[XPOSED][MODULE] S-pushTAN and DKB-pushTAN on rooted devices

Search This thread

finn.sta

Dec 29, 2010
Hey guys,
I had some issues with my rooted device and the S-pushTAN app from Starfinanz so I decided to write a little module which allows running the app on a rooted device.
I am new to Android programming so please don't be too harsh with me if it is not working on your device.
I will do my best and try to fix every problem you guys have.
Successfully tested and working on:

✓ Android 5.1.1
✓ Android 5.0.1
✓ Android 4.4.2
✓ Android 4.2.2

Xposed is required.
Now supports the DKB-pushTAN app!

Src: http://pastebin.com/zLyJQEz0
Link to the german thread: android-hilfe.de

You'd like to buy me a beer?
Donate via PayPal

XDA:DevDB Information
pushTanEnabler for S-pushTAN and DKB-pushTAN, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
finn.sta
Source Code: http://pastebin.com/zLyJQEz0

Xposed Package Name:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-09-08

Created 2015-08-04
Last Updated 2015-09-08

Attachments

• pushTanEnabler.apk
    407.5 KB · Views: 3,357
Last edited:

TheonlyTazz

Feb 3, 2011
Works like a charm! Tried many methods, but none worked... This one does!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Sumpf

Sep 17, 2010
DKB 1.0.4

Hi,

thanks for your work so far. Now there is a new DKB Push-Tan app out. Hopefully you gonna find a solution for this app too. This would be great.
I'm not able to post a link, but you gonna find the apk in your android-hilfe.de thread !
Thanks in advance

finn.sta

Dec 29, 2010
Hi,

I'll have a look at it tonight!
Greetings

Edit: Updated it to support the DKB app!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sumpf

finn.sta

Dec 29, 2010
Hi. Thanks for mod but dont work on dkb push tan app. Dkb app also says your phone is rooted.
Galaxy s6edge
Custom rom
Android 5.1.1

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Hi,

I believe that the S6 edge or the S6 in general is not yet supported by xposed. Please have a look at your xposed installation and make sure it is installed correctly. To do that go to xposed installer/framework and look at the displayed message.

Greetings

asc1977

Apr 15, 2012
Schwetzingen
Hi,

I believe that the S6 edge or the S6 in general is not yet supported by xposed. Please have a look at your xposed installation and make sure it is installed correctly. To do that go to xposed installer/framework and look at the displayed message.

Greetings
Its supported. Wanams xposed and work perfect
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3180960
db7e4a23bce28ec6c1cb57bd50d2d3f0.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

mh166

Dec 12, 2010
Hi there,

thanks for your great work! It's doing a great job for me. :)

Just a sidenote, in case anyone is having the same "issue" as I just had: I still had v1.0.3 of the DKB PushTAN app installed. After having updated your mod (but not the DKB app, yet), I was told by the pushtan app "You've got screenreader, you've got root – you're a baaad, bad guy!" ;) So to me it seems that this mod isn't supporting older versions anymore? I don't know how much work it may take, but maybe there's a way to add an version check to make it work with older apps as well.

Just my two cents. Anyway: thank you again for this great piece of software! =)

Regards, mh166

finn.sta

Dec 29, 2010

x5c0d3

Nov 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
Did you take a short look into this log mate? It just shows some repository updates. ;)

09-30 11:42:57.101 I/XposedInstaller(13746): Downloaded http://dl.xposed.info/repo/partial/5449.xml.gz with status 0 (error: null), size 8199 bytes
09-30 11:42:57.149 I/XposedInstaller(13746): Updated repository http://dl.xposed.info/repo/full.xml.gz to version 5450 (1 new / 0 removed modules)
09-30 11:43:40.047 I/XposedInstaller(13746): Downloaded http://dl.xposed.info/repo/partial/5450.xml.gz with status 0 (error: null), size 65 bytes
09-30 11:43:40.049 I/XposedInstaller(13746): Updated repository http://dl.xposed.info/repo/full.xml.gz to version 5450 (0 new / 0 removed modules)

AFAIK the developers ask for a Logcat logfile

Last edited:
Reactions: finn.sta

x5c0d3

Nov 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
You serious? This app is to secure your banking. Maybe you want the old TAN lists back? :D

The answer to your question is simple without beeing a Xposed developer: No

Why? The module does not mess with the code of the app. It just redirects the system requests of the app which makes it recognize rooted devices.

