[INDEX] Google Nexus 5 - Android 6.0 Marshmallow - Developer Preview [26 Sep 2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

R102

May 2, 2012
yes I know, but If quitting everything remains the way it was

At backup folder location (screen menu)
-Storage provider : Filesystem (click to change)
-choose "DocumentProvider storage"
New screen will popup
-click the three dot at the upper right corner
-show internal storage
-click menu (three line icon at the upper left corner)
-choose Internal storage

- storage->emulated->0
Important! Do NOT go to TitaniumBackup folder.

-click "SELECT Internal storage" (locate at the bottom)
Now you are directly to Backup folder location
-Scroll the folders & click TitaniumBackup.
Click "Use the current folder" (at the bottom)
If asked to copy to/from ..... click yes.

I hope this could help & Please forgive my english. :D
Just info: I use Despair Kernel 1.8

Last edited:

acultr

Jan 29, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
At backup folder location (screen menu)
-Storage provider : Filesystem (click to change)
-choose "DocumentProvider storage"
New screen will popup
-click the three dot at the upper right corner
-show internal storage
-click menu (three line icon at the upper left corner)
-choose Internal storage

- storage->emulated->0
Important! Do NOT go to TitaniumBackup folder.

-click "SELECT Internal storage" (locate at the bottom)
Now you are directly to Backup folder location
-Scroll the folders & click TitaniumBackup.
Click "Use the current folder" (at the bottom)
If asked to copy to/from ..... click yes.

I hope this could help & Please forgive my english. :D
Just info: I use Despair Kernel 1.8

fine thank you very much ?

Reactions: R102

migueldbr

Nov 30, 2011
Coimbra
built it, testing it in progress, if anyone wants: https://mega.nz/#!GFBURJZS!ZvlkAHW_l61o7u3b6eorKzzkHCsXSk2qkM8NTxiNJe0

I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY ON THIS!

i have included no ramdisk, as it is fully stock, except for the root enabling flag, and the partial resume commit reverted, so it is enabled in this build.
you should flash the stock M kernel, then flash the image : fastboot flash zimage zImage-dtb

How is your usage with your stock kernel rooted? Also all you guys who use stock unrooted, do you have the same wakelocks and battery problems mentioned by users on custom kernels?

Claude Koch

Apr 11, 2015
Does M bring any improvements to notifications?

Currently L gives me truncated (single line) banners which disappear when I open the lock screen, never to be seen again., with no history.

mprziv

Jul 31, 2010
Jupiter
The OP keeps updating the date when a new kernel, tweak or wallpaper gets uploaded.

Its almost like click bait at this point. I see "latest update July 4th", and think, oh...the new m preview has been released, only to be disappointed.

Am I the only one here who thinks that the latest update should be the date when M Preview was last updated?

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
The OP keeps updating the date when a new kernel, tweak or wallpaper gets uploaded.

Its almost like click bait at this point. I see "latest update July 4th", and think, oh...the new m preview has been released, only to be disappointed.

Am I the only one here who thinks that the latest update should be the date when M Preview was last updated?

This is an index with threads related to the Android M Developer Preview, not a waiting area for the next M Preview. When the index gets an update, the date in the title changes to inform, that something was changed. I want to see a vivid discussion about problems and solutions, about new mods, kernels and customizations around the Android M Developer Preview.

Click baiting? As soon as I get paid for this index, you can call it like that. Until then it's just a lot of work to keep indexes up to date as a free service for everyone.

If you want to open a waiting thread like "Waiting lounge for the next Android M Developer Preview", go ahead.

EDIT:
Keep an eye on the Preview Downloads website. This will probably the first place, you'll find a new image, when Google releases it.

Last edited:

mprziv

Jul 31, 2010
Jupiter
Guy
This is an index with threads related to the Android M Developer Preview, not a waiting area for the next M Preview. When the index gets an update, the date in the title changes to inform, that something was changed. I want to see a vivid discussion about problems and solutions, about new mods, kernels and customizations around the Android M Developer Preview.

Click baiting? As soon as I get paid for this index, you can call it like that. Until then it's just a lot of work to keep indexes up to date as a free service for everyone.

If you want to open a waiting thread like "Waiting lounge for the next Android M Developer Preview", go ahead.

EDIT:
Keep an eye on the Preview Downloads website. This will probably the first place, you'll find a new image, when Google releases it.

What was the July 4th update? I see stuff for the 1st...but not the 4th

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Guy

What was the July 4th update? I see stuff for the 1st...but not the 4th

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I reviewed every collected thread and updated its last update and title inside this thread. You can see a small note aside the section title like "reviewed on 04 Jul 2015". I do not collect and leave it just there, I still maintain those entries and sort them by the dates of their update.

When the thread was updated on 1st of July, I give it a new date and title, as they sometimes change as well, mostly version numbers, dates or description or features. On 4th of July I just reviewed, but nothing changed at all threads at the time I was reviewing. However, the collection of threads are up to date by 4th of July. Keep in mind the worldwide time zones... when i'ts 1 am here, it's still yesterday from my point of view in America.

tikkalamt

Oct 6, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
built it, testing it in progress, if anyone wants: https://mega.nz/#!GFBURJZS!ZvlkAHW_l61o7u3b6eorKzzkHCsXSk2qkM8NTxiNJe0

I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY ON THIS!

i have included no ramdisk, as it is fully stock, except for the root enabling flag, and the partial resume commit reverted, so it is enabled in this build.
you should flash the stock M kernel, then flash the image : fastboot flash zimage zImage-dtb

THANKS! Decided to use your work instead of others in hope that the battery life is better. Any observations on this?

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Edit: Just saw that others asked this too. Better to wait and see myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts