[BIN]{LGFlashTool} Unbrick/Unroot/Flash ANY (P769, MS769, P760) in Download Mode

Search This thread

jjczon

Jul 23, 2008
Also had bricked my P769, also ran into trouble that V20B showed the fail. Tried a Wind V11A and that worked, at least to 80% and than phone was reset and RESET showed in the flash tool. After that phone booted with setup screen. Flashtool however showed after a while a fail at 572 seconds with WM_PROGRESS_MSG 'We can't communicate with specific port' followed by 8 zero's.

Phone comes back up with a messed up touch interface. But screen isn't inverted.

Phone was running T-mobile USA V20h before I started messing up. trying to unlock the bootloader.
Any ideas?

Tried to install the v6.bin but adb shell doesn't allow to to go into su mode so following commands are denied

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Tried to install the v6.bin but adb shell doesn't allow to to go into su mode so following commands are denied

Okay fixed that problem... back on V20h and touch working after reinstalling v6.bin and lloking at screen of phone to grant access. :)

ciccillover

Jun 6, 2010
Barletta (BT)
I'm in the 7 seconds StartDownload Exception club with my P760.
I have strictly followed this guide and tried a number of KDZs converted to BINs, but LG FlashTool is still asking for a FLS that, as usual, is not even there.
Someone suggested an attempt with an original BIN file, instead of a converted one, but I can't find any. Many links I've found are either dead or unreachable.
Any help? Other methods I've tried won't work for a reason or another.
EDIT: used the converter from the Duckscreen method, which gives both a BIN and a FLS file, but I've still selected the BIN file only, ignoring the FLS. Flashing is in progress. Wish me luck!
EDIT 2: stuck ad 26% for a long time, then stopped with several errors. The last one is "error! OMAPErasePart"
EDIT 3: after that, the phone seems completely dead. Can't power on anymore, neither normally, nor in sw upgrade mode. What to do?

Last edited:

geeshiet

May 26, 2013
This method can't work for me because my phone p769 won't even turn on, neither can I go into download mode. Nothing I can do at this point I need help?!

Nipun Gupta

Sep 25, 2014
New Delhi
helpp

what to do??

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 474

Coito

Mar 12, 2008
Braga
I got everything working until I started the flash, it failed after 6 seconds with a 'startdownload exception'. There's "F0000002" written underneath it. I followed your instructions exactly. Please help, my phone is soft bricked and this method is probably the only one that will save my phone (kdz flashing offline didn't work because the software crashed every time I tried). Are there any other methods that I can use to unbrick my phone? I can access CWM, but whenever I try to install a recovery CWM says it can't access the /system partition (I think it's corrupted). I have a P769 t-mobile with Jellybean. I'm also running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Any help???

Same thing happening to me, followed the instructions exactly and all I get is the same error.
Any solution to solve this?

Thanks

dnuuk

May 14, 2014
soundcloud.com
Quick dumb noobster question guys please... Do i need the .dll file to be extracted from the KDZ? from the BIN? where do I get that .dll file from? YES! I know you include it here for certain models, but my issue is happening to a LG L90, I already have a .TOT file for that, or the BIN extractor... but I still need the .dll, so does it have to be accurately for the exact same model (which seems like obvious and correct) or can I try with other model's dll? I've seen this "megalock.dll" around... but information isn't so clear about it (at least for me)... so could you guys please help me a bit on this, a fresh thought on where to look up to? I find this guide pretty useful, but I need to be sure first about what proceeds for my model...

Thanks a million in advance for any possible help and for being so kind and understanding of my situation :) @sammyz @BajoPrimate @kuma82

RavenII

Dec 4, 2006
For all those who are having issues with "Download Fail!!" after 6 or 7 seconds, do the following (I'm sure there's an easier way, but I didn't care to dedicate too much time, I just found the simplest/quickest solution)

Go To: Place KDZ IN HERE --> Tools
Right click on "EXTRACT KDZ TO BIN" then click Edit
Find the following line DEL "%BIN%[*].bin" *.fls and change it to DEL "%BIN%[*].bin"

Use the tool as you normally would, then when you're following the directions, instead of just adding the .bin file to the list of files, also select the .fls file....all will be fine...****, I didn't even have to change the port number on the phone...but that might have been a fluke.

Enjoy, I hope it helps.

