootloader zip-file can be installed via TWRP ?! Thanks advance!

no, at least not for me, you have to flash the hhz12h version and there is a new modem as well. extract from factory image and adb fastboot and/or download a recovery flashable zip which contains both and flash via recovery. i'll be back this very post in a few minutes and edit it with
a download link for the flashable zip, just hold on :)

EDIT: Downloadlink for flashable hhz12h bootloader and new baseband version M8974A-2.0.50.2.26 extracted from LMY48B https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952607954

Last edited:

Sergey2510

May 3, 2014
Jönköping Sverige
no, at least not for me, you have to flash the hhz12h version and there is a new modem as well. extract from factory image and adb fastboot and/or download a recovery flashable zip which contains both and flash via recovery. i'll be back this very post in a few minutes and edit it with

EDIT: Downloadlink for flashable hhz12h bootloader and new baseband version M8974A-2.0.50.2.26 extracted from LMY48B https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952607954

Thanks a lot! Already has installed the latest 3.4 through update bootloader to HHZ12H. Dirty flashed and all is fine. Fantastic ROM!!! Fingercross!!!

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
Hi!
I just flashed the ROM (v3.4), but the Heads Up notifications have a weird white shadow, it looks more like a broken .9.png than a real "shadow". Is this normal/is anyone else having it?

Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot_2015-05-30-02-35-13.png

Versus the stock one:
get-new-android-l-heads-up-notifications-your-nexus-5-other-android-device.w654.jpg

Thanks! :)

AndresOrue

Nov 6, 2011
Rosario
Anyone try viper audio in last version? It works? (already set as permissive)

Ps. Clean flash of version 3.4, all is working like a charm, no FC. Tested also ElementalX-N5-4.00 and works just perfect.
Gapps used: gapps-510-base-20150404-1-signed, no FC

Big thanks to the team for the hard work to make our nexus even better!

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Ariz.
volitionarmament.com

Thank you very much. That's perfect cause my laptop is acting up. Much appreciated!!

xitopodo

Jun 26, 2014
Jaén
Well, I have v3.3 LMY47X installed in my Nexus 5.

This means that I cannot install (I mean, download and install via recovery, as always) the new update (v4.4 HHZ12H) unless I change this baseband?

I'm lost now... :confused: :rolleyes:

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Well, I have v3.3 LMY47X installed in my Nexus 5.

This means that I cannot install (I mean, download and install via recovery, as always) the new update (v4.4 HHZ12H) unless I change this baseband?

I'm lost now... :confused: :rolleyes:

it's that easy, don't worry :)

a) with LMY48B came a new baseband = radio = modem + a new bootloader

b) the old radio will certainly still work, so you can choose whether want the new one or not

c) the moment you upgrade to 3.4 ( why should you not ) you first need to flash the new bootloader because without it eventually wont even flash.

d) as to what extent the new bootloader will work with 3.3 based on 5.5.1_r2 i dunno because usually i flash new bootloader to update and not to see whether it works with old OS version. however i'd bet a lot that it works, but could be with a few glitches, sensors for example often act up if firmware is not 100% compatible etc. but as i said the moment you update your bootloader, anything else then at the same time updating your modem and rom version as to the current knowledge would not be justified by any facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: xitopodo

jwaggz82

Jul 28, 2010
On the 3.4 version, new radio (as talked about over the past few post pages) ....so far so good. No clue what but something was screwy with my 05/10 build - after redoing my phone it appears back to being smooth. Two of the main issues I was having was when someone txt me, it wouldn't always say I had a new txt (opening the txt app would lead to surprise txts), and also hitting the side button wasn't always turning my screen on.

Sometimes my alarm would go off and I couldn't turn the screen on to shut the alarm off. Not sure if anybody has had that issue (I would assume its a software issue, hopefully my button isn't going bad). Please comment if you have had either above issue.

