[ROM] [LP 5.1.1_r37] [LMY49J] Dreams - version 5.3.9.4

Search This thread

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
There was no problem in previous versions. Facing problem only with latest update. I love this rom so never tried any other.. ;)

Thanks for the great rom! :)

For me, those artifacts are appearing everywhere, starting from setup wizzard. They come and go, but it's pretty anoying. I also did a fresh install.

Previous version was based on Android 5.1.1_r4 and v.5.3.6.7 is based on android-lollipop-wfc1-release (5.1.1_r5)
After making a clean flash, I see no difference. Also I have not made any changes the graphics...

What kind of artifacts do you guys mean?

Exclusiveyash

Nov 11, 2012
Previous version was based on Android 5.1.1_r4 and v.5.3.6.7 is based on android-lollipop-wfc1-release (5.1.1_r5)
After making a clean flash, I see no difference. Also I have not made any changes the graphics...

What kind of artifacts do you guys mean?

The screen flickers and some pixels go black randomly.! It acts weird and lasts only few seconds. And sometimes, it just freezes and phone reboots.! There will be dead pixels all over the screen.!

Reactions: Carlos_Manuel

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
The screen flickers and some pixels go black randomly.! It acts weird and lasts only few seconds. And sometimes, it just freezes and phone reboots.! There will be dead pixels all over the screen.!

That has never happened to me.. I've been using v.5.3.7.6 for a month now. When I have some time, then I update my sources to the latest LP release and I'll re-check all my commits to see what's going on...

Thanks!

Exclusiveyash

Nov 11, 2012
For me, those artifacts are appearing everywhere, starting from setup wizzard. They come and go, but it's pretty anoying. I also did a fresh install.

That has never happened to me.. I've been using v.5.3.7.6 for a month now. When I have some time, then I update my sources to the latest LP release and I'll re-check all my commits to see what's going on...

Thanks!

I found and fixed the problem bro. Its with GPU Overclocking to 512MHZ. I under clocked the GPU to 307mhz and its very stable and no artifacts. :fingers-crossed:

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Here's a quick update. This version probably requires a clean flash.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxlYDVLp_RkMYm5xd3gtV3NJU0U/view?usp=sharing

Android 5.1.1_r8 (lollipop-mr1-fi-release): "LVY48C"
Add alternate WebView provider package
framework: fix screenshot and rotation animation for devices with abn… (unnecessary, but for just in case..)
Screenshot Delete thanks to DvTonder & Show confirmation for deleted screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-02-12-17-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-02-12-17-45.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 496
  • Screenshot_2015-08-02-12-23-54.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-02-12-23-54.png
    87 KB · Views: 816
  • Screenshot_2015-08-02-12-28-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-02-12-28-26.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 498

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
@Carlos_Manuel Is the default GPU clock 512MHz? I'm getting those artifacts, it pretty bad, i can't even finish the setup wizzard, the device is rebooting...

Yes, GPU is overclocked to 512 MHz, but seriously what kind of artifacts somw of you experience? I'm using my kernel with no modifications and everything is working fine. I did make a clean flash. Could you capture the artifacts to the video or something, so I can see what you are speaking about. Thanks!

Last edited:

mn.code

Sep 18, 2011
Bor
Yes, GPU is overclocked to 512 MHz, but seriously what kind of artifacts somw of you experience? I'm using my kernel with no modifications and everything is working fine. I did make a clean flash. Could you capture the artifacts to the video or something, so I can see what you are speaking about. Thanks!

Yeah, i managed to lower it to 384MHz with kernel auditor (installed only rom, no gapps) and now artifacts are gone. Will try to record them ASAP. Can I manually set default frequency without any app (because kernel auditor has delay when applying on boot)?

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Yeah, i managed to lower it to 384MHz with kernel auditor (installed only rom, no gapps) and now artifacts are gone. Will try to record them ASAP. Can I manually set default frequency without any app (because kernel auditor has delay when applying on boot)?

OK, I asked about this from Ziyan. The GPU changes affects some Nexuses with 'weaker chip' or something? So, only workaround for those nexuses which are affected, is to underclock the GPU frequency to 307 or to 384. I.e by using Trickstermod app (requires root). No need to record those. :)

mn.code

Sep 18, 2011
Bor
OK, I asked about this from Ziyan. The GPU changes affects some Nexuses with 'weaker chip' or something? So, only workaround for those nexuses which are affected, is to underclock the GPU frequency to 307 or to 384. I.e by using Trickstermod app (requires root). No need to record those. :)

Hah, i recorded them, if you change your mind I will upload it. I'am into hardware so I know what is happening (it's like GPU throttling). I did underclock it, but is there any way (some file in /proc/sys ?) I can set max frequency to 384MHz without any app or do I need to recompile kernel?

