[ROM][5.1.1][I9100] CyanogenMod 12.1 [UNOFFICIAL][06/17]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ledzgio

Oct 27, 2008
I've read many comments and it seems that this ROM is not ready yet for daily usage but it might be only my impression...

Reactions: makix13

ouzowtf

Sep 8, 2010
Debug the video problems and make the rom stable @Lysergic Acid so it can be used as daily use rom
Please dont tell him what to do. He worked very hard to bring Lollipop to our old S2 and now even to get official support.
He does not deserve rude comments like yours, but instead standing ovations from us users for his awesome work.

papei

Jul 11, 2012
Basel
Back-up and repartition

I have yet to repartition my device. Other than the fact that I have to reflash the gapps each time I flash a CM update, I have not noticed any major problems with leaving the partitions in the stock configuration. At any rate, I have seen in the OP that there are three different links for repartitioning. I was wondering which of the links offers the best solution for repartitioning.
I also assume that a normal backup via the recovery will not be enough. As far as I know a repartition will wipe everything, including boot loader, kernel, recovery, etc. I may be wrong and overly careful, but it seems to me that once you repartition you will not be able to reboot to recovery. Could someone clarify that for me?

Last edited:

makix13

Jul 26, 2008
I have yet to repartition my device. Other than the fact that I have to reflash the gapps each time I flash a CM update, I have not noticed any major problems with leaving the partitions in the stock configuration. At any rate, I have seen in the OP that there are three different links for repartitioning. I was wondering which of the links offers the best solution for repartitioning.
I also assume that a normal back via the recovery will not be enough. As far as I know a repartition will wipe everything, including boot loader, kernel, recovery, etc. I may be wrong and overly careful, but it seems to me that once you repartition you will not be able to reboot to recovery. Could someone clarify that for me?
I follow this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3011162
Coming from stock jb Samsung rom.
Flash via Odin LA cwm kernel 13/04 and repartition with pit file 1gb system / 6gb data / stock pre-load 500mb, and everything works great, some bugs with video but great GPS, Bluetooth, no problem with ril... Use as daily rom, hope will be official soon in cyanogenmod [emoji6]

S2 LA Cyanogenmod 5.1.1

Reactions: papei

CRXed

Jan 7, 2010
Come on man this isnt rude. Just givin him feedback. :silly:

That's not feedback that you are giving. You are being rude, almost giving him a command on what to do.
We all already know there is a problem with video, your comment is not helping one bit.

Good feedback would be to help find where the problem is, instead of coming here and demanding a fix.
Choose your words carefully next time you make a post.

nileshlog

Feb 6, 2012
Debug the video problems and make the rom stable @Lysergic Acid so it can be used as daily use rom

Come on man this isnt rude. Just givin him feedback. :silly:

My friend, the message that you had left for Lysergic Acid was no a feed back. The problem of video not working properly is well known and all developers on this community are working towards rectifying it. People like us who have no coding skills thrive on their efforts. So lets wait for things to happen at their proper time.
Meantime if you have some bug reports or such which can help them or even if you have found the error in their code, you can inform them accordingly and they will surely give you credits for it.
I am a total noob so choose to wait for them to continue their work and not disturb them.
Chill...

papei

Jul 11, 2012
Basel
I follow this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3011162
Coming from stock jb Samsung rom.
Flash via Odin LA cwm kernel 13/04 and repartition with pit file 1gb system / 6gb data / stock pre-load 500mb, and everything works great, some bugs with video but great GPS, Bluetooth, no problem with ril... Use as daily rom, hope will be official soon in cyanogenmod [emoji6]

S2 LA Cyanogenmod 5.1.1

Thanks a lot. So if I follow you correctly you repartition with this PIT file I91001GB_6GB.pit. Where does one get the LA cwm kernel 13/04?

Cheers
Papei

Barry Mad

Aug 23, 2012
sites.google.com
Solution = No GAPPS or Clever/Concept WorkAround GAPPS re-Locate

I also assume that a normal backup via the recovery will not be enough. As far as I know a repartition will wipe everything, including boot loader, kernel, recovery, etc. I may be wrong and overly careful, but it seems to me that once you repartition you will not be able to reboot to recovery. Could someone clarify that for me?

