Anyone else disappointed?

Search This thread

gammite

Mar 13, 2007
not disappointed but this is not an automatic upgrade for me as i already have a moto x 2014 and a nexus 6. but when the price drop comes........
and a giant plus is the price and that this will NOT be carried by the carriers and it will also have all radios from all major carriers. this is a giant win for customers/consumers.

s27moto

Nov 3, 2012
Tehran
sites.google.com
no i love the moto x 2end edition but it's not my choose because i want a device with better camera and micro sd support
motorola always make cool device take big look on Moto X Style 1st device with selfie flash

D

Deleted member 5302440

Only disappointed they won't bring that one to Canada and only the Play. Sheesh others company start using Canada as unlocked phone playground because we have both world's. Carrier contract with hefty price. And greedy bastards Like me who buy unlocked and get 25$ per month off

Skyerin

Feb 14, 2012
Naah, my hands can't handle it...
I'll wait for a while to see if a smaller version is released... If not I'll just go to apple u_u

or I'll get a dumbphone I don't know xD

I've got the same problem and struggle to use the nexus 5 because of it's size and having small hands :(

But, that said, the bigger screen is gonna be easier on my eyes so if I get it, I'll probably get a good case & screen protector for all the inevitable drops and also buy the moto hint so I won't have to do many things by hand and I can just talk to my phone instead. If they released a play with the snapdragon 808, I'd have probably bought that though but it is what it is.

orcsbane13

Apr 6, 2010
I was just looking over the specs and I'm very happy to see it'll record 1080p @ 60fps and does slow motion @ 120fps. I hate that the nexus 6 doesn't do the 60fps. I'm definitely getting hyped after reading over the camera review.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ewa12321

rascal0pl

Dec 20, 2008
I'm not. SD card slot is there, so I'm happy about that. I hope that devs will do something with audio (like fauxsound/boeffla sound/voodoo for SGS phones), if they do, it will be my next phone for sure.

tietherope

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
I'll be driving to the U.S. to pick one up. Should work with all the proper bands in Canada right?

Last edited:

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011

tietherope

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
Pick one up from where? Is Best Buy selling them in stores?

Yes they are.

sNvxFU1m.jpg

EternalAndroid

Dec 18, 2012
Denver
I may be the minority here but I am impressed, only thing I do not like is the processor clock speed, 1.8 GHz? I know it isn't about the specs but that's pretty low for 2015. I do like Moto did away with OLED this year because I cannot stand burn in & the wide angle front facing camera.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not every lcd is tft. IPS stands for in-plane switching. An IPS-LCD is a type of thin display that offers better viewing angles than TFT-LCDs. IPS-LCDs feature two transistors for each pixel, where TFT-LCDs use just one.

HTC One_M8 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Dude, please do some research. EVERY LCD in every computer, phone, and TV since the early 2000s has been some type of TFT-LCD. They don't make non-TFT (passive matrix) LCDs anymore! IPS IS a type of TFT-LCD. TFT does not refer to the number of transistors used for each pixel. Some TFTs use one transistor per pixel (TN) and other TFTs use two transistors per pixel (IPS). TFT just refers to the a mechanism used to address pixels (active matrix vs passive matrix).

Study material:

http://www.slrlounge.com/what-is-an-ips-monitor-understanding-ips-displays/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin-film-transistor_liquid-crystal_display

http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/PC-Life-faqs/what-is-ips/

http://www.newhavendisplay.com/tft_page.html

I think this quote directly from the Lenovo (Motorola) website sums it up nicely:
    IPS, also known as In-Plane Switching, is a type of monitor display and screen technology. More specifically, an IPS panel is a type of TFT LCD (or “active matrix” LCD). LCD, or Liquid Crystal Display, is the use of light modulating properties from unlit liquid crystals for providing a flat panel or electronic visual display. TFT, which stands for Thin Film Transistor, is an LCD display variant built and marketed for enhanced color, as well as contrast and black levels. The two most common types of TFT LCDs are IPS and TN displays.

The active matrix IPS TFT LCD was developed by Hitachi in 1996 as a solution to the display limitations of TN TFT LCDs (Twisted Nematic) from the late 1980s, which are standard non-IPS LCDs.
    to my knowledge, almost no phones are waterproof, though many are water resistant (maybe 1.5 meters for 30 mins). it may not have 4000 mAh like the droid turbo, but 3000 mAh is a sizeable increase compared to the moto x which had 2300 mAh. maybe they are leaving some market space for the new x, which is rumored to have 3600 mAh. and the style for $400 makes it a pretty sweet deal no matter how you cut it. i was unable to find any IP rating for the new moto x style.
    I'm not sure how 3Ah is a small battery.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

There is a portion of xda members and phone enthusiasts who believe that if you don't have the largest battery in any phone, then the battery sucks. I call it Ricky Bobby mentality... "If you're not first, you're last."

I think battery life should be similar to the G4, which is quite good.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Forums Pro.
    Still disappointed by lack of a physical keyboard...
    No USB type C = disappointed.
    anyone knows what USB standard it supports, USB 3.1 or USB 3.0 or the older USB 2.0?
    No USB Type-C = better compatibility of chargers, and Quick Charge 2.0. I honestly cannot see Type-C taking off anywhere within the next year, seeing as major players are dragging their feet on this, and at this point, I'd rather be stuck with a micro-USB port.