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Hah, i recorded them, if you change your mind I will upload it. I'am into hardware so I know what is happening (it's like GPU throttling). I did underclock it, but is there any way (some file in /proc/sys ?) I can set max frequency to 384MHz without any app or do I need to recompile kernel?

I don't know. Usually I don't modify kernel settings. :D

KingN96

Apr 9, 2015
Rome
Hi, I would like to congratulate you for this great rom :) my gnex now is reborn!!!
I've just a problem. The microphone and button of gnex stock headset don't work! i can hear sound but in a call they can hear me only by internal phone mic. Is this a known problem? anyone know how to fix it?
before installing this ROM those things worked.

Thanks.

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Hi, I would like to congratulate you for this great rom :) my gnex now is reborn!!!
I've just a problem. The microphone and button of gnex stock headset don't work! i can hear sound but in a call they can hear me only by internal phone mic. Is this a known problem? anyone know how to fix it?
before installing this ROM those things worked.

Thanks.

The nonfunctional headset buttons, is a known issue, but about the microphone, I have no idea.

It looks like it's a kernel bug after all (GPU gets stuck at 512MHz on boot which causes chip to overheat and results with artifacts and device rebooting), @zzpianoman discovered and fixed it in his CM12.1 rom.

His ROM uses older graphics drivers (IMG ddk 1.8), if I remember right, you can't overclock GPU to 512 MHz when using ddk 1.8.

Exclusiveyash

Nov 11, 2012
I have been facing the artifacts issue and even underclocking didn't help for long.
So, to fix it,
Just Turn OFF Smart Reflex for core using Trickster Mod.
Tested for almost 2 weeks and no artifacts even a single time :) !

P.S: You need not underclock GPU anymore, its stable at 512Mhz.
@Carlos_Manuel This is how they are
vQmO9uQ.jpg

Hope it helped.!

Last edited:

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
My nexus was horrible bad working and i have submit it to second phone now i have a L920 and i am going to post how i installed this rom for recover the nexus agility:

Flash Stock android 4.3.0 without wipping userdata
Let it boot and install twrp...
Reboot twrp
Wipie factory reset
Install ROM
Install GAPPS
Install SuperSu
Install UKM for synapse
Reboot system now
Config phone and google account
Search play store Synapse
Install it and give root acess
Open it and set:
Cpu governor ondemand
Read-ahead size 2048kb
OMAP Gamma Contrast this depends on you I have set it to 8
TCP to htcp
LMK profile aggressive
Wifi scan 10secs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    newcreate.png

This ROM is built from AOSP sources with my modifications and with some useful features. I don't really care about any ROM customization features, because I care about stability and performance. So this ROM will never be "fully customizable".

What's the difference between this ROM and other custom LP ROMs for Nexus?
    A: You really cannot see the difference by seeing screenshots of this ROM. You can feel the difference by using it.

asdfgh.png

Download:
    --------------------------------------------
    Dreams version 5.3.9.4

Recommended Gapps:
    https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20150222-signed.zip

Untested by me
    HDMI video / audio output (These are tested by s107ken, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59907568&postcount=1229 ) :)

What's not working: / bugs:
    Invert colors feature doesn't work. (This is not a bug)
    HDMI video interface is currently broken.

Features to be included some day?:
    Status bar clock optimization?

___

Features:

Advanced power menu from CM
    App Ops
    Ambient Display
    Audio recording (Stereo audio)
    AudioFx from CyanogenMod
    BLE (enabled in my way), BTA GATT, SMP, BTIF, BTA_DM_COD, BT PAN, hfp changes, etc.
    Expanded desktop (hide navigation bar, status bar or both of them for certain apps or for all the apps)
    F2FS support for data & cache partitions only
    Chromecast support
    WiFi Display support (aka Cast Screen on KK & LP) [Thanks to s107ken]
    Working P2P - Notice that, many kitkat and lollipop based ROMs for Tuna doesn't have this feature working at all or not working correctly.
    USB OTG support
    init.d support (No Gapps backup support)
    IMG DDK 1.9 (GPU drivers)
    dumpdcc instead of fRom (for camera)
    Materialized MMs (CM)
    Materialized Browser (based on CM and forward designed by me)
    Power Control widget (This is disabled by default and also disabled for new Nexus devices)
    Quick Unlock (Lockscreen only) (From AOSPA)
    Silent and Airplane global actions enabled for power menu
    Screenshot delete action
    SELinux enabled (set to enforcing)
    Kernel:

• based on Ziyan's omap kernel
    • GPU overclocking
    • Vibrator intensity controls
    • Gamma control
    • USB Audio support enabled
    • Color control
    • Battery Life eXtender
    • F2FS support
    • And more...
    And more...

How to flash: (FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK)
    1. Make a backup of your current ROM (If you want to be safe...)
    2. Recovery that you are using, must support KitKat. (i.e TWRP 2.8.x or CWM 6.0.4.x)
    Nb. There might occur some problems with the CWM recoveries (i.e extra /0 folders...)
    3. Download this ROM and also download the GApps from the OP or use other Google apps that are deodexed.
    4. Put the .zip files into internal storage (Or use adb sideload)
    5. Reboot into the recovery
    6. Wipe data / factory reset (Clean flash) or wipe cache and dalvik cache (dirty flash)
    => If you did a dirty flash, then please, do not report of any problems.
    =>Feedback is always welcome. I hope you like this ROM!
    8. Enjoy!

Thanks to:

Google for Android and for its lollipop changes (from Grouper, Fugu, Manta and Shamu)
    s107ken for working WiFi display
    Ziyan & MWisBest for some of the kernel and device changes for lollipop and newer gpu drivers... :)
    Ziyan for helping me when I've asked help.
    freshgiammi for some of his SELinux denial fixes
    CyanogenMod for AudioFX, fixes and features which are included on this ROM.
    AOSPA
    And others whose commits I've used..
    DFG App dev. for the easy way to generate device frames...
    Also thanks to me... :p

This ROM is open sourced.
    ROM sources
    Kernel
    Dreams (CM 11.0 based) is almost built. Notebook run out of memory again and I have to expand the partitions again.. :/
    Changelogs

v.5.3.5:
    Uses newer ddk. SGX ddk 1.9 (GPU drivers).
    Power menu reboot icons updated.
    Updated to LMY47O.
    wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf from the device tree. to remove p2p_disabled line. (For avoiding any possible conflicts.).
    Kernel based on Ziyann's kernel.
    F2FS support for kernel is back.
    Minor changes..

____________________________________________________________________________________

v5.3.1:

vednor/ds: Fix some avc denials
    vednor/ds: etc/init.d/98netflix from CM/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common
    Alert Dialog theme to Material Design - from LoureiroPT/android_frameworks_base@0610c19 - Thanks to LoureiroPT
    frameworks/base: lowmemorykiller: Fix high min-free values - Ty KonstaT
    frameworks/base: Fix memory leak where we close the descriptor instead of the file. ty Derek Sollenberger
    frameworks/base: Fix USB media removed notification to be dismissable - Ty execve
    https://github.com/Dreams-Lp/platfo...mmit/1bbe23c16fdeb23602c3ffa5e9e8c47959c1fa18
    vendor: L3 widevine libs from oppo/msm8974-common, Ty stargo and Ziyann
    tuna: media_codecs: fix Netflix Ziyann/android_device_samsung_tuna@85e2ba2 Ty to stargo and Ziyann
    tuna: media_codecs.xml: Remove unneeded line
    init.tuna.rc: Enable KSM configuration (from Fugu)
    init.tuna.rc: set RLIMIT_MEMLOCK to 64MB - ty Ziyann Ziyann/android_device_samsung_tuna@46536b8
    Proximity sensor fixed.. Thanks to Ziyann for helping me as much as he could. (He have elped me a lot..), thanks to mwisbest for his RIL commits, thanks to freshgiammi for his repos where I cherry-picked the ril commits, to fix proximity..
    libhardware: modules/usbaudio/audio_hw.c: fix memory leak - Ty soon1
    platform_hardware_ti_omap4xxx: Add one missing include for camera

And some other changes..

____________________________________________________________________________________

v5.0.5:
    Code:
    external/bluetooth/bluedroid/: bluetooth: Change Sampling frequency to 48 kHz - Thanks to Sunny Kapdi external/bluetooth/bluedroid/: bluetooth: Increase buffer size - Thanks to adrian-bl packages/apps/: Include CM's  DSP Manager packages/apps/: Include CM's LockClock Tuna: DSP Manager changes to audio_effects.conf Latest PA changes

v5.0.4
    Code:
    Latest PA changes
    Settings: values-et  Fix some of my translations
    Light Bulb: Add my translation values-et
    Light Bulb: change color from #33B5E5 (blue) to #C7C6C7 (grey)
    Volume panel transparency - Thanks to jruesga
    Enable launcher icon for Sound recorder, to launch it.
    Kernel: Use 3.4 kernel's BT files for some nice 3.4 kernel BT LE features. :) (/net/bluetooth/, /include/linux/net/bluetooth/, /drivers/bluetooth/). No build errors and BT works.

V5.0.3:
    Code:
    Revert: DeskClock: Add option to hide alarmclock icon in StatuBar
    Finnish translations by jonttuv (Currently for Settings only)
    My Estonian translations for Settings, SystemUI, frameworks/core/res/res/
    Something else? I don't remember!

NEXT: 
    Change some lies from my translations
    Fix typos (if there's any typos)
    V5.0.2:
    Code:
    Browser:
    Add back history page - Thanks to maniac103
    Add valid fragments (fixes FC) - Thanks to pawitp
    Fix browser FC - Thanks to adhiti
    Browser: New Navbar buttons - Thanks to iceandfire
    Implement client - side incognito mode - Thanks to rmcc
    Show start-up page in incognito mode - Thanks to Chirayudesai
    Always show the actionbar overflow - Thanks to Veeti
    BrowserSettings: Update desktop UA string to match Chrome 30 - Thanks to steven676
    Replace removed Narrow_Columns layout mode with test_autosizing - Thanks to steven676
    Properly handle get center tab - Thanks to jruesga
    Reimplement titlebar autohiding to be compatible with Chromium Webview - Thanks to blackhand1001
    Fix progress barwhen quick controls are enabled - Thanks to blackhand1001

Bluetooth: Allow sending APK files to remote device (from CM)
    DeskClock; Analog Clock widget for Lockscreen
    DeskClock: Add option to hide alarmclock icon in StatuBar - Thanks to nightmw
    [B]
    DeskClock: Add option to hide alarmclock icon in StatuBar - Will be reverted (causes fc)[/B]
    V5.0.1:
    Code:
    Battery LED Color customization: Thanks to Kufikugel, xplodwild and dvtonder. Originally from dvtonder (CyanogenMod)
    Settings Battery LED options - (from AOSPAL/android_packages_apps_Settings) - Thanks to xxifan and hoostonn
    p2p_supplicant.c fixing WiFi, and audio_policy.conf fixing audio on WiFi display - Thanks to s107ken (kensuke)
    V5.0:
    Code:
    Based on PA KK - KVT49L
    audio_policy.conf: KK changes.
    Enable BLE in my way +, BTA_HOST_INTERLEAVE_SEARCH - TRUE, BTA_SKIP_BLE_READ_REMOTE_FEAT - TRUE
    device.mk: KK changes
    libsensors/sensors.cpp: KK changes
    WiFi Display (device_tuna, device_maguro, frameworks_av)
    media_profiles.xml: improvements, stereo audio...
    Multi-users: Max 5
    init.tuna.rc: WiFi, P2P
    Tuna: Battery LED - Thanks to Kufikugel -- Battery LED color customization should be on the version 5.0.1
    Battery LED color customization -- Not in v5.0
    Build: -O3
    Settings: Change some AOSP ET_EE translations
    Fix Screenrecord abort issues - Thanks to Dewayne Jones
    --- I forgot to add changelogs here--- LOL

v4.4.4:
    Code:
    Possible P2P fix (init.tuna.rc)
    Latest CM changes
    v4.4.3:
    Code:
     Graphical glitches of screen off animation fixed...

Latest CM changes
    -O3 optimizations back
             tuna: enable EGL bug workaround
    and more.. but I don't remember what did I change.
    v4.4.2:
    Code:
    Revert -O3 optimizations for now
    re-sync repositories
    Use another vendor proprietary files [URL="https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers#magurojwr66y"]android 4.3 (JWR66Y)[/URL]
    Include libdrmdecrypt.so to /system/lib/
    v4.4.1:
    Code:
     -- ??
    v4.4:
    Code:
    Enable BLE in my way (The same way how I enabled it when JB 4.3 was released... "force enable") - Thanks to me
    Enable host interleaving BR/EDR device discovery - Thanks to Google
    Correct WiFi lines in my way (Like how it is on Grouper's KK) - Thanks to Google and me :D

frameworks/base overlay: add MMS UA and UAProfUrl strings for maguro. - Thanks to steven676
    Really really fix the sensors properly. - Thanks to MWisBest

Update cm.mk fingerprint from JB 4.3 to 4.4 and update product_name ...
    -O3

Enable multi users (set Max multi-users: 5)
    Enable WiFi display (I still don't know does it work.)

Inlcude audio.r_submix.default - from Grouper's KK device repository (Needed for Wifi Display) - Thanks to Google

[ASRAM]: Additional Safe RAM (~50 MB) reclaimed from YUV Tiler reserved one. - Thanks to mpokwsths, boype and BigBrother1984
    Change CONFIG_LOCALVERSION from -cyanogenmod to -dreams
    add comment to maguro media_codecs.xml  (WiFi display) - Thanks to kensuke
    Settings: Change / Fix some et-EE strings.. - Thanks to me
    Settings: add xml-et - Thanks to me

Still to do: later add my translated CM strings for et-EE, fix AAPT warning and translate untranslated lines
    M1.6:
    --
    MILESTONE 1.5:

Code:
    Minor fixes
    Multi users enabled (Not recommended to use this yet.)
    Enabled lockscreen translucent 
    Enabled rotation lock tile (for some reason not showing up..)
    Revert battery notification mute sound feature (because I added this   accidentally, I didn't check is it for tablets or phones and we don't   need that)
    MILESTONE 1:

device_maguro
    Code:
    KitKat
    Enable BLE
    frameworks/base overlay: add MMS UA and UAProfUrl strings for maguro,Ö Ö
    JB 4.3.1
    device_tuna
    Code:
    fix typo of audio.r_submix.default
    Enable host interleaving BR/EDR device discovery Ö
    audio: fix remote submix sampling rates Ö
    change to new libsensors headers - Thanks to kufikugel
    KitKat
    Include BLE permission file
    Enable BLE
    JB 4.3.1

_______________________________________________________________________________________

KitKat:

Screenshots:
    Screenshot.png

Download:
    Dreams version 5.2.3 (Latest KitKat): STABLE https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxlYDVLp_RkMbVU2dEthYUxsV00/edit?usp=sharing
    ParanoidAndroid's Gapps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

What works?
    On KitKat builds everything works (Including BT PAN, GPS, P2P, etc.).

Bugs:
    On KitKat build:
    Circle battery is not spinning 360°...

Features: (KitKat)
    Advanced power menu from AOSPA
    A2DP High quality + some fixes and features from AOSP master branch [Fixes from CM and AOSP]
    App Ops
    Battery styles (circle, normal, hidden, etc.) [From AOSPA]
    BLE (enabled in my way), BTA GATT, SMP, BTIF, BTA_DM_COD, BT PAN changes, etc. [All changes made by me]
    Browser changes (to work fine with chromium... History, bookmarks, incognito, etc-) [Most of the changes are from CM]
    CM kernel
    DSP Manager from CM.
    -O3 (slight optimizations) for performance
    Multi-user support (Max 5 multi users) (Need modifying)
    Changes to video/audio recordng (stereo audio), image default quality 100, etc. [Changes made by me, remote audio changes taken from AOSP Grouper]
    Chromecast supported
    WiFi Display (aka Screen cast on KK) [Thanks to s107ken]
    Working P2P [Thanks to s107ken
    Quick unlock [from AOSPA]
    Unlock before lock [Added by GeekyDroid ...]
    USB OTG Support
    Maximize widgets [from AOSPA]
    Volume rocker (next track, previous track, unlock screen) [From AOSPA]
    Graphical glitches and black boxes (fixes and workarounds for them)
    GPS changes [Made by me]
    SuperUser
    init.d support (And Gapps backup support)
    More... (like for e.g. modifications in device repositories...)
    Fixes for Nexus (Screen record, stability, A2DP, etc.)

(KitKat)
    Thanks To:
    Google
    ParanoidAndroid devs and contributors whose work has been included to this ROM.
    CyanogenMod devs and contributors [/FONT] whose work has been included to this ROM, especially Ricardo Cerqueira.
    s107ken for his patches for WiFi display, making WiFi display working on tuna, ... & testing P2P and WiFi Display on this ROM.
    GeekyDroid
    Working on the new version. I'll start building it in the evening.