Normally: The app asks into the system is there is su installed. The system says "YES" and the app tells you that you cannot use it with a rooted device.
With the module: The app asks into the system is there is su installed. This request gets directed to the enabler module which answers with "What is su? I don't know it." and the app believes that there is no Superuser command available which means your device is not rooted.

This is not exacly the way this module works but should make you understand how it does its job. The app stays like it is. No changes.

lightworks

Jan 27, 2015
If the system is compromised it makes not difference if there is a password prompt or not. If the system is safe there is no requirement of a password.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    I had some issues with my rooted device and the S-pushTAN app from Starfinanz so I decided to write a little module which allows running the app on a rooted device.
    I am new to Android programming so please don't be too harsh with me if it is not working on your device.
    I will do my best and try to fix every problem you guys have.
    Successfully tested and working on:

✓ Android 5.1.1
    ✓ Android 5.0.1
    ✓ Android 4.4.2
    ✓ Android 4.2.2

Xposed is required.
    Now supports the DKB-pushTAN app!

Src: http://pastebin.com/zLyJQEz0
    Link to the german thread: android-hilfe.de

You'd like to buy me a beer?
    Donate via PayPal

XDA:DevDB Information
    pushTanEnabler for S-pushTAN and DKB-pushTAN, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    finn.sta
    Source Code: http://pastebin.com/zLyJQEz0

Xposed Package Name:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-09-08

Created 2015-08-04
    Last Updated 2015-09-08
    Hey guys, good and amazing news!

I got newest DKB Push TAN App working with SuHide on my N5 with Nougat! :good::D

Preparing:

* Download 'SU-2.78-SR1' and the 'suhide-0.53' from here [Credits: @Chainfire]
    * Install the SuHide GUI App [Credits: "Jason Maxfield"]
    * Uninstall xposed if installed (use correctly zip's for full uninstall)

Steps:

1) Full unroot device using supersu app
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) TWRP > Mount > Check 'System'
    4) TWRP > Advaned > File Manager: If exist delete the file /system/xbin/su
    5) TWRP > Terminal > enter "echo SYSTEMLESS=true > /data/.supersu"
    6) TWRP > Flash 'SU-2.78-SR1'
    7) TWRP > Flash 'suhide-0.53'
    8) After Boot choose "DKB Push TAN" in 'SuHide GUI'
    9) Reboot!

Hope this helps and working as well as for me.

CHEERS, guys ;)

PS: I'm sure this also working for S-PushTAN if anyone need. Just choose the other App in SuHide GUI.
    The hard way

After the december update (v 1.0.7 ) it is failry hard to do it, according to the following presentation:

youtube url: /watch?v=SCMJmbuTQCM (can't post the full link)

So basically you will have to:

1. Rename the /system/xbin/su file so root is not detected (other apps won't recognize root either)
    2. Remove & rename xposed specific files: list @ 18:02 in video
    3. Recompile & replace /proc/self/exe (the last two steps trick the xposed detection) - note though, xposed won't work anymore

I haven't tested the method because it is just easier / safer to get a chip generator.

Cheers
    m
    Hi guys,

I finally found a solution for the pushtan issue!

You have to install magisk and root your phone with magisk. Afterwards, go to the magisk settings and convert it to a random package name (it's the third name in the list). Afterwards activate magisk hide at the lower end of the settings menu.

Go back, tap on magisk hide in the left panel and add pushtan. Afterwards pushtan will start without crashing.

Tested with Android 7 on a galaxy S7 (modded stock Rom superman 2.9.0) and with the dkb pushtan app in the newest version (2.1.2).

Enjoy!
    Sorry guys, I have to stop the development for now.. I will report back right when I'll look at the new code again! Thanks for your support til now