Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: Share Your Setup/App List
28th June 2015, 06:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 288

More
My everyday NST has been updated to FW 1.2.2, running a kernal for 1.1.5 that enables multi-touch, no-refresh mode, and USB host/audio. I searched through tons of material trying to come up with a kernal that would support both no-refresh and fast mode AND USB host, but never found one. For reading text no-refresh runs rings around fast mode, IMHO.

So I took that kernal and substituted it for the one in the @pinguy1982 USB Host/Audio package so I would have the tweaked audio driver set he put together AND NoRefresh mode. Worked like a charm

I decided to ignore the QuickNav buttons entirely. I assigned the "n" button to "Home" (ADW Launcher) [long press is Alternate Power Menu]. I assigned the upper left button to "Back" and the upper right button to "Menu". The Wi-Fi Quick Setting dialog behind the clock is now assigned to my Quick Tiles app.

I did make a huge investment in time and trouble to create a really different look and feel (see images below) using a combination of Desktop VisualizeR and SiMi Folder, two amazing apps. A SiMi folder is essentially a miniature launcher which can be placed on the desktop and assigned an icon using Desktop VisualizeR.

I also used Minimalistic Text to create the day/date widget. Any apps that didn't fit into my SiMi folder categories were typically seldom used tools of some sort (wallpaper picker, etc.), so they ended up only in the app drawer. ADW Launcher allows me to hide in the drawer "junk" apps or apps that are one-touch which have been assigned using NTMM.

I have a second NST I use for experiments. It has the same configuration and also currently has GApps installed as described here. I'm going to be doing some battery life comparisons in the near future between the two devices.

My apps: those marked with * may be hard to find/are older versions and are included in a bundled zip here (note: Mediafire seems to have a problem with a zip full of apk files so each file has an added ".OLD" extension. Remove this before side-loading). Non-B&N apps with no links either came bundled with NookManager/GApps or are from the PlayStore. Apps preceded by [G] are only on the GApps enabled device.

[G] aCalendar 1.8.4
*AdAway 2.8.1
ADB Konnect 1.0
*Akimbo Player 1.6.2 (for audiobooks)
*ADW Launcher EX 1.3.3.9
Alternate Power Menu 1.1
Amazon Kindle 3.2.0.35 (optimized for NST)
BBC News Reader 1.0
Calculator
*Crosswords 2.0.0.6
*Desktop VisualizeR 1.4.6.6
*Documents To Go 3.0.0.3
EBookDroid
Email
*ES File Explorer 1.6.2.3
[G] Gmail 1.3
[G] Go Contacts EX 1.0
[G] Google Maps Toggle 1.0
Google News 1.3
Library (stock)
[G] Maps 5.9
*Minimalistic Text 2.6.3
*Multiling keyboard 1.1.7
MX Player 1.7.40
*NewsHog 3.5.0
Nook Settings 1.2
Nook Touch Mod Manager
NoRefresh (debug2)
*NPR News 2.5.6
NST Weather Widget 1.0
*Open-in-browser settings [allows you to open local HTML files in browser]
*Opera Mobile 12.10 (resigned to also work with FW 1.2.2)
*Pandora 1.7 (Mod)
PrinterShare 8.7.1 Premium
*QuickPic 3.4.6
[G] Quick Sync 1.2.0
Quick Tiles 1.3
Reader (stock)
Record That Note 1.7.5 (simple voice recorder; wav, mp3)
Rotation Locker 1.4.2
*Screenshot Easy 1.4.24
Settings (stock)
*SiMi Folder 2.3
[G] Street 1.5.0.6
Superuser 2.3.6.1
Tasker 1.3.3u2m
Terminal Emulator 1.0.70
Today's Comics 1.1
*TuneIn Radio 7.4
*ZipSigner2 3.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	home.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	4789615   Click image for larger version

Name:	news.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	4789616   Click image for larger version

Name:	audio.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	4789617   Click image for larger version

Name:	read.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	4789618   Click image for larger version

Name:	gapps.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	4789620   Click image for larger version

Name:	tools.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	4789621   Click image for larger version

Name:	qtiles.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	4789622  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nmyshkin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nmyshkin Ad-Free