[APP][4.4.x-5.x][PORT] MaxxAudio w/ 10 band EQ [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

Ath3na32

Jan 31, 2012
Find 7s nameless latest nightly works well for a while then stops. Received no calls so its not that. Frigging awesome sound when its working

mameenbh

Mar 4, 2014
I dont have an idea why its not working on my MOTO G with CM 12.1, everything shows however it doesn't affect the sound

uccollab

Dec 30, 2013
Carbonia
Could you help me? Currently running CM12.1 and I've tried all the versions but MaxxAudio works only with poweramp, by activating musicfx, and not in any other app. If I reboot my phone and I don't connect my headphones it works for other apps too, but if i plug it to listen it will stop working, no matter how many times i will switch it on/off. I've boeffla kernel flashed. Any suggestion?

logikism

Jan 8, 2012
Boston, MA
Samsung Galaxy S21
Could you help me? Currently running CM12.1 and I've tried all the versions but MaxxAudio works only with poweramp, by activating musicfx, and not in any other app. If I reboot my phone and I don't connect my headphones it works for other apps too, but if i plug it to listen it will stop working, no matter how many times i will switch it on/off. I've boeffla kernel flashed. Any suggestion?

That's odd because Maxx audio works with everything but poweramp!
I would love for it to work though.
Imo if you use poweramp, theres no need for max audio
I use the latest ak kernel, synapse to turn up volume, and power amp for equalizer and player

Last edited:

uccollab

Dec 30, 2013
Carbonia
That's odd because Maxx audio works with everything but poweramp!
I would love for it to work though.
Imo if you use poweramp, theres no need for max audio
I use the latest ak kernel, synapse to turn up volume, and power amp for equalizer and player

It's not my problem, actually I'd like to have an unique equalizer that works for everything that sounds in my phone. I don't need more volume (and I could use Boeffla sound for that). I tried flashing again maxxaudio and now it works but...not totally. Let me explain: only Maxxtreble is effective, but MaxxBass, MaxxSpace or equalizer preset doesn't do anything. Only poweramp fully works (have you tried enabling the musicfx key in settings->sound->advanced in poweramp? then you'll find the switch in the tone/vol panel of the player). This is like the strangest "bug" I've experienced in my life..

logikism

Jan 8, 2012
Boston, MA
Samsung Galaxy S21
It's not my problem, actually I'd like to have an unique equalizer that works for everything that sounds in my phone. I don't need more volume (and I could use Boeffla sound for that). I tried flashing again maxxaudio and now it works but...not totally. Let me explain: only Maxxtreble is effective, but MaxxBass, MaxxSpace or equalizer preset doesn't do anything. Only poweramp fully works (have you tried enabling the musicfx key in settings->sound->advanced in poweramp? then you'll find the switch in the tone/vol panel of the player). This is like the strangest "bug" I've experienced in my life..

In not sure but my maxaudio with apollo sounds not so great. And using any of the "maxx" options other than the equalizer makes it worse. Like when i apply Maxxbass there's less bass as if it were playing on smaller speakers with less of a bass response. It just never sounds crisp with deep bass like it does with poweramp only

uccollab

Dec 30, 2013
Carbonia
In not sure but my maxaudio with apollo sounds not so great. And using any of the "maxx" options other than the equalizer makes it worse. Like when i apply Maxxbass there's less bass as if it were playing on smaller speakers with less of a bass response. It just never sounds crisp with deep bass like it does with poweramp only

Sounds weird to me, if I turn up the MaxxBass it gets really better..

AcmE85

Jan 19, 2012
Guys I upload maxxaudio for cm12.1 whos not working on cm12.1.I fixed this problem.Download apk and install.Done ;)

If this works please report :).Thank you :)

Is this meant to be installed as an update over a existing maxxaudio flash?
Does not work for me this way.

After completely removing maxxaudio I can install the apk, but it does not work for me
and it only shows a 5 band equalizer instead of 10.

AcmE85

Jan 19, 2012
Thanks but I don't understand which zip. Could you please link it?! Thanks

edit: this is the latest but does not work with your apk
-CM12 5.0+ / CM12.1 5.1 Optimized Another new test build V4 pulled out from CM12S libraries (Works system wide).
*Credits to @smoki3

Last edited:

xlollomanx

Dec 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy W I8150
OnePlus One
Is this meant to be installed as an update over a existing maxxaudio flash?
Does not work for me this way.

After completely removing maxxaudio I can install the apk, but it does not work for me
and it only shows a 5 band equalizer instead of 10.

Flash zip on status.Latest zip.then install apk

-CM12 5.0+ / CM12.1 5.1 Optimized Another new test build V4 pulled out from CM12S libraries (Works system wide).
*Credits to @smoki3
I've just installed the latest zip v4 and then replaced maxxaudio apk in system/priv-app with right permission.

farizazizov

Nov 19, 2014
New York
I've just installed the latest zip v4 and then replaced maxxaudio apk in system/priv-app with right permission.