(Note: I rarely check XDA these days, and I almost NEVER check/answer PMs, sorry guys)

tuinboontje

Oct 23, 2013
For all those who are having issues with "Download Fail!!" after 6 or 7 seconds, do the following (I'm sure there's an easier way, but I didn't care to dedicate too much time, I just found the simplest/quickest solution)

Find the following line DEL "%BIN%[*].bin" *.fls and change it to DEL "%BIN%[*].bin"

Use the tool as you normally would, then when you're following the directions, instead of just adding the .bin file to the list of files, also select the .fls file....all will be fine...****, I didn't even have to change the port number on the phone...but that might have been a fluke.

Enjoy, I hope it helps.

(Note: I rarely check XDA these days, and I almost NEVER check/answer PMs, sorry guys)

Thank you vevry much your suggestion of changing the line in the script worked 4 mee thank you again

BajoPrimate

Nov 20, 2012
Sondika
You wouldn't happen to have the P769 bin file would you, I have the t mobile version, It was the v20h, But could i flash an earlier version, anyways the link you gave before for the P769 the bin file is gone.

Any help thanks
I'm sorry, but I haven't it.
The link was from GSM forums, if that could help you.
Good luck.

Sent from my LG P76020p-EUR-XX unlocked and rooted

ChazZeromus

Jul 20, 2011
I got past the exception! For anyone getting the "StartDownload Exception" with a *_cp.fls file in the log, I found a that if I remove the line in the KDZ extracting batch-script that removes the temp folder, I can grab a copy of the .fls file and place it in the same directory as the output *.bin file, then flashing proceeds successfully. I just tried flashing my LGMS769 from MetroPCS with V10D_00.kdz and it seems to work, but the touch controls are wonky. So not sure if that is a fully sound solution. Can anyone else confirm?

nice_life

Sep 5, 2015
After the 15th step, the LG Flash Tool just sits at READY!! and does not attempt to flash. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

mirul_up

Aug 23, 2013
hello @sammyz is it work for p765?
I confused about dll. what should I use?
my phone can enter fastboot but when writing recovery via adb fastboot its fail.. other command about writing or erase its say fail.
I try flashing cmahendra tutorial but stop at 15% and say usb not connected.
I try again with LG Flashtool 2014 but stop at 50% and say about usb again.
I m sure all driver installed corretcly.
please someone help me..
sory for my bad englisg.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gizmosis350k

nimms

Oct 17, 2007
Hyderabad/TS
For all those who are having issues with "Download Fail!!" after 6 or 7 seconds, do the following

Use the tool as you normally would, then when you're following the directions, instead of just adding the .bin file to the list of files, also select the .fls file....all will be fine...****,

Enjoy, I hope it helps.

Quoting this for all those having problems like me. Your post helped, thanks.:good::good::good:

Reactions: Gizmosis350k

minomx

Oct 21, 2012
thank you thank you very much man

Enjoy, I hope it helps.

:D thank you thank you very much man

jbkelly

Nov 5, 2015
not sure if this is where i post this but i am desperate. I have a VM LG F3 LS720 extremely bricked. hard reset just goes back to LG screen. cant access CRWP hangs on waiting......then i get an Android on his back with a red exclamation point in his gut. when i flash with LGFLASH TOOL (which i have done before successfully) all i get is error F0000002 and .....primary GPT. also phone will only show up on pc when in download mode. ADB, Android Flash Recovery, Skipsoft Toolkit, Odin......nothing is showing the phone to be connected. i am at a loss

andytorres

Nov 17, 2015
Error when flasing P769

Hi:
I have a LG P769 that is stuck at the tmobile logo, I have followed the instructions in this post, but after step 15, the flash tool shows me this:
Code:
PID: NULL
IMEI: NULL
StartDownload()
RomBinary Download set Port 41
RomBinary Download start
lgP769_cp.fls
StartDownload Exception
F00000002
Has anyone had that issue? Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, I AM NOT copying Duckscreen's method. I've been using this method to flash firmware to my phone ever since trying to unlock it. He posted his method on "19th March 2014, 08:32 AM". I posted mine originally here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-l9-all-things-root/804429-need-serious-help-2.html#post6399062 on "January 20th, 2014, 11:51 AM" So do not call me a copy cat and don't tell me I stole his method but improved it. I got the MS769 firmware BEFORE the phone was released and before I even got my MS769.

Second, this guide is written to be noob friendly. If you do not take the time to read this post, I can't help you. I'm in college, I'm trying to find a job. I am also using correct grammar so Google Translate will do its job to the best of its ability.

