[ROM][5.1.1][UNOFFICIAL] GZR Validus ROM V8.1 [R5,2015-09-23]

Search This thread

Nov 28, 2014
HTC U11
Samsung Galaxy S10e
This is a fully functional ROM. the only bug is "no SIM", happens randomly when restarting phone. easily fixed by airplane mode. this is my daily driver and happy with it. Thanks to dev.
On the other hand if you go Omni ROM it doesn't have any bugs, fully functional but boring. might as well go to MIUE.

fluster84

Jun 15, 2013
New Delhi
Google Pixel 3 XL
This is a fully functional ROM. the only bug is "no SIM", happens randomly when restarting phone. easily fixed by airplane mode. this is my daily driver and happy with it. Thanks to dev.
On the other hand if you go Omni ROM it doesn't have any bugs, fully functional but boring. might as well go to MIUE.

That's alright mate, I prefer a good stock android over the flashy stuff anyway. I faced random reboots with Ivan's which is a total deal-breaker. I know that the no-sim bug can be easily fixed by rebooting in airplane mode but sometimes when I was busy, I have missed important calls because of it (didn't check after reboot and totally oblivious of the fact that my phone was effectively dead in my pocket). Imo a phone should first of all work like a phone, the extra bells-n-whistles come second. Anyway, thanks for the heads up! Might try this rom on my gf's phone later.

mad-extrem

Dec 16, 2013
Bangalore
Edit: Don't ask about Xcelerate kernel when dev is ready to release... He will

Attachments

• 1439833919799.jpg
    1439833919799.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 161
  • 1439833936429.jpg
    1439833936429.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: paul c and rajib4

gary138.138

Apr 6, 2015
Hong Kong
Have you experienced SOD in call on this rom?

mad-extrem

Dec 16, 2013
Bangalore
No need extended partition ...as I am using it on stock partition....:D
Note: This ss is after installing 45mb gapps.....

Attachments

• 1439879688230.jpg
    1439879688230.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: droidead

balu1191

Jan 9, 2014
Hyderabad
That's alright mate, I prefer a good stock android over the flashy stuff anyway. I faced random reboots with Ivan's which is a total deal-breaker. I know that the no-sim bug can be easily fixed by rebooting in airplane mode but sometimes when I was busy, I have missed important calls because of it (didn't check after reboot and totally oblivious of the fact that my phone was effectively dead in my pocket). Imo a phone should first of all work like a phone, the extra bells-n-whistles come second. Anyway, thanks for the heads up! Might try this rom on my gf's phone later.
Agreed:)

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

I am so sick of No sim bug in all the lollipop roms that I have flashed on my Mi4. Is there any rom out there except MIUI that has this bug fixed? It is annoying as hell. :mad:

Yes As The Other Users Suggested OMINI By BITTI IS The Rock Solid Rom Without Bugs:eek:

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Both Are Good To Go..!!
I Use OmniRom By Bitti..!!
Its Goody For Daily Use..!!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Which Kernel DO Yu Suggest With This BItti's OMINI??:confused:

droidead

Nov 27, 2014
delhi
No network on this rom for maximum hours,/why not fix the messy device tree and make a move to build a rom after that..
No body wants to build from base . Finally had few talks with kairi_zeroblade xcelerate developer , donation needed to work over device tree as device is necessary..(WIP) Otherwise we have to accept xiaomi miui kkkkkkkkkkkk..
Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

droidead

Nov 27, 2014
delhi
This was some lil help i could get to improve camera quality as stock

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1439967691173.jpg
    1439967691173.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 136

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6g6jCk.png

A community built upon the willingness to learn, create and socialize on Android. Creators of Validus, a custom AOSP ROM with many features created in house as well as pulled from CyanogenMod, SlimROMs, Paranoid Android and others. Members are also dev/maintainers for other popular ROMs. Enjoy your stay! Also, unofficial builds from source will not be supported. You assume all responsibility for anything that may happen and Team Validus cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that may happen to your device as a result of flashing a rom.

