How do I rollback android wear update?

Search This thread

supac

May 29, 2005
This new update is garbage, greatly reduced my battery life, wifi off, cloud sync off, minimal apps installed.

How do I rollback update?

Reactions: Djij

tmlrem

Mar 21, 2009
Borås
Thru companion app :) im going to do the same...

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

After trying it out it seems like Sony updated the companion app with 5.1 aswell. From here im not sure how to roll back.

fer2503

Nov 7, 2012
sony pc companion says: Sony Update Engine doesn't have software available for your phone

any solution?

Sievers

Dec 12, 2008
My guess would be that you would have to find the 5.02 image file on the forums and flash it through ADB.

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
I'm not sure you can.
If fact if you could I suspect OTA would update without asking you.... The update before the last one did for me.. I had it on charge looked over to it and it was rebooting after installing the update. No warning, No questions... just did it.

gtriamy

Jun 19, 2012
El Paso
So I wondered this at the last update--from v4 to v5--and after much research, AndroidWear is very much like any Android rom on a phone or tablet. Officially, going backwards in an update is impossible using the stock recovery because each OTA only allows for an update from x version to y version and will error if you try to update from w version. The only way to get backwards is to unlock the bootloader, replace the recovery with something like TWRP and flash an old image. Among many problems that you might experience though is that OTAs are not system images in that they sometimes they only update specific partitions. In short, you run the risk of bricking your watch, just as you could with a phone or tablet.

If you can live with it, keep it. If you can't, start doing your research.

Reactions: Djij

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This new update is garbage, greatly reduced my battery life, wifi off, cloud sync off, minimal apps installed.

How do I rollback update?
    So I wondered this at the last update--from v4 to v5--and after much research, AndroidWear is very much like any Android rom on a phone or tablet. Officially, going backwards in an update is impossible using the stock recovery because each OTA only allows for an update from x version to y version and will error if you try to update from w version. The only way to get backwards is to unlock the bootloader, replace the recovery with something like TWRP and flash an old image. Among many problems that you might experience though is that OTAs are not system images in that they sometimes they only update specific partitions. In short, you run the risk of bricking your watch, just as you could with a phone or tablet.

If you can live with it, keep it. If you can't, start doing your research.