[ROM][N6][6.0.1_r62][MTC20F] Chroma 08/02/2016 | Substratum Support

Search This thread

compuguy1088

Jun 17, 2010
NoVA
www.compuguy1088.com
So I figured out that my phone says "charging" for a few seconds then disappears, thus never charging the phone. I notice that this is only with the turbo charger (works fine on the s6 and s6 edge, so I know its not the charger). Anyone else having this issue? It normally happens when I have 60% or less. At like 75% it is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Please read the end of this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62369402&postcount=22374, then please re-post in the Q&A Thread.

quaman

Apr 27, 2014
If there's anybody curious out there and is wanting to flash M Preview 3, please upload framework-res.apk located in /system/framework/
You can either PM it to me or post it in this thread. Thanks! :)

Also new marshmellow boot animation (android 6.0 apparently)
That boot animation is dope

liquidreign

Jul 19, 2010
Create a empty file named ".nomedia" (without quotations) and then it won't appear in gallery.

You can do the same kind of theming with Layers but without hard modifying the actual apk itself. It's more elastic and easier for updates :)

Code:
ticked the system data and [b]SD card to wipe[/b]

Not really a deal breaker for the ROM but a user error on your own part.

This has nothing to do with the ROM.

ALL QUESTIONS goes to the Q&A thread. If it has a "?" then post it in the Q&A thread. For everything else, it's in this thread (e.g. user experience, feedback, bug reports, etc).

The reason I ask for this is because I want to be able to go through the thread in a organized manner in which I don't have to read two people go back and forth helping each other out because someone is confused about the GApps. This is also beneficial to the users because they're able to see what I say and not have to scan through as many pages with Q&A posts.

Off-topic is allowed in this thread too. I just don't want to read questions as there is a thread specific to questions and it's always good to take a break from reading ROM development stuff.

I updated the link last week, only Nano GApps is linked now. People using Pico had a FC last update since it didn't have Google Search Bar.

What are you talking about? I've been using the kernel with the updated test source and battery has been the same as the kernel I put out on 08/14. Anyone who complains about battery life needs to check their wakelocks and if there is a battery hog then they need to provide logs, screenshots and evidence. I'm not going to take someone's word just because they said it.

And it's a "test" kernel for a reason. @hellsgod has been super responsive to users in this thread in regards to his kernel so I'm sure that any feedback you provide to him in regards to battery with logs, screenshots proving that there is a battery drain. I personally DO NOT have any problems with battery drain on the test kernel.

As I have said several times now I didn't tick anything I only slid the factory reset so I wasn't even on the screen to tick anything I don't know how much more clear I can state that fact. Unless I am not being believed
And as I said before as well I think it was a freak thing because twrp said my system was corrupt. I had to do another factory reset to get use of my phone back. I guess for some reason my follow up posts are not being read.

ktracho13

Jan 19, 2013
Elkhart
I have some issues when my wifi disconnects and can't connect to it unless I reboot my phone. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mmoe316

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
I totally second that question! Marshmallow bootanimation looks nice! :good:

Edit: thanks quaman!

Edit 2: hmmm, tried to put it in data/local but I still get the Chroma bootanimation. How do I override it? Thanks!

Replying to myself, in case others need the info: once the bootanimation.zip has been extracted from the flashable .zip file, copy it in system/media (which will replace the Chroma bootanimation.zip so make sure to overwrite it) and set permissions to RW/R/R.

Reboot and enjoy! It's so fluid and full of colors, nice job Google!

Last edited:
Reactions: kevk60

erraggy

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
about.me
As I have said several times now I didn't tick anything I only slid the factory reset so I wasn't even on the screen to tick anything I don't know how much more clear I can state that fact. Unless I am not being believed
And as I said before as well I think it was a freak thing because twrp said my system was corrupt. I had to do another factory reset to get use of my phone back. I guess for some reason my follow up posts are not being read.

The key is that whatever was the cause of your sdcard being wiped, there was zero chance that this ROM's flashable zip was the cause unless you had a bad download. I strongly recommend checking the md5 sums on anything you flash in the future before attempting to flash it.

greatwhovian

Mar 9, 2013
Bayamon
No data

Hey guys,

This issue has been bothering all day and I don't know what to do. I had Chroma and wanted to try another (which sucked), then when I came back to Chroma, I cleaned installed and now I have no data. I have signal, the phone says it's on the T-Mobile network, the APN's are ok, the data is turned On, the Network settings are on LTE, I even flashed the M preview radio but the phone's still not getting any data.

I installed the 8-10-2015 build and 8-14-2015 but both gave the same issue. Now when I reinstalled the other ROM it acquired the signal perfectly. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

EDIT: Found out the reason. The T-Mobile US LTE APN is missing in the newest builds it seems. It has the T-Mobile GPRS but this one has a different APN Protocol. I created the T-Mobile US LTE APN and the GPRS one dissapeared and now it works. Sorry for the bother. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: farangutan

liquidreign

Jul 19, 2010
The key is that whatever was the cause of your sdcard being wiped, there was zero chance that this ROM's flashable zip was the cause unless you had a bad download. I strongly recommend checking the md5 sums on anything you flash in the future before attempting to flash it.

Thanks believe me I will definitely be overly cautious and double check everything. I realize that it wasn't the Rom I was just really upset and because it happened with a clean install of the Rom I jumped to the conclusion it had to be the Rom.

Reactions: erraggy

chefp2010

Aug 18, 2010
Hey guys,

This issue has been bothering all day and I don't know what to do. I had Chroma and wanted to try another (which sucked), then when I came back to Chroma, I cleaned installed and now I have no data. I have signal, the phone says it's on the T-Mobile network, the APN's are ok, the data is turned On, the Network settings are on LTE, I even flashed the M preview radio but the phone's still not getting any data.

I installed the 8-10-2015 build and 8-14-2015 but both gave the same issue. Now when I reinstalled the other ROM it acquired the signal perfectly. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

EDIT: Found out the reason. The T-Mobile US LTE APN is missing in the newest builds it seems. It has the T-Mobile GPRS but this one has a different APN Protocol. I created the T-Mobile US LTE APN and the GPRS one dissapeared and now it works. Sorry for the bother. :D

Can u please share the settings perhaps screen shot the gprs APN not working so well for me either?

mrw1215

Mar 25, 2011
Been getting random reboots since clean flashig to the latest build. Is that just me having another random issue that no one else has?

Top Liked Posts