KEyyKt6.png

Nav Bar Tweaks (ON/OFF Toggle and Custom Dimensions)
    Animated Rotation Tile
    Wake UP on Plug
    Notification Ticker
    Answer Calls with Hardware Home Button
    Status Bar Clock Tweaks (Right, Center or Hide Clock with Many Dates Formats to Show & Custom Colors included)
    Notifications Counter
    Lockscreen Shortcuts
    LCD Density
    System Animations
    Network Traffic
    Dark MMS
    Material Dark
    Volume Keys Wakes the Device
    Embedded SuperSU
    Clear All Button in Recent Panel with Custom Option (Hide, Top Right or Top Left)
    Quick Settings Pull Down With One Finger (Right, Left or Off)
    Smart Pull Down
    Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 Degree Rotation
    Brightness Control Through Status Bar
    Double-Tap Status Bar to Sleep
    Battery Lights
    Advanced Reboot Menu
    Screen Shot Quick Delete with Confirmation
    Long Press Back to Kill
    Less Frequent Notifications Sound
    CM's Eleven Music App and AudioFX
    Ad Blocker App Bundle
    And Much More....

559fNx3.png

19/04/2015

Initial Release

10/05/2015

Get ChangeLog

Install_Instructions.png

-Read Everything Carefully
    - ake sure you have CWM/TWRP installed and a working nandroid backup
    -Download Rom And GAPPS.
    -Boot Into Recovery
    -Perform A Full Wipe (you dont have to wipe your internal SD)
    -Flash Rom & GAPPS.
    -Reboot & Have Fun!!!
    -Enjoy Validus!

downloads_tab.png

>>>> Validus ROM Official Download <<<<
    You can use any GAPPS, but Love these GAPPS

sources.png

Validus ROM Source
    Device Sources
    Kernel Sources

Special Thanks to @CM-Cancro for Device Tree & Kernel Sources

kOYSAYe.png

Team-Validus
    GZRoms-Our House
    AOSP
    CyanogenMOD
    LiquidSmooth
    Dirty Unicorns
    CM-Cancro
    Others I may have forgotten (please tell me if you feel left out)

XDA:DevDB Information
    GZR Validus ROM, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3

Contributors
    aniket.lamba
    Source Code: https://github.com/CM-Cancro & https://github.com/TV-LP51

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock pre-rooted,TWRP recovery,ROM zip and minimal Google apps.
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: R5
    Stable Release Date: 2015-09-23

Created 2015-05-16
    Last Updated 2015-09-23
    Look y'all,I'm compiling KK just for you guys,Syncing a 15 GB source ain't easy bruh + I've to change my study schedule for tomorrow.Well all Indians here know that it's hella important to score good percentile in 12th std,especially if you're a Non Medical student.It's been 3 days and people are just literally bombarding my PM and the previous thread with posts.I'll do it,but give me some time.You'll get a KK based ROM every weekend,as simple as that.Please don't make this fussy for me and force me to leave this device for development.Just some time and patience,that's all you need to have.I hope you get my point.Peace out.

Regards,
    Aniket Lamba
    Did you try again bro! I know you can do it! You are quite talented. After all who can compile a whole rom like validus in a day after promising??

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Yes before i forget!
    leave cm11 if you can't do it... But please try porting ubuntu touch os! Tired of miui and lollipop!!

Dude,I can't! I just entered the development section and you're asking me to develop a completely different OS from scratch!? No way! Carbon KK may be up by midnight,lets see.
    Update - GZR Validus V8.0 (15th August,2015)

Changelog - lots of upstream changes and fixes
    - No sim bug fixed
    - GPS and compass fixed
    - Audio improvements
    - SOD fixed

Ambient display doesn't work.For that to make it work,install AcDisplay (Xposed Module) from the Xposed repository.
    Hell lot of errors,anyways I'm gonna post a LP ROM tomorrow so stay tuned.Also Team UB will be updated on Saturday with bug fixes and kernel improvements.