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
On the 3.4 version, new radio (as talked about over the past few post pages) ....so far so good. No clue what but something was screwy with my 05/10 build - after redoing my phone it appears back to being smooth. Two of the main issues I was having was when someone txt me, it wouldn't always say I had a new txt (opening the txt app would lead to surprise txts), and also hitting the side button wasn't always turning my screen on.

Sometimes my alarm would go off and I couldn't turn the screen on to shut the alarm off. Not sure if anybody has had that issue (I would assume its a software issue, hopefully my button isn't going bad). Please comment if you have had either above issue.

I don't know for the first problem, never happened to me, but the second is probably the result of the prevent accidental wake up settings in settings/display&lights. Turn it off and you're good to go.

Reactions: rum0s and jwaggz82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I am the one who built hammerhead unofficial for you guys, currently the second build that I share had 1,200 downloads. Thank You

Since currently I am busy doing my PhD experiments and thesis writing, I hope you guys can continue my work.
    Basically the only thing to concern on the building ROM from whatever source is the device driver and vendor file.

So what you need is in the $BUILD_DIR

Code:
    repo init -u https://github.com/TeamBliss-LP/android.git -b lp5.0

then

Code:
    repo sync

then

Code:
    git clone https://github.com/raden/device_lge_hammerhead.git device/lge/hammerhead

I created the bliss*mk file for you.

then

Code:
    git clone git://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge vendor/lge

for the vendor files..

and finally the most awaiting commands

Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    brunch hammerhead

And suppose there is no error, it's good to go

p/s:
    new build

DOWNLOAD
    Beta release !!!

Happy new year everyone !!!

We have been hard at work to prepare this Bliss v6.0. It's still a BETA, it might have some bugs (please report) and it surely isn't as feature packed as the old BlissPop you're used too, but it's a start and we are quite proud of it. As I said before the new Bliss v6.0 is CM based, like BlissPop was, but the main difference is that we will have only one flavor now. It is named hammerhead but it is highly based off CAF so only CAF kernels will do.

Download ROM : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023703784
    Download GAPPS : http://opengapps.org

Thanks for bearing with us and most importantly :

ENJOY !!!
    Ok guys, no promises but I just forked over the hammerhead repos to the bliss github and will attempt to get it building this week. I also maintain for m8 and build for KLTE so this may take some time. Will post any relevant news here so please leave the thread open.

Keep in mind I do not own this device so I will be needing testers if I can get a successful build.

BlissPop Nightlies - M8 - KLTE
    remicks
    Ok here's the deal guys a new build is up as you can see from @mnajem it's stated as unofficial but from now on will be official otherwise so give thanks to him and we will continue to update this rom whether its from him or someone else. It's a total team effort :) anyways with that being said enjoy the new update ;)

Changelog for 1.7

-Add Quick settings Option to disable brightness slider
    -Add Show weather Fix switch state on clean install, enable by default
    -Add allow to override display density compatibility with other apps
    -Add New Slim Pie
    -Fix color picker landscape layout
    -Add Updates to Quick Settings
    -Add update quick unlock
    -Add support UMS on any volume
    -Add update disable Search/Recents button wake
    -Add update customization for Quick Settings to PS8
    -Add switches in Ad Blocking
    -Remove HW keys enable/disable
    -Add New Customizable NavBar ( HW keys will auto disable when using on screen Nav)
    -Add- option to ignore last app clearing recents
    -Add 4g as connection option
    -Up to date with CM
    -Update Super SU to v2.44

P.S. I would recommend a full wipe for this build!
    worst rom ever ... multiple crashs, laggy and really long first boot
    Well that's it, I'm throwing in the towel. Let's shut down BlissPop guys... This 1 person says our ROM is crappy and laggy. I'll just ignore the other 10,000 posts in our other 15 or so threads saying the exact opposite. Some people, sheesh...

In other news I'm building a new nightly but haven't had time today to implement the fixes that @Jiggs82 found (so blame me this time) for the kernel problem. Expect those in tomorrow's build.

Game on!

BlissPop Nightlies - M8 - KLTE - Hammerhead
    remicks