[RECOVERY][victara] TWRP 3.1.1-0 touch recovery [2017-05-19]

Search This thread

kcustom11

Sep 15, 2010
There is something very wrong with my device - I have done this 100x of times on Samsung and HTC devices but regardless of what version of twrp I try to use it gives me mismatched partition size - even using crpalmer's file.

What gives?

I would guess that it's a problem with your bootloader or your partition table. There were differences in the partition sizes between kitkat and lollipop. I don't know all the details, but there were problems with people upgrading and downgrading.
http://xdaforums.com/moto-x-2014/general/warning-downgrade-bootloader-partition-t3105147

How did you upgrade to lollipop? Through the ota or from flashing the system image? Which images did you use? There are the Brazilian ones floating around. Maybe you have lollipop system and the kitkat boot loader and gpt.bin. If this is the case, I might try flashing the kitkat stock images from the moto site and then side loading the ota. Then try flashing twrp. I'm not sure though. Anyone else with ideas is free to comment.

Sdobron

Sep 5, 2010
I would guess that it's a problem with your bootloader or your partition table. There were differences in the partition sizes between kitkat and lollipop. I don't know all the details, but there were problems with people upgrading and downgrading.
http://xdaforums.com/moto-x-2014/general/warning-downgrade-bootloader-partition-t3105147

How did you upgrade to lollipop? Through the ota or from flashing the system image? Which images did you use? There are the Brazilian ones floating around. Maybe you have lollipop system and the kitkat boot loader and gpt.bin. If this is the case, I might try flashing the kitkat stock images from the moto site and then side loading the ota. Then try flashing twrp. I'm not sure though. Anyone else with ideas is free to comment.

I updated with the OTA - I actually did find a solution...strange problem - even though I am getting the mismatch size it actually did flash the recovery, but for some reason it would only boot stock recovery until I booted the recovery image version 2.8.3.0 (not sure if this is the only version that would work with fastboot boot, but that is the one I used) now I am running crpalmer's version 2.8.5.0 (or at least I believe it is) could be official 2.8.5.0 as well.

kcustom11

Sep 15, 2010
I updated with the OTA - I actually did find a solution...strange problem - even though I am getting the mismatch size it actually did flash the recovery, but for some reason it would only boot stock recovery until I booted the recovery image version 2.8.3.0 (not sure if this is the only version that would work with fastboot boot, but that is the one I used) now I am running crpalmer's version 2.8.5.0 (or at least I believe it is) could be official 2.8.5.0 as well.

2.8.5.0 didn't work with encrypted data partitions. crpalmer added some commits to fix that and some other issues with the moto x (on his github). I don't think they got added to the official version in 2.8.6. I don't really understand all the issues. Maybe he or someone else can ellaborate.

I posted a google drive link a few pages back. There's also a link on one of the CM pages.

Sdobron

Sep 5, 2010
2.8.5.0 didn't work with encrypted data partitions. crpalmer added some commits to fix that and some other issues with the moto x (on his github). I don't think they got added to the official version in 2.8.6. I don't really understand all the issues. Maybe he or someone else can ellaborate.

I posted a google drive link a few pages back. There's also a link on one of the CM pages.
I am not using encrypted partitions so that doesn't really apply to me - regardless it looks like you need to boot the recovery image before you can actually flash the later version... I still get the size mismatch error but it now actually flashes regardless.

Prior to booting the recovery image I would Fastboot flash and stock recovery would not be replaced.

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
Bone stock upgraded from 4.4.4 to 5.0 OTA, unlocked on 5.0 and flashed recovery via fastboot, got the partition mismatch error but recovery flashed just fine and works as expected. Even attained root when I booted to system.

xKroniK13x

May 15, 2014
Atlanta, GA
www.coreymccown.com
Excuse me, I have the TWRP v2.8.1.0 and it is now in version 2.8.6.0, should I update it? and how can I do that?
Just download the new TWRP IMG file and flash with flashify/Rashr (root required) or in fastboot. Alternatively, download the TWRP installer app since Victara is an officially supported device (also requires root). You can check the changelogs to see what changed, but its super easy to update so you might as well.

Sent from my Moto X 2015 Pure Edition using Tapatalk

ticoticox3000

Jun 21, 2011
Villahermosa
Just download the new TWRP IMG file and flash with flashify/Rashr (root required) or in fastboot. Alternatively, download the TWRP installer app since Victara is an officially supported device (also requires root). You can check the changelogs to see what changed, but its super easy to update so you might as well.