Third, I do not make videos. If anyone wants to make a VIDEO (not words from this post on a .mp4 video file) go ahead, I'll probably update this post with a video if someone actually posts one, but it must follow this guide.

Fourth, there's no way to unbrick without Windows, stop asking.

Fifth, this will do a factory reset at the end whether you want it to or not.

Now, unlike everyone else I've seen posting on here, I like to keep things neat. Downloads at the beginning and instructions after. If you fail to read the instructions, not my problem.

Downloads:
    Drivers: https://app.box.com/shared/32c5t7fj2w8xcwr0krjo
    You need this to flash (READ THE README): LGFlashTool_L9.zip
    And you need this to convert the KDZ to a BIN file: Download the attachment in the post
    You will also need firmware.
    MS769: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW668495432109876543213/V10F_00.kdz (will add a mirror later)
    P769: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW959486573210987654321/V20H_00.kdz (will add a mirror later)
    P760/769: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107971 (Post 1 is Jellybean, Post 2 is ICS) (I don't have any direct links to P760 KDZ files.) If you want older firmware for MS769, I have V10b KDZ, but the site it is on right now is switching hosts or will be soon.

Instructions:
    1. Download everything from the Downloads section above if you have not already.
    2. Download firmware if you have not already.
    3. Extract all the zip files anywhere you can remember.
    4. If you can't figure out how to install drivers, you should have never rooted your phone.
    5. CONTINUE READING THIS POST.

How to extract the firmware from KDZ to BIN:
    1. Place the KDZ you downloaded in the EXTRACTED folder called "Place KDZ here"
    2. Open EXTRACT TO BINS.bat
    3. DO NOT OPEN THE BIN FOLDER. Doing so will throw an error and you will have to re-run the script.
    4. Once the BIN folder is renamed to the same software version as the KDZ file, you will see the single .bin file in there. Ignore the .dll and .fls files in that folder, we don't need them.

How to Flash the BIN
    1. There are 3 DLL files that came with the LGFlashTool_L9.zip file, find the model number that matches the firmware model number.
    2. After installing LGFlashTool (I hope you read the readme), open LGFlashTool, click "Select Manual mode".
    3. Where it says DLL, at the very right side of the blank white box there's a "..." button, click it and select the DLL that matches the firmware model number that you are about to flash.
    4. On the very right side of S/W, click "Add". Select the BIN file that we just extracted from the KDZ.
    5. DO NOT PRESS OK YET.
    6. Put the phone in download mode:
      Jellybean bootloader:
      Turn off the phone, remove the battery. Put the battery in, hold volume up+down and plug in the USB cable, after 1 second of the USB cable being plugged in, let go of volume down, keep your finger on volume up until you see S/W Upgrade. If you see the LG logo you failed, repeat the step again.
      ICS bootloader:
      Hold Volume up + down while plugging in the USB cable is the method I think.
    7. Now on the computer open Device Manager, go to "Ports (COM & LPT)". Expand it if it isn't already.
    8. Right click LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM#) and click properties.
    9. Go to the Port Settings tab, click Advanced..., change the COM Port Number to COM41. Press OK, press OK. You can close Device Manager now.
    10. Go back to LG FlashTool, press OK.
    11. Click this button now:
      8IthT.jpg

12. Change it to look like this:
      8ItkK.png

13. Press OK.
    14. Click this:
      8Itom.jpg

15. Now unplug your phone, wait 5 seconds, plug it back in. Let it finish. Do not unplug until phone is 100% booted.

Enjoy.

Thanks to @kuma82 :D this wouldn't have been possible without that script. Also thanks to @jes0411 @tog3 @Ilko and @navossoc especially for creating the original tools for extraction. I love LGExtract, it's my favorite program :)

Wanted to say thanks to Soflo Studio for helping me with this.
    Why are you copying Duckscreen's method?

Im kidding. Nice write up/tut

Enjoy, I hope it helps.

Alright @BajoPrimate try this modified script and good luck!
    md5 2da18f444b71947528a9e7d4b92f1bff
    does anyone have an original bin file for an P760? I have the same problem and it doesn't work with the bin file I convert.
    Hi alex_onu, here you go http://uploaded.net/f/xh3dqq
    Cheers. Good luck.

Sent from my LG P76020p-EUR-XX unlocked and rooted