Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [KERNEL] [March 3] ElementalX …
12th June 2015, 09:26 PM
Thanks Meter: 172

More
As one of the few users who had experienced Chrome freezes w/EX 4.0, I'm happy to report that they have since abated, and I'd like to share what is different in the user space that I think might have contributed to eliminating them. For me, it's clear that it wasn't kernel related.

Many of us block ads with Adaway, which works by editing the hosts file. The sites that I could always count on freezing were from nytimes.com, and one thing I noticed is that none of those pages ever completely finished loading (I would often just stop the loading from the overflow menu). In Adaway Preferences, I enabled the Adaway Webserver, which listens "on local IP addresses to answer requests to blocked hostnames."

Ever since doing this, nytimes.com content loads completely (and all pages seem to load faster), and I haven't had a single freeze in 2 days. Glad to be back on board the EX train. Thanks @flar2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to silvertrain78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift silvertrain78 Ad-Free