You're welcome :).If I helped someone it's good ;)

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

*Credits to @smoki3
Do it as @xlollomanx said :)...if not works reboot your phone it might work ;).good luck

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo_zpsz2uchuoc.png

00097_zps5l5lmvko.png

This is the MaxxAudio DSP app port pulled out from Cyanogen OS with libraries.

Huge thanks to @ricardopvz help, after going through some modifications and improvements, we finally have working MaxxAudio port. :D

*And thanks to all testers!

Read this first:
    1. Make a Nandroid backup as always.
    2. This is tested on CyanogenMod ROM, other ROM's might or might not work…
    3. For other devices it will works most probably on Snapdragon 801, 805 SOC.
    4. *DON'T REPORT NOT WORKING OTHER THAN SOC MENTIONED ABOVE. As it is design for OPO only, you are welcomed to try on other device, but it is at your own risk!

Features:
    -10 band equalizer
    -MaxxVolume
    -MaxxTreble
    -MaxxBass
    -MaxxSpace

Bugs:
    -Depends on your ROM; basically is none, but read side notes.

Side notes:
    -If you are gonna to use MaxxAudio DSP, *STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you disable other DSP apps (DSP Manager, Audio FX, Music FX etc.) or it may causes conflict!
    -If you are facing it stops working randomly, please try the other build or don't clear it from the recent task list.

Other reported working models (also ROM dependent)
    -Oppo Find 7 series (S 801)
    -Motorola Moto Maxx (S 805) - credits to @Pika71
    -Motorola Moto G (S 400) - credits to @Quasar
    -LG G3 (S 801) - credits to @thelgog
    -Samsung Galaxy S5 (S 801) - credits to @jacksonfigueiredo
    -Motorola Nexus 6 (S 805) - credits to @Frozt
    -HTC One M7 (S 600) - credits to @bdizzle1686

Installation Instructions:
    -Flash via recovery.

Downloads:
    CM11 4.4.4/ CM12 5.0.x build V3(.0)
    -Ported from COS 11
    -Spotify fixed!! (And any other apps that could have problems) !!

CM12 5.0.x test build V4(.0)
    -For those who still experiencing problems with Spotify, screen off playback issue
    *Credits to @ricardopvz

Oxygen / CM12 5.0.x / CM12.1 5.1.x Optimized new test build V4(.1)
    -Ported from COS 12, claimed to work system wide
    *Credits to @smoki3

Oxygen / CM12 5.0.x / CM12.1 5.1.x Alternate new test build V4(.2)
    -Updated app SDK to 22
    -Compatible with 5.0 ROM's now
    *Credits to @farizazizov @AcmE85

CM12.1 Optimized 5.1.1 test build V5(.0)
    -Reported working on Android M
    -Ported from COS 12.1
    -With removal of old version MaxxAudioFX and survive OTA updates version here.
    *Credits to @Floydfire

A new version, better port has been released by @ahmedradaideh
    Thread

AND don't forget to thank them!

Screenshots:

4F351960684E_OnePlus%20One_0_PORTRAIT_zps7wnayb9u.png

XDA: DevDB Information:
    MaxxAudio Port, APP for the OnePlus One (see above for other supported devices)

Contributors:
    @soralz
    @ricardopvz
    @smoki3
    @farizazizov
    @AcmE85
    @Floydfire

And all testers.

Version Information:
    Latest Version: test build v5
    Version Release Date: 2015-08-30

Created 2015-02-10
    Last Updated 2015-08-30
    @smoki3 @Floydfire

Spotify fixed!! (And any other apps that could have problems) !!

Gimme the flashable zip, pleeeeeeeease!? Btw you're awesome.

Here
    Well, I don't see its service in running processes, even after boot :) No wonder it's not working for me...

I don't see it either, which is weird. Even more weird is that it works for me. :confused:

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Yay!! I fixed it!! Now it works everywhere everytime!!!
    But you need to disable all other effects apps that you might have.
    This zip removes CM AudioFX from the ROM.
    CM12s is out today! Mayby there is a newer version of audiofx that is optimised for lollipop and could work system-wide..:)

Here i have extracted all new files from cm12s.
    Please test it and tell me if it works.
    i have already flashed your test version :D on the final version you remove only the last audioFX or improve also stability ? because i have formated my system so, i don't have this old files ;)
    It removes old AudioFX and add a script that should maintain maxxaudio even after a dirty flash of a new nightly

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

It made a mess in system.
    /system/vendor/lib/libMA3-processcode-Cortex_A9.so is not removed.
    When system started is asking which of those two AudioFX should be used, so definitely your zip does not removing successfully previous version.
    Care to explain better the mess? And also can you tell me the name of your old dspmanager and the address? Is not much constructive to say that... No mess on my phone so if you care to be helpful explain better what happened. Thanks. Next time do it by yourself if that is your attitude.
    Edit: I've fixed a typo in the script that remove libMA3-processcode-Coretex_A9.so forgot an E should remove that file now.

EDIT2: and also the maxxaudioFX typo, so if someone downloaded before this second edit, redownload it please :)