Sent from my Moto X 2015 Pure Edition using Tapatalk

Thanks dude, I used the TWRP app, it was too easy.

Reactions: xKroniK13x

binglejellsx2

Dec 29, 2009
Has anyone fixed 2.8.6.0 to be bootable from fastboot? I'm not looking to "fastboot flash" but to actually "fastboot boot" TWRP. 2.8.5.0 still boots fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:

-Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    -Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    -Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
    -Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    -Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)

CHANGELOG for 3.1.0-0:

-vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    -adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/commit/ce8f83c48d200106ff61ad530c863b15c16949d9 (bigbiff)
    -tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    -support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    -support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    -better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    -improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    -minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    -try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    -shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    -timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    -support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    -boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    -TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    -support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    -support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    -update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    -numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:

-Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    -Add Greek translation to some builds.

CHANGELOG for 3.0.1-0:

-support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    -fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    -libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    -fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    -TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    -translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    -progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    -fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    -reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    -other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

CHANGELOG for 3.0.0-0:

-Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    -True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    -Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    -Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    -Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    -Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    -SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    -Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    -Update AOSP base to 6.0
    -A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

WARNING: This is our first release in a long time. We have a lot of new and somewhat aggressive changes in this new release. The changes to the graphics back-end may cause some devices to not boot up properly or have other display-related issues. If you are not in a position to reflash an older build of TWRP, then wait until you are or at least wait until others have tried the new version for your specific device. You don’t want to end up with a non-working recovery and have to wait several hours or days to get to a computer to be able to fix it.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

DOWNLOAD:
    1) Install the TWRP app from the Play Store or grab the apk from our website
    2) Open the app, agree to the terms, and enable root access
    3) Select TWRP Flash
    4) Search for your device and select the version you wish to download
    5) Once the download is complete, select the file (it's usually in your downloads folder) and then Flash Recovery
    OR:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
    1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
    2) Reboot to TWRP
    3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
    4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website.

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Just tried the new 2.8.7.0 with my encrypted device, and it is still not working. Had to revert to the unofficial one .
    Just thought of saving everyone else the trouble.

You can try this one if you want. I built it with crpalmer's repo, but my device isn't encrypted. You'll need to unzip it and flash with fastboot (its not a flashable zip).
    Note, at this point, I haven't tried to mess around with kernel source. The recovery image barely fits with the stock kernel and dtb. The bootloader will refuse to flash the recovery via fastboot flash command so you have to boot the recovery then use dd to flash it. Instructions and download links are on our website:
    Mirror

We only tested this on XT1095 but it will likely work on other models. Back up your stock recovery first and use fastboot boot to test the image on other models before flashing.

Touch may be a bit finicky especially when trying to swipe the sliders to confirm actions.
    i've come to give this device some good ol' jcadduono lovin'

https://github.com/jcadduono/androi...mmit/347c209443f2849299122f74367cd56d205a5f8a

https://idlekernel.com/twrp/victara/twrp-3.0.2-2-b5-victara.img

let me know it's all good and it'll go to official builds later

there should now be ~ 2 MB free space for new features and future support on the M branches

my main concern is if exfat is working or not (try it with OTG)

Code:
    New kernel based on CM 13.0 kernel sources that's only 4 MB!
    Improved compression
    Up to date f2fs drivers
    exFAT in kernel
    CM 13.0 HW encryption support
    BoardConfig fix ups
    Based in Omni 6.0 tree (upgrade from 4.4, the life support is real)
    OP updated :D

CHANGELOG for 2.8.4.0:

-Add flashing of boot and recovery images via the TWRP GUI (Find the Images button on the Install page)
    -Fix some MTP related crashes and bugs
    -Eliminate TWRP toggling USB IDs during boot if MTP is enabled
    -Fix various adb sideload issues
    -Improve threading of actions
    -Eliminate separate thread for screen timeout
    -Update libblkid to 2.25.0
    -Use power button as back button on watch themes for easier navigation
    -Add mutex locking to data manager
    -Improve custom theme handling on encrypted devices
    -Allow the stock theme to be offset by build flags so we can center a lower res theme on a higher res screen especially for watches with round screens

Thanks @Dees_Troy!