@Lysergic Acid Sorry ment to bring this to your attension. Hot off the press!
If you not already know and Forum.
Curtesy/Concept from @Troubadour666
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61336534&postcount=11

GAPPS is getting out of Control. I personally do Not use. Specially forGT-i9100
No Need to partition /System only for testing/special circumstances etc.

The choice is Ultimately yours of course.
KISS = Keep It Simple St.....d OK my MAD sense of humour.

Regards/Respect ment to all. Cheers bmad.

jabarel

Sep 15, 2014
Thanks a lot. So if I follow you correctly you repartition with this PIT file I91001GB_6GB.pit. Where does one get the LA cwm kernel 13/04?

Cheers
Papei

I use 1gb system with 4 gb for app ! Seems to be ok . Look in the attachment ! If you whant to repartition i strong recomend to do a EFS backup (IMEI and others ). Search on market it`s a very good app for this provided by wanam

Attachments

• pit_files.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 18

maverickqtek

Aug 22, 2008
Neither Aroma works. After trying aroma keyboard isn't working. From Bad to worse.........Anyway **** i back to stock. I think I can live with 4.1 but working flawless

hebermc

Oct 25, 2011
Recife
I've read many comments and it seems that this ROM is not ready yet for daily usage but it might be only my impression...

I installed this on my wifes phone, she says its quicker and uses less battery, she has not noticed the video issue (and I am not telling her about it).

You can definitely install this for daily usage.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I use 1gb system with 4 gb for app ! Seems to be ok . Look in the attachment ! If you whant to repartition i strong recomend to do a EFS backup (IMEI and others ). Search on market it`s a very good app for this provided by wanam

I used the same for my wife's phone, read the entire thread, but post 1 seems do be updated, just follow that.

papei

Jul 11, 2012
Basel
Follow this other thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2994381

Post 4, use LP version without trim (14/03 sorry for the mistake [emoji2] ) .

S2 LA Cyanogenmod 5.1.1

So, I successfully repartitioned. I used heimdall as I am more familiar with it:
heimdall flash --repartition --pit I91001GB_6GB.pit --KERNEL zImage --no-reboot
I had to reformat the sdcard twice before I could restore. Reformatting to default didn't work. I had to reformat to ext4. I should have known that the first time!
I am looking forward to seeing how this improves performance.
Thanks again for your help makix13

Reactions: makix13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FxrMKlt.png
    Official nightlies started and there's a thread for it, check it out: Link
    I'll no longer update this project, my focus is now at CyanogenMod 13 (CM13 thread link)​
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    CyanogenMod 12.1​
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on unofficial builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */
    IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
    - Root is now disabled by default on CM12.1. To enable it go to Settings>Developer Options>Root access and set to Apps only or Apps and ADB.
    - Enable #disable-media-source at chrome://flags to fix some video playback issues with chrome

Installation Instructions

- Coming from 5.0 or less ROMS
    • Download cm-12.1-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip to your sdcard
    • Make sure you're using a Kitkat Compatible Recovery
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Wipe all your data
    • Flash cm-12-.1XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip from sdcard
    • (Optional)Flash Google Apps.zip from sdcard
    • Reboot
    - Coming from previous CM 12.1 build
    • Wipe caches
    • Flash cm-12.1-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip from sdcard
    • Flash GApps again if you're using PA version
    • Reboot

Downloads
    ROM: 06/17 Build
    GAPPS: CM GApps

Changelog
    - Updated CM sources
    - Added fimc usage to the hwc again
    - Fixed seeking on video playback

Older Downloads

Video Reviews

Made by @Troubadour666

Made by @paramdinkar

Made by @omkarsathe92

Special Thanks to:
    @bauner
    @Vivek_Neel
    @rogersb11
    LollipopS2 Team

If you like my work, consider making a small donation ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 Unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    Lysergic Acid
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat Compatible Recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-11-28
    Last Updated 2015-10-12
    A word about official CM12...

So, I've contacted some people from CM about the official CM12 for our device, being a maintainer and all this stuff.
    They told me that I need to fix the remaining bugs before doing a bringup commit into their gerrit. At first sight we thought that only camera had to be fixed, but after some conversation they told me that jenkins don't compile SELinux disabled/permissive builds anymore. Putting SELinux in enforcing state breaks the RIL on these builds, so this must be fixed too. Then, they told me that only PIE enabled builds go official. My build has PIE disabled because it breaks the GPS when enabled, so, I gotta fix that too.
    They also told me that Codeworks stopped to work on the i9100 6 months ago and denied to work on CM12 for us, which is pretty acceptable because he was supporting us since old ICS days. So no maintainer for CM12.
    If I fix the mentioned problems (which by far is not easy), then I can submit the bringup for review, and if everything goes well they will gladly accept me as an official maintainer and then I can enable the jenkins nightlies.
    As you can see, there's a long road for it, and will probably not happen so soon, but I'll keep you guys informed about the progress of this.
    Sorry for the long text :p
    Regards
    [size=+2]
    F.A.Q[/size]​

[size=+1]Q. Can i install CM12 over CM11 without wiping data?[/size]
    A. This is not recommended, you have to wipe everything to upgrade from CM11 to CM12

[size=+1]Q. What recovery does this ROM support?[/size]
    A. You can use Kitkat Compatible CWM recovery to flash it (6.0.4.5+). Also, we'll integrate CWM 6.0.5.1 in future builds as a permanent solution.

[size=+1]Q. Which GAPPS package should i install?[/size]
    A. You can install "NANO GAPPS" if you haven't re-partitioned your system OR you have stock System Partition size.

[size=+1]Q. How much System Partition size is needed to flash this ROM?[/size]
    A. you can flash this ROM on your stock system partition but it is recommended to have 1GB System Partition as ART runtime requires more space. also, it's advisable to have more space on system partition if you would like to install standard GAPPS package.

[size=+1]Q. How can I increase System Partition space?[/size]
    A. You will need to flash PIT file in ODIN or heimdal to re-partition the System space, it is recommended to have 1GB System Partition as ART runtime requires more space. for more details about PIT files & re-partitioning click here : http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/mod-partition-internal-memory-app-t2538947 and here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/mod-increase-partition-size-t3011162
    another PIT files are here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50750761&postcount=509

[size=+1]Q. I didn't like the ROM or I want go back to stock ROM or this ROM didn't worked & want to revert back, how can I?[/size]
    A. Yes, you can revert back to Stock ROM or any other ROM, you can wipe everything & flash the ROM of your choice whether it's stock or AOSP based ROM. Please follow this steps to revert back to your ROM (these steps are for total noob users)
    1 - Go to recovery mode
    2 - Make sure that your recovery is compatible with Kitkat if you are flashing a ROM based on Kitkat. If not then flash a Kitkat compatible recovery (as mentioned above).
    3 - Flash your ROM.

[size=+1]Q. Can I flash another kernel after flasing this ROM?[/size]
    A. Yes, of course you can flash kernel of your choice, just reboot to recovery & flash the zip.

[size=+1]Q. I guess I have soft bricked the device, what should i do now?[/size]
    A. Follow the guide here : http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/guide-fix-unflashable-soft-bricked-gsii-t1457458

[size=+1]Q. Can I apply another theme on this ROM?[/size]
    A.Yes, you can search for CM12 themes on xda or on the Play Store, install it and apply the theme from the Themes section on Settings.

Thanks to @c0d3r!pp3r for the FAQ ;)
    So, we got official

Official CM 12.1 nightly builds are starting tomorrow: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/100189/
    Let the **** hit the fan lol
    Congratulations to all of us.
    [SIZE=+1]Unofficial Kernel Builds[/SIZE]​

[size=+1]Gustavo's Kernel:[/size]
    You can find all the info about this kernel in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/deve...nel-kernel-aosp-roms-stweaks-synapse-t2222843

[size=+1]Downloads[/size]
    CWM 22/06 build: Link
    Kernel Source: GitHub

[size=+1]Dorimanx Kernel:[/size]
    You can find all the info about this kernel in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/deve...rnel-3-12-rc6-dorimanx-8-43-jb-i9100-t1617219

[size=+1]Downloads[/size]
    26/06 build: Link
    Kernel